Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219486 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benquip: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
SoftdudeKay:

That’s why I did this current study visa application by myself. That means but the agent didn’t use the Use of Representative Form, and the Visa Officer requested for it here. He said I should attach it if I used it. How do I deal with this?

Advise please.

You're correct, what you need to do is give a detailed letter of explanation to IRCC explaining your situation with that fraudulent agent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benquip: 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
Pemipoo:
Good afternoon guys. Please I need urgent assistance and advice. I have Bsc in accounting and I am currently looking forward to apply for msc in any course with high acceptance rates.

( I scored so low in my gre)

Please, what do I do now?

Kindly advise me accordingly.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I don't know about gre but you try msc programs if your undergrad grades are too notch if not just go for a PGD finance or something related to accounting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
Abeg this Ethiopian airlines wey guys de talk about, is the flight payment in dollars or naira?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyinye1: 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good evening all, I got an admission to York university Toronto Ontario for post graduate certificate, I also applied for Masters in other schools outside Ontario that am waiting for decision.

Ontario is known for better opportunities, but I prefer a masters program as it will give me at least 3 years PGWP unlike a 1 year that's applicable to post graduate certificate.

Also the course I applied for as masters have a low job prospect unlike the PGC which is highly sought out for. I don't want to be under pressure after completing 1 year program to look for job immediately to get qualifed for the 1 year Canadian work experience.

Kindly advice because I am confused at this point.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2022
RollyA:
Hi everyone, i am not sure anyone knows me on this thread, but i thought to drop my Canada study journey.

my timeline as much as i can remember goes thus:

Applied January 9 2021 , got refused February 2021, reason: Personal assets and financial status

Applied again April 2021, addressing the issues, got refused in August 2021 for same reason, personal assets and financial status

Began my journey to JR because i did all i could, everyone i chatted with on thread 19 didnt know whatelse i should do that i hadnt done.

So i consulted a lawyer, he read my notes and documents submitted, said i had a good case.

In my first application, the denial reason was that they could not find documents of financial proof, i remember i was asked to submit MBS but i declined, i was told it was not compulsory, at least their request letter said so, so i asked them to process with the traditional bank statements i provided, i was wrong, it was not an option, i was refused 2 days after i ignored their request.

So to improve my chances, i liquidated my fixed deposits in my first application, paid 95% of my tuition from it and reapplied, lo and behold, i was slammed with lump sum deposit despite my explanation and documentary evidence the lump sum were from my liquidated fixed deposits.

my journey to JR began in September, a month after my second refusal, IRCC refused to settle at first instance, i became pensive and put in a third application in December, finished paying my tuition, bit the bullet and did GIC, it was expensive but it was worth it. I did a third application because the case had gone quiet and i had already almost given up on it. i started questioning my choice to go through JR, my lawyer was in high spirits and was very much sure we will win.

He was not in support of my third application but i did it anyway. The third application was untouched from December 2021 to May 2022, it was as if they wanted to see the direction of my case in court.

So in that same May, the judge granted leave (this means the judge is interested and wants to hear the case which will most likely rule in my favor)

2 days after the judge granted leave, IRCC comes forward to settle and reopen my file. 2 days after they settled, my third application which was untouched gathered momentum, medical request dropped like a week after settlement, PPR a month after. the second application which was still reopened was withdrawn after i got PPR.

Immediately after i received my PPR, i put in my son's application and it was approved in 6 weeks.

we arrived BC last week and preparing for my resumption in January 2023.

I hope everyone on this journey and awaiting decisions draws strength from this post.

Cheers!

Big Congratulations @Rolly A, I know you very well from 2021, thank God it has ended in praise for you and yours. I pray it ends in praise for me too I. Jesus name Amen.
Cheers to a new life.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pemipoo: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2022
Benquip:

I don't know about gre but you try msc programs if your undergrad grades are too notch if not just go for a PGD finance or something related to accounting

Do you have idea of any school that with high acceptance rates?
I tried watching some video on YouTube and I going some post here but the whole thing is confusing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
RollyA:
Hi everyone, i am not sure anyone knows me on this thread, but i thought to drop my Canada study journey.

Applied January 9 2021 , got refused February 2021, reason: Personal assets and financial status

Applied again April 2021, addressing the issues, got refused in August 2021 for same reason, personal assets and financial status

Began my journey to JR because i did all i could, everyone i chatted with on thread 19 didnt know whatelse i should do that i hadnt done.

So i consulted a lawyer, he read my notes and documents submitted, said i had a good case.

In my first application, the denial reason was that they could not find documents of financial proof, i remember i was asked to submit MBS but i declined, i was told it was not compulsory, at least their request letter said so, so i asked them to process with the traditional bank statements i provided, i was wrong, it was not an option, i was refused 2 days after i ignored their request.

So to improve my chances, i liquidated my fixed deposits in my first application, paid 95% of my tuition from it and reapplied, lo and behold, i was slammed with lump sum deposit despite my explanation and documentary evidence the lump sum were from my liquidated fixed deposits.

my journey to JR began in September, a month after my second refusal, IRCC refused to settle at first instance, i became pensive and put in a third application in December, finished paying my tuition, bit the bullet and did GIC, it was expensive but it was worth it. I did a third application because the case had gone quiet and i had already almost given up on it. i started questioning my choice to go through JR, my lawyer was in high spirits and was very much sure we will win.

He was not in support of my third application but i did it anyway. The third application was untouched from December 2021 to May 2022, it was as if they wanted to see the direction of my case in court.

So in that same May, the judge granted leave (this means the judge is interested and wants to hear the case which will most likely rule in my favor)

2 days after the judge granted leave, IRCC comes forward to settle and reopen my file. 2 days after they settled, my third application which was untouched gathered momentum, medical request dropped like a week after settlement, PPR a month after. the second application which was still reopened was withdrawn after i got PPR.

Immediately after i received my PPR, i put in my son's application and it was approved in 6 weeks.

I hope everyone on this journey and awaiting decisions draws strength from this post.

Cheers!

Congratulations, ma. I'm so happy for you. May Canada favour you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
makano:
Hello socially

This your question is very clear.

You didn't state which is your home country,
you didn't state which country you presently working
you didn't also state how long you have been doing this remote Job..

Also take note Job is not the only factor for Home ties.......

Peace

Thank you for the response.

My home country is Nigeria, and I currently work remotely for a US company. I’ve been working remotely for four years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
Most of those so called "agents" out there are basically "hungry" folks looking for quick bucks.

How much is application fee that the oloshi had to request a refund simply because there was no feedback from IRCC and if i recall, they instructed applicants to reapply from a certain period. Sometime, we need to learn say, no be every opportunity to say "no i no wan do again" naim we go take.

I had a visitor visa for 3 which was applied in Nov. 2020 as well, but when i saw the broadcast message on media to withdraw and reapply i just left the thing. It is still stuck like that till date.

That your agent is an hungry duck who have put you in problem now.

You may just have to explain the situation with evidence that your representative executed that action without your consent. I assume you are managing this application yourself, and if this is the case, use the change in approach of processing your visa application as a case in point to drive home your position.

Good speed with the response though.

SoftdudeKay:
Good afternoon guys. Please I need urgent assistance and advice.

I applied for tourist visa in March 2020 (before the lockdown) through an agent, and there was no update on the application. So, I applied for study visa in July this year by myself. I have been waiting to get response from the IRCC and I just got a response today, saying that my previous application there was a request from me (that’s my agent) to my bank that the application fee should be refunded. Now I have to provide valid point and documents within 15 days as to why I requested for the refund and I need to pay the $185CAD. The payment isn’t the problem, but I contacted the agent and obviously, he knows about it but claimed he didn’t make the payment from his card, that someone else made the payment for him, and he’s not been able to reach the person.

This is the only thing holding my application back and if I can’t justify and clear this, it’s a 5 year ban.

Please, how do I go about this?

HELP ME GUYS!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwale: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
Pls bro check your mail,i sent you a dm pls
PatrickOkunima:

Congratulations, ma. I'm so happy for you. May Canada favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2022
i cant see no evidence of source of funds amongst your document list backing up your LOE for lump sum.

msbaileyz:
Documents To Be Submitted:

1. Imm Forms

2. International Passport & Previous Visa
Data Page
Previous Visas

3. Letter Of Acceptance

4. POF(Financial, Employment & Assets)
A. Bank statements for the past Six months (20 Million Naira Closing Balance)
B. Bank Reference Letter
C. Employment Documents (Offer, Confirmation, Promotion & Reference Letter,Resume,Waec & University Certificate (Bsc)
Proof of assets or business
i. Deed Of Assignment of My property, Survey plan, Receipt of purchase, Affidavit of Fact
ii. Deed Of Conveyance of Dad’s Property (Gift), Receipt, Gift Deed & Affidavit of Support

5. Digital Photograph

6. E-Medical Information Sheet

7. Clients Information
A. SOP (Explaining importantly addressing transition in field of study from Law to Undergrad in Nutritional Science , Ties back home e.t.c)
B. LOE for my previous visa refusals and 20 Million Naira Lump Sum from Mum
C. Deed Of Assignment of Mum’s sold Property, A copy of receipt of sale, Gift Deed for the 20M lump sum & Affidavit of Support
D. Birth Certificate Showing My Mums Name
E. Family Photos
F. Business registration & Instagram screenshot for my ties back home (Explained in my SOP)

IS THIS OKAY FOR SUBMISSION

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
Pace6:

I used my fiancé though and added photos of us together. Wrote in the SOP I will be coming back to marry her winkdon’t know if that counted sha.

Hello Chief,

I noticed you said your PPR came in the evening. Is your passport returned to you yet?
I’ve been seeing counterfoils with Abuja not Nairobi recently. Maybe Abuja is now processing applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good evening everyone I got an admission in Cape Breton university, so my tuition fees is about $9500Cad and they didn’t mention if I have to pay any deposit before I apply for visa but I’m willing to make a deposit of $3000Cad
Am I good to go?
Please anyone should shared more light for me about my question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
olokings:
i cant see no evidence of source of funds amongst your document list backing up your LOE for lump sum.

That might be the receipt of the property sale - guessing the lump sum is the 20m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by don4real: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
Toronto School of Management, Tsom

Pemipoo:

Do you have idea of any school that with high acceptance rates?
I tried watching some video on YouTube and I going some post here but the whole thing is confusing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olaraz: 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
[quote author=olaraz post=117764410]Pls gurus in the house. Can one use cooperative society as his/her sponsor like one claiming he/she is working there. Like the sponsorship is coming from one's work place, which is the cooperative society and one will back it up with employment letter and also the society will introduce the person and also said they are the one sponsoring such person. Did Canada accept such.

Pls gurus in the house. Can someone answer this for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ajulo1231: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please I someone so to enlighten me please I've this my result c6 in English, c5 in math, c6 in biology,commerce e8, economics e8, agriculture d7,youruba d7 please can I use this result to study in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
RollyA:

Cheers!

Congratulations RollyA, you have finally defeated VO 34****** grin grin

Please if you do not mind sharing, how much did the JR cost and do you have to pay the lawyer upfront or you waited after the case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ajulo1231:
Good evening everyone
Please I someone so to enlighten me please I've this my result c6 in English, c5 in math, c6 in biology,commerce e8, economics e8, agriculture d7,youruba d7 please can I use this result to study in Canada?

Ajulo, na which course you dey plan to study?

Usually the admission requirements are stated by each school, so you can check it out by yourself, that is if you have decided on the course and level.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
Enitan1998:
Good evening everyone I got an admission in Cape Breton university, so my tuition fees is about $9500Cad and they didn’t mention if I have to pay any deposit before I apply for visa but I’m willing to make a deposit of $3000Cad
Am I good to go?
Please anyone should shared more light for me about my question

You can go ahead, if you want to, but please check their refund policy before sending funds to them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ola76421: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
Congratulations RollyA. I remember you. I am happy for you and wish you all the best. Could you let me know the reason you gave for applying for your child since you applied alone initially and probably stated you will be traveling without family?

RollyA:

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
olokings:

It’s in 7C… is that okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bobomaigida:

You can go ahead, if you want to, but please check their refund policy before sending funds to them.
This what their refunds policy says
REFUND POLICY: CBU has recently updated its refund policy and it must be noted:
 100% of a student’s deposit will be returned in the case their study visa is not granted and they were not enrolled in any courses (appropriate documentation is required from the student). Please email internationalaccounts@cbu.ca to make this request. CBU reserves the right to contact IRCC to verify the status of a visa and/or study permit application and/or to verify the contents of a refusal letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 11:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
Do you guys upload former passport with visa pages and d new passport together in the passport section or upload it separately by leaving only the new passport in passport section and old passport with visas in client info section ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by timigreene(m): 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good evening everyone, has anyone here applied to Durham college? Response time after submission of application, also, tution deposit is around what range? And any other relevant information regarding the college/policy. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onaliaku: 2:16am On Oct 23, 2022
If you are speaking the truth make sure to screen shot evidence of the said agent and all the correspondences between you two as a supporting document. Just to improve your chances of getting in deeper shit

Benquip:

I suggest you speak the truth and tell IRCC you used the service of an agent and trusted him with your application not knowing he was dubious and you're ready to make the payment again.

Stop Patronizing agents..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onaliaku: 2:19am On Oct 23, 2022
This is not your lie of you can prove that everything was done with the so-called agent, but damn prepare for anything. Print out all your discussions with the agent, screenshot messages, emails and write a good explanation letter.

SoftdudeKay:

That’s why I did this current study visa application by myself. That means but the agent didn’t use the Use of Representative Form, and the Visa Officer requested for it here. He said I should attach it if I used it. How do I deal with this?

NOTE THAT: it must have been stated in the option he (the agent) chose then that I am not using an agent. So this simply means I’m lying to them.

Advise please.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RollyA(f): 3:24am On Oct 23, 2022
I paid twice. One before filing and second after the process was complete. Some ppl also pay upon success, a premium fee.

Bobomaigida:

Congratulations RollyA, you have finally defeated VO 34****** grin grin

Please if you do not mind sharing, how much did the JR cost and do you have to pay the lawyer upfront or you waited after the case?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RollyA(f): 3:26am On Oct 23, 2022
My mum Inlaw fell ill, I told them I was meant to drop him with her but now she’s ill it’s not an option, I attached medical reports

Ola76421:

Congratulations RollyA. I remember you. I am happy for you and wish you all the best. Could you let me know the reason you gave for applying for your child since you applied alone initially and probably stated you will be traveling without family?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Skillful001: 4:05am On Oct 23, 2022
RollyA:

My mum Inlaw fell ill, I told them I was meant to drop him with her but now she’s ill it’s not an option, I attached medical reports

Is there a whatsapp group for the newbies to join for more guides and update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 4:55am On Oct 23, 2022
don4real:
Toronto School of Management, Tsom

No PGWP in TSOM you know

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 4:57am On Oct 23, 2022
Ajulo1231:
Good evening everyone
Bro this result cannot even get you admission in Nigeria let alone Canada, at least 5 credits are required in most schools in Nigeria which must include English and maths

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.