Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226771 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2022
hugapex:
PPR Post! What the enemy meant for evvil, God turned it around for my good.

Been busy with assignments because I am for fall resumption and resumed online smiley
Just getting myself guys! Been sleeping well since PPR... and busy with travel preparations too.
I wanted to type this long post at once with every detailed information.

Application Submitted: June 23
Biometrics: June 28
Upfront Medicals: July 15
Medical Passed: August 1
Eligibility: August 2
At this point, I prayerfully thought PPR would land August. It was emotionally tormenting as my resumption date was approaching.
Wanted to deferr but I too stubborn. grin Anyways, it was because my school refunds if you are denied visa. I weighed my options so I pushed on.
After several emails, I got several "Good day. We have high volumes, backlog... e.t.c." mails from Nrobi.
Spouse medical passed: Sep 10
Recent email October 31 "Your application is currently in process and pending review by an officer"
Approved: November 3

Duration:[/b]19 Weeks

Application for 2; Myself and Spouse

[b]DOCS SUBMITTED

Mpower Approved Loan
Guaranteed deposit to CIBC: 10,000CAD
MBS Business Bank Statement: 8 months inflow/outflow - around 200m; Balance: about 14m
Personal Account: 8 months inflow/outflow - 198m/197m; Balance - around 1m
Booked return flight ticket for spouse but couldn't meet travel date. (Just about 14% refunded because I didn't pay for a flexible plan)
Later paid Tuition fees for the fall semester of the first year. (I didn't pay at first because my Mpower covers all)
Not sure if it caused the delay. Mpower insists I must have Visa first before the disbursement of loan.

Spouse
Spouse work ID
Spouse Academic and Professional Profile, Curriculum Vitae.
Marriage certificates; Church and Court
Spouse NIN

To prove financial position in my country,
Company CAC
TAX document
Company vehicles
Submitted just 1 land document (Worth about just 1m) Just the deed of agreement. No Survey, no valuation.
Academic:
B.Sc. Academic Certificate and Online learning certificates
PMP, HSE,
IELTS (Expired)
GRE Test
Travel History: Vacay in Dubai, UAE

Home Ties
Pictures with parents, siblings, (with their NINs)
Spouse Home Ties: Pictures with parents, siblings, Work ID as executive in our company
NGO: Letter from my NGO stating I am travelling for further studies and my duties will be delegated pending my return..
Company: Business profile, CAC, Staff IDs, Website domain purchased, Plans for mobile app integration on return.

Thank you @MikeDimeji for guiding me selflessly through all the steps without complaints. Thank you @Oluwanishore for your input when I was at the crossroad of choosing to use the new or old portal(I used GCkey/Old Portal). Thank you @CharitoJames for the prayers and good wishes. (Rooting for you. Please reapply when you can) @7COLORS your PPR is this week! Everyone waiting for PPR, I I pray God answers you speedingly.
To everyone else who answered my questions and contribute to this thread always, thank you too.

It was quite hard to fight the feeling of doubts and uncertainties. Your "life" could even feel its in a halt.
Guys, if you feel these during your waiting time, keep on praying with your spouse and give thanks everyday.
If you are single, please speak and pray with someone whom your mind is in sync with. Be it siblings, parents, friends or even visit this thread.

Plus: My documents were not perfect as compared to some others on this thread. No two application is the same. Please do not be discouraged by the lots of documents you see on this thread. Submit what you can according to the visa application requirements, and don't "doctor" documents in any form. Not even receipts, invoices or whatever.

Try to meet the minimum requirements then God will help you.

Wow!!!! This is wonderful news! Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
burk:
My people, good evening. Please i need your professional advise. i have a 3 years visitor visa to canada and i want to apply for study permit to attend school for a Masters program.

Please is it possible to apply inside Canada or i apply from Nigeria. If apply from Nigeria what will i be applying for as i already have the visitor visa. Please help your brother.

It is possible to apply from inside Canada - a family friend did this late last year.
If applying from Nigeria, its study permit you'll be applying for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
hugapex:

Been busy with assignments because I am for fall resumption and resumed online smiley
Just getting myself guys! Been sleeping well since PPR... and busy with travel preparations too.

At this point, I prayerfully thought PPR would land August. It was emotionally tormenting as my resumption date was approaching.
Wanted to deferr but I too stubborn. grin Anyways, it was because my school refunds if you are denied visa. I weighed my options so I pushed on.
After several emails, I got several "Good day. We have high volumes, backlog... e.t.c." mails from Nrobi.
Recent email October 31 "Your application is currently in process and pending review by an officer"

[b]DOCS SUBMITTED

Mpower Approved Loan
MBS Business Bank Statement: 8 months inflow/outflow - around 200m; Balance: about 14m
Booked return flight ticket for spouse but couldn't meet travel date. (Just about 14% refunded because I didn't pay for a flexible plan)
Later paid Tuition fees for the fall semester of the first year. (I didn't pay at first because my Mpower covers all)
Not sure if it caused the delay. Mpower insists I must have Visa first before the disbursement of loan.

Spouse
Spouse work ID
Spouse NIN

Company CAC
TAX document
Company vehicles
Submitted just 1 land document (Worth about just 1m) Just the deed of agreement. No Survey, no valuation.
Academic:
PMP, HSE,
IELTS (Expired)
GRE Test

Home Ties
Spouse Home Ties: Pictures with parents, siblings, Work ID as executive in our company
NGO: Letter from my NGO stating I am travelling for further studies and my duties will be delegated pending my return..
Company: Business profile, CAC, Staff IDs, Website domain purchased, Plans for mobile app integration on return.

Thank you @MikeDimeji for guiding me selflessly through all the steps without complaints. Thank you @Oluwanishore for your input when I was at the crossroad of choosing to use the new or old portal(I used GCkey/Old Portal). Thank you @CharitoJames for the prayers and good wishes. (Rooting for you. Please reapply when you can) @7COLORS your PPR is this week! Everyone waiting for PPR, I I pray God answers you speedingly.
To everyone else who answered my questions and contribute to this thread always, thank you too.

It was quite hard to fight the feeling of doubts and uncertainties. Your "life" could even feel its in a halt.
Guys, if you feel these during your waiting time, keep on praying with your spouse and give thanks everyday.
If you are single, please speak and pray with someone whom your mind is in sync with. Be it siblings, parents, friends or even visit this thread.

Plus: My documents were not perfect as compared to some others on this thread. No two application is the same. Please do not be discouraged by the lots of documents you see on this thread. Submit what you can according to the visa application requirements, and don't "doctor" documents in any form. Not even receipts, invoices or whatever.

Congratulations dear. Your wait is over finally

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by burk: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
Thanks bro. I will try and look for a school then apply insie Canada. I was thinking its not doable. Thanks fo this information.

It is possible to apply from inside Canada - a family friend did this late last year.
If applying from Nigeria, its study permit you'll be applying for. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
Congratulations.God never fails.God you are in my neighbourhood please answer me this week Amen. June 23rd Applicant .

hugapex:

[b]DOCS SUBMITTED

Mpower Approved Loan

Spouse
Spouse work ID
Spouse NIN

Company CAC
TAX document
Company vehicles
Academic:
PMP, HSE,
IELTS (Expired)
GRE Test

Home Ties

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
kweje:

Dear 7COLOUS,
This is one PPR I have being looking out for. Looking forward to celebrate you SOONEST.

Amen! Many thanks.

See me shining my teeth here lol.

I can't thank you enough Kweje

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
tlk2Prince:
Yea sure I will…

Did you try to track it? If you don’t get an sms they will just give a dismissive response that you should wait for their sms. I saw people get such responses on Thursday while I was there in Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
[quote author=Queenfunlola post=118169309][/quote]

My spouse study permit took 13weeks while my SOWP took 12 weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
Chechem:

Thanks very much. I will PM you now.

However, I am a senior officer in one of my State's parastatals and I have some undeveloped lands as properties, isn't that ties enough?

Considering your case, it is far from sufficient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
perfectbecky:
I dreamt of your PPR � so funny how I remembered your name vividly in my dreams...I pray it comes to pass..Amen

Really? Wow!!!!

This ppr must come in Jesus name ooo

I appreciate all the love, care and concern I'm getting here.

God bless you all and may we all have reasons to celebrate in Jesus name.

Thanks Perfectbecky

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sambless2013: 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2022
Please I need help.
I want to use gift deed from my mum after refusal based on finance.
Who has a good knowledge to share...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
olokings:
ooh okie.

wetin i know be say i no pay anyteen weh i enter ooh. and i carry two large bag o' stuff (food, condiments, et al) and dem no charge me....

lol

Lol. Okay grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
jaydave:
Any problem if one prints and sign on the necessary place relating to one’s profile among the part a, b & c ?
Did ircc indicate one shouldn’t print out d family form if u are applying via online route ?
I just wanna know cos I printed out my own family form and signed where necessary cos there’s a community on twitter that tweeps are saying it can printed out n sign

It's easier for them to copy and paste the information with no errors when we don't print. I know people who got PPR without printing and signing.

If IRCC wanted us to sign the form, they would have made it possible for us to sign as they did for the 2d barcode form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Karishma(f): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
On this issue of sponsorship. Is it better to have your sponsor submit their account showing the fund or is it better to have the money moved to you account with a gift deed? Please those with experience, which one is preferable?.
And for a post NYSC person traveling for school, single with no kids, what will you advise as ties to country please.
Thanks.

sambless2013:
Please I need help.
I want to use gift deed from my mum after refusal based on finance.
Who has a good knowledge to share...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onaliaku: 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
My response is for #2

Please be truthfull in your application, fill out everything on the spouse section. Don't leave that space blank because it will be a misrepresentation and they will deem you for not being truthfull and that there's more you're hiding. In the form they are only requesting for your family member info not conditions they're in their status. You can now not bring her in your letter of explanation and every other supporting documents.

As for family ties, do you have kids, Parents, assets (company, land etc).

Chechem:
Please house,
No one has answered my questions,

1. I was growing my account for the purpose of applying until something happened and I used it and it got depleted. But my brother will be my sponsor, he has the resources, so I don't know if I must also have money in my account before my application will fly? Or must a transfer fund into my account?

2. My wife is a permanent resident in Canada, she can't sponsor me through spousal visa because she is still under a ban and I intend to also state the fact of my wife being a permanent resident. Or should I leave it out? I don't know if it will affect the VO decision that I may not want to come back after my studies...

3. I have gotten admission, the 2 above-mentioned need clarification before I can continue.

4. Also can someone help me with sample of a letter of identification, a letter of recommendation, study leave a letter.

@Makano, @ Frankrobbn. Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 12:45am On Nov 07, 2022
olufunbi:
Congratulations.God never fails.God you are in my neighbourhood please answer me this week Amen. June 23rd Applicant .

Your PPR news is this week...

Congrats in advance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sean9014: 4:41am On Nov 07, 2022
Please what university did you apply to or use?

hugapex:

[b]DOCS SUBMITTED

Mpower Approved Loan

Spouse
Spouse work ID
Spouse NIN

Company CAC
TAX document
Company vehicles
Academic:
PMP, HSE,
IELTS (Expired)
GRE Test

Home Ties

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sean9014: 4:44am On Nov 07, 2022
Please does anyone know any college or university with No application fee?

i would appreciate if its confirmed cos there are a lot of information about free application but its incorrect when you check.

Please help!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2022
Yea I tracked it and its being forwarded to Canada visa office… Another waiting lol
Profgordons:

Did you try to track it? If you don’t get an sms they will just give a dismissive response that you should wait for their sms. I saw people get such responses on Thursday while I was there in Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2022
Please gurus, who knows well about Toronto school of management because I took the exams and passed.I’m about to pay for initial tuition fee by Wednesday this week but the problem is NO PGWP at the Canada immigration.Pls what does it means and can it affect me?

My program is Advanced diploma in hospitality and tourism management.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TiggyAce(m): 7:13am On Nov 07, 2022
Sean9014:
Please does anyone know any college or university with No application fee?

i would appreciate if its confirmed cos there are a lot of information about free application but its incorrect when you check.

Please help!!

Toronto school of management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2022
Profgordons:

My spouse study permit took 13weeks while my SOWP took 12 weeks.

Ok thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 8:00am On Nov 07, 2022
TiggyAce:
Please gurus, who knows well about Toronto school of management because I took the exams and passed.I’m about to pay for initial tuition fee by Wednesday this week but the problem is NO PGWP at the Canada immigration.Pls what does it means and can it affect me?

My program is Advanced diploma in hospitality and tourism management.Thanks

don’t apply to any sch that does not have PGWP, after your study your stay CANNOT be extended. You will be sent back home .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pazzenjer: 8:54am On Nov 07, 2022
olokings:
i replied you but it returned a failed delivery.

@olokings, do you have a fast track for form A. Please link me up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 8:59am On Nov 07, 2022
tlk2Prince:
Yea I tracked it and its being forwarded to Canada visa office… Another waiting lol

I've submitted for a week now & it's still saying it's on transit to IRCC. Lol. Does it matter really?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 8:59am On Nov 07, 2022
If it’s for copy n paste purpose then no p..I’m glad grin … d form was filled online i only printed out to sign , I uploaded it bk to d system as pdf docs , same pdf format as if it wasn’t printed out
bepositive11:

It's easier for them to copy and paste the information with no errors when we don't print. I know people who got PPR without printing and signing.

If IRCC wanted us to sign the form, they would have made it possible for us to sign as they did for the 2d barcode form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Segun7201: 9:13am On Nov 07, 2022
Good day everyone
Still gathering all the gist about my PPR will give you guys full details fr nov 2021 got PPR on oct 4 finally my passport is back.

My IOM medical as expired need to do , new test... Please anyone with the current charge of iom student medical? Note above 18

Also anyone moving to toronto this December

Will be glad if you can chat me up +2348123158720

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chuksinfotech: 9:18am On Nov 07, 2022
WESTERNCR:
Have you gotten your passport back from VFS?

Not Yet ooh, it is 17 days now ooh, the thing taya me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2022
Hello, I'd rather not disclose my email address on a public platform, but I sent you a mail request already. grin
Superyettie242:

Hello, I also applied to centennial college for winter 2023. Can I get your email address

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2022
chuksinfotech:

Not Yet ooh, it is 17 days now ooh, the thing taya me

Please how is your PPR request letter like? Did they specify a particular location/place for you to send your passport to? Or just the nearest VFS center?

The reason I'm asking is to confirm if one can collect the visa from another country
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 9:27am On Nov 07, 2022
Lol, thank you very much
Kikivanxx:

Book flight and enter the plane.

You don’t even need mask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 9:27am On Nov 07, 2022
Okay, thank you
jaydave:
They totally lifted their Covid restriction since October

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.