Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? (1001 Views)

This Jesus Miracle Is Rarely Talked About In Church / This Jesus is coming back soon is only popular in third world countries / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2022
From the book of Thomas. The lost gospel.

Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

I’ll break it down

1. This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.

2. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive.

3. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do?

4. On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

Can someone help? Thank you!
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

1. This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away.
2. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive.
3. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do?
4. On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

Can someone help? Thank you!
When it comes to human understanding, context is King and since much of that is missing from what is the gospel of Thomas, a book which only seems to contain lots of what are fragments, it is hard to claim clear understanding of anything that is contained in it. undecided
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When it comes to human understanding, context is King and since much of that is missing from what is the gospel of Thomas, a book which only seems to contain lots of what are fragments, it is hard to claim clear understanding of anything that is contained in it. undecided

I understand what you mean. The teachings are actually random sayings by Jesus. In the beginning of the chapter Jesus said “whoever finds the interpretations of these sayings will not experience death. I have tried to some extent to decode the meanings but I need more intelligent input.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:
I understand what you mean. The teachings are actually random sayings by Jesus. In the beginning of the chapter Jesus said “whoever finds the interpretations of these sayings will not experience death. I have tried to some extent to decode the meanings but I need more intelligent input.
Decode what exactly? undecided

The Words of Jesus Christ or the random fragments that suggest an idea which has already been contextually dealt with else where in other Gospels? undecided
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Decode what exactly? undecided

The Words of Jesus Christ or the random fragments that suggest an idea which has already been contextually dealt with else where in other Gospels? undecided

I don’t know if they have been dealt with in other gospels. Can you help me out with the books and chapters they were dealt with?
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:
I don’t know if they have been dealt with in other gospels. Can you help me out with the books and chapters they were dealt with?
The best way to read and understand each of the gospels is to read through each as you would a book or novel abeg. undecided

Jesus Christ's teachings on one not experiencing death aka have eternal life is written of throughout the Gospel. I would probably recommend you begin with the Gospel of John which is a book of only about 21 chapters. undecided
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The best way to read and understand each of the gospels is to read through each as you would a book or novel abeg. undecided

Jesus Christ's teachings on one not experiencing death aka have eternal life is written of throughout the Gospel. I would probably recommend you begin with the Gospel of John which is a book of only about 21 chapters. undecided

Alright. Thank you. But you should help also. cheesy

I need to have a clear understanding thats why I brought it here.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:
Alright. Thank you. But you should help also. cheesy

I need to have a clear understanding thats why I brought it here.
From Genesis, Death is defined as perishing in one's grave- from dust you were made and to dust you will return when you die meaning you cease to exist. Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. However, Jesus Christ offers those who believe in Him eternal life which instead has one sleeping in the grave when one's tenure on this earth is over. undecided

The Gospel of John delves more into a lot of what one must do in order to ensure one obtains this redemption from Death that is offered by Jesus Christ, hence my suggestion. undecided
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2022
Which part is it in the Bible. I m about to reach out to Bible scholars
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
Sweetplum:
Which part is it in the Bible. I m about to reach out to Bible scholars

I have no idea where in the Bible. I got it from online and it said “The lost gospel of Thomas”

It’s in PDF format. There’s a lot sayings/parables in it by Jesus but it is said they were removed or not included in the Bible.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Steep: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

I have no idea where in the Bible. I got it from online and it said “The lost gospel of Thomas”

It’s in PDF format. There’s a lot sayings/parables in it by Jesus but it is said they were removed or not included in the Bible.
The lost gospel of Thomas is not the bible.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
From Genesis, Death is defined as perishing in one's grave- from dust you were made and to dust you will return when you die meaning you cease to exist. Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22. However, Jesus Christ offers those who believe in Him eternal life which instead has one sleeping in the grave when one's tenure on this earth is over. undecided

The Gospel of John delves more into a lot of what one must do in order to ensure one obtains this redemption from Death that is offered by Jesus Christ, hence my suggestion. undecided

Thank you!! Eshey gon gon!

1 Like

Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2022
Steep:
The lost gospel of Thomas is not part of the bible.

Yes I know that. I didn’t say they were from the Bible. I just needed help to understand their meanings.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Steep: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Yes I know that. I didn’t say they were from the Bible. I just needed help to understand their meanings.
That book has nothing to do with Jesus.
I will advise only seek spiritual knowledge from the bible.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
Gospel of thomas, one of the book that didn’t make it to Christian bible because of Canon.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
Steep:
It does, it was written even much older than mark.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Steep: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
Maynnmann:

It does, it was written even much older than mark.
much older than mark does not make it genuine. Such books were written to counterfeit Christianity.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Steep: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
Maynnmann:
Gospel of thomas, one of the book that didn’t make it to Christian bible because of Canon.
Do you even know the meaning of canonization? It is a process of separating fake from genuine.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
Steep:
Do you even know the meaning of canonization? It is a process of separating fake from genuine.

Separating what? Lol Chrestian
The books you have in your bible pass through canon. They are CANONICAL BOOKS!

Send me a link where you got your definition, olodo
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Steep:
much older than mark does not make it genuine. Such books were written to counterfeit Christianity.
Those are the genuine books not the one you have that’s set up by the nicene creed.

You think mark, paul and john wrote those books in the Christian bible lol??
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2022
Steep:
I will advise only seek spiritual knowledge from the Bible .

As a Christian?

I have to admit, over the years I have been seeking knowledge everywhere. Even Quran and traditional too. They all have elements of God’s knowledge in them.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

As a Christian?

I have to admit, over the years I have been seeking knowledge everywhere. Even Quran and traditional too. They all have elements of God’s knowledge in them.

God is a title not a person.
Yahweh is not same with allah.
Same way yahweh is not same with eledumare.
Yahweh is just the Israelite god.

Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by GoodIsGod: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
Which one is the book of Thomas again. which lost book. The only book tenable for discussion between christians are the books of the bible. If you read any other book tagged lost book you are on your own.

Many of you even call Seventh book of Moses a holy book. A pure occultic book from the pit of hell.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
Maynnmann:

Those are the genuine books not the one you have that’s set up by the nicene creed.

You think mark, paul and john wrote those books in the Christian bible lol??

Exactly why I find the book fascinating. The fact it isn’t included in the Bible doesn’t make it fake. Aside that, no one can completely tell the originality of the author’s in the Bible. The books were edited and compiled by someone, not Jesus himself.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2022
Maynnmann:

God is a title not a person.
Yahweh is not same with allah.
Same way yahweh is not same with eledumare.
Yahweh is just the Israelite god.

Yes I know this. What I mean by Gods knowledge is the Words of divinity and spirituality.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Exactly why I find the book fascinating. The fact it isn’t included in the Bible doesn’t make it fake. Aside that, no one can completely tell the originality of the author’s in the Bible. The books were edited and compiled by someone, not Jesus himself.

The Gnostic texts of the Nazarenes were ignored.

Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by GoodIsGod: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

As a Christian?

Don't receive yourself. You are not yet a Christian. A Christian doesn't go about seeking knowledge else where. Demons are deceiving you.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

Yes I know this. What I mean by Gods knowledge is the Words of divinity and spirituality.

What does “god” have to do with divinity and spirituality?
You know the origin of the word “god/God” lol
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Don't receive yourself. You are not yet a Christian. A Christian doesn't go about seeking knowledge else where. Demons are deceiving you.

I don’t think so. A Christian also should have the will to accept and reject certain teachings. You can’t tell me all Christian churches in Nigeria have the same and complete understanding of the Bible.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Carcholce: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2022
Maynnmann:

What does “god” have to do with divinity and spirituality?
You know the origin of the word “god/God” lol

You are getting me wrong. Divine knowledge/Spiritual understanding of the Bible etc. I call it God’s knowledge. It is not of the physical.

Maybe I need to polish my use of English. grin
Sometimes people hardly get what I mean.
Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Maynnmann: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

You are getting me wrong. Divine knowledge/Spiritual understanding of the Bible etc. I call it God’s knowledge. It is not of the physical.

Maybe I need to polish my use of English. grin
Sometimes people hardly get what I mean.

Ooh the god in the bible is yawheh. A cannanite god.

Maybe you need to polish your understanding first of the israelite god.

Bible simply means BOOK, Polish your understanding on that too, Chrestian cheesy

Re: Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Carcholce:

I m coming back to share more insight.

The meaning of the first one is explained below:

All of reality as you believe it to be is illusion and will pass. Even the illuison of birth and death will be realized as such. You pass through periods of incarnation. Then you return to the spirit world of light.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Reasons Why You Must Avoid Premarital Sex / Deliverance For All / Consequences Of Religious Belief: Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.