Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219340 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SupremeGod: 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
I have a similar case. Please, I need your advice on how you able to resolve it. I have sent you DM. Please, kindly reachout.
msbaileyz:

@softdudekay

Do not say that you used an agent, I repeat, Do not say that you used an agent I am saying this from experience
Although I didn’t get a 5 year ban based on my refusal letter, but it contributed to my last PR refusal and that’s part of what I have to defend now in a new application.

NEVER EVER BRING UP NEW ISSUES FOR AN OFFICER TO DIG THROUGH …..my 2 cents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:

Anyone?

Hi, go to any DHL office around you and send the passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SupremeGod: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2022
I have a similar case. Please I need your advice on how you are able to resolve it. I sent you a DM.
msbaileyz:

@softdudekay

Do not say that you used an agent, I repeat, Do not say that you used an agent I am saying this from experience
Although I didn’t get a 5 year ban based on my refusal letter, but it contributed to my last PR refusal and that’s part of what I have to defend now in a new application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nice.... same course
Dolaqueen:

Business administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Teeebabyyy,

I think some time ago, someone posted a link here that contains the contact information of MPs in the different provinces. Use the search button to navigate through previous threads or utilize Google.

Success is all I Wish You!
Bro biko can you help me do sop review thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Client information

Keren12:
Which section can I upload additional document like land, employment letter, sop etc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
So I just finished gathering docs to support my application in the client info section .. my SOP is 6pages and other docs supporting my explanation, work, academics, travel history , home ties , pics, career prospect , contain page 7-74 … wahala …lol��
Is this not too bulky for VO to verify d docs one after d oda and require a lot of time for decision to be made ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Use option 1 if you have a dollar credit card.

Option 2 if you have a dollar debit card.

I don't have any. What's the alternative please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
idirect:

I don't have any. What's the alternative please?

You have to look for people who have dollar cards that can help you pay or check apps that have virtual dollar cards you can get where you can pay with parallel market rates.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
Enitan1998:

Thank you
This is what I will pay then
You have any idea what’s the rate of $1 Cad

I do not really have the information. However, are you paying with Form A or you will pay with wire transfer using personal funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
Bobomaigida:

You have to look for people who have dollar cards that can help you pay or check apps that have virtual dollar cards you can get where you can pay with parallel market rates.
Gracias...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
SupremeGod:
I have a similar case. Please I need your advice on how you are able to resolve it. I sent you a DM.

Please what is your own case? How did yours happen please? Looking for a way out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaydave:
Do you guys upload former passport with visa pages and d new passport together in the passport section or upload it separately by leaving only the new passport in passport section and old passport with visas in client info section ?

Your old passport number is on your new passport. You don’t have to upload the old passport. You can upload just the visa and stamp pages.

I can’t wait to celebrate with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Femioye337:
Nice.... same course
Oh! Nice!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Femioye337:
Nice.... same course

I also intend to apply for the same course. Is having a degree in business admin an added advantage or not?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enitan1998: 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Bobomaigida:

I do not really have the information. However, are you paying with Form A or you will pay with wire transfer using personal funds?
Wire transfer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
msbaileyz:

@softdudekay

Please, how do I tackle this? Kindly advise accordingly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lollyrekiat(f): 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hello gurus in the house, how can I pay for application fee, University of Manitoba? I have tried using my Zenith master card but not going.
2. Please when writing proposal for PhD do I need to include budget?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
SupremeGod:
@Softdudekay

I’m yet to tackle mine.
On this my current application, I intend to fix it with all form of honesty, back it up with evidences as well as avoid any form of misrepresentation … The honest truth is our cases are definitely not the same so you can’t fix yours with mine and likewise.

I’ll advise that you, share your exact story here and I believe that you’ll get one or two responses that you can fit together to make your case with the visa officer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jire1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nerd95:
My God, finally PPR has dropped, March Applicant.

Timeline:
Applied: March 9th
Biometrics: March 14th
Upfront Medicals: April 5th

June 14th: applied for GCMS Notes

........................... The long wait.
Sent mails to IRCC and MPs. All MPs said they couldn't help because I am not living in Canada.

Sent mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited, Nairobi office nor send my mail lol. Abuja sha replied and gave me a special link to raise a webform. I raised webforms tire, still no reply from IRCC.
Raised webforms, got generic responses.

September 1st: I requested for my school to send me a letter stating that I need to resume before September 18th, and that I am a funded research student. Letter arrived that same day.

September 19th: Admission was deferred to January start.

The wait was affecting me mentally. Had to take my mind off it to focus on my live.

September 28th: GCMS notes arrived. Says "Recommend Interview".

October 6th: Sent my new admission letter to IRCC stating that my admission has been deferred.

October 17th: woke up with a holy anger and send mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited because I think I have been unfairly treated by having to wait for 7months for a visa whereas others are getting theirs in 3 months.

TODAY OCTOBER 20TH: PPR & BVL Dropped.

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My bank statement and that of my brother.
My payslip from my work place.
My employment letter.
My promotion letter at work.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My mother's land survey doc
Picture of me, my brother and mum.
My brother's bank statement
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

My people, I am grateful to God. All the glory to Him.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Get a dollar card and pay with it . Cbn has restrict naira card to $20 daily transaction that’s why what u were tryin to pay for wasn’t going
lollyrekiat:
Hello gurus in the house, how can I pay for application fee, University of Manitoba? I have tried using my Zenith master card but not going.
2. Please when writing proposal for PhD do I need to include budget?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Big thanks �
Kikivanxx:

Your old passport number is on your new passport. You don’t have to upload the old passport. You can upload just the visa and stamp pages.

I can’t wait to celebrate with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bestehigie(m): 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2022
I'm not an agent but I have passion for helping people japa to Universities abroad. I have so far helped few of my friends this year to successfully japa to Canada. I know of all the Canada admissions and visa processes and can help interested people apply for May and September 2023.

For swift collection of certificate and transcript from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma or UNIBEN, write or call 0 8 1 3 6 4 3 2 8 6 6.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
bepositive11:
I know some people have advised you to admit that you used an agent. Just double check whether you'll get into trouble if you should do that. Because I think you risk getting a 5 year ban for misrepresentation.

Alternatively, maybe say that you used a friend's card to make the payment and that you weren't aware of any issues - that you were shocked to receive this notice from them and you've lost touch with the friend so you can't get to the bottom of what went wrong. Then proceed to apologise and attach proof of the new payment.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danieljobb(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
You no go like Japa too bro �.na agent you be no disguise
Bestehigie:
I'm not an agent but I have passion for helping people japa to Universities abroad. I have so far helped few of my friends this year to successfully japa to Canada. I know of all the Canada admissions and visa processes and can help interested people apply for May and September 2023.

For swift collection of certificate and transcript from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma or UNIBEN, write or call 0 8 1 3 6 4 3 2 8 6 6.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
SoftdudeKay:

Good afternoon guys. Please I need urgent assistance and advice. I applied for tourist visa in March 2020 (before the lockdown) through an agent here in Nigeria, and there was no update on the application. So, I applied for study visa in July this year by myself. I have been waiting to get response from the IRCC and I just got a response today, saying there was a request from me (that’s my agent) to my bank that the application fee (my previous application) should be refunded. Now I have to provide valid point in 15 days as to why I requested for the refund and I need to pay the $185CAD. The payment isn’t the problem, but I contacted the agent and obviously, he knows about it but claimed he didn’t make the payment from his card, that someone else made the payment for him, and he’s not been able to reach the person.

NOTE: the agent didn’t use the “Use of Representative Form”.

Please, what do I do now?

Kindly advise me accordingly.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

On the above ⬆️ issue, the agent has gotten back to me saying the person he contacted to help make the payment has finally responded to him, claiming that the application fee was reversed. But I’m yet to figure out how to go about this case properly and what evidence to attach to my explanation. As it is now, I only have the application fee payment receipt with me.

Kindly advise please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by demz99: 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hello everyone, I’m so excited to have come across this platform. I submitted my application on the 30th of September and eligibility review started on the 20th of October. Wanted to ask how long it takes for the eligibility to be reviewed. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DejiiiiB: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nerd95:
My God, finally PPR has dropped, March Applicant.

Timeline:
Applied: March 9th
Biometrics: March 14th
Upfront Medicals: April 5th

June 14th: applied for GCMS Notes

........................... The long wait.
Sent mails to IRCC and MPs. All MPs said they couldn't help because I am not living in Canada.

Sent mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited, Nairobi office nor send my mail lol. Abuja sha replied and gave me a special link to raise a webform. I raised webforms tire, still no reply from IRCC.
Raised webforms, got generic responses.

September 1st: I requested for my school to send me a letter stating that I need to resume before September 18th, and that I am a funded research student. Letter arrived that same day.

September 19th: Admission was deferred to January start.

The wait was affecting me mentally. Had to take my mind off it to focus on my live.

September 28th: GCMS notes arrived. Says "Recommend Interview".

October 6th: Sent my new admission letter to IRCC stating that my admission has been deferred.

October 17th: woke up with a holy anger and send mails to IRCC requesting that my application be expedited because I think I have been unfairly treated by having to wait for 7months for a visa whereas others are getting theirs in 3 months.

TODAY OCTOBER 20TH: PPR & BVL Dropped.

Documents:
Admission letter
SOP
Funding letter.
My bank statement and that of my brother.
My payslip from my work place.
My employment letter.
My promotion letter at work.
My CV
My BSc certificate
My transcript
My NYSC certificate
Police Certificate
My mother's land survey doc
Picture of me, my brother and mum.
My brother's bank statement
My WAEC
My Age Declaration

My people, I am grateful to God. All the glory to Him.

Congratulations �

My own too go come soon insha allah

March 30th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2022
I received this twice

sos123:
mail i sent since oct 13th na now them reply. I just the mails back to back ooh... I want make them warn me, i don tire

Good day,

Thank you for your correspondence.

IRCC has seen an unprecedented volume of applications received for both initial study permits and extensions in 2022, not just from citizens of one country or region but on a global scale. We are making every effort to reduce wait times in our services globally.

We also highly encourage clients to check IRCC’s Processing Times to let them know how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past. It starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision. It may vary depending on the number of applications we receive and how complex they are to process. It is important to understand that processing times are estimates and may vary.

We know that some applicants have experienced significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we understand your frustration. We are working hard to process applications on time and reduce processing times. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Putting people first is at the core of how IRCC serves clients. We are committed to delivering seamless, quality services that works for everyone.

Regards,

Migration Office | Bureau de migration

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada (RTY)

P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya

www.kenya.gc.ca

www.canada.ca/immigration[/font]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ozzymugabe: 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2022
demz99:
Hello everyone, I’m so excited to have come across this platform. I submitted my application on the 30th of September and eligibility review started on the 20th of October. Wanted to ask how long it takes for the eligibility to be reviewed. Thank you very much.

Has IRCC updated your medicals? If yes, when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
I used Flywire to generate a tuition deposit invoice of $1119 (1500 cad) and Access bank charged me $45 in charges. Is this normal? I feel the charges are much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by demz99: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
No they haven’t updated my medicals. First update I got was eligibility review

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.