Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa (31136 Views)

Nigerians Suffering From Hunger Are Not On Social Media – Pastor Giwa / 2023: Obi's Popularity Among Youths Worries Atiku, Tinubu’s Camps / APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket Has Shot Peter Obi's Popularity In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:19am On Jul 27, 2022
The Senior Pastor of Awaiting The Second Coming Of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa, has cautioned clerics in the country against using social media trends and frenzies to make their decision on who to support ahead of the 2023 presidential election.

Pointedly, Giwa, urged some of the religious leaders backing the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi to critically assess the situations instead of using his popularity on social media to make up their minds.

The Pastor, who stated this on Wednesday, emphasised that voting for Obi will be tantamount to waste of votes, stressing that the LP candidate can only pull a surprise at the polls only if the PDP governors decided to work for him.

“Let me advise the few religious leaders presumed to be campaigning for Mr Peter Obi due to his popularity on social media to put their heads together and critically study the political situation in Nigeria before going to a wrong candidate.

“Therefore, they should not be fooled by the popularity of Mr Peter Obi on social media. He can only become the next president if the PDP governors that are controlling their respective States work for him. If not, a vote for him will be a total waste.

“I’m made to understand that the Labour Party candidate was a running mate to Atiku in 2019 presidential election. What could have pushed him out of his previous political party by not waiting and becoming a running mate again?

“He himself knows that he cannot win the 2023 election. As a matter of fact, Obi will be worse than Buhari if elected.”

Meanwhile, the popular cleric expressed dismay that none of the three frontline candidates had made their intentions known on the need for the 1999 constitution to be changed.

According to him, the election is not the solution to the problems facing the country, but a national conference must be convened in order for the constitution to be changed.

“Atiku is going to the presidency to enrich his political friends, while Tinubu is planning to have Nigerians under him, and his wife, children and his Fulani kinsmen will be oppressing Nigerians. That is his aim and that is why he is going for that position.

“Out of these three people, who is talking about changing the 1999 constitution that put us in this mess? Nobody out of the three candidates. Nobody is talking about changing the 1999 constitution that has put us where we are today.

“If I may suggest the way out, elections are not our problems. We need a national conference to change this constitution, to make politics less attractive to politicians. If we make politics less attractive to politicians, those who have genuine love for the masses will come out and people will vote for them and their votes will definitely count.

“Without changing this constitution, there cannot be progress. The Fulani will continue to rule over us, even when we have Igbo or Yoruba man as president.”

Source: DAILY POST

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by chatinent: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2022
I repeat, who gave me this peace?

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Zee0007: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2022
We have captured the media. Wait for it as we catch the field.

One step at a time. This is not a tribal or religious movement, but a cosmetic change for a better Nigeria.

My PVC will do the talking next. Wait for it man.

461 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Penguin2: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2022
Giwa?

Even the name sounds Islamic.

And look at his forehead very well and you will see mark of head slamming.

These are some of the idiots that will never outgrow ethnic and primordial sentiments even if you deep them seven times in River Jordan.

He’s definitely part of the “Igbo man will never rule Nigeria” crew that would rather see Nigeria burn to ashes than to see it saved by an Igbo man.

Onye ala!

277 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by MITCHELL96: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2022
He should shut up and mind his business, we're not supporting him because he's popular, we want him because he's the only person (Currently) that can HEAL and CHANGE this nation!

We sane Nigerians are all rooting for Peter Obi to become the next president of this dying country.

He should go and attack Atiku verbally, Atiku that said he'll privatise the health and education sector, and some people don't even know what it means, some illiterates only know how to buy data on their smart phones.

Privatising those sectors means it will now be owned by individuals or a group of people, and this will make the price for the service to skyrocket, since it's private, they can inflate the price anyhow they want to satisfy themselves.

These are people that want to rule this country, people that don't even have the common people in their heart, they just want have power and misuse it.

Atiku hasn't been in Nigeria for years, he only came back because it's election time, is this someone that has you in his heart ?

A good leader suffers with you while he/she provides solutions for the problem(s)

Even after all these revelations, some people still want to vote these people and want them to rule, when I say most internet users don't take anything good home, people will argue with me.

Till today, I haven't seen or heard where Peter Obi said anything that doesn't make sense prior to the upcoming election, what you're seeing are just enemies misquoting him.

Nigerians, Wake up! It's time to decide for ourselves.

I'm a grassroot footballer, I know how I felt the day I was denied Visa to Netherlands just because I was Nigerian, my money, effort and sweat just wasted.

208 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Akurakambe(m): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2022
Peter Obi is a movement. There's something in Peter Obi that makes everyone to be talking about him. He's the man to beat come 2023.

And I ask again, who's afraid of Peter Obi?
God bless Peter Obi
God bless OBIdient people

208 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Totilopussylick(m): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2022
Changing of 1999 Nigeria constitution begins with peter obi tongue.

Casava agbado commander in chief will never be an option for Nigerians tongue.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2022
Backyard pastor don talk grin cheesy everytime small yash go wan the follow big yash shake undecided grin peter obi nobi ur mate oh! Everyone peter obi even pastor with two members wan dey trend with obi shocked

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Pandev(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2022
cheesy
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by nkem1992: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2022
T
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2022
Okay
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by dam2000(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2022
True talk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Ekejoestar(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
It's like this pastor is living under the rocks.

David in the Bible didn't have any structure but God made him a king, yet here's someone who claims to read bible talking like a kindergarten.

People are tired of the status quo and are yearning for change.

I've observed a major pattern among all Peter Obi's critics and that shows that they were paid by unknown persons.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by SleekyP(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
#Truetalk

Vote Tinubu 2023 cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Obi movement has gained massive acceptance.

He's the man of the people. Nigeria will be great again

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by KadunaReporter: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
cool

It's certain, Peter Obi will get 45% vote here in Kaduna, I don't know for the state where the pastor come from.

Remaining 55% would be shared between Tinubu, Atiku & other smaller parties like NNPP, SDP

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by BrodaAgbaya: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Hungry man hoping to get some crumbs to munch like the beggar he is from the plate of the vegetative druggie hoping to be C-in-C.

Ewwwwww, he`d most likely get crumbs covered in spittle.

See his nose like Pinocchio`s own, lying son of the gutter.

Onidoti, obun, agbaya, ole, alapamasise, werey.

Fake man of God, like the sneakers i got for 14k with two designers on its body. Still pained i got subbed the day i wore it out. Had to trash it like the above fake pastor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Johnkay01: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022

I pity the cyberbully this man we face after this

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by lomprico(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
“Without changing this constitution, there cannot be progress. The Fulani will continue to rule over us, even when we have Igbo or Yoruba man as president.”

True, but we have to first have a president that will push for that agender. One step at a time. Obi all the way.

But why the outright backlash on only PO. Why trying to discourage people from voting him in the guise of 'wasting votes'.

Pastor Adewale has collected agbado money from bobo Chicago, you can't tell me less

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by posty56: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
hmm,.I understand where the man is coming from ,but Peter obi , isn't just about popularity,but a movement ,this is the only way we the youths can make our voices heard ,so that politicians will start taking us seriously

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Melodistic(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
people wey normal for social media dey few.. well it will shock you sir

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
They keep giving peter obi free publicity everyday

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by nkem1992: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Penguin2:
Giwa?

Even the name sounds Islamic.

And look at his forehead very well and you will see mark of head slamming.

These are some of the idiots that will never outgrow ethnic and primordial sentiments even if you deep them seven times in River Jordan.

He’s definitely part of the “Igbo man will never rule Nigeria” crew that would rather see Nigeria burn to ashes than to see it saved by an Igbo man.

Onye ala!
Comrade reduce the vawulence

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by GOTVee: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2022
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think we Christians should be ashamed of ourselves for heating up the polity unnecessarily. We Christians and Muslims should understand that Nigeria do not revolve around our both faiths. We have traditionalist and nonbelievers who have been politically marginalized all this years without been given any sort of consideration. There is nothing bad in having a Muslim/Muslim ticket if we truly care about the development of our country. We have had a Christian VP In Osinbajo for almost 8 years, how has it helped we Christians?

Let's stop condemning our Muslim brothers and sisters for political gains. We Christians and Muslims are one. I urge everyone one of us to support the Muslim/Muslim ticket for the prosperity of our nation. We Christians should learn from the tolerance of our Muslim brothers so we can have a peaceful nation sad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by 5iine: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Originality007: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Na ur headache b that Mr pastor,

wetin me I no b say My Vote for Obi alone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by moufan: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2022
he's definitely right, Peter Obi will not win a single local government in nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2022
One true realist has finally spoken.

Their is no way in Heaven and on Earth that Peter can become the president.

Somethings are outrightly just impossible. It’s beyond the spiritual realm. Stare at reality and don’t let your emotions make you a fool!

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Scores Injured As APC, PDP Thugs Clash In Lagos / NAF Wings 4 New Pilots, Certifies 2 Combat Rated Pilots (Photos) / Buhari's Nationwide Broadcast, A Farewell Speech - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.