Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215026 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deebee13(f): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pace6:

Congratulations to you and yours. You really tapped well.

cheesy I sure did!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
blueberryacres:
Hi guys,
When i get my study permit by the grace of God, can i enter Canada more than a month before my date of resumption?
Also, what is enrollment letter? My friend that left early this month said the airport people were stressing him out because he didn’t have it and they nearly sent him back.

Yes you can enter Canada more than a month before your start date, but note that you won’t work as it’s illegal to do so.

Enrollment letter is a document given to you by your college to show that you have been enrolled into a DLI in Canada.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
LauraP:
I got admission into Lambton college(Mississauga campus, sept intake)

Nice one. Please does Lambton college waiver English language proficiency for Nigerians?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Manydethink: 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
I tap into this blessing in Jesus name . Amen. Congratulations....

Good morning house!

It's PPR for me!
July 2022 applicant
Centennial college, Toronto.

Submitted- July 18, 2022
Biometrics- July 28, 2022
Upfront medicals-April 2022
Medicals passed-November 21, 2022
PPR- January 13, 2023

Turns out my PPR was out as at the time I made the statement in quote, but I didn't get to know because I used an agent!

I also don't know when, or if eligibility started or passed. The agent is not the communicating type.

I gave them a whole lot of documents, I don't know exactly which was used, or not.

Bottom line is, IT ENDED IN PRAISE!!!

Thank you to everyone on this page who kept reassuring those waiting, it meant a lot coming on here to celebrate with others and get hopeful for my expectations!

For those still waiting, hold on, be strong, cos what God cannot do does not exist!!!

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biodex58(m): 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hello guys, please it's urgent. The middle name on my waec certificate and year date of birth is different from the one on my passport. I want to ask if there's going to be any problem when applying for admission. Will I submit my passport data page along side with my waec certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hello, Someone should please help answer this
Can I do a walk-in to collect my passport even if I used DHL to send my passport to VFS? If I can, what do I need to show them as evidence when I get there?

Does this message mean my stamped ppt is ready and I can now go get it.
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID ------------ has been received from the IRCC Office on Mon Jan 16 2023 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by User00711: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
Timonline:
Good Morning everyone and a Blissful Happy new year. This post will be long but I need you to help me pay attention. I am putting this information for people who are experiencing delays with their application and who've tried to communicate via email without having any progress. An acquaintance of mine showed me how to call ircc call center agents in Ottawa from Nigeria here using Viber app. Download the Viber app from Google or apple appstore and register with your number.

Before following the steps to make a call to ircc in Ottawa send a mail to these addresses individually;
abuja@international.gc.ca

Abuja-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

abujag@international.gc.ca

In the email input your name uci and application number. Explain your current situation in the situation. When they get the mail a prompt will be placed on your application for the visa officer to look at it.
These are the steps;
Step 1:
Call this number with the Viber app: +1-800-267-6788, it's ircc client call center number.
Step 2:
Press 1 to use the service in English.
Step 3:
Press 2 to connect to ircc
Step 4: after connection to ircc, you would listen to a message for about 30 seconds just be patient till they tell you the buttons to press. You'll be asked to input your uci number if you have, just to save time press 2 that you do not have a uci. Although when you connect to the client call center agent he/she will ask you to provide your application details which includes application number, uci number and other relevant information.
Point to note: if you're calling in for someone you'll have to fill in the ircc imm5455 consent form.

Step 5:
after step 4, you'll listen another message again like step 4 be patient till they tell you which numbers to press. press 3
Step 6:
after that the next number you'll press is 1 to talk to make enquiry about your study permit application or press 2 to make an enquiry about your PR application.
Step 7: the final number to press is 0 to speak to an agent.
Point note : the client support center opens by 1pm. Nigerian time. So it's best to start calling them by 12:45pm so you can be in the queue and wouldn't have to wait too long. I tried this process and it worked for me after Months of sending mails and webforms. Even getting a gcms note now is daunting task because ATIP In Canada is finding it hard to give people their gcms notes, I feel they are understaffed and overwhelmed. When you get connected to the Call ask for an enquiry, they will give you details on the current stage of your application but don't ask when they'll make a decision on your application, they don't have any information about that and they wouldn't even tell you honestly. There it is guys I know this post is very long but please bear with me when this method worked for me I had to come here to spread the information, I hope you get your ppr sooner. Let me put a screenshot of my application to show you the how I got for my ppr, I hope it inspires you as well.

Congratulations! How long did it take from when you called them to get PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pls house I have submitted my application since 30th September 2022. Biometric 6th October 2022, biometric passed same day. Ever since then, I haven’t gotten any information or notification on my page. What should I do from here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kanekade:

Scroll down that page, you’ll find the new message where the IRCC documents are. Use a laptop preferably
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
Your application has passed the normal processing time. Have your tried sending webforms and emails to IRCC requesting your application status? If you haven't, try sending webform and email. You can also order your GCMS notes to know what is happening on your application. If you haven't done your medicals, would advise you go for it if you are resuming anytime soon.
harkintem:
Pls house I have submitted my application since 30th September 2022. Biometric 6th October 2022, biometric passed same day. Ever since then, I haven’t gotten any information or notification on my page. What should I do from here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by saucekid50: 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hello guys,

Pls can I apply for a for a postgraduate course with a degree from Benin republic. It was fully taken in English.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yupong: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pls gurus in the house

I'm December 5th 2022 applicant
Biometric updated December 7 2022
Medical update to pass January 10th
Eligibility review started January 10th
Till now no decision

Pls Can I start sending webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maychic: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
We r on the same ship, submitted application 8th September , biometrics 18th September which was uploaded, medical 8 August, since den nothing. Las las It will end in praise
harkintem:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aji2000(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2023
deebee13:

Good morning house!

It's PPR for me!
July 2022 applicant
Centennial college, Toronto.

Submitted- July 18, 2022
Biometrics- July 28, 2022
Upfront medicals-April 2022
Medicals passed-November 21, 2022
PPR- January 13, 2023

Turns out my PPR was out as at the time I made the statement in quote, but I didn't get to know because I used an agent!

I also don't know when, or if eligibility started or passed. The agent is not the communicating type.

I gave them a whole lot of documents, I don't know exactly which was used, or not.

Bottom line is, IT ENDED IN PRAISE!!!

Thank you to everyone on this page who kept reassuring those waiting, it meant a lot coming on here to celebrate with others and get hopeful for my expectations!

For those still waiting, hold on, be strong, cos what God cannot do does not exist!!!

Whao! congratulations to you, I say a big amen to your prayers, August 18 applicant waiting to testify.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Boovyspookyann: 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
A group has been created for people that applied to memorial university Newfoundland and are awaiting admission so that we can connect and help each other if you are interested send me an email so that I can add you to the group

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Yupong:
Pls gurus in the house

Till now no decision

It’s not up to 9 weeks
I suggest you wait a little
I also submitted in December
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
Yupong:
Pls gurus in the house

Till now no decision

When is your school resumption date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harrymanbet: 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
Positiveme2020:
The Storm is over, PPR Just landed today.
But I will resume At Conestoga By September 2023.
Appreciation goes to @lekebobe.

Please can you whatsapp me on +234 904 938 2316
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blueberryacres: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hi again guys,
What’s the difference between old portal and new portal? Which one is better to use? And please leave links to both.
Also, if anyone could send a sample of the SoP to blueberryacres38@gmail.com as I’m now really confused.
Thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
Jeremiah 29:11
It will end in praise smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
We gather the same boat oooo, August 11.

aji2000:

Whao! congratulations to you, I say a big amen to your prayers, August 18 applicant waiting to testify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cellophane: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=NGOZIGLORI post=119985915]I just sent my application to Holland college for fall 2023. Am equally a novice too
Good morning

What’s your number or email let’s chat please my is 09123076767
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
harrymanbet:

Please can you whatsapp me on +234 904 938 2316

It's better we chat here as someone more knowledgeable can stumble on this post and provide better input than me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Yupong:

Congratulations, I'm happy u

Pls your timeline and documents submitted

Here is the story, I had two declines when I applied for visit visas November 2021 and Feb 2022. Then I decided to go through study. The timeline is:

27th April 2022 upfront medical Abuja ( I had additional medical request on July when my sputum test can out successfully)

3rd Nov,2021 Biometric at Abuja

3rd or 4th May, 2022 submitted First study permit.
Long wait no medical update .

4th August 2022, I received a declined letter.

Reason : Insufficient fund

I quickly rearrange my sop and transferred all my fund at stannic mutual to GTB and I paid my fully school fees tuition.

9th August 2022, sent in new application
Another long wait. So I had to defered my study to September 2023.

23rd December ,2022 , medical update to passed

15th January 2023 , final decision PPR.

This is just brief , I really had sleepless night during that medical because I was told my x-ray results has problem( according to them my lungs are not clear)
But to God be the glory everything went fine.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KingCassy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Ilerioluwamercy:
46500!!!

Thanks bro…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KingCassy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Peace634244:

It’s 46500 for Adults and you can do it at iom abuja or Qlife Abuja... you can as well check their website

Thanks brother… I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vickmaple: 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Biodex58:
Hello guys, please it's urgent. The middle name on my waec certificate and year date of birth is different from the one on my passport. I want to ask if there's going to be any problem when applying for admission. Will I submit my passport data page along side with my waec certificate?
You will need to submit your passport data page along side your waec depending on the admission requirements of the school you are applying to

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vickmaple: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vickmaple:

You will need to submit your passport data page along side your waec depending on the admission requirements of the school you are applying to
Pls who else will be attending fanshawe college September 2023 intake? Got few questions to ask....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biodex58(m): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Vickmaple
Can affidavit solve this problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blueberryacres: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sorry for the repeat it’s really urgent
Hi again guys,
What’s the difference between old portal and new portal? Which one is better to use? And please leave links to both.
Also, if anyone could send a sample of the SoP to blueberryacres38@gmail.com as I’m now really confused.
Thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KingCassy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Peace634244:

It’s 46500 for Adults and you can do it at iom abuja or Qlife Abuja... you can as well check their website

I’ve booked with iom Abj … but I noticed something here… almost everybody I’m seeing here doing upfront medical… did the Medicaid months before going for biometrics.. I saw someone that did his medical here in April and went for biometrics on July… but mine.. I want to do my upfront medicals a day after my biometrics… is this really possible pls… cause I don’t want to make mistakes..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
blueberryacres:
Sorry for the repeat it’s really urgent
Hi again guys,
Thank you very much!

I think the best thing to do is to ask someone if you can DM them, you the one looking for assistance instead of asking the person who wants to assist you to DM you. Confused about what exactly?

Old portal allows you to submit merged documents of at most 4mb while the new portal is just 2mb.

Old portal allows you to apply for family while on the new portal, you can’t.

Type on google, GCKEY for old portal.

New portal: Generate invitation code with this link
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Then proceed to apply with
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Type on the search bar samples of SOP, you should be able to get some.

Peace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.