Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Mr President Stop That Tenure Elongation Bill And Answer These Questions Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr President Stop That Tenure Elongation Bill And Answer These Questions Now (666 Views)

GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / Reuben Abati On Tenure Elongation (before Before) / Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mr President Stop That Tenure Elongation Bill And Answer These Questions Now by enohj2ee(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
A recent survey It was clearly showed a disturbing trend that over 70% of youths were unemployed or under employed, the questions are:

1. Why do large numbers of university graduates go jobless for months or even years, while business complain of lack of skilled workers?

My Own Answer: Labour supply problems (institutional failure) as result of low salary and Labour demand problems (market failure)

2. Considering the enormity of the youth employment in Nigeria, is there no labour policy to link education with market?

My Own Answer: HMM

3. What is the overall effect of the graduate unemployment on national productivity and development?

My Own Answer: HMM

4. Is Nigerian government folding its arms and looking at how the next generation of workers, parents and leaders goes into the drain?

My Own Answer: Nothing yet. Start now sir

5. In what ways should institutions of higher learning reinvent their systems to empower the youth to meet the changing needs of the economy, market and the expectation of the society?

Proposal for you here:

Mr President help the education sector to

ISSUES AT STAKE

Choice of courses
Culture of academic
Content of curriculum
Currency of curriculum
Commitment to teaching
Compensation of teachers
Closeness with customers
Connectivity with community

I beg You Brother Kill that Tenure Elongation Bill now and go back to the Track, We prayed for you if you fail God will not be happy with you;

In there there to every thing there is limit.

(1) (Reply)

Bombing Of Un House: Supplier Of Bomb Materials Arrested / Vote: Jonathan & Suicide Epidemic In Nigeria / I’ll Build Strong Institutions -jonathan •to Launch Job Creation Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.