Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway (4523 Views)

Flood Takes Over Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Morning (Photos) / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / Lagos/ibadan Express Way , Rehabilitation & Expansion (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2011
[size=13pt]Ogun repairs parts of Lagos-Ibadan expressway[/size]
By Dimeji Kayode Adedeji
July 28, 2011 11:31PM

In order to ameliorate the hardship being experienced by commuters on the Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, the government of Ogun State has begun repair works on the completely dilapidated portion of the highway at Mowe, opposite the Redeemed Christian Church of God Camp.

While briefing journalists during an inspection tour of the road, the state commissioner for Works, Lekan Adegbite said the state government was uncomfortable with the "appalling" state of the 500-metre stretch of the road and its socio-economic cost to the indigenes of the state, who transact business on the axis.

"The state governor, Ibikunle Amosun was distressed by the horrendous hardship being imposed on the people by the dilapidated road and has therefore decided to effect its repair with or without the concessionaire, Bi-Courtney," Mr Adegbite said.

A major drainage is also being constructed along the stretch in order to ensure the durability of the repaired portion.

Ironically, the state government has been engaged in a battle of wits with Bi-Courtney, the company that won the federal government's concession to manage and repair the largely failed road about four years ago.

[size=13pt]Controversial road[/size]

The company said the decision of the state governor to allocate a former construction site to tanker drivers who park indiscriminately along the road, is going to affect its work as it had previously won the right to make use of the place. But the state government said the agreement was never sealed and that it had to do something about the trailers, whose activities has led to several accidents and deaths.

The state has also launched remedial work on another failed federal road within its territory, the Lagos-Abeokuta road.

Shortly after a visit by the governor, Ibikunle Amosun to Sango-Ota, where he trekked several kilometres while inspecting the poor road network in the area, minor repairs were effected on the failed portions of the road, specifically at Joju, Garage, Dalemo and Toll Gate.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5736110-147/story.csp
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
If truly, this man did this after barely 3 months in office, then I must say he needs to be given a, probably Nigeria's first, COMMON SENSE LEADERSHIP/INNIATIVE  award!
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2011
Applaudable move!

Let's hope that Lagos would pick up the tab for the remaining leg. It would be a brilliant ACN fusion.

Fingers and toes crossed.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
Well, up to this point, the excuse with Lagos has been that "It is Federal Road", and somehow a crime for States to step in when the FG Fails . . . at least according to the Nairaland Lagos hounds . grin
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, up to this point, the excuse with Lagos has been that "It is Federal Road", and somehow a crime for States to step in when the FG Fails . . . at least according to the Nairaland Lagos hounds . grin

Lagos would merely be showing itself up if it doesn't take on this task. If Lagos doesn't, then they'd be proving the critics right about being a government purely for the elites.

Somewhere inside of me, i'm hoping that this is one of the deals and agreements made by the SW governors to develop the region. It would indeed be a welcome development.

If they both complete this one task, they'd the putting the FG to shame and making other region quake in their boots and become wary of the emerging power region within their contraption called a union.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Akanbiedu(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
If indeed Amosun manages to do this, it will be great.

I hope the mainstreamers will not start their mischief. because they can actually stop work on those roads if they want. The one in Sango has a big signboard that says "work will soon commence on this road" signed by FG and Bi-courtney may go to court to stop any work on the Ibadan-Lagos because it has been conceded to them.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

If indeed Amosun manages to do this, it will be great.

I hope the mainstreamers will not start their mischief. because they can actually stop work on those roads if they want. The one in Sango has a big signboard that says "work will soon commence on this road" signed by FG and Bi-courtney may go to court to stop any work on the Ibadan-Lagos because it has been conceded to them.

indeed!
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by koruji(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
This is certainly laudable. There is a real need to challenge the federal roads law, so that if a state has the means it can go ahead and repair/maintain a road. In the case of Lagos, there are too many state roads still left to make good - there are also many federal roads within Lagos begging for repairs.

Amosun's repairs is certainly good news to anyone who has travelled on that road recently. His people should have put this news out instead of letting the confrontation with Bi-Courtney over a piece of land get in the headlines. This is a real way to put both the FG & Bi-Courtney to shame.

Still, I hope you guys realize that what the Ogun state government has repaired is merely 500 meters (0.5km). The road is about 120 km. So, while anything helps this is far from what is needed. Bi-Courtney needs to either do its job or give up the contract so it can be awarded to a company that will perform.

Kobojunkie:

Desola:

Applaudable move!
Let's hope that Lagos would pick up the tab for the remaining leg. It would be a brilliant ACN fusion.
Fingers and toes crossed.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
This is very misguided and disheartening.

These bad roads remains the sole responsibility of the federal government to fix, not the states, but if any state have extra funds to spend on other people's responsibilities, that's their problem. Many of these states don't even have money to fix their own roads.

The people of the region also have elected federal reps, senators and ministers in Abuja whose job it is to fight and get federal attention in regards to federal projects in their respective regions. I don't even see these folks pressuring the feds for anything.  

What is going on here is very shameful and counterproductive, the whole system is upside down. These state are basically doing other people's jobs with funds that really should be funding state projects like water, roads, clinics and other critical needs.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2011
koruji:

Still, I hope you guys realize that what the Ogun state government has repaired is merely 500 meters (0.5km). The road is about 120 km. So, while anything helps this is far from what is needed. Bi-Courtney needs to either do its job or give up the contract so it can be awarded to a company that will perform.
The State does not have to pool all it's available resources into repairing the whol 120km stretch. Repairing just 0.5km of that road is better than repairing none at all. That road has been a death trap for years, yet it remains one of the MAJOR road[/b]s that links Ogun with businesses from outside.

Just like Lagos, Ogun also has too many state roads left to make good --- the state does not need to first repair all of it's roads ( and for those who are stuck on that word, make them perfect) before it considers working on a [b]MAJOR ROAD
like this one.

I really hope other state governors, rather than cry and wail all year, would get to working, not for their egos, but at least with the understanding that those who ply these roads regularly, need them repaired.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by hercules07: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
Eko Ile tell them o, the FG takes over 50% of the allocations and yet is not living up to its responsibilities.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2011
hercules07:

Eko Ile tell them o, the FG takes over 50% of the allocations and yet is not living up to its responsibilities.

. . .but for how long must we fold our arms and hope that the FG takes up on its responsibilities? How many lives must we lose and how many investments must we allow to pass us by because the mumu in Aso Rock is too busy punishing the rascals?

I have said it before that Ogun has a lot to gain from doing the best it can to attract investors into it's land as Lagos can't seem to cope with the demand any longer. It would be beneficial for the South west region in the long run.

Yes, there are those who have been appointed to fight our corners at the FG level but in all honesty, how many have done what we appointed them to do? Yes, we will demand good governance and accountability but whilst doing that, let's also hit the ground working.

My only worry is that this is just one of Amosun's ill thought out plans or actions because not long ago he was whining about debt and inability to pay teachers' fees so I ask: where is the money going to come from?
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2011
hercules07:

I just don't get these silly and backward reasonings, especially by the same trolls and clowns yelling and crying everyday about bad state infrastructures like drainage systems and roads, yet the same clowns and silly trolls are here asking the states to ignore their own bad roads and go tackle other people's responsibilities with their meager funds that's not even enough to fix their own roads.

From my stand point, Ogun state is talking about fixing this particular stretch of that road simply because of Adeboye and his church, not necessarily because of the people of Ogun state in general.

Talk about misplaced priorities.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by dplordx(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is very misguided and disheartening.

These bad roads remains the sole responsibility of the federal government to fix, not the states, but if any state have extra funds to spend on other people's responsibilities, that's their problem. Many of these states don't even have money to fix their own roads.

The people of the region also have elected federal reps, senators and ministers in Abuja whose job it is to fight and get federal attention in regards to federal projects in their respective regions. I don't even see these folks pressuring the feds for anything.  

What is going on here is very shameful and counterproductive, the whole system is upside down. These state are basically doing other people's jobs with funds that really should be funding state projects like water, roads, clinics and other critical needs.

Eko Ile, I want to disagree with your point of view here: given the anti-masses view of the FG, and its gross insensitivity to the suffering of the populace, I think any good governor would rather fix any crucial road that affects the lives of thousands of its residence. I dont think BRF negligence of some federal roads cuts given how much he has poured on useless and white-elephant projects such as the LFTZ. Amosu's approach is highly commendable and we hope BRF takes cue from a real selfless leader like this.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
Desola:

. . .but for how long must we fold our arms and hope that the FG takes up on its responsibilities? How many lives must we lose and how many investments must we allow to pass us by because the mumu in Aso Rock is too busy punishing the rascals?

I have said it before that Ogun has a lot to gain from doing the best it can to attract investors into it's land as Lagos can't seem to cope with the demand any longer. It would be beneficial for the South west region in the long run.

Yes, there are those who have been appointed to fight our corners at the FG level but in all honesty, how many have done what we appointed them to do? Yes, we will demand good governance and accountability but whilst doing that, let's also hit the ground working.

My only worry is that this is just one of Amosun's ill thought out plans or actions because not long ago he was whining about debt and inability to pay teachers' fees so I ask: where is the money going to come from?

The fact is, the people of Ogun state are dying and suffering inside their own state because of the same bad roads and terrible infrastructure just as described in the article below.

Bad roads, constant flooding worry 26 Ogun communities

Listing the problems currently suffered by the people living in the communities, the group said, “Our communities are plagued by bad roads, which make movement within the communities a tedious business, and severe flooding during the rainy season.

“We lack potable water, a good drainage system, regular power supply and there is absence of urban renewal and slum upgrading in these areas.

“We have suffered untold hardship in the past eight years because of official neglect.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104081472489
“As a result, we have decided to make a common presentation of the suffering of the people living in these border towns of Ogun State.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2011
This is what the people of Ogun state are begging their government to do for them.

Ijoko residents want Amosun to fix bad road

Some of the residents told CityFile in Ota, that they experience untold hardship on the roads whenever there was heavy downpour in the area. Adebayo Olarenwaju, a civil servant, said that a journey between Sango and Ijoko that used to be 10 minutes now takes as much as three hours whenever it rained.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/city-file/city-file/24713-ijoko-residents-want-amosun-to-fix-bad-road
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

The fact is, the people of Ogun state are dying and suffering inside their own state because of the same bad roads and terrible infrastructure just as described in the article below.

Understandable.

However, the government isn't fiscally able to respond to these needs without funds so why not pave the way for investment to come in and the funds generated from such would provide the means to tackle these problems?

Ogun's priority now is to generate income and one of those, I believe, is to make good its major roads to Lagos to attract investments into its territory.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2011
Desola:

Understandable.

However, the government isn't fiscally able to respond to these needs without funds so why not pave the way for investment to come in and the funds generated from such would provide the means to tackle these problems?

Ogun's priority now is to generate income and one of those, I believe, is to make good its major roads to Lagos to attract investments into its territory.

That is part reason why I deem this COMMON SENSE approach to tackling the problem.  The State claims it does not have the resources but we know that are potentials right next door in Lagos, and Ibadan, and even Benin . . .  investors probably looking for ways to invest in cheaper markets in the area, and by most indications, Ogun is cheaper than Lagos, Benin, and even Ibadan.

Ogun State has allowed incompetence at the Federal Level rob it for long enough, of these potential investors. If the Governor can open a small door/make it much easier for these investors, it will go a long way in helping alleviate the financial problems the state has. If connections between states were REPAIRED, more businesses will flow through borders, and states would generate more income, needed for in-house care.

Just because you have a leaking roof, a hole in your backyard, and probably a messy kitchen, is no reason why you should not attempt to fix the pathway/walkway to your house. That is the same walkway the repairman, delivery man, etc will use when coming in to help you with your repair needs.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Gbawe: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
@Eko Ile.

I get your point but the last section of the article makes it clear that Amosun is repairing important federal roads within Ogun State as well. In the end , with a wickedly indolent and corrupt FG, self help will be the way forward. If we all think about it, Amosun's action demonstrates , lucidly and consistently, the reason we all voted to reject the PDP. We are following a regional plan. Did a certain Minister back then (now Petroleum Minister today) not weep about the State of a very important Federal road in 2007? We are now in 2011 with no major change after her Crocodile tears !!!

Bi-Courtney , if memory serves me correctly, gained the contract for the Lagos-Ibadan expressway 4 years ago !! What have they done to date? Sadly, federal roads are the most important. If SW Governors do not proactively begin to repair these roads , even if only to shame the FG into action, then we are doomed because of the strategic importance of road transport in a nation with poor overall transport infrastructure . don't forget that this is no different to how some Nigerians , because of an irresponsible FG, are forced to be their own Governors and President i.e they must buy their own generators, sink their own borehole, pay for their own security, build their roads et al.

The state has also launched remedial work on another failed federal road within its territory, the Lagos-Abeokuta road.

Shortly after a visit by the governor, Ibikunle Amosun to Sango-Ota, where he trekked several kilometres while inspecting the poor road network in the area, minor repairs were effected on the failed portions of the road, specifically at Joju, Garage, Dalemo and Toll Gate.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
dplordx:

Eko Ile, I want to disagree with your point of view here: given the anti-masses view of the FG, and its gross insensitivity to the suffering of the populace, I think any good governor would rather fix any crucial road that affects the lives of thousands of its residence. I dont think BRF negligence of some federal roads cuts given how much he has poured on useless and white-elephant projects such as the LFTZ. Amosu's approach is highly commendable and we hope BRF takes cue from a real selfless leader like this.

And I'm still telling you that you can not have it both ways. You can not sit here crying and yelling that Lagos roads are bad and the drainage system are terrible, but the wake up tomorrow and ask the same government to go and spend what it doesn't really have on other people's responsibilities.

The federal government is irresponsible simply because we give them a pass, funds for these project are part of the yearly federal budgets, we just don't know how to fight for our share. I'm yet to see our governors and regional federal reps, senators and ministers holding joint press conferences pressuring the federal government for that money or even heading to Abuja to camp out till funds for these projects are released.

I know for a fact that the feds did not respond to Lagos state and the Airport Road till Fashola relentless lobbied the feds and GEJ himself, but guess what, GEJ released 9 billion for the project.

We really need to slow down and quit getting ahead of ourselves, things are bad, but we still have to always do things the right way, not backward.

About your so called white elephant rubbish, I hope you have a better list of the state's white elephant project apart from your ignorant take on the LFTZ.

LFTZ is not a state project and the project is not a white elephant. The project is a money making elephant for the state. Thousands of Lagosians are collecting paychecks and paying taxes off that single project. Apart from the economic activities at the zone, the area is getting a 8 billion dollars refinery that Lagosians and the state are going to get a big slice of.

The state is also set to get trained and skilled industrial/manufacturing workers and transfer of technology via the many manufacturing and industrial activities at the LFTZ.

Like I said, curb your ignorance, the LFTZ is a money making elephant and PPP.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2011
Desola:

Understandable.

Where is the sense and wisdom in fixing a tinny portion of 120 klm road when the sections from east and west are still bad? Are the so called investors going to dispense off their suffering by doing abrakadabra and magically boycotting the sections from Lagos and Ibadan and landing straight on Ogun portion.?

What if the company responsible for fixing the road shows up and rip the fixed portion apart during construction or just let it be till when ever they feel like touching it because it's their job to fix the road?

By the way, this is all about Adeboye and his church, not about the people of Ogun state and investors. Ogun state's economy and center of commerce is on the other side in Ota.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by stormm: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
For information purposes only; Lagos State boundary with Ogun State on the expressway is by Berger Busstop, before Isheri
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2011
Gbawe:

@Eko Ile.

I get your point but the last section of the article makes it clear that Amosun is repairing important federal roads within Ogun State as well. In the end , with a wickedly indolent and corrupt FG, self help will be the way forward. If we all think about it, Amosun's action demonstrates , lucidly and consistently, the reason we all voted to reject the PDP. We are following a regional plan. Did a certain Minister back then (now Petroleum Minister today) not weep about the State of a very important Federal road in 2007?  We are now in 2011 with no major change after her Crocodile tears !!!

Bi-Courtney , if memory serves me correctly, gained the contract for the Lagos-Ibadan expressway 4 years ago !! What have they done to date? Sadly, federal roads are the most important. If SW Governors do not proactively begin to repair these roads , even if only to shame the FG into action, then we are doomed because of the strategic importance of road transport in a nation with poor overall transport infrastructure . don't forget that this is no different to how some Nigerians , because of an irresponsible FG, are forced to be their own Governors and President i.e they must buy their own generators, sink their own borehole, pay for their own security, build their roads et al.

Trust me, I truly understand your point. Ogun state's action sounds well meaning, I just think they have better and pressing matters to spend their money on and not on other people's responsibilities.

May be a good Idea if Lagos and Oyo are willing and ready to fix their portions.

Let's just pretend both states did

Are they going to be reimburse the states? I don't think so.

And what happens to Bi Courtney and the money they collected to fix the roads?

Are they going to return the money back to the federal government? I don't think so?  

We are talking about roads that other states and other businesses far beyond Lagos, Ogun and Oyo are putting pressure on everyday. Who is going to be responsible for fixing the same roads after fixing it? The same irresponsible federal government?

If they really care, there are other areas of regional cooperation. What about using the same funds to build their own interstate road or highway and rail system and be directly responsible for fixing and maintaining them?

This is nothing but a serious waste of needed funds, your people are crying on your side, but you are on the other side wasting money on a useless federal road that's going to wrecked and neglected months from now via the heavy traffic including oversize vehicles like trailers and oil tankers to and from every corner of the country including the millions of Adeboye's church folks pressuring the road every week
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kolasoft: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
Dis'is great work he should keep it up because fed. Gov has failed awfully may God have mercy on us.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

Trust me, I truly understand your point. Ogun state's action sounds well meaning, I just think they have better and pressing matters to spend their money on and not on other people's responsibilities.

May be a good Idea if Lagos and Oyo are willing and ready to fix their portions.

Let's just pretend both states did

Are they going to be reimburse the states? I don't think so.

And what happens to Bi Courtney and the money they collected to fix the roads?

Are they going to return the money back to the federal government? I don't think so?

We are talking about roads that other states and other businesses far beyond Lagos, Ogun and Oyo are putting pressure on everyday. Who is going to be responsible for fixing the same roads after fixing it? The same irresponsible federal government?

If they really care, there are other areas of regional cooperation. What about using the same funds to build their own interstate road or highway and rail system and be directly responsible for fixing and maintaining them?

This is nothing but a serious waste of needed funds, your people are crying on your side, but you are on the other side wasting money on a useless federal road that's going to wrecked and neglected months from now via the heavy traffic including oversize vehicles like trailers and oil tankers to and from every corner of the country including the millions of Adeboye's church folks pressuring the road every week

You have put afore a very sound and compelling response, However, i'm of the mind that we cannot rest on our laurels and wait for the government of Ode to make things happen for us. These people, remember are for the downfall of the SW. That is the only opposition in their way.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Desola(f): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
Yorubas would say: "tidi ba baje tan, tonidi lo ma da".
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2011
Fayemi, dont disappoint me when Dec comes oh! Waiting for our own roads. I'm one of your loyal believers. ehn ehn
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Fayemi, dont disappoint me when Dec comes oh! Waiting for our own roads. I'm one of your loyal believers. ehn ehn

When december comes, no be express roads you go travel from Lagos to Ekiti?? Better ask your Governor to look into fixing some of the major joins so you can ride more comfortably this time around.

I remember when travel from Lagos to Kwara was about an 8 hour journey on the expressroads, and it used to be a smooth ride even in those 'turo-turo' buses. These days, I would not dare do that to myself and the State Governors need to step up as the bad situation of the roads also robs the states of billions in investment dollars.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

When december comes, no be express roads you go travel from Lagos to Ekiti?? Better ask your Governor to look into fixing some of the major joins so you can ride more comfortably this time around.

I remember when travel from Lagos to Kwara was about an 8 hour journey on the expressroads, and it used to be a smooth ride even in those 'turo-turo' buses. These days, I would not dare do that to myself and the State Governors need to step up as the bad situation of the roads also robs the states of billions in investment dollars.

I'm not expecting express road. That's too far fetched for such a small period. I'm expecting him to enforce the ultimatum he gave to the road construction workers a few months ago. By december, the road contract that was on ground should be met, the roads should atleast be done by then. 3 years road construction, c'mon!

It's not even about creating roads anymore. It's about the methods and resourses being used. We dont want roads that would start making their own pot of stew in 3 years time.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'm not expecting express road. That's too far fetched for such a small period. I'm expecting him to enforce  the ultimatum he gave to the road construction workers a few months ago. By december, the road contract that was on ground should be met, the roads should atleast be done by then. 3 years road construction, c'mon!

It's not even about creating roads anymore. It's about the methods and resourses being used. We dont want roads that would start making their own pot of stew in  3 years time.

Small Period? From now till december na small period to repair even 10 miles of critical express roads  shocked shocked shocked

Anyways sha, no be everyone of our governors understand the problems and solutions available. So, sure, if he can meet the December deadline with the roads, that will be good too.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Small Period? From now till december na small period to repair even 10 miles of critical express roads  shocked shocked shocked

Yes, Kobojunkie. It's a small period.
Do you think Ekiti state has the money to finance such?
I'm sure you'd have not agree with Fayemi if he had ordered the construction of Ekiti to Lagos expressway.
And why to Lagos. . . . no offense to Lagosians, but I'd prefer the "express" way to Ondo. Ondo is developi[i]ng[/i] to me, right now.
Re: Ogun Repairs Parts Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Anyways sha, no be everyone of our governors understand the problems and solutions available. So, sure, if he can meet the December deadline with the roads, that will be good too.

What are you insinuating here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Response To Wikileak About Yoruba People Control Of Nigeria Economy by Musiwa / Miss Anambra S*x Scandal: Apc Calls On IGP To Arrest Chidinma Okeke Today Or... / In Nigeria, Biafra Separatists Are Celebrating Donald Trump Election> Usa Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.