Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (28513 Views)

Siemens Extends Completion Of Nigeria’s Power Project To 2030 / Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by frog12: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
how is the plan to raise the capacity so far? tell us!
is it stalled or progressing?

casualobserver:

I repeat, I am not supporting Atiku, but bad as Atiku is he is better than Obi. That’s all I said!!! Obi is a impending disaster waiting to happen if by some miracle he becomes president.

I merely mentioned Atiku Just to tell you how clueless Obi is! A man who in yesterday’s interview doesn’t even know how much power Nigeria currently generates despite traveling to Egypt to “learn”!!!!!

Yesterday he said Nigeria generates, 4000mw. Nigeria actually has installed generation capacity of over 12000mw, the problem is transmission. He promised to raise the generation transmission and distribution capacity to 15000mw in 3 years. The fool does not know that there is already plans in place to raise it to above 20,0000mw in that 3 years!!!!! It shows the man does not know what he is talking about.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by casualobserver: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
frog12:
how is the plan to raise the capacity so far? tell us!
is it stalled or progressing?

Do you build a house in a day? Even the Obi that is promising 15,000mw did he say it will happen immediately? The problem with Obi supporters is that your support for him is emotional and you guys are just as brain dead if not more!!!!
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by TYCO77: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend to Fix Nigeria's Power Problem

During his Arise Interview, Nigeria's former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the PDP was asked a simple question on how he intend to fix Nigeria's power problems.

He was practical in his response which centered around decentralizing generation and transmission which he intends to achieve by:

1. Fixing turbines on the Dams that are idling away in the Northern states of Nigeria and embracing solar energy.

2.Using the massive deposits of coal in Enugu to power the deficits in the South East since we are still a developing country.

3. Using the existing gas reserves in the South South to power existing gas powered stations across Nigeria

Peter Obi his former running mate and ex governor of Anambra now presidential candidate of Labour Party was asked thesame simple question on what his plans for fixing our power problems are, he wasted 4 mins saying virtually nothing:

He referred us to go and read what the leader of Singapore and the ruler of Dubai said about what people are doing right.

His knowledge of our current problems and potentials that can be quickly transformed to fix the problem was very poor.

His response to the problem of lingering ASUU strike was equally poor. Instead of answering the question the man went off point talking about out of school children providing statistics that were already out dated.

Dont take my word for it here are the videos, watch it and make your own judgement.

Source 1: https://twitter.com/emmaikumeh/status/1551214135253270531?t=-BmHvUgADhUGkm_mh2Wk_Q&s=19

Source 2: https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1551641001885945861?t=pgUE1Bx3_Ab9A7MO9KxExA&s=19

Source 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsv3vtrfh8

May God Help Us to Help Ourselves in 2023

"Peter Obi's trip has been scheduled previously, even before primaries. His mission principally is to see the plants installed by Siemens, which doubled the generating capacity of Egypt in 4yrs. To hold talks directly wt d coy on what will be feasible for nigeria&@what cost?"

Nations are clamoring for cleaner source of energy, Atiku is proposing to harness energy from coal for the South East to further degraded the climate and environment. Folks these people with archaic idea and mind set will only drag us back to the stone age. Let's arise and take back our nation. Mr. Peter Obi/Senator Datti Ahmed ticket will lift us to a lofty height as a nation with commanding respect amongst community of nations.

Get your PVC and secure your vote come 2023. The labours of our heros past shall not be in vain, vote wisely vote Labour Party. Peter Obi make things happen! Labour Party is the vanguard.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by frog12: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
i don't even support obi. i just look at the facts. Atiku was part of the problem. he was in government and his responsibility was to fix power, but he failed. so why should we trust him? He is not in the equation. He is wasting his time unless ignorant northerners vote for him.

even though I don't support obi, I like his story. read his story on how he became governor. he is intelligent or surrounds himself with intelligent people. how do you expect someone that the court gave victory to, to serve only 1 year as governor? there's no sense there. obi defeated inec and the pdp party at that time. one man did it.

casualobserver:

Do you build a house in a day? Even the Obi that is promising 15,000mw did he say it will happen immediately? The problem with Obi supporters is that your support for him is emotional and you guys are just as brain dead if not more!!!!
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by casualobserver: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
frog12:
i don't even support obi. i just look at the facts. Atiku was part of the problem. he was in government and his responsibility was to fix power, but he failed. so why should we trust him? He is not in the equation. He is wasting his time unless ignorant northerners vote for him.

even though I don't support obi, I like his story. read his story on how he became governor. he is intelligent or surrounds himself with intelligent people. how do you expect someone to the court gave victory to, to serve only 1 year as governor? there's no sense there. obi defeated inec and the pdp party at that time. one man did it.

. Do you understand English? I said I am no supporter of Atiku! Do you understand what that means? All I said is bad as Atiku is he is better than Obi. Do you understand English?

Intelligent people my arse!!!! If he had any intelligence he would have stayed in PDP and become president in 4 years! The fact that he didn’t shows he lacks intelligence because as things stand neither he or PDP will win!!!
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by PandoraObi: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ayk8:

For me, I think OBI will be better as a minister of Finance rather than a President who will be laden with lots of issues to decide on. I would have loved to have him work with Tinubu.
You are you right because igbos have put a stumbling block before him already, the agitation they have started will never end

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by frog12: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
you are not a supporter of Atiku but you like to bash Obi grin grin

and I am telling you Obi is more dependable than thief Atiku.

casualobserver:
. Do you understand English? I said I am no supporter of Atiku! Do you understand what that means? All I said is bad as Atiku is he is better than Obi. Do you understand English?
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by casualobserver: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
frog12:
you are not a supporter of Atiku but you like to bash Obi grin grin

and I am telling you Obi is more dependable than thief Atiku.

Whenever I want to understand where someone is coming from, I go through their post history. Like I said the problem with both Obi and his supporters is that brain cells and intelligence is in short supply. All you had to do is browse my post history and you will know where I stand on 2023 elections. Sadly like I said initiative and intelligence is lacking in the Obi camp. Their whole campaign is based on propaganda, falsehood, insults, intimidation, bullying and making noise.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by frog12: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
ok. the only problem is we don't have good candidates. the good ones have been pushed out by money bags. someone like kingsley moghalu who spent so many of his time meeting people, talking of national matters, was pushed out by one nonentity dumebi kachikwu.

who knows dumebi kachikwu. what are his opinions on national matters
that's the problem with nigeria politics. those with money seat on the head of those that are intelligent.
someone like dr. obadiah mailafia who would have been a good fit for peter obi is no longer with us

casualobserver:

Whenever I want to understand where someone is coming from, I go through their post history. Like I said the problem with both Obi and his supporters is that brain cells and intelligence is in short supply. All you had to do is browse my post history and you will know where I stand on 2023 elections. Sadly like I said initiative and intelligence is straight of the Obi camp. Their whole campaign is based on propaganda, falsehood, insults,intimidation and making noise.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Ashimiuamuda: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku is too Wise
I swear[i][/i]
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by PandoraObi: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2022
kizyalex10:
I want to ask you a question and please be very sincere about your answer,if these four candidates should apply to run your company in your absence,who among them will you choose to pilot the affairs.I’m sure ur answer in sincerity btw you and ur God is Peter obi but because Nigeria is not your private company you built with your hard earned money,you choose to run it anyhow because you benefit from the inequity,you are either part of the people who have looted Nigeria dry or part of the people who re benefitting from the bad administrations we have had,if you are supporting tinubu based on tribe and religion then I’m sorry you are the biggest fool ever known but if u re supporting evil because of what you are benefitting don’t worry ,hope you are seeing how insecurity have entered Abuja,no state is safe for now soon the evil seeds you and ur likes have planted will catch up with you and your families,even securities won’t save you some will even point d bullet to your skull,if you decide to flee the country,hope u take all ur family members too because they will also suffer from your wickedness,even d money you are stealing has turned to tissue paper,I was buying goods so I changed 20k dollars and it entered the back of my pocket and I shouted chai so I have over 11 million naira At my back pocket like dis,this is how bad our economy have been so soon all u steal will still turn to tissue paper before ur very eyes
The problem of Nigeria is not about a candidate, is about Nigerians, if you are talking about exchange rate understand that when you take away dollars from a particular society , the local currency exchange will go worthless, For example exchange rate in Liberia is 157 to a dollar because the inflow of dollars into that country is amazing infact dollars is their preferred currency, the same dollar Peter Obi took from the circulation to tax haven to invest for his 9 year old girl
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by PandoraObi: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2022
frog12:
another fool. obi was practical. he went to egypt to study their solution. atiku was never practical. atiku only talks.

You even acknowledge your parents in your comment
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by kizyalex10(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2022
PandoraObi:
The problem of Nigeria is not about a candidate, is about Nigerians, if you are talking about exchange rate understand that when you take away dollars from a particular society , the local currency exchange will go worthless, For example exchange rate in Liberia is 157 to a dollar because the inflow of dollars into that country is amazing infact dollars is their preferred currency, the same dollar Peter Obi took from the circulation to tax haven to invest for his 9 year old girl
let’s vote the right candidate first with no questionable character,background ,age,certificate,source of wealth atleast for the first time let the mass decide without godfatherism and structure,let’s vote someone for the masses and with merit let’s shun tribal and religious sentiments so that we will have the guts to hold them accountable if they fail to deliver,if you are sincere to yourself,Peter obi based on records and cv and ability,health otherwise he is the best fit for this position,let us all not allow tribe and religion becloud our sense of reasoning,this hardship and insecurity knows no tribe,even if tinubu happens to be a saint which me and u know he is the worst candidate in that aspect,what about his health,someone who can barely stand or hold something,urinate on himself and can barely make a simple straight statement,he forgets things even in a middle of a speech,common out of 200 million people,500 professors,0ver 500k doctors and millions of masters degree holders,this is the man apc brought out to pilot d affairs of the aforementioned people?but get conscience abeg
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by edosignature(m): 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku was practical in his answers, while Obi was clueless as usual.

Vote Atiku Abubakar for president come 2023.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by frog12: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku contributed to the power failure. When a politician say they regret, you run away from them. they are liars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsv3vtrfh8

edosignature:
Atiku was practical in his answers, while Obi was clueless as usual.

Vote Atiku Abubakar for president come 2023.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by kingthreat(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
ChristineC:
you praised Atiku on this thread because it was against your nemesis.
dismissed

Okay
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by GeneralDae: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kennedyli:
The difference is what can be done in practical and theory.

Atiku is telling you the same thing that we all read on paper about how electricity can be produced with coal and dams in those days.

Obi has gone to see people who were able to generate 25000kw of electricity in 4 years. He met all parties involved including the financiers.

So it's about bringing those people down here to replicate what they did in Egypt.

Atiku on the other hand doesn't even know wheter the dams can be actually worked on or if our coal infrastructure are still existent.

But why would Nigeria be using coal when we have enough gas and are supplying gas to other countries to generate electricity?
I am not a fan of Atiku, but if you go back to that interview, Atiku was simply speaking about diversification of electricity generation. Enugu has coal that can supply the South East coupled with gas in Anambra. The North can use Solar for the major part and also has dead turbines that can be worked on etc.

As to your point on Obi visiting Egypt, I don't see the need. Obi should have first unravelled why Siemens seem to be slow in Nigeria. What are the laws in Nigeria holding them back? Siemens is in Nigeria already, they can lecture Obi better on the difference between Egyptian situation and the Nigerian situation.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by plaindealer: 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
casualobserver:

Whenever I want to understand where someone is coming from, I go through their post history. Like I said the problem with both Obi and his supporters is that brain cells and intelligence is in short supply. All you had to do is browse my post history and you will know where I stand on 2023 elections. Sadly like I said initiative and intelligence is lacking in the Obi camp. Their whole campaign is based on propaganda, falsehood, insults, intimidation, bullying and making noise.

Obi supporters are unintelligent trolls, they'll keep you going in circles with endless dumb and unintelligent rants.

Just like Obi, nothing sane and rational to offer.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by plaindealer: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
Do you you know why they call Pandora Chinaman?

Because when you ask him to talk about anything, he comes up with rubbish like in China, in China, in China.

At the end of the day, nothing sensible comes out of his mouth, questions remains unanswered.

Now he was asked about electricity, he followed the same pattern with endless talk about about Egypt

In Egypt, in Egypt, in Singapore, in Dubai.
.and the questions remains unanswered.

The man is simply unintelligent, he's ignorant and shallow, I don't even think he reads
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Kennedyli: 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
GeneralDae:

I am not a fan of Atiku, but if you go back to that interview, Atiku was simply speaking about diversification of electricity generation. Enugu has coal that can supply the South East coupled with gas in Anambra. The North can use Solar for the major part and also has dead turbines that can be worked on etc.

As to your point on Obi visiting Egypt, I don't see the need. Obi should have first unravelled why seem to be slow in Nigeria. What are the laws in Nigeria holding them back? Siemens is in Nigeria already, they can lecture Obi better on the difference between Egyptian situation and the Nigerian situation.
Okay. Let's say he asks Siemens how they can build the plant.
- Will he also ask them how to finance it?
- Will he also ask them how to run the plants?

And Siemens is not on ground anywhere. The German chancellor clarified that the project is moot due to demands. Show me what Siemens has built in Nigeria since 2019 the project was supposedly signed. It took Egypt 3 years to build 25kw. 3 years later. We've not even added 1kw. Yet you guys keep decieving yourselves about simiens been in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by frog12: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
project moot due to what demands? money? of course we knew the siemens project was going nowhere

Kennedyli:

And Siemens is not on ground anywhere. The German chancellor clarified that the project is moot due to demands. Show me what Siemens has built in Nigeria since 2019 the project was supposedly signed. It took Egypt 3 years to build 25kw. 3 years later. We've not even added 1kw. Yet you guys keep decieving yourselves about simiens been in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Smooyis(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
From the looks of things, no northerner or northern politician can fix this country. They are grossly full of sentiments, and such is unproductive. Only a southerner can make Nigeria work again. You may not agree but that is the truth.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by ValarDoharis: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2022
That was improvised in the face of corruption.
If you keep doing the same thing, you get same result.
KikBuhari2Daura:
Obi is a good man but unfortunately he lacks the experience. Governance at National level goes beyond telling stories.

I find his story about buying fuel for his convoy as a Governor very repulsive, as a leader you must delegate you must have people you can trust to help you deliver, no man is an island.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by GeneralDae: 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Kennedyli:

To finance it, Egypt took a lot of foreign debt worth billions of dollars. I know this and I didn't need to travel to Egypt to know this.

To run the plants is simply to run the plants. Are the Egyptians the only ones who know how to run new power plants and when did that become rocket science?

Siemens is on ground. They had issues with local content laws of Nigeria which took about 2 years to resolve. The first batch of equipments worth 100 million dollars have been paid for already and would arrive in September.

Note: German chancellor did not say to Chimamanda that the project was stalled. She simply spoke about local content laws and made it clear that she would still have to verify what has slowed down the project.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by GeneralDae: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2022
frog12:
project moot due to what demands? money? of course we knew the siemens project was going nowhere

Siemens project is still on course. New equipments already paid for, to arrive September.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by tunjijones(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
richiemcgold:
I think we are now beginning to identify the serious contenders and mere pretenders. Tinubu is next to tell us how he plans to fix the electricity so we can compare and contrast. When I wrote it here few days ago that it is high time all presidential candidates start rolling out their plans and programs (manifestos) for Nigerians to know what they have for us, some nairalanders kicked against it saying it is not yet time.

As for me, I won't make up my mind yet on who should have my vote until I identify the candidate with the most realistic and clearcut plan to fix 3 things - - electricity, economy and restructuring.

For forgetting the main issue... Security.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Ijscarface: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
I prefer a candidate that am sure will do something
That is peter obi
Atiku suddenly has all the solutions but he was VP was 8 yrs and he and OBJ voted 16 billion for power
After that what happened
When Buhari was campaigning he said he will fix 1 refinery every year so that in 4 yrs the refineries will be working
After 7+ years we are still launching new Nnpc
So if you want to hear talk but no action vote Atiku
I will vote Peter obi because i know he will will actually do something
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by 7arrows: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
Egobetafor9ja:
I will like to hear what Agbado has to say about power generation

He will say u should eat agbada and ewa.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by richiemcgold: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2022
tunjijones:

For forgetting the main issue... Security.

Thanks for the brilliant observation. FOI, I deliberately leave out security because if we can get those 3 areas I mentioned right, insecurity will surely reduce drastically. I'm very sure of this and I mean it, but space and time won't permit me to elaborate it further.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by PaedophileProph: 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Something was responsible for Tinubu's 2003 Lagos Bluelight railway (23km) costing $2Billion Still being constructed by China Rail Engineering Corporation (CREC) and China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC),19 years after Uncompleted.

But same Company Like Siemens started In 2005 and completed Electrified Cargo ETHIOPIA-DJIBOUTI railways (750km) costing $1.8Billion , completed and delivered .

Don't you think , whatever it is need understudying?

Tinubu is an unrepentant and greedy Old Thief

plaindealer:

What detail about what Siemens did in Egypt that we don't know? Did the Egyptians hid it under their bed.

Google and educate yourself, it's not a secret.

Pandora's did not learn anything new in Egypt.

Something was responsible for

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by MacWin155(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2022
Spirit04:
what's the solution?

Are you baiting me?? grin

Anyways, watch Peter Obi interviews and you'll get a grasp of what the solution is.

Its not homegrown at the moment. We need outside knowledge.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by GodisFirst: 1:13am On Jul 27, 2022
Let the debate continue. Let the candidates tell also tell us how to eliminate corruption in those power projects.
Those known to be smelling Corruption! Corruption!, can they execute the projects without helping themselves or family and friends?
I wiould like to know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / More Pictures Of Atiku Abubakar's Rally In Kwara / Pictures Of Nigeria Police Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.