Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough (18811 Views)

Muhammad Dingyadi: ₦4 Billion Approved For Fueling Police Vehicles In 2021 / How To Tackle Insecurity In Nigeria - Obasanjo / Tijani Umar: ₦1.3 Billion Approved For Villa Clinic Is Too Small (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Promzy99: 6:49am On Jul 28, 2022
Senate President of the Ahmad Lawan has said the N900 billion approved for the fight against insecurity in the country is not enough.

Lawan, while addressing lawmakers shortly before the upper chamber adjourned for its annual recess, lamented the incessant killing and maiming of Nigerians by terrorists.

He said, “I am particularly concerned like all of us here, through our various interactions, including a very important closed session we had today.

“We (Federal Government) have to be alert and alive to our responsibility, particularly to secure and protect the lives of our citizen.

“The security situation has been a very difficult and challenging one, but, recently, there has been an increase of attacks, killings and maiming of our citizens.

“As part of this administration, we will always provide the kind of support at our military and other security agencies require.

“We have done that before through appropriation and approval of supplementary budget of 2022, where over N900 billion was given as additional funding to our security agencies. We know that it may not be enough, but that is significant, and we expect our security agencies to do far better than they are doing at the moment.”

The Senate President also informed lawmakers that they might be called upon during recess to attend to national emergencies should the need arise.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://dailytrust.com/additional-n900bn-released-for-fight-against-insecurity-not-enough-lawan&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj4ienn85r5AhULgHMKHTvpBtMQFnoECAgQAg&usg=AOvVaw1n9OV3-NRWC9i__3iMZ9-F

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Typicool8(m): 6:52am On Jul 28, 2022
Look at this idiot talking

294 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by duduade: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2022
In the state of this nation you going on annual recess of 7 weeks, these people are heartless I must confess. For them it's life continues as usual... While we the masses continue to wallow in the poverty and inflation

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by awoniyi1236(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2022
Oloribu, people just Dey steal anyhow (better daylight robbery) 900 Billion with nothing to show for it

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by SmellyNyash: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2022
Thieves

Criminals

Barawo

He and his useless cohorts wants to finish the remaining money kpatakpata.

Any person voting APC in the next year election will never see good in his or her life

Pain, sorrow, rejection and gnashing of teeth will be their potion

166 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Racoon(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2022
And the deteriorating widespread insecurity continues unabated for the past 7 years? You all got the blood of citizens that have died from these terrorists you pampered in govt in your hands.

They will forever hunt all of you. Bloody criminals in government. Thunder fire you.Foolish rubberstamp stooge.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by inoki247: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2022
Kuku use all the citizen du blood money maybe that will reach undecided undecided undecided

All this loan Sef if u send am to the Citizen account we go secure ourselves....

No take any loan to secure us again send the money to our account we go secure ourselves bunch of Clueless leader.....

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Brendaniel: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2022
The looting going on under this government ehn! I think their plan is to steal more than what PDP stole in 16 years using only 8 years...

And the bad part is that the citizens don't see any benefits of governance from them

16 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by visijo(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2022
Guys dey drink bitters.
Girls dey use sweeteners.
All for the same matter. cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by tuoyoojo(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2022
You know the truth

Many of these people do not what insecurity to end because they feed fat from it

Our major problem in this country is that, for what ever is not working, somebody somewhere is benefitting

Look at the billions of naira spent to purchade tucano jets....that time, the way they were hyping the jets, I thought they would put a missile in the bum of every bandit and terrorist

But alas, see our security

Do u feel safe in ur home, when u go travel, do u feel safe in this country. Being alive in this country till now is a miracle

We need to hold this regime accountable

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Mindlog: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2022
APC is really cashing out.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by iconicceo: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
Criminals in power�

7 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by KUNZEH(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
Ode, cash out things

4 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by gasparpisciotta: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
So 900 billion dey and dem no wan settle ASUU...continue!

We all know that 90% of whatever money is released goes into private pockets

25 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by mustbewell: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
May God save us from the hands of evil politicians

5 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by JAMO84: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
We

193 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Abizz: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
Terrorism is enriching the pockets of these dimwits on a steady.

10 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by jrusky(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
Buhari go finish this country completely before May 2023.

So where are $billions borrowed to fight insecurity went to?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by crossfm: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2022
See this baby elephant. Glutton's, nothing can satisfy their insatiable test for looting.

Even if they give them the budget of USA,they will still say it's not enough.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by OGwales(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
We all know na... Even 900 trillion dollars won't be enough. Awon oloribuku.

7 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
Lawan is a very corrupt individual, very selfish.

8 Likes

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by BlessedDay21: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
These men just dey carry bad mind run this country!

900bn? Not enough?

God!

If Nigerian leaders don't think and act right, that thing they are shying away from will come back and hunt them!

Meanwhile, I hope we all have a happy day today!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by ogub(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
May God help us in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Ayodekfarms(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
Make I no talk sha

I'm boiling like this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by pius4luv(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
All the money they have been borrowing since what are they using it for i didn't understand this useless Senate president for God sake

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by johnbd: 7:06am On Jul 28, 2022
900 bilion have just been stolen. Policians are the problem of this country. I pray the problem caught up with them.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by JAMO84: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2022
We need to get our priority right in this country

6 trillion naira on Fuel subsidy while Security and education suffer, that's absolute stupidity in my opinion

199 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough by Born2Breed(f): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2022
These people are just lining their pockets with money in the name of the security they are not providing.

APC has finished Nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Najatu: I Would Have Put My Life On The Line For Osinbajo / Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles / Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.