Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220578 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sopurusistus: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
Kingdenny1:

Yes I did , any problem

Please can you drop your number
I need to ask you some questions please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please will this floating of naira affect Form A bank rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
dtrixna01:
Hi guys. What way can I transfer my naira money to my Canadian acc
OPTION 1
Convert the naira to USD via black market
Pay the USD into your domiciliary account.

Hopefully you travelled with your usd card.
You can withdraw usd at certain ATMs
Take to your bank and convert to CAD

OPTION 2
Initiate upkeep/maintenance via Form A and attach the required documents.
Leave the money in your naira account until debit you and credit your CAD account.

However this process takes a while

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
Good day my people πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Is PPR for me!!!! , the feeling is awesome!!!!
I don’t know I can do all these myself but is by HIS strength all through

I applied 7th of May and PPR drop 14th of June

Thank God for Nairaland forum.... the information here is amazing , and to all that answers my questions here and there,, thanks a bunch πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please can someone help me with the latest acrobat reader, I have been trying to open the Imm forms with Acrobat reader 10 and 11 since yesterday but it's not working . Please help me out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shapman: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
GloriaBekee:

Thank God for Nairaland forum.... the information here is amazing , and to all that answers my questions here and there,, thanks a bunch πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Congratulations! Go on and prosper.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legend1308: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
Is 8 months course same thing as one year program? Like if one study 8 month January to August program will one be qualified for PGWP? If yes, will it be 8 months or 1year. If it's 8 months pgwp can it be convert to PR? thank you.
ShowYoung:

The word "cheap" is ambiguous, you may want to define what you call "cheap."

You should do a one-year course if you don't have funds for a two-year course.

If after the first one-year course, you have saved up enough to pursue a second course, you can pursue it. This is what we call 1+1 method.

Note that a one-year course will get you a one-year PGWP and a two or one-plus-one year course will get you a two-to-three-year PGWP. Some 16 months courses can also get you a two-to-three year PGWP.

Meanwhile, if you get a one-year PGWP and you are able to get a qualifying job after your study, you will be able to become a PR earlier than those who study a two-year course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Legend1308:
Is 8 months course same thing as one year program? Like if one study 8 month January to August program will one be qualified for PGWP? If yes, will it be 8 months or 1year. If it's 8 months pgwp can it be convert to PGWP? thank you.
Yes to all your questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by suavecool: 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
nnamdi346:
Please will this floating of naira affect Form A bank rate?

YES!! It sure will
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
Unkissme:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ have your visa been approved? What district are you going to?
Sasketchwan ,i dont know if i got the spelling!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Zane2point4:

Sasketchwan ,i dont know if i got the spelling!

Make sure to master the correct spelling, as you wouldn't want to be questioned about it at the border. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2023
suavecool:

YES!! It sure will

Omo! e go red o!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DREAMHILS: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hi all. I need your inputs. My husband applied for sowp with me in March. He used his old passport which will expire in Dec. He got a new passport before ppr and submitted both the old and new passports when the request came. His new passport was stamped. But both the passport and letter of introduction states his visa is valid till Dec 2023 while mine is valid till Sept 2025.

Please, can this be resolved at the POE to align his visa validity with mine?

I appreciate every response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
tenderjunkie:

OPTION 1
Convert the naira to USD via black market
Pay the USD into your domiciliary account.

Hopefully you travelled with your usd card.
You can withdraw usd at certain ATMs
Take to your bank and convert to CAD

OPTION 2
Initiate upkeep/maintenance via Form A and attach the required documents.
Leave the money in your naira account until debit you and credit your CAD account.

However this process takes a while
Thanks. Funny how we convert using cbn rate when we bout to travel only to start using fx when we arrive lol money done go down

Also, can I use the exchangers here in Canada ? I’m in Canada and my money is in naira. I have a dorm acc too but small money is in there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
tenderjunkie:

What line of work has she been into?
She can do a course based on career progression

Aiport protocol....for the last 10years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legend1308: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please which program is it that's two years course you applied for that tuition fee is 20k in two years. Thanks
Olumain4:
My people, please answer me o. Save me from wasting money for application.

Will this proof of fund work:

#8m equivalent to 22kcad (gotten from sponsor)
12kpounds equivalent to 20kcad (sponsor bank statement)
Paid 1st semester fee 3,330 cad

Note: my sponsor is working in uk

Program is 2 years, 10k per year. (Total:20k)

I need several suggestion that can make succesful outcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mamapraiz: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please can anyone share a sample of gift deed and a support letter. I will gladly appreciate it. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yankison(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please can a pubLic administration Graduate study Information technology as post graduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Have u been working in dat field
yankison:
Please can a pubLic administration Graduate study Information technology as post graduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Osaiyekenmwen(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
GloriaBekee:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Agodu: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hi please someone should answer me .
My form A is in "ADB disbursements review" and I was charged 5k cbn charges on the 9th of June using union bank ,please who knows when they are likely to debit the school fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omothickerbody(f): 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
Good evening guys,

I just gained admission into an institution in canada but now i have no idea on what to do next. Please, i will need a step by step process on how to get my student permit and visa and i will like to know if i must make use of an agent or it's not neccesary.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
Agodu:
Hi please someone should answer me .
My form A is in "ADB disbursements review" and I was charged 5k cbn charges on the 9th of June using union bank ,please who knows when they are likely to debit the school fees?

Count 10 weeks at least
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please guys,
Whats the essence of the sms charge that we pay to VSF. I thought it is for update, for example, they are to update me when DHL dispatched my passport to them etc...

I sent my passport since 7th of June, I got confirmation on dispatch from DHL on the 9th of June and since then I have not gotten any message or email from VSF. And I am beginning to get worried...

Please does it take this long? Because I have seen someone here that submitted on the 26th of May and collected 1st of June...

Also, any ideas on cheap flights? I am going to Toronto...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yankison(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
angie88:
Have u been working in dat field

Yes I have done some certification in the long run Oracle 11g , desktop publishing and nCCL though ..and only worked with an IT company for 8months ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Legend1308:
Is 8 months course same thing as one year program? Like if one study 8 month January to August program will one be qualified for PGWP? If yes, will it be 8 months or 1year. If it's 8 months pgwp can it be convert to PGWP? thank you.

An eigth-month course will get you a one-year PGWP so long the course is PGWP-eligible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hello, asking for a Friend

1: His wife current job is elementary school teacher and gotten an admission for an Early Childhood Education program, hope this program is in line with her career

2: The friend has account balance of 12m, the wife program is 2 years, but she is going alone. Is this amount enough for POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
olutowo:
Good day my people... Am asking for a friend....she studied library and information science in the university with a 15years study gap, please which course can she go for and which school??.
@mikano
@bullstriker
@ShowYoung
At other gurus in here

Due to the study gap, your friend should focus more on career progression.

What job has your friend been into?

Your friend will do well if he/she wishes to pursue the a program of study that is in tandem with his/her job.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
olutowo:

Please make una give me clue...na beg i day beg...please...

You have been responded to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
ShowYoung:

Due to the study gap, your friend should focus more on career progression.

What job has your friend been into?

Your friend will do well if he/she wishes to pursue the a program of study that is in tandem with his/her job.

Thank you boss....she did library and information science and graduated in 2007...she has been working at the airport since 2013 as protocol officer till date.. that's why we are confused on which one to go for...besides no course to choose from in protocol officer...

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
Funformofi:
Thanks for the response bros.

Option 1 seems fair provided all things are equal. Fear is if IRCC goes back to sleep mode and we wait endlessly for visa

Option 2: Would strong home ties like personal building with a good valuation, study leave from both employers, immediate siblings and parents be enuf as home ties?

It's the duration of study (1 year) that is actually making me look for anyone in the same boat to boost my confidence. I know with 2 years, there are plenty success stories.

Do not despair: if you do it the right way with serious aggression, you would get a decision before graduation.

The word "enough" is never spelt out by IRCC, you should present what you have: but from record, it seems you may have good home ties. No one has successfully defined what is enough. You can only rely on statistics.

If you are looking for success stories, I can tell you to relax, there are success stories.

However, I am not convincing you to opt for a one-year program. You know what you want. Your decision is your decision. I am not responsible for any failure or glitch should there be any.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hope4Naja:
Hello, asking for a Friend

1: His wife current job is elementary school teacher and gotten an admission for an Early Childhood Education program, hope this program is in line with her career

2: The friend has account balance of 12m, the wife program is 2 years, but she is going alone. Is this amount enough for POF

1. Yes, it tallies but emphasis should be laid on teaching kindergarten if truly she teaches that grade.

2. It depends on the tuition fee. If you provide the tuition fee for the two years, you may be able to get the approximate value of POF needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.