Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220418 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DelCrux: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
Great minds..
I humbly seek your guidance on studying in Canada.

1. I studied building, graduated in 2011 with a 3rd class, have worked as a civil engineer and design architect.

2. Can I go for normal diploma in construction management or architecture or civil engineering

3. Which pathway will u advise as most don't have construction management or civil as post graduate diploma.

4. Which cheap college can u advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Cutiemirror:
Am in Nigeria and I don’t have dollars account. I don’t no if I can pay through Flywire.

I looked up to find out if they accept flywire, but I did not see that option. Send an email to international admission to find out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ok
Lily89:

I looked up to find out if they accept flywire, but I did not see that option. Send an email to international admission to find out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hi guys. How long does it take these days to get either GCMS or CBSA note? Also what's the current ircc CAD/NGN rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vheekthur: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
Chechem:

I thought I was alone, seems its a general problem, I was sent an email on Thursday 22nd that my passport has been sent to me, I waited to get a tracking number from the courier service but didn't get any till now.... I chatted vfs on Friday 23rd and the lady said my passport will be picked up at close of work from their office by the courier service I guess, that I should not worry, that they will call me when they get to my location. This means that by the 22nd that they told me that it has been sent, it was still in their office...

Since Monday I have been trying to get through to them, I have called tire, it kept saying busy, I have sent many emails, no reply, I have tried chatting them but since this week, their chatting platform hasn't been working fine.

What happens if you travel to Abuja and it has left their office, it means you will still come back empty handed and wait again until it gets to you. Also, what if you visit Abuja and collect the passport, will they refund you

This has made me to conclude that vfs does not care about quality service, if not what would have made them chose UPS over DHL, maybe they will make more money with UPS than DHL. If it were to be DHL, it will not be taking this long. When I wanted to submit my passport, I first went to UPS and was told that it will take 5 days to get to vfs Abuja but DHL said 2 days and in exactly 2 days, they delivered...

I believe the passports have left VFS, the problem must be from UPS... I stay in Owerri, they may even be waiting to get enough waybill coming to Owerri before they waybill my passport together...

They would have allowed DHL and UPS run the return deal together, let people chose which courier they want to use...
It’s really frustrating. But they stated in the mail that in person collection is not available at the moment. Would they attend to me if I go straight to the vfs to collect the passport?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vheekthur: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Chinnychappy90:
Hi Bobomaigida.
I submitted my passport on Monday in person, at their Abuja office same place I did my biometrics. Tracking shows it's under processing at IRCC office. I choose to collect in person so I wasn't asked to pay anything. Any idea when it will be returned . I want to book my flight.
So they still allow in person collection right ? Because I want to travel down to Abuja and collect my passport. I want to be sure if they’ll give me my passport when I get there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thestarbear: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hello again guys,
Do I need the schengen visa to travel through Amsterdam? Want to use KLM for my flight, I'm reading that if I have the Canadian visa I don't need the schengen visa, wanted to ask if that's true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by poultryprocesie: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
The eagle has landed !!!!!! PPR is here o. Thanks to everyone.
Apart from sending mails and webforms, I did a letter to the MP on Friday.
Best of luck to others on the waiting list.
poultryprocesie:
Good day all,

Pease I need help and advice on this issue. We applied as a family (Father SOWP and Children VV) Everyone got PPR except 2 (Ages 18 & 11). For the 18 yrs old, below is -

Application - January 3, 2023
Submission Confirmation -January 3, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter January 3, 2023
Correspondence Letter - April 26, 2023

After several mails and webform, we got a reply from Nairobi that PPR has been sent since May 18th, 2023. But we dont have it. We have replied with several screenshot that we do not have it, but no luck.
NOTE: The VIS NO is showing on tracker.
Kindly advice.
Can we just go to VSF?

Thank you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillyvee(m): 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
wooow massive congratulations cheesy cheesy
poultryprocesie:
The eagle has landed !!!!!! PPR is here o. Thanks to everyone.
Apart from sending mails and webforms, I did a letter to the MP on Friday.
Best of luck to others on the waiting list.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2023
Just go early between 8am to 10am. So many came in person to collect. Upon submission, a stamp was placed on the copy of my passport data page I went with. I was told to come with it when
I get a notification for collection. Do not forget I did my biometrics there and submitted in person. I also did state that I would be coming to pick it up myself and the lady who attended to me said I would get a mail notifying me once it gets back to them.
Vheekthur:

So they still allow in person collection right ? Because I want to travel down to Abuja and collect my passport. I want to be sure if they’ll give me my passport when I get there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
DelCrux:
Great minds..
I humbly seek your guidance on studying in Canada.

1. I studied building, graduated in 2011 with a 3rd class, have worked as a civil engineer and design architect.

2. Can I go for normal diploma in construction management or architecture or civil engineering

3. Which pathway will u advise as most don't have construction management or civil as post graduate diploma.

4. Which cheap college can u advice

You may want to consider PGD/PGC/PBC in Project Management, Construction Project Management or Project Management-- Building/Construction.

For cheap schools, you can define what you term as "cheap."

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LaviDoreen: 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
Vheekthur:

It’s really frustrating. But they stated in the mail that in person collection is not available at the moment. Would they attend to me if I go straight to the vfs to collect the passport?

This is what I am going through right now with Abuja branch paid since last week Monday no update from them up till. I tire oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omothickerbody(f): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2023
Good Afternoon
I want to ask, my uncle is my sponsor for my tuition and living expenses. Do i need to provide a form of identity of my uncle or there's no need since we bear the same surname?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
Omothickerbody:
Good Afternoon
I want to ask, my uncle is my sponsor for my tuition and living expenses. Do i need to provide a form of identity of my uncle or there's no need since we bear the same surname?
Thanks

Even if your dad was your sponsor, you will still need to prove relationship with him. Yes you will need that and more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2023
Omothickerbody:
Good Afternoon
Thanks
my elder brother was my sponsor, I attached his international bio date page and his birth certificate to show surname with me. Very important

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omothickerbody(f): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
zubizareta:

Even if your dad was your sponsor, you will still need to prove relationship with him. Yes you will need that and more
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omothickerbody(f): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
francophone134:
my elder brother was my sponsor, I attached his international bio date page and his birth certificate to show surname with me. Very important
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by santxiago: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hi guys!

Does anyone know how many days it takes to hear back from IRCC after medicals passed?
I know I need to wait but IRCC is playing with my emotions.

My online timeline

Submission May 24
Biometrics May 26
Medicals June 17

Nothing after that, not even ghost updates.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FOF4u: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
You for choose IOM Benin office since you stay in Benin instead of traveling to Lagos. IOM open new office this year in Benin City. I read it online.

Iceboyblog:
My appointment time for my medical is
June 28 8am, IOM Lagos and I live benin so is there any one that no of any hotel close to GRA or ikeja or even self ijota and please what is needed that day for the medical. Please anybody with good idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iyere2023: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
Guys! Am I the only one on this ship
Had biometric submitted since 1st of June,the tracker is showing *completed*on the biometric ,and till now it’s still showing *in progress* on my background verification. It is taking forever to get a response from IRCC. Medicals and Eligibility is still showing *not started* what can I do please?

Is the wait this long
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Officialarhnie(f): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
Iceboyblog:
Guys I did my medical today it's a medical request from ircc dey didn't collect the IME from ircc gave to me is there any problem with that

No there’s no problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Officialarhnie(f): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
Omothickerbody:
Good Afternoon
Thanks

Provide the form. You can use his birth certificate, your fathers birth certificate and yours to show relationship ties. If possible add pictures if you have any

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DelCrux: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
Thank you so much, cheap in term of school fees like 12k downward
ShowYoung:

You may want to consider PGD/PGC/PBC in Project Management, Construction Project Management or Project Management-- Building/Construction.

For cheap schools, you can define what you term as "cheap."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
Vheekthur:

I can't tell o. I have already booked flight for August... Hopefully, I will get it this week or next by God's grace...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ferdinard21(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2023
hillyvee:
wooow massive congratulations cheesy cheesy

Where did you do your police clearance certificate and how much was it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chibzzy789: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Greetings. What’s the best age range to use a co-sponsor in your application. Is it advisable for a married man over 37 years old with 2 kids to use a sibling as co-sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by binnaobinna: 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2023
Is it over 6 weeks since you submitted your application?
- The current processing time for study permit outside Canada is averaging 6 weeks.
Relax, enjoy the holidays, find some fun things to do with your family or friends

santxiago:
Hi guys!

Does anyone know how many days it takes to hear back from IRCC after medicals passed?
I know I need to wait but IRCC is playing with my emotions.

My online timeline

Submission May 24
Biometrics May 26
Medicals June 17

Nothing after that, not even ghost updates.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omothickerbody(f): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
Officialarhnie:

Provide the form. You can use his birth certificate, your fathers birth certificate and yours to show relationship ties. If possible add pictures if you have any
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillyvee(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
It is not necessary. I did not include that in my application.
ferdinard21:

Where did you do your police clearance certificate and how much was it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2023
Chibzzy789:
Greetings. What’s the best age range to use a co-sponsor in your application. Is it advisable for a married man over 37 years old with 2 kids to use a sibling as co-sponsor?

Yes you can. Your SOP will do the work. Show previous commitments of your sibling to your welfare. Attach evidence. It's not out of place. My case is similar to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
Please help me with answers to the following questions.
amila20042001:
Hi guys. How long does it take these days to get either GCMS or CBSA note? Also what's the current ircc CAD/NGN rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vheekthur: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2023
FOF4u:
You for choose IOM Benin office since you stay in Benin instead of traveling to Lagos. IOM open new office this year in Benin City. I read it online.

IOM Benin is not doing Canada medicals, just UK Tuberculosis test

(1) (2) (3) ... (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.