Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants (18916 Views)

Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison / Ahmed Idris: Suspended Accountant-General Became Political Appointee In 2021 / Binta Garba And Idris Ahmed Fight Over APC Senatorial Ticket (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by HonNL: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2022
The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted the suspended Accountant General of the Federation, Idris Ahmed and his co-defendants bail upon terms and condition given by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Delivering ruling, Justice Adeyemi Ajayi ordered that the defendants shall not leave the Federal Capital Territory, and should they want to, they would have to seek clearance from the court or have their bail revoked.

The court also stated that the defendants shall sign an undertaking that they will abide by the bail conditions by the EFCC.

Justice Ajayi also ordered that the defendants should not have and shall not procure alternate passports until the case is done with, having deposited their original passports to the commission.

The trial Judge gave the ruling on grounds that the allegations against the defendants are yet to be proven.

The court also stated that In line with the rule of law, the defendants are entitled to bail in-spite of allegations against them, since the prosecution did not mention that the defendants misbehaved while in EFCC custody.

Trial has commenced immediately after the ruling on bail application.

SOURCE

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Trustedapparel(m): 10:48am On Jul 28, 2022
Tinubu mandate I stand gidibgam����������

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Penguin2: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2022
You mean the suspended Accountant General purchased a bail?

Put it properly.

Nigeria has gone to the dogs

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Nbote(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2022
All of U have gone mad.. The courts, govt and their useless supporters. U ALL ARE MAD!!! THAT USELESS RESIDENT MAI SUYA THAT SELLS VULTURE MEAT IS EVEN RAVING MAD

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by fiizznation: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2022
What's really wrong with a Blackman? How will only you siphoned 90billion naira? What the heck are you going to do with such amount of public money? What kind of sickness is this?

And this is the same silly APC government that said they are fighting corruption. One thing that will definitely cause Tinubu the upcoming election is the high level of incompetence by this dumb APC government.

What will they tell Nigerians when they start their campaign? Smh!!! The usual lies I guess

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by VeryWickedMan: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
I told Buhari to destroy Nigeria patapata so that no matter what his successor does, it will never be better than his.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Omonieme: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
See, Nigeria's justice system ain't it. The criminals have the Ill gotten wealth to hire the best lawyers to defend them. Even judges are easily compromised. The EFCC gan sef, they'll be prosecuting cases that aren't watertight allowing criminals to leave on flimsy technicalities. All these things kill our hope that we can always count on the judiciary. The people sef will cheer on corrupt officials so far they're benefiting from that corruption. Omoooor, Nigeria problem plenty walahi.
Well, me nor any of my family, have access to government coffers. Na motor I dey sell and I have some nice deals. Click on my profile for very sweet deals. And if you no see the kain deal wey u want for my profile, send me a WhatsApp message. I've got tastier deals for you

8 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Lifeisgoody: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
HAAAAA Nigeria
Just like that?

This is one of the reasons people are going into fraud. No severe punishment for defaulters

7 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by RandyOku: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
Bail on what ground?

God abeg oooo

What's ALL this?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by ogub(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
May God help us in this country

1 Like

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by duerap: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
That's the end of that case.

17 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Legend44(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
Nawa for this country

2 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by frog12: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
how can someone steal money the size of a state budget and you still grant am bail. what sort of a judge is this ?

22 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Jagabanofafrica: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
Tinubu is the man
Yoruba lokan
Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Conner44: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
What! angry

How much did he steal and how much was his Bail? Is that how apc and buhari wants to die this case?

Kai! And some people are clamoring for tinubu to replace buhari. God please save Nigeria for me and my future kin amen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Evergreen4(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
Corruption fought back and won. A person who ought to be incarcerated for life has been granted bail. Do they really know how many persons he caused pain through that money he embezzled.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by TooMuchStuff: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
We knew this was coming......

All thieves are equal but SOME are more equal than others....

Fulanis do this one....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Gbadespet(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
I know this will surely happen....
Petty thieves are been burnt on the street while people stealing our future are been endorsed...
No one Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Melodistic(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
it's only in Nigeria this is done... only the rich benefits nowadays in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by SlavaUkraini: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
Trustedapparel:
Tinubu mandate I stand gidibgam����������

Tinubu's Mandate = Tinubu's Manhood

Look at the Manhood of the BAT where you claim to Stand

You go Fall because you are not standing on a Solid Mandate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by flejnr2(f): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Na dem dem, someone who is part of the problem we are facing today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Frayoworld(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Chai opari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Johnrake69: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Granting of bail to someone that stole #109 Billion is simply a ridicule on the Nigerian masses going through hell under the current economic conditions.

This man is worst than Boko haram because he has sabotaged the economic well-being of over 200M people. Until we elevate such discussion we're not going anywhere as a country.

Economic sabotage should come with Death penalty.

I will keep saying this that the Nigerian state is a symbol of oppression and it's evident in the way justice are dispensed. The court, legislative, security agencies are all complicit. The only to correct this if until the masses rise up and destroy these symbol of oppression.

Few days ago I visited some one in a church to get something and I saw young people praying seriously for breakthrough and I really felt sorry for them because I standing there already knows the cause and solution to their problems.

You're poor because you live in a society where government officials will steal #109 Billion with no repercussions and so to correct these organize yourselves and match to their respective homes to demand your prosperity and stop disturbing God. These people have names and addresses.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by iiifedimma(f): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
K
Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
80 billion naira. Some people will soon be richer than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Authoreety: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Was that necessary
Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by DropsMic(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Normal
Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by frog12: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
Maina steal big, they grant am bail, he escape. these Nigerian judges dey learn lessons at all??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by Moh247: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
80 billion, you can buy anything

2 Likes

Re: Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants by SIMONEKPA7: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
smiley
Shame to Mr. integrity. All the people surrounding him are are corrupt.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Yola (Photos) / "I Will Always Be A Friend Of Ndigbo" - President Buhari Says / Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.