Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man (28499 Views)

P&ID: The 3 Ex-Government Officials ‘Who Almost Got Nigeria Into $11b Debt’ / 15 LASTMA Officials Wounded In Clash With Soldiers: LASTMA Vacates Duty Posts / Hypertensive Man Dies As Bribe-Chasing Lastmamen Seize Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2022
Were the LASTMA officials doing their job or not?
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by Reference(m): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2022
AK481:
If you are being chased by assasins and you meet a traffic light .

Are you going to stop ?

This is mere speculation, but if you wish I will extend the obligation.
So, of course you will not stop.

But if you then run into another vehicle in the process injuring or killing the occupants you will still go down for manslaughter, so.
Even in desperate activities of self preservation there are consequences.
The LASTMA officials are not doctors neither are they likely to have the competence to verify those claims of illness at face value.

If no document (to the fact that the man was dying/terminal) they are not obliged to let him go.
They did their bit in taking him to where he was going to verify certain things but their brief which included impounding the vehicle was correct.

A felon taken to hospital anywhere in the world will remain in cuffs even under treatment.
Sickness does not absolve anyone of obeying the law and a few minutes obeying the traffic light would have kept that man alive.
His actions (of his son driving) could as well have cost lives, lives of other innocent road users.

As I said earlier, the bribery allegations are the only hope of the bereaved family getting anything from that agency.
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by adekola4258: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2022
Because the victim na Fulani. The first question that should be asked is if they broke traffic law! Lastma officials didn't shoot him from the report I am reading.Because the victim na Fulani. The first question that should be asked is if they broke traffic law! Lastma officials didn't shoot him from the report I am reading....
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by scholes23(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
GamalNasser:

I see u have a personal problem with Lastma and you want to to turn it on me this morning
Never have I and never will I

OKOBO
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by mywells: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
LASTMA is a cash app or ATM, funny enough they don't live in side the city, they live inside the bush outskirts Lagos this I see, those that work at alausa live at lafenwa after ayobo, some ikorodu where Julius Berger was buried at itokin close to ijebu ode.
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by Wwwq: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
Good
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by lagosrd: 7:02am On Jul 27, 2022
The most irresponsible traffick outfit I have come across in the entire world. Even if he is Fulani, he has the right to be alive .
Awon werey. So if someone is in distress going to the hospital gets to a traffic � point now he should be left to die there because he isn't conveyed in an ambulance �. Block heads .

Anyway, when the party that created problems like lastma are eventually booted out, peace and sanity will return to Lagos. The governor made it clear that they cannot arrest but they are these filling their big belly with Haram.
Re: Police Go After LASTMA Officials Who Reportedly Cause Death Of Hypertensive Man by AK481(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2022
Reference:

This is mere speculation, but if you wish I will extend the obligation.
So, of course you will not stop.

But if you then run into another vehicle in the process injuring or killing the occupants you will still go down for manslaughter, so.
Even in desperate activities of self preservation there are consequences.
The LASTMA officials are not doctors neither are they likely to have the competence to verify those claims of illness at face value.

If no document (to the fact that the man was dying/terminal) they are not obliged to let him go.
They did their bit in taking him to where he was going to verify certain things but their brief which included impounding the vehicle was correct.

A felon taken to hospital anywhere in the world will remain in cuffs even under treatment.
Sickness does not absolve anyone of obeying the law and a few minutes obeying the traffic light would have kept that man alive.
His actions (of his son driving) could as well have cost lives, lives of other innocent road users.

As I said earlier, the bribery allegations are the only hope of the bereaved family getting anything from that agency.

Let me tell you something, he is going in for it.
and he collected bribe again.. that's a big jail for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race / Why Osibanjo Not Participating In Tinubu’s Rallies – APC / Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu's New Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.