Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Takeaways From The Audio Clip Of The Soldier That Repelled The Bandits At Bwari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Takeaways From The Audio Clip Of The Soldier That Repelled The Bandits At Bwari (466 Views)

Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years / Amaechi: Reno Omokri Releases Audio Clip Part 1 About Amaechi & Buhari / Saraki Says Kayode Ogundamisi's Body Should Be Cremated Over Leaked Audio Clip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Takeaways From The Audio Clip Of The Soldier That Repelled The Bandits At Bwari by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
I listened to the audio tape of the soldier who recounted how they faced the bandits terrorizing Bwari Law School and I have the following points to make. In making this points, I want to first point out that my little knowledge of military and security matters is based on documentaries seen previously and interviews watched.

1. Kudos to the boys. They are indeed gallant and brave. To leave their comfort zone in search of the notorious daredevils require a lot of will and strength of conviction that they serve a better and higher purpose than the criminals. I pray God continues to bless and protect them and keep their families safe. I also pray for the families of those who lost their lives in this great service, that God comforts them.

2. Shame on our government and the top echelons of our security services. I was strongly disgusted to realize from the accounts of the young officer that our soldiers went out on a trail of criminals in the night without basic night vision equipment. From his narrative, it was obvious they walked into an ambush. The ambush was well laid by these terrorists that they led them into such terrain that they could not go with their vehicles and had to walk on foot.

3. I had to search for price of infra-red and night vision gears, body cams and metal detectors. On Konga, infra-red night vision gear goes for N60k, body cams for 30k and metal detectors for 35k. In other words, we lost four bright young men at a total cost of less than N200k!! Yet we were told $1bn was withdrawn for security, never mind the billions they keep budgeting every year for our military. I begin to wonder what the monies are meant for. Our leaders are sucking the blood of our youths for their own convenience. It is too obvious!!

4. How come with all the heightened insecurity in the country, bandits are able to move RPGs and IEDs undetected to the Federal capital? Does it not make anyone wonder what exactly all these checkpoints and roadblocks are for exactly? And also, why don't we have CCTVs and drone technologies as well as satellites manning and combing our forests around Abuja with all the tension pervasive in the city? Is it that our government simply does not care, or they are inept?

5. It is sobering to note that the bandits tactically outfought our soldiers. They knew the best place to be and how to disarm them to the barest. This calls to question the tactical support being offered our officers facing the dangers of these times. One would expect them to have been advised of the rocky terrain before they got there. It shows our soldiers are actually being treated like hunters if they have to dismount from their armoured vehicles and walk blindly into an ambush in the dead of the night. Meanwhile I don't know why an helicopter could not have provided aerial lighting in that area while the operation lasted. And what is it with the Nigerian military and AKs. For God's sake there are better guns out there!! The terrorists have AKs as well!!

6. Lastly, our NASS needs to look into the methods and equipment being offered our soldiers and how they can get something better for them. From all indications, those four lost lives was massively avoidable. I know a lot of people will tell you asymmetric warfare is not easy and start giving examples of US in Vietnam and Afghanistan etc but excuse me, this is on our own soil and in our nation's capital!! Our defense mechanisms and systems ought to have been better than this with all we've faced in the past ten years. I look forward to better organization of our military and better days ahead in the fight against these malaise.

3 Likes

Re: Takeaways From The Audio Clip Of The Soldier That Repelled The Bandits At Bwari by omowolewa: 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
OK
Re: Takeaways From The Audio Clip Of The Soldier That Repelled The Bandits At Bwari by checkmatez: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
Heart touching
Re: Takeaways From The Audio Clip Of The Soldier That Repelled The Bandits At Bwari by Gracious3105(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
Bros you suppose to be working with NIA but na gate your office go dey because them no go want hear intelligence like this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: Asari Dokubo And His Entourage Heavily Armed With Military Graded Weapons / How INEC Plans To Rig The Election Using PVC / Peter Obi Attends EFAC Convention At Awka (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.