Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220479 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Lol, Showyoung, why are you putting a caveat? What happened? grin grin grin

My brother, you know better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by akins33: 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inikay: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
Inikay:
Good afternoon everyone,
I applied on the 31st of May and got my biometric letter same day but my husband is yet to get his.
Please what should I do?
Thank you

Hello gurus in the house please help me with this
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by raddyworld: 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
ShowYoung:

It is right. All you need to do is provide explanations with evidence. Someone could have invested so as to further in his/her education. The important thing is for the funds to be readily accessible and unencumbered

Be readily accessable as what
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
raddyworld:

Be readily accessable as what

"Accessible" means to be in cash form without a lien. You can collect it as cash or use it to make payment immediately without any hindrance.

Examples are ledger balance vs available balance, uncleared cheque vs cash in account, bank balance with "PND" on the account, promissory note vs bank balance etc.

"Unencumbered" means to be free of liability or debt.

Examples:
Savings account balance with overdraft on another; bank balance with debts on credit card; someone whose BVN has been flagged etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Purpleivy(f): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
ShowYoung:

"Accessible" means to be in cash form without a lien. You can collect it as cash or use it to make payment immediately without any hindrance.

"Unencumbered" means to be free of liability or debt.

Please can you advise if I can use student copy transcript for application when the school requested official transcript since my institution doesn’t give students the official transcript but can only be sent directly to the institution and takes weeks to be processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Warrior007: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Purpleivy:

Hello please did you submit official transcript to Centennial or student copy? Their requirement says official transcript but Unilag does not give student official transcript. How did you go about this and what documents did you submit?

I submitted my transcript. But your school can send your transcript to the school. I submitted my bsc certificate, transcript, cv and proficiency letter that’s all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Warrior007: 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
ShowYoung:

Considering the worst case scenario, book for an Airbnb for just one or two weeks. When you get to the school, mingle with people, you will find someone to help you or people who share common interests as you.

Thanks a bunch for the advice 🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Warrior007: 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Warrior007:

I submitted my transcript. But your school can send your transcript to the school. I submitted my bsc certificate, transcript, cv and proficiency letter that’s all.

I submitted student copy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
Purpleivy:

Please can you advise if I can use student copy transcript for application when the school requested official transcript since my institution doesn’t give students the official transcript but can only be sent directly to the institution and takes weeks to be processed.

Only the school can provide an answer to this as each school has specific requirements.

I know that some schools will ask you to submit unofficial transcripts for admission processing purpose: later, if they wish to offer or when they must have offered you an admission, they will ask you to submit the official one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mfonox: 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
Good day house, for someone who is 41, single, no kids, no landed property and was once rejected for visiting visa due to lack of home ties.

Is just my job, Aged parents and siblings sufficient to use as home ties? Or how else can I tackle the lack of home ties that was stated in my GCMS note for my visitor visa refusal.

Is it necessary to get like a transfer of land or gift from my parents if that will help?

I have gotten admission to SAIT for Jan 2024. Just waiting to apply for my visa

Please help….
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemisade: 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Thanks for taking your scarce time to dissect my case.
1. I was referring to documentations like transcripts and CV to reflect employment. I have been a freelance hustler
2. I got an advert from an agent about "work and study in Canada" and presented that option which I believe is easy for me
3. Realistically, I don't think so
4. I don't have any other purpose than to study and necessary work to sustain grin

Nevertheless, since the diploma route seems feasible, I think I will consider it. Based on the answers I have supplied above, please chip in any further opinion. Cheers!
Thanks.

ShowYoung:

There are so many things to consider such as;

1. What documentation bottleneck are you talking about.
2. Why do you want to go for a degree and not at least a top-up degree (1 year degree) which is scarce in Canada or PGD/PGC/PBD?
3. Can you show POF for two or more years?
4. Can you defend your purpose of travel considering your choice of program and education level?

I believe the bottleneck you are running for is what you want to go meet.

Your HND coupled with your job experience are assets to eliminate risks of refusal in many ways

However, if you can present your case well, you can be fine. People who have master's degree have got visas with diploma programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2023
Good evening, I did my application since March 24th, and they requested for medical on April 13,I uploaded it,they requested for renewed passport on April 14,I uploaded it on the 17th.
May 8,medical was passed but till now the renewed passport is still not there and no news about PPR, only that the renewed passport was requested for again on May 30th,with new LOA,Which I still have September on. Have been sending webforms and mails since the 30th,no response or anything, have sent up to 70 mails self. Someone advised I request for Cbms note, pls howdo I go about it?cause my mail is hanging already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
I mean Gcms notes..IRCC wan scatter my head
Fulani14:
Good evening, I did my application since March 24th, and they requested for medical on April 13,I uploaded it,they requested for renewed passport on April 14,I uploaded it on the 17th.
May 8,medical was passed but till now the renewed passport is still not there and no news about PPR, only that the renewed passport was requested for again on May 30th,with new LOA,Which I still have September on. Have been sending webforms and mails since the 30th,no response or anything, have sent up to 70 mails self. Someone advised I request for Cbms note, pls howdo I go about it?cause my mail is hanging already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yemisade:
Thanks for taking your scarce time to dissect my case.
1. I was referring to documentations like transcripts and CV to reflect employment. I have been a freelance hustler
2. I got an advert from an agent about "work and study in Canada" and presented that option which I believe is easy for me
3. Realistically, I don't think so
4. I don't have any other purpose than to study and necessary work to sustain grin

Nevertheless, since the diploma route seems feasible, I think I will consider it. Based on the answers I have supplied above, please chip in any further opinion. Cheers!
Thanks.

Judging from your response, I can see the excitement in you.

I don't know you but permit me to use the following words-- dust your ears and let your legs be ready to touch your back head in preparation of running. You are about to make a mistake.

You will ask me how:

1. Your responses labelled 2, 3 and 4 are indicators of failure.

2. What is "work and study," normally, if you are a student, you can work part time for 20 hours a week. Why should that be an advert? Well! No offence in being tactical about advertising.

3. Your response that says "...realistically..." should make you ask the question of "how do I fund my study." I am smelling a foul odour that you will be promised not to worry about that. Bro/Sis. Be wary when you hear something like "...don't worry...," etc. If you allow anyone use fake bank statement for you and you get caught, you will be the one to bear the brunt. You will be banned from entry not just Canada only, but also the US, the UK, Australia etc.

You should be careful about this.

4. Your response numbered 4 really shows you did not understand my question or do not understand in detail what career/academic progression is.

In conclusion, judging by your responses, I can see that you have high probability of failure except you are the one that cannot explain the discussion you had with the agent well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
ATTAHDYE:
If you want to DIY, you must be someone who is organized and pays attention to details.

Last month alone, I came across 2 applications that were denied based on poor documentation. In one of the applications, almost all the documents submitted where over compressed and distorted making them impossible to read.

Naturally you don't expect the VO to approve what he can't see. And when I was talking to the applicant he was practically weeping on the other end of the phone.

Some of you scan documents upside-down, sideways and anyway. Some, write xxxxxxx and still expect a miracle to happen. It will not!

For an application where decisions will be made based on the paper work you present. If you don't have the patience to do a thorough work, respect yourself and look for a agent.

Lolz you don't have the patience to do something that concerns your life and future but you think it's another person that will have that patience.
There is nothing so complicated about the whole visa thing truthfully. The biggest reason many people get rejected is Inadequate Finance: plain and simple. Forget the other things they paint around .
You don't have or you have limited access to the required funds so you keep packing documents upon documents hoping to confuse IRCC. Pay your complete tution and have living expenses for a year in your account and you will breeze through the process. I have seen people here in Canada (Nigerians) who didn't even write SOP (It's actually an optional document but people here treat it like research paper) but got PPR for undergraduate (about 3 years course) because the money is there. If you are using a sponsor the person needs to show commitment by paying your fees and transferring living expenses to your account except it's a parent because if not what is the proof that the sponsorship account is not just for show.
Think about it you are telling IRCC, you are coming to school and you have this funds set aside for it and can pay without it been an unreasonable expense for you. The question then is why haven't you then paid if that money is truly available?
No agent can increase your finances for you (except fraudulently). The money you are paying them is even shortening your POF and neither is the process an exam that VO is marking.
As long as you can read, write and use the internet you can do your application by yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by huzzman: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Can my father transfer a gift deed into domiciliary account that has no transaction history for POF?

Your inputs would be much appreciated, thanks.

I need your help guys,please!
@zubizareta
@ShowYoung
@bullstriker and Co gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by waledora(f): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
The letter will arrive.

My hubby’s own came after a week.

Inikay:
Good afternoon everyone,
I applied on the 31st of May and got my biometric letter same day but my husband is yet to get his.
Please what comes I do?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by raddyworld: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Lolz you don't have the patience to do something that concerns your life and future but you think it's another person that will have that patience.
There is nothing so complicated about the whole visa thing truthfully. The biggest reason many people get rejected is Inadequate Finance: plain and simple. Forget the other things they paint around .
You don't have or you have limited access to the required funds so you keep packing documents upon documents hoping to confuse IRCC. Pay your complete tution and have living expenses for a year in your account and you will breeze through the process. I have seen people here in Canada (Nigerians) who didn't even write SOP (It's actually an optional document but people here treat it like research paper) but got PPR for undergraduate (about 3 years course) because the money is there. If you are using a sponsor the person needs to show commitment by paying your fees and transferring living expenses to your account except it's a parent because if not what is the proof that the sponsorship account is not just for show.
Think about it you are telling IRCC, you are coming to school and you have this funds set aside for it and can pay without it been an unreasonable expense for you. The question then is why haven't you then paid if that money is truly available?
No agent can increase your finances for you (except fraudulently). The money you are paying them is even shortening your POF and neither is the process an exam that VO is marking.
As long as you can read, write and use the internet you can do your application by yourself.

Is it a must to pay?

You can have the fund in your account now. And visa will still be given. Aside that agent at times is experience while most newbies to this may not be able to do much to perfect their document

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
raddyworld:

Is it a must to pay?

You can have the fund in your account now. And visa will still be given. Aside that agent at times is experience while most newbies to this may not be able to do much to perfect their document
That is the point I'm making: there is no experience needed neither is there any document to "perfect". It's either you have the requirements or you do not have

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nowornever9: 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
if you have only one stop over at a schengen country then no. 2 or more schengen stopover means transit visa.

LumiTee:
Please does anyone traveling to Canada via airfrance require transit visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nowornever9: 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
travelling to toronto for centennial college at the end of this month, also interested in accommodation.

Warrior007:
Hello everyone. I got admitted to centennial college, Toronto and my visa has been approved. I’m Planning to travel in two weeks time but I don’t know anyone there. I need someone who can help me with accommodation or someone looking for a roommate pending the time I get my own space 🙏. And if there is any group you can recommend for centennial college I’ll appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
Anyone,pls assist??
Fulani14:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aghoghomena: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please, I did an upfront medicals today, do I need to upload the slip they gave to me through Web Form immediately? Or I need to wait till medicals pass before I do so?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Henny52: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
PPR for my brother guys!!!

I completed my MSc April 2023 here in Canada, and received my PGWP through flagpoling along with my husband.

My brother made up his mind to come to Canada for study and requested my husband's assistance for sponsorship.

I assisted with his application and below his timeline:

Sponsor: brother in law
Application submitted: May 13th 2023
Medical Request: May 24th 2023
Medical done: May 29th 2023
Medical passed: June 2nd 2023
Correspondence letter and Ppr dropped today June 5th.

God is just too good

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by raddyworld: 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
Dear fam,

I got an admission with centennial college. June 1 but to my surprise they are asking for deposit lastest June 15th 2023.
I tot of form A initially but the slow process now of 5months would affect me.
Is there any route of paying tuition fee with same or little increase in dollar rate aside form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thebabiebird: 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please how do I get tracking ID from VFS after passport submission though DHL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mackie1:

International Passport
Two copies of consent form with only page 2 filled
Yellow biometrics slip
Request letter
Your name, address, mail, number on a sheet of paper inside & also on the envelope.

2. You'll pay transmission fee if you intend to send to a different vfs from the one you used during biometrics.
Pay UPS two way courier service

Thanks bro but...

1. Please how do I get the consent form?
2. How do I get the yellow biometric slip?
3. Will the envelop be big size envelope or the normal small ones

Thanks very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Purpleivy(f): 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ok, thank you for your response
Warrior007:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Purpleivy(f): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
I appreciate your response, thank you 🙏
ShowYoung:

Only the school can provide an answer to this as each school has specific requirements.

I know that some schools will ask you to submit unofficial transcripts for admission processing purpose: later, if they wish to offer or when they must have offered you an admission, they will ask you to submit the official one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inikay: 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
waledora:
The letter will arrive.

My hubby’s own came after a week.

Thank you so much for your response.
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.