Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220802 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Henny52: 4:45am On Jun 15, 2023
You comfused them with the sponsorship,
your sponsor wasn't clearly defined and this agent should have known this. All in the name of giving them documents you complicated yourself.
Your husband is your sponsor and not your sister so why submit the mentioned documents? The only thing you needed to show was that you have family in Canada and these families have a legit stay in the country simple..
You shouldn't have mentioned you were going to stay with her and the rest. I think the agent you used doesn't know anything sorry to say. I won't advise a judicial review, you made some mistakes.
Apply again and this time be clear and precised, do not confuse the visa officer. You will get it within 2 weeks if you do it right.

AdesheO:
Hi everyone I am new to this post but came across while researching.

I received a visa denial from IRCC yesterday morning. Application was submitted May 28th and biometrics was given 8th of June and rejection received 13th of June.

The reasons cited were
i) significant family ties in canada (my sister and her husband and kids are permanent residents in canada for 2 years. However the rest of my family is here in Nigeria. I submitted her bank statements and reference letter from work as I will be staying with her. She owns her own home and has a very good income. I will also be going without my husband and 14 months old son which I believe are ties to Nigeria. Including my brothers and parents (my mum has a Canadian TRV)

ii) your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel. (This i couldn’t understand as my bank statement submitted has a closing balance of a little 29 million Naira with school fees for the first session fully paid. My course is a one year course in digital health as I am an healthcare worker. I also submitted by husbands bank statements and reference letters from work for both of us.

I used an IRCC registered agent who is also quite upset at the visa application result and is advising we request a judicial review. I will really appreciate your advice as I am quite confused. I have ordered my GCMS notes as of this morning. But would really appreciate any insights of anyone has experience this and how they overturned it. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 6:20am On Jun 15, 2023
Is anyone going to Fleming college for January 2024 and wants to connect?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funformofi: 6:32am On Jun 15, 2023
Hi mama,

I sent you a dm. Pls respond.

Misstolaly:

I would also advise you reached out to the facility where you did your medicals, especially with my experience today.

Submitted application for Work Permit for Spouse (SOWP), Study Permit (SP) & Visit Visa (VV) on May 10th and did upfront for all on May 1st (My older daughter (SP) had an existing medical that was passed on a previous application). Qlife delayed uploading report for the VV until I got a request for additional medicals from IRCC on the 22nd and I was at QLife on 24th to deal (they were full of apologies). Meanwhile medical for SP was passed on 18th of May, medical for SOWP was passed on 22nd of May, and it now remained VV.

I followed up with emails and webforms from the 1st of June to IRCC that how far, especially since VV's medical was still pending. PPR dropped for SOWP and SP on the 7th and 9th of June respectively while VV 's medical is still pending for VV. I have been sending daily emails and webform to IRCC but decided to visit QLife in person today, only to discover they were yet to transmit results for the VV. It is worthy to note that the medical for my older daughter's SP expired after it was passed and she she did another medical which has also been passed while my 3 month old daughter medical was yet to be transmitted, if not for the delay, all applications would probably have been approved in May)

Now that this has been done, hoping IRCC will pass the medical and I can get her PPR this week so we can dispatch passports for stamping.

NB: I got my SP last year December and would be resuming Fall 2023, so still very much in Nigeria, I just booked another medical since my medical on file has now expired.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chillChill1: 6:36am On Jun 15, 2023
‪If you are from Ghana Search for This @Canadaopportunities on Telegram and join. It is a community of GHANAIANS helping each other to navigate and get Canada Study Visa. This is a DIY Group, READ THE PINNED MESSAGES AS YOU JOIN‬
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chillChill1: 6:38am On Jun 15, 2023
‪If you are from Ghana Search for @Canadaopportunities on Telegram and join. It is a community of GHANAIANS helping each other to navigate and get Canada Study Visa. This is a DIY Group, READ THE PINNED MESSAGES AS YOU JOIN‬
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yankison(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2023
Chechem:

From my angle, you did everything right, we have similar cases. Yours is your sister, mine is my wife. Many people, even lawyers and immigration consultants that I contacted in canada said my case was impossible, Immigration Consultants in Quora said same thing. I only reapplied so that I can get a rejection letter to claim tuition refund, then guess what? God stood in between...

I added some few new documents anyway, but in all I strongly believe it is God. Why you prepare to reapply, please keep praying and believe in faith, without doubt. There is nothing impossible with God...

You can DM me let me tell you things I added, or check my previous post, you will see documents I submitted. I will advise against JR, its not necessary. Get the gmcs, pray and reapply...

Kindly reply my email Boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2023
Henny52:
I disagree with you on this. My younger brother just got his study visa approved recently, do note that I am currently in Canada with my husband and I came with a study permit and now on pgwp and it was stated in my brother's application. He clearly stated this in his application "that I and my husband were his only family in Canada"

Maybe the person I quoted earlier didnt provide enough nigerian ties aswell to balance her strong Canadian ties aswell. We dont have her sop and dont kno documents she provided.

Buh i hv seen many ppl simply not mention any ties in canada, its better that way.
Someone here was of the opinion they will find out ,find out how? Are you the only person that has your surname arnd the world.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=Kenelly post=123803584]Please
MyBankStatement is requested specifically for Student Express Stream and what is requested is 12 months

if you don't want to do the express stream then you don't need MyBankStatement at all but it is 12 MONTHS for the express stream

[/quote
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2023
Good day my people... Am asking for a friend....she studied library and information science in the university with a 15years study gap, please which course can she go for and which school??.
@mikano
@bullstriker
@ShowYoung
At other gurus in here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yankison(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2023
HOUSE!!??

1!...please is Nbbc post-graduate that takes 500cad as tuition deposit has anyone gotten study permit with it? I'm only thinking embassy might think the money too small .

2.... Please having a bsc in public administration does it align in anyway going for a post graduate study for Information technology (cybersecurity) I learnt there is shortage of professional for this job that is why I chose it and I'm a computer nerd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 7:09am On Jun 15, 2023
yankison:
HOUSE!!??

1!...please is Nbbc post-graduate that takes 500cad as tuition deposit has anyone gotten study permit with it? I'm only thinking embassy might think the money too small .

2.... Please having a bsc in public administration does it align in anyway going for a post graduate study for Information technology (cybersecurity) I learnt there is shortage of professional for this job that is why I chose it and I'm a computer nerd
the amount of deposit you pay don't matter. There are people who paid the complete semester fee and others amount up to 10k cad and still got denied. Yet, there are others that didn't pay a dime and still got visa. So it's completely about how you package your application that matters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yankison(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2023
francophone134:
the amount of deposit you pay don't matter. There are people who paid the complete semester fee and others amount up to 10k cad and still got denied. Yet, there are others that didn't pay a dime and still got visa. So it's completely about how you package your application that matters.

Thank you but u forgot the second question Boss .
Bsc public administration now post graduate information technology (cybersecurity) does it align
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 7:22am On Jun 15, 2023
Chechem:

From my angle, you did everything right, we have similar cases. Yours is your sister, mine is my wife. Many people, even lawyers and immigration consultants that I contacted in canada said my case was impossible, Immigration Consultants in Quora said same thing. I only reapplied so that I can get a rejection letter to claim tuition refund, then guess what? God stood in between...

I added some few new documents anyway, but in all I strongly believe it is God. Why you prepare to reapply, please keep praying and believe in faith, without doubt. There is nothing impossible with God...

You can DM me let me tell you things I added, or check my previous post, you will see documents I submitted. I will advise against JR, its not necessary. Get the gmcs, pray and reapply...

I wish you could be clearer with your own situation and why everybody did not think you had a chance. If your wife was in Canada and you were applying to join her, why would it be an impossible situation? If you don't mind, please share atleast for learning sake. Thank God it ended in praise for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2023
eddycode81:
hello guys pls i need advice with regards POF i have funds in 5 banks & and am planning of moving them to one acct will the there b any issue. all acct are in my name. have request the bank to issue me letter of ref. thanks

You will have many explanations to do, use the ones you have significant amounts in...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 7:26am On Jun 15, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Please is there a link to where you got the information?
You can always check on ur bank site the daily I&E window rate , what it opens with and closes with. You can also see it here daily https://fmdqgroup.com/exchange/
Trading starts at 9am - 4pm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Unkissme: 7:29am On Jun 15, 2023
Luada:

How what you own situation liy
Same issue with family farm that brings good money,without having CAC documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 7:31am On Jun 15, 2023
Zane2point4:

Maybe the person I quoted earlier didnt provide enough nigerian ties aswell to balance her strong Canadian ties aswell. We dont have her sop and dont kno documents she provided.

Buh i hv seen many ppl simply not mention any ties in canada, its better that way.
Someone here was of the opinion they will find out ,find out how? Are you the only person that has your surname arnd the world.

I do not think the problem was mentioning the relations she has in Canada. The truth is, most of these IMM forms we fill already carry these details. Don't forget that her sister might have listed her in her own application for PR and when she was travelling too. I feel the only snag in her application was mentioning her sister as a co-sponsor when she already had a good balance in her hubby's account, which could have been sufficient for them as self sponsors. Also stating she would stay with her sister was unnecessary, I guess the agent thought it would strengthen her application alas it weakened it. I think she should not waste time seeking JR, rather get GCMS and if she cant wait for that, refire and only limit her mention to the IMM forms.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olabisi6438(f): 7:31am On Jun 15, 2023
kweje:

IRCC has its own exchange rate. POF is not calculated at our rates.
Check the link https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

I stand to be corrected.

How true is this please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2023
jaydave:

You can always check on ur bank site the daily I&E window rate , what it opens with and closes with. You can also see it here daily https://fmdqgroup.com/exchange/

We might see reduction in Japa via study routes with this FX unification issue now! Not good news to foreign students at all!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2023
Accessed:

I do not think the problem was mentioning the relations she has in Canada. The truth is, most of these IMM forms we fill already carry these details. Don't forget that her sister might have listed her in her own application for PR and when she was travelling too. I feel the only snag in her application was mentioning her sister as a co-sponsor when she already had a good balance in her hubby's account, which could have been sufficient for them as self sponsors. Also stating she would stay with her sister was unnecessary, I guess the agent thought it would strengthen her application alas it weakened it. I think she should not waste time seeking JR, rather get GCMS and if she cant wait for that, refire and only limit her mention to the IMM forms.
Well i think so,na one document deh pass person and na also one fit disqualify am.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2023
Zane2point4:

Ofcourse they will find out. Wouldn't you fill family section form and also their addresses of your siblings and parents. You want to skip that there too?

Mentioning your tie in Canada isn't wrong. Many ppl have done that. I did, my sister was even my cosponsor.

Think the mistake of this OP was mentioningshe will be staying with the sister despite claiming she has enough funds as sponsor from her acct and hubby acct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 7:36am On Jun 15, 2023
zubizareta:

Ofcourse they will find out. Wouldn't you fill family section form and also their addresses of your siblings and parents. You want to skip that there too?

Mentioning your tie in Canada isn't wrong. Many ppl have done that. I did, my sister was even my cosponsor.

Think the mistake of this OP was mentioningshe will be staying with the sister despite claiming she has enough funds as sponsor from her acct and hubby acct.
Unless so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 7:38am On Jun 15, 2023
olabisi6438:

How true is this please

I looked at the rates and they are close to what Oanda published too.

A lot of us have been using Oanda with no issue, so i'd rather quote Oanda rate as my source and state the figure i see which can be confirmed by the VO if they choose to verify. However, with this FX Unification thing that is still hazy, I do not know how it will play out later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kunbibabe: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2023
Chechem:

Have you been added

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 7:47am On Jun 15, 2023
ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone going to University of Windsor January 2024? Kindly indicate. Let’s create a whatsapp group chat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 7:47am On Jun 15, 2023
jaydave:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 7:51am On Jun 15, 2023
kweje:

IRCC has its own exchange rate. POF is not calculated at our rates.
Check the link https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

I stand to be corrected.
Oh thanks for posting this .
I checked tho and I found out it’s the pegged cbn rate they quoted. I think they may later adopt the new trading rate d cbn recognizes now as a result of naira float . The cbn has abolished d pegged rate system
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Unkissme: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2023
Good morning Guys,please I need help. My first application was rejected within two weeks of application. I studied engineering and applied for a masters in engineering after 6years of graduation. (Tho I haven't been working in my field,but I kind of linked my whole process with work(in my SOP),stating that I'm currently work in a fast growing farm as a engineer in charge of piping systems,priming of generator n any other engineering related job you can find in a farm. Truth is,the farm is my Dad's, but I didn't state this while applying. I used the farm cos since it is ours,it will be a lot easy to provide any assistance. Please Note(the farm has no CAC document,but provides steady n good income. My dad is my primary sponsor and I submitted application with POF of 15m and 4kCAD as deposit. Now these are the reasons for rejection.
1. The V.O isn't convinced I'll return to my country after my 2 years study.
2. That I say I work and yet didn't submit any payslip,invoice tax nor bank statement in my name
3. No family ties outside Canada
4. Insufficient funds.
Please Guys,I need help on how to tackle these concern of the V.O please 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2023
Accessed:

We might see reduction in Japa via study routes with this FX unification issue now! Not good news to foreign students at all!!
Can anything reduce naija japa dream sha? I doubt … lol… when cbn rate of cad was 150ngn ppl no japa as much dey are japaring (lol) now when d rate is 346.
Prospective int students may not like this move but it’s a good move for d country in general. The forces of demand n supply of $$ can still drop d rate to 400/500 sef 😆 or could increase it to over 1k . Let’s jus be hopeful it goes in a favorable way for students japa dream
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Unkissme: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2023
Truth is,I do not have the acct balance to tender or any money. Please,I need experts to suggest how to tackle the V.O's concern. I have 5siblings and I listed these on my IMM form. Isn't that enough home ties? Please help out🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 8:01am On Jun 15, 2023
Letusconnect:
ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone going to University of Windsor January 2024? Kindly indicate. Let’s create a whatsapp group chat.

Anyone?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olabisi6438(f): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2023
Accessed:

I looked at the rates and they are close to what Oanda published too.

A lot of us have been using Oanda with no issue, so i'd rather quote Oanda rate as my source and state the figure i see which can be confirmed by the VO if they choose to verify. However, with this FX Unification thing that is still hazy, I do not know how it will play out later.

Thank you for answering

(1) (2) (3) ... (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.