Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220287 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 12:05am On Jun 06, 2023
Bamz555:

That stuff that is pasted on the photocopy of ur data page is what u need to collect ur passport. Nothing special be calm. Just go with everything the way it is

Thanks alot. But since I am ending through UPS for the 2 way submission/ receive, i will include it with the package right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 12:43am On Jun 06, 2023
Please, if you scheduled an appointment with IOM, did they send you any appointment letter via email? I am having issues booking and it’s telling me I have scheduled an appointment already despite it showed unsuccessful.

Please, I need am urgent answer. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 1:21am On Jun 06, 2023
Send an email...that was what I did for myself and dependents. We used Abuja, here is the email: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

With format to send mail.

We used
Letusconnect:
Please, if you scheduled an appointment with IOM, did they send you any appointment letter via email? I am having issues booking and it’s telling me I have scheduled an appointment already despite it showed unsuccessful.

Please, I need am urgent answer. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 2:56am On Jun 06, 2023
Is anyone coming to Canada and coming to school in Conestoga College and looking for accommodation can hit me up?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 3:25am On Jun 06, 2023
Please which campus.
Uzorsammy:
Is anyone coming to Canada and coming to school in Conestoga College and looking for accommodation can hit me up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 3:35am On Jun 06, 2023
Chechem:

Thanks alot. But since I am ending through UPS for the 2 way submission/ receive, i will include it with the package right?
Yes include it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 3:42am On Jun 06, 2023
Hi everyone.
Been a while. I recently submitted SOWP application for my wife & VV for our kid. But it's 5 days now and they're yet to get the biometric appointment letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 4:56am On Jun 06, 2023
CindyByFine:
Send an email...that was what I did for myself and dependents. We used Abuja, here is the email: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

With format to send mail.

We used

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:04am On Jun 06, 2023
dakpemien:

Bro please I sent you an email. I need some urgent advice on my PoF

Hi bro, I don't give advice on POF.

I suggest you seek the advice here in the open.

If you want to talk about another thing, I am available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 6:28am On Jun 06, 2023
Good morning, pls your thoughts on this?,how do I go about the Gcms notes
Fulani14:
Good evening, I did my application since March 24th, and they requested for medical on April 13,I uploaded it,they requested for renewed passport on April 14,I uploaded it on the 17th.
May 8,medical was passed but till now the renewed passport is still not there and no news about PPR, only that the renewed passport was requested for again on May 30th,with new LOA,Which I still have September on. Have been sending webforms and mails since the 30th,no response or anything, have sent up to 70 mails self. Someone advised I request for Cbms note, pls howdo I go about it?cause my mail is hanging already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by keleto(m): 7:06am On Jun 06, 2023
Good day nairalanders,

Pls i need help on how to submit passport to VFS LAGOS for passport stamping.
The documents i need to submit and how to go about it thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 7:15am On Jun 06, 2023
U need to first of all, book appointment for passport submission. The appointment will be based on how many passports u r submitting, u will book separate appointment for them
The requirements are:
1) 2 photocopy of ur passport data page,on top of it u will write ur name and email address
2) the biometrics slip u were given on d day of ur biometrics ( the photocopy data page dat a slip was attached with d consent letter u signed dat day)
3) passport request letter
4) ur passport
5) vfs consent letter if u will b needing a courier
keleto:
Good day nairalanders,

Pls i need help on how to submit passport to VFS LAGOS for passport stamping.
The documents i need to submit and how to go about it thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by keleto(m): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2023
angie88:
U need to first of all, book appointment for passport submission. The appointment will be based on how many passports u r submitting, u will book separate appointment for them
The requirements are:
1) 2 photocopy of ur passport data page,on top of it u will write ur name and email address
2) the biometrics slip u were given on d day of ur biometrics ( the photocopy data page dat a slip was attached with d consent letter u signed dat day)
3) passport request letter
4) ur passport
5) vfs consent letter if u will b needing a courier

Thanks bro, will i send through DHL and making it two way courier service
or can i work in and submit by hand and how much am i suppose to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by posisubomi2: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2023
Good day everyone,

Please can someone help me with this I-20 question. Can I still change the balance used when filling I-20 form from the statement of account that I sent to school to issue I-20? For instance let's assume that statement of account I sent to school for I-20 request was 5K and after the school has sent the I-20 form to me to fill, knowing fully well that this is going to be sent to embassy, now can I still increase the money to 20k?

Please advise

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2023
posisubomi2:
Good day everyone,

Please can someone help me with this I-20 question. Can I still change the balance used when filling I-20 form from the statement of account that I sent to school to issue I-20? For instance let's assume that statement of account I sent to school for I-20 request was 5K and after the school has sent the I-20 form to me to fill, knowing fully well that this is going to be sent to embassy, now can I still increase the money to 20k?

Please advise

Thank you

This is not United States of America Forum. Kindly search for their forum to post it there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Reggyiyke: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2023
Cheebu:
Hi everyone.
Been a while. I recently submitted SOWP application for my wife & VV for our kid. But it's 5 days now and they're yet to get the biometric appointment letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.

Am still having same issue pls
this is worrisome, has anybody experienced this?
i submitted on the 1st 0f June.
Just application submission acknowledgement email was sent and nothing more afterwards till now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by waledora(f): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2023
i just Sent you an email

Uzorsammy:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtraordinaryGen: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2023
I stumbled into NBCC facebook group... And I'm seeing people whose classes are to start in September saying they're entering Canada this June.

I've also seen someone for Centennial College on this NL Forum whose classes is starting September, saying he is travelling in 2weeks time.

I no longer understand.

Please oooo... Can I enter Canada two to three months ahead and start working?
Cos no be only una Naija don taya... Me sef too, Naija don taya me😩😩😩
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2023
XtraordinaryGen:
I stumbled into NBCC facebook group... And I'm seeing people whose classes are to start in September saying they're entering Canada this June.

I've also seen someone for Centennial College on this NL Forum whose classes is starting September, saying he is travelling in 2weeks time.

I no longer understand.

You can enter 2 months before as you said but just know you aren't allowed to work. You can only work when you are enrolled as a student and your program has begun.
Also be ready to explain to immigration at the airport and present pof you intend to use for living expenses while you wait for September to come around though some students don't get to be questioned at POE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dreezy007: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2023
Larry1960:

Abeg that Conestoga college I think they refund 200 cad from the 1500 if visa is denied ?

I don’t really know about that but the 1500 should be subject to refund if visa isn’t granted because it’s part of school fees too…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2023
If u r sending through dhl,u can only pay for one way and pay #18,710 into vfs acc for return. Vfs has stopped two way courier
If u want to do walk in and submit and collect when it's ready, u will not need to pay any money, only book an appointment with vfs
keleto:

Thanks bro, will i send through DHL and making it two way courier service
or can i work in and submit by hand and how much am i suppose to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yolemum: 9:42am On Jun 06, 2023
Please nairalanders, I dont know who can help, I need my transcript from ABU Zaria, dont know who can be of help? It's Urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sanmile21: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2023
Pls how true is these

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloNaz: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2023
Hello. Please how can I reach out to you?
Blackmandreams:
I arrived in Vancouver on August 11, and it’s been a wonderful journey since since. Started classes 6 September, almost done with first semester as my exam is this week. Courses that I have passed already because I have good grades in assignments and tests. I will say everything in this country is soft compared to home (I still miss home shaa). I wish everyone good luck in their process. If you are coming to Vancouver you can text me let’s link up. Finally COLD DE HERE O.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 10:41am On Jun 06, 2023
Sanmile21:
Pls how true is these
There is a scheduled maintenance for some hours today 6th. Try again later in the evening
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 11:05am On Jun 06, 2023
Uzorsammy:
Me me me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtraordinaryGen: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2023
Sanmile21:
Pls how true is these

I've been accessing my portal since morning with ease... Still accessed it 10minutes ago with ease...

cic.gc.ca

Unless there's another site you're using that isn't this one I stated above. But if it's this one I stated above using GCKey... Then I can tell you, IT IS NOT DOWN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2023
Is work an essential part of your study? YES OR NO? I saw this question among the questionnaire as I started my application.
If I pick Nò, does it mean I wont be able to work in Canada while I study?
I need clarification
Please urgent reply needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2023
Dessymond394:
Is work an essential part of your study? YES OR NO? I saw this question among the questionnaire as I started my application.
If I pick Nò, does it mean I wont be able to work in Canada while I study?
I need clarification
Please urgent reply needed
If your study includes co-op, pick YES
Else, it's NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
Thank you
tenderjunkie:

If your study includes co-op, pick YES
Else, it's NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
XtraordinaryGen:

I no longer understand.

Coming that early doesn't make any financial sense. I know you're excited and all but just save your money. Canada is freaking expensive. And since you're not allowed to work until you start your classes, there's no way you can make money here. But at the end of the day, the choice is yours.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.