Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,279 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku (11660 Views)

Seyi Makinde Arrives Yola, Asks INEC To Declare Authentic Winner / PDP Asks INEC To Stop Results Collation ‘Immediately’ / Oshiomhole Asks INEC To Apologize, The Look On INEC Chairman Got Nigerians Talki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by powerfulguy: 2:18am On Jul 26, 2022
The Katsina State chapter of the New Nigeria Peoples Party on Monday asked the Independent National Electoral Commission to disqualify the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar and his counterpart in the All Progressives Congress Bola Tinubu.

The state Chairman of the NNPP, Sani Litti, who made the call at a press conference in Katsina on Monday, alleged that the two parties’ presidential primaries were marred by financial crimes.

He also called for the arrest of Tinubu and Atiku by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Department of State Services.

Litti alleged that no fewer than 50,000 Nigerians had lost their lives to banditry from 2015 to date.

He, therefore, called for the resignation of the President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.), because of what he described as insecurity in the country.

The chairman also charged members of the National Assembly to commence the impeachment of the President if he refused to resign.

He also called for the declaration of a state of emergency in Katsina, Kaduna, Zamfara, Niger and Sokoto states due to security challenges.

Litti advised the Federal Government to also hire mercenaries for six months to fight the banditry, insurgents and tribal militias, adding that Government should thereafter recruit one million young Nigerians who should be trained as special forces to secure the country after the exit of the mercenaries.

He stated, “ We reinstate the call on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately resign from office for his inability to secure Nigeria. Insecurity issues keep rising due principally to bad governance including a rise in poverty, poor economic policies, a fall in the standard of living of the people, an upsurge of ethnic militias, an increase in corruption activities, crime and criminal activities, an increase in the use of drugs and several factors.

“In the event of the President refusing to resign, we urge the National Assembly to apply constitutional means to save the lives and properties of Nigerians.

“The government of Nigeria should as a matter of urgency declare a state of emergency on security in the following states: Katsina; Kaduna; Zamfara; Niger and Sokoto states.

“In this respect, we are calling on the Federal Government to immediately hire mercenaries for six months from whenever to fight the rising banditry, insurgency and tribal militias. Similarly, the government should as a matter of urgency recruit one million young Nigerians to be trained as Special Forces to protect and secure the country when the mercenaries leave in six months.”

The NNPP also called for the arrest and prosecution of Atiku and Tinubu over what it said, transpired during the conventions where they were elected standard-bearers for their respective parties in the 2023 general elections.

The NNPP declared,” We call on INEC to disqualify Atiku Abubakar,Bola Ahmed Tinubu from contesting the presidential election in 2023 and also for the EFCC, the Police and DSS to arrest them and all other actors who participated in the convention. We believe that should any one of these two wins the election next year, the country will slide into deeper corruption and financial crimes because the process which produces them is rooted in corruption.”

One of the party’s chieftains at the press conference, Dr Muttaqa Darma, justified the timing of the press conference, insisting that it was the appropriate time as the nation was preparing for general elections.

When contacted, the Director of Media and Communication for Tinubu Campaign Organisation, Bayo Onanuga, said, “I have not seen any petition to that effect from the NNPP. I also think the APC publicity secretary is in a better position to address this issue.”

Also, the APC National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka, stated, “I have not read the NNPP’s call for the disqualification of our party candidate. You can forward the statement or press statement to me. I cannot react to what I have not seen.

“If I read the statement and decide that it is important enough to respond, I will release a statement to address it. Responding to you is not my only option, I can call a press conference tomorrow and deal with it if I think it is that serious.”

When contacted, the PDP spokesman, Debo Ologunagba, said he was not aware of the NNPP’s allegation, adding that he has to see Litti’s statement before he would respond.
https://punchng.com/katsina-nnpp-asks-inec-to-disqualify-tinubu-atiku/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1658796625

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by Toneypen247(m): 2:20am On Jul 26, 2022
Comedy of a country. undecided grin
How I wish it can be effective now, it will just save us from impending danger ahead. Anyway, there won't be any need because come 2023, Aso rock will be obedient. cool

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by oganasolomon: 2:31am On Jul 26, 2022
[left][/left]

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by F4ku: 2:44am On Jul 26, 2022
If the head is corrupt, the body'll follow suit. SO INEC should do the needful by cutting of the head and ensure that there is no room for corruption and also lay down the foundation for upright and OBIDIENT ones, with the sole purpose of a Greater Nigeria.. grin grin grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by princeade86(m): 5:13am On Jul 26, 2022
Don't disqualify them, let them try their luck.
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by Obidient4life2: 5:15am On Jul 26, 2022
INEC don't have such balls.

3 Likes

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by cjudy(m): 5:40am On Jul 26, 2022
They should do as soon as possible

3 Likes

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by tempest01(m): 5:40am On Jul 26, 2022
I hope Labour and the rest took the cue from that Dr. Farouqs expose and file a disqualification suit against these people for going against the electoral law as amended.

There is no love lost in politics.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by Omonieme: 5:41am On Jul 26, 2022
See, Nigeria matter Don tire me. ASUU strike has been on for over 5 months with no end in sight, there's galloping inflation, the Naira is on a free fall, and even the federal capital territory which should be the most secured area is unsafe... Even the commander in chief of the armed forces is not safe. And things doesn't look like getting better anytime soon. The country has failed and even Angel Gabriel cannot redeem it. Not with the current orientation we have as Nigerians where 70% of those complaining of corruption are only complaining because they aren't beneficiaries and where everyone just wants to rip the next person off whatever he can. As for NNPP, these ones are just jokers. I thought Kwankwaso was serious until his choice of Vp. I've got some mouthwatering auto deals that'd hopefully catch your fancy. Just click on my profile and see for yourself.... And if none of the deals on my profile catches your fancy, (Which I heavily doubt it's possibility.); you can send me a whatsapp message for even more sweet deals. Just click on the profile

5 Likes

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by donleo92(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2022
Are you sure we might not see a repeat of June 12 come 2023.
just my own personal view.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by ekukeku(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2022
I don't think dat it's necessary to disqualify Dem..

W gonna disqualify Dem with our PVC comes 2023
W no fear Dem again

2 Likes

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by superCleanworks(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2022
we all know that is not going to happen
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by dan761(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2022
And make Kwankwaso President.. grin

God send our Moses.. Musa abeg to Deliver Us

1 Like

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by adecz: 5:42am On Jul 26, 2022
I concur ✌️✌️✌️✌️
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by superCleanworks(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2022
ekukeku:
Hi

who you dey tell Hi this early morning space booker.
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by lonelydora: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Kai! Nwoke agbadago (Man don go down)!

Likened to a phone battery, BAT is less than 8% charge. And when you put on data (presidency), you drain the remaining charge completely.

BAT needs rest, not electioneering

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by mycar: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Masses will take care of them
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by Antoeni(m): 5:44am On Jul 26, 2022
They Should be Disqualified immediately,
Just Imagine What APC Presented to Nigeria .
Late Tinubu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by EzeJustme(m): 5:49am On Jul 26, 2022
Normally, they deserve disqualification and impeachment. Obidient all the way we no the give shishi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by MMWandali: 5:56am On Jul 26, 2022
We'll soon hear response from the "dirty fighters group"
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by sweetonugbu: 5:57am On Jul 26, 2022
Good
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by AntiChristian: 6:00am On Jul 26, 2022
angry

INEC don hear you. Is your party's candidate a saint too?

Abegi make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by Woodey: 6:05am On Jul 26, 2022
grin
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by 007Marvel(m): 6:07am On Jul 26, 2022
Just look at who Apc is pushing to become president, just look at this and tell me what you feel and think. In all honesty

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by BeardedTraveler: 6:08am On Jul 26, 2022
Ok

Check my profile for phone deals
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 26, 2022
Peter Obi isn't considered a strong candidate in this dispensation. Das why his name isn't included in the Suit. What a wasted effort going up and down, sweating in the heat of Nigeria's tropical sun and yet be counted as a weak and inconsequential presidential candidate with less than enough electoral value to threaten a Councillor in NNPP! NNPP o. No be SDP or Accord Party, NNPP o! Chei! Obi should just go home to continue to sing lullabies to his young nieces and nephews in high-pitch Alto with that his sonorous voice wey be like the voice of a neglected oracle in Arochukwu.

1 Like

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by LAXconfidential(m): 6:19am On Jul 26, 2022
Omonieme:
See, Nigeria matter Don tire me. ASUU strike has been on for over 5 months with no end in sight, there's galloping inflation, the Naira is on a free fall, and even the federal capital territory which should be the most secured area is unsafe... Even the commander in chief of the armed forces is not safe. And things doesn't look like getting better anytime soon. The country has failed and even Angel Gabriel cannot redeem it. Not with the current orientation we have as Nigerians where 70% of those complaining of corruption are only complaining because they aren't beneficiaries and where everyone just wants to rip the next person off whatever he can. As for NNPP, these ones are just jokers. I thought Kwankwaso was serious until his choice of Vp. I've got some mouthwatering auto deals that'd hopefully catch your fancy. Just click on my profile and see for yourself.... And if none of the deals on my profile catches your fancy, (Which I heavily doubt it's possibility.); you can send me a whatsapp message for even more sweet deals. Just click on the profile
Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by LAXconfidential(m): 6:19am On Jul 26, 2022
MMWandali:
We'll soon hear response from the "dirty fighters group"

Re: Katsina NNPP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku by onomeabuja: 6:25am On Jul 26, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://punchng.com/katsina-nnpp-asks-inec-to-disqualify-tinubu-atiku/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1658796625

So no be buhari de cause insecurity again na Atiku wen Don leave office tey tey na him cause am abi
Nigeria with politics of bitterness is like inviting this Apcshit bishop to pray for u undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Outrage As Adamawa Governor Fintiri Appoints 47 Media Aides / Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! / APC Has Not Zoned VP-Slot To SW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.