Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record (46012 Views)

World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record / Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record / Paul Pogba 'Should Not Be Close' To PFA Team Of The Year- BBC Pundits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by AKWATGOLD1(m): 8:58am On Jul 26, 2022
Which WIND are they talking about on breaking of World Record? Whether the clock deploy in the tournament is been propelled by Wind? I do not gerrit.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:58am On Jul 26, 2022
Well undecidedwho cares. My own na to leave this shitehole.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by dadabashua1(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:
If a British or Jamaican had smashed the record they would praise her for being a legend. But a Nigerian has done it and because they can't wrap their heads around the fact that something legendary can come out of Nigeria, they've brought out their empty pundit English to analyze emptiness. Don't just let Nigerians swear for you guys. This is one thing that has given the nation joy recently in the midst of all we're passing through so let us enjoy our girl in peace plix angry

Modified:
All of you people quoting me to say I'm playing the race card, I think you guys have self esteem issues. Has the world athletics organisation who organised the tournament come out to invalidate her record? So because a couple of British blokes spoke we should take it immediately as the truth because anything the British say becomes authority? Wake up and stop sucking up to the westerners! Stand and have some self worth. I won't reply any of your mentions again
you make sense die my brother.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

In Okagbare's case, they did an out of competition test about a month to the Olympics,and the result came in during the first days of the Olympics, leading to her ban.

She was banned before the Olympic track and field events started.

Well you are being selective

Okagbare was not my main or second point. Was she the only positive test at the Olympics . Why were others not detected earlier?
The argument that if a person is using drugs they would have been detected long before they win a medal or set a record is not true and not supported by all the evidence from positive tests or doping scandals.
Was no one stripped of a medal for doping at the Tokyo Olympics ?Yes or no
That is a naive statement
So you believe that was her first time? What is your point? Is it that when people test positive that is when they started?
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by IbileIfe: 9:00am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:
If a British or Jamaican had smashed the record they would praise her for being a legend. But a Nigerian has done it and because they can't wrap their heads around the fact that something legendary can come out of Nigeria, they've brought out their empty pundit English to analyze emptiness. Don't just let Nigerians swear for you guys. This is one thing that has given the nation joy recently in the midst of all we're passing through so let us enjoy our girl in peace plix angry

Modified:
All of you people quoting me to say I'm playing the race card, I think you guys have self esteem issues. Has the world athletics organisation who organised the tournament come out to invalidate her record? So because a couple of British blokes spoke we should take it immediately as the truth because anything the British say becomes authority? Wake up and stop sucking up to the westerners! Stand and have some self worth. I won't reply any of your mentions again
E choke Dem.

She has be extra vigilant 24/7, because they will soon plot to set her up to spike her drinks with banned substance or use one of their agents to offer drinks containing banned substance.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by KosiGee(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2022
kayperry:

From she wore springy Adidas Avanti TYO spikes, i don know say the whites are up to something

It was so annoying. Michael Johnson and the BBC crew were all stunned. From being skeptical of the timing, they doubted if Amusan would deliver in the finals…I don’t blame them though. Johnson said that Amusan would be under a lot of pressure, he said Amusan needed to repeat her semi finals performance and also win the race. They just couldn’t believe that she could do it…Well Amusan not only won the finals convincingly, she further lowered the time.
She shut them all up. That girl is as clean as can be. Let them leave her alone and not taint her samples. I’m sure they will store her biological samples very securely and test it periodically to find something.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by IbileIfe: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Well undecidedwho cares. My own na to leave this shitehole.
Do you like Singapore?
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Litmus: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2022
They'll soon press India into the matter. They'll send Amasun's samples to an Indian lab where they will of course find something in her samples. You can't then howl racism since Indians are supposedly ethnics too.

Whites are missing a trick, they should set up labs in Ghana and then send Nigerian samples there.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by naija4life247: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2022
Promoter2:
That's normal with the Brits. Once it's not their person, they talk trash. Go and ask Meghan Markle

White pigs are useless.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by WatchYourSix: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Which WIND are they talking about on breaking of World Record? Whether the clock deploy in the tournament is been propelled by Wind? I do not gerrit.

They said wind they push the runners...
But them no dey consider when the wind direction resist the speed of the runners..

All na scam...the girl run 12.06sec...them use ojoro push am back 12.12 sec.....say na wind push am...

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2022
IbileIfe:

Do you like Singapore?
Nope.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2022
Litmus:
They'll soon press India into the matter. They'll send Amasun's samples to an Indian lab where they will of course find something in her samples. You can't then howl racism since Indians are supposedly ethnics too.

Whites are missing a trick, they should set up labs in Ghana and then send Nigerian samples there.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by ppogba: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2022
The explanation I am still waiting.for is, how come it is only that particular race that had faulty timing?

How about the 400*100 men relay final where all the 8 teams broke one record or the other?

How about the team that was supposed to assess the shoe to be worn by the athletes for each race?

As far as it is the British and the Americans that are complaining, I am not surprised.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2022
aribisala0:

Well you are being selective

Okagbare was not my main or second point. Was she the only positive test at the Olympics . Why were others not detected earlier?
The argument that if a person is using drugs they would have been detected long before they win a medal or set a record is not true and not supported by all the evidence from positive tests or doping scandals.
Was no one stripped of a medal for doping at the Tokyo Olympics ?Yes or no
That is a naive statement
So you believe that was her first time? What is your point? Is it that when people test positive that is when they started?

Well, there are many others. The most prominent before the Olympics (last one) was Chris Coleman...who got banned for 2 years for missing a test, and Richardson, female athlete from the US, who got banned for having marijuana in her system. (Nijel Amos got banned from this world championship for a pre-tournament positive test.

And it was not her (Okagbare's ) first time, which is why she got banned for a long time.

As for medals stripped during the Tokyo Olympics...the UK lost their relay medal after a team member lost his appeal at CAS.

Medal stripping during the Olympics has fallen due to better drug testing regimens (see here)
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by naijapikin2(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2022
Ghen ghen! They have started.. their evil conspiracies shall not stand... Rubbish. now they are bringing wind factor. All sorts of semantics just to discredit and make light work of her achievement. Arrant nonsense! God pass them
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by starstaz(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:

They said wind they push the runners...
But them no dey consider when the wind direction resist the speed of the runners..

All na scam...the girl run 12.06sec...them use ojoro push am back 12.12 sec.....say na wind push am...

My own talk be say if wind assisted her in final, playing a devils advocate for them anyway, why can't they put her 12,06 back to 12,11 or 12,10. Why must it be 12,12 again.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Ilola(f): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2022
They no fit take back their voices wey they take sing our national anthem. Painology

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Opolopoopolonio: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2022
Stupid racists! angry
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by NickD(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:
That record still look like fairytale to me I swear. That girl is a legend.

How do you run 100 meters with hurdles (jumping fence grin) in 12 seconds?!

Expect the whites to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy
But the previous record was 12.20 and she did 12.12
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

Well, there are many others. The most prominent before the Olympics (last one) was Chris Coleman...who got banned for 2 years for missing a test, and Richardson, female athlete from the US, who got banned for having marijuana in her system. (Nijel Amos got banned from this world championship for a pre-tournament positive test.

And it was not her (Okagbare's ) first time, which is why she got banned for a long time.

As for medals stripped during the Tokyo Olympics...the UK lost their relay medal after a team member lost his appeal at CAS.

Medal stripping during the Olympics has fallen due to better drug testing regimens (see here)

Well my point is the claim that
twentyfivekobo:

If she was on drugs, they would have known since.

Is neither true nor logical. Many are caught for the first time after winning something.
Yes medal stripping has dropped , logically this could be better testing or athletes are better at beating the tests
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by WatchYourSix: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2022
starstaz:

My own talk be say if wind assisted her in final, playing a devils advocate for them anyway, why can't they put her 12,06 back to 12,11 or 12,10. Why must it be 12,12 again.

Okay ..she don win final??
Same 12.06 again??
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Concepcion9ja(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:

Modified:
All of you people quoting me to say I'm playing the race card, I think you guys have self esteem issues. Has the world athletics organisation who organised the tournament come out to invalidate her record? So because a couple of British blokes spoke we should take it immediately as the truth because anything the British say becomes authority? Wake up and stop sucking up to the westerners! Stand and have some self worth. They won't be celebrating Amusan today if she was always playing second fiddle to her western opponents.
leave them, her electric speed go soon shock them. Awon bandit.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:

How do you run 100 meters with hurdles (jumping fence grin) in 12 seconds?!
Must you talk? If you do not have knowledge on a subject keep quiet and educate yourself. What was the previous record which she broke?
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by chatinent: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2022
Make una sha no go inject am.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by theafricanchild: 9:20am On Jul 26, 2022
If it were to be that she is related to Usein Bolt or Mariam Jone the record will not be questionable but because it's a name that they can't pronounce and for the fact that she is from Nigeria the record is debatable. What sort of hatred and racism is this. Am beginning to feel that this white folks have low self esteem ooh cos I don't understand.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 26, 2022
Litmus:

They have been testing her all through the year.

All athletes get tested throughout the year, during competition, and out of competition. Testers have the right to come to your home and test you even.

If she is tested at this competition, the sample would be sent to a US based lab...infact somewhere near Eugene, Ore. Not out of the USA.

If she tested positive before, they won't have let her compete at all. If she missed a test....that's a ban (that's why the last Olympic 100m men winner is an Italian, not an American, because the favourite missed a test.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Liebermantic: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2022
We love you and she has made us proud..Tobi Amusan remains the greatest athlete alive from the black race
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by ArchiLimited: 9:24am On Jul 26, 2022
zuma4k:
Oh my God! Buhari should never have congratulated Tobi. I saw it coming.

Oh my grin grin

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Axis313(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2022
NairaFeast:
Please whats the meaning of the name "Amusan" in English?
"Amusan" is a Yoruba name given in the olden days to those that follow Egugun (masquerades) and hold "pashan" (cane) during festivals.
The name is a family name of those that carry those canes.

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Lama70(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Una dey think at all. No be black man dey carry the record before.

Oga Abel we dey think, sir.

The others wey don win am nor be Nigerians. Dem just hate to hear say Nigeria dey do well.

You be like the haters too.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by philipobiz: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2022
ogbiwa:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/womens-hurdles-world-record-championships-27566613
See. Michael Johnson big head. When he was breaking records in 200 and 400 meters like water nobody talk. Now he is running his mouth like water. He is jealous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UEFA Announces 2017-2018 Champions League Awards Shortlist [Full List] / AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name / Argentina Vs Nigeria, Lessons Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.