Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215428 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:46am On Jan 17, 2023
eseh1:
Pls my cousin's resumption was suppose to be Jan 13th, PPR came out Jan 09th and we are yet to receive the passport back from Abuja.

The school is saying he should defer the admission to September as he was unable to meet up with the resumption date in January. He has already booked his flight for month end.

Please have any1 been in this situation? Can he go to Canada if his passport comes back before end of the month as he has already booked his flight for month end?

Will he be allowed to be in canada till September?...

Please kindly advise.

Yes he can, but how will he pay his bills without working till September? That’s what the immigration officer will like to know at the port of entry. Working is illegal until you must have started classes.

And note that some airlines will ask for enrollment letter before boarding.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilerioluwamercy: 8:55am On Jan 17, 2023
hahahahah ,,

him dey faith am that time!!!

TradeSunMoore:

But you stated somewhere back your PPR was 31st December?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biodex58(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2023
A group has been created for people that applied to grenfell Campus undergraduate program for spring semester(may)2023 and are awaiting admission so that we can connect and help each other if you are interested send me an email so that I can add you to the group

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by confido2017: 9:35am On Jan 17, 2023
Good morning, please l want to apply for University of Manitoba for Sept.

I already have a B.Sc degree it's 3rd class. My agent advice l can go for undergraduate U1 program. I am 40+.

What are the chances of getting Visa?

I need ur advice plsssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2023
Good morning guys, pls does anyone have the phone number of IOM Lagos? The one on their site is not reachable. Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseh1(f): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2023
Thank you.
Leadforteservic:
He can write to the school for extension of deadline to be allowed to resume late (only do this when the visa is out and can be scanned an attached to the mail as evidence that it's ready).

Yes he can travel to Canada early even if his school is resuming September but at the point of entry he may be asked his reason for coming early and also proof he has sufficient funds to take care of himself as he came early
*Note that he is not allowed to work till he resumes*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eseh1(f): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2023
Thank you.
Pace6:

Yes he can, but how will he pay his bills without working till September? That’s what the immigration officer will like to know at the port of entry. Working is illegal until you must have started classes.

And note that some airlines will ask for enrollment letter before boarding.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehindeafolabi: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2023
rahmeekadigz:
PPR finally
Second time applicant..
Family of 2
Sowp for spouse.
Application Submitted September 20th
Medical request December 29th
Medical done January 12th and passed January 14th
PPr This morning January 16th

Congratulations! I was refused yesterday with my baby just 10 days after I submitted my application. Please did you go about it the second time. Kindly send me your email address or mail me pls
kehindeafolabi644@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kehindeafolabi: 10:01am On Jan 17, 2023
Positiveme2020:

Here is the story, I had two declines when I applied for visit visas November 2021 and Feb 2022. Then I decided to go through study. The timeline is:

27th April 2022 upfront medical Abuja ( I had additional medical request on July when my sputum test can out successfully)

3rd Nov,2021 Biometric at Abuja

3rd or 4th May, 2022 submitted First study permit.
Long wait no medical update .

4th August 2022, I received a declined letter.

Reason : Insufficient fund

I quickly rearrange my sop and transferred all my fund at stannic mutual to GTB and I paid my fully school fees tuition.

9th August 2022, sent in new application
Another long wait. So I had to defered my study to September 2023.

23rd December ,2022 , medical update to passed

15th January 2023 , final decision PPR.

This is just brief , I really had sleepless night during that medical because I was told my x-ray results has problem( according to them my lungs are not clear)
But to God be the glory everything went fine.

Congratulations. I tap from this!
Your story is like mine. I had one declined for visit 2020 and I was refused again yesterday for study. Please how did you do it this time. Just tired of the whole process. Please mail me kehindeafolabi644@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2023
Good morning guys, pls does anyone have the phone number of IOM Lagos? The one on their site is not reachable. Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 10:24am On Jan 17, 2023
confido2017:
Good morning, please l want to apply for University of Manitoba for Sept.

I already have a B.Sc degree it's 3rd class. My agent advice l can go for undergraduate U1 program. I am 40+.

What are the chances of getting Visa?

I need ur advice plsssssss

Apply to any school accepting third class for a reasonable career progression post graduate certificate. But if you the one drafting your SOP and you are confidence of convincing the VO why BSC at this age after a first degree instead you can shoot your shot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 10:27am On Jan 17, 2023
Kehindeafolabi:

Congratulations! I was refused yesterday with my baby just 10 days after I submitted my application. Please did you go about it the second time. Kindly send me your email address or mail me pls

There should be a reason for your refusal, share your note here and let Gurus scan thru or better still order your GCMS note to know the real reason for been rejected after 10 days. I believe there’s a lot of loopholes in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yaltz: 10:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Which visa application center (VAC) is faster between lagos and Abuja for visa stamping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 10:45am On Jan 17, 2023
Sent
Kehindeafolabi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by flory10: 10:45am On Jan 17, 2023
send IOM lagos an email instead. Its hard reaching them by phone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by confido2017: 10:53am On Jan 17, 2023
Olashile147:

Apply to any school accepting third class for a reasonable career progression post graduate certificate. But if you the one drafting your SOP and you are confidence of convincing the VO why BSC at this age after a first degree instead you can shoot your shot.

Thanks a million. I just discussed with a friend who had tried Canada for Post graduate and he sd "l have to check the School then connect with a Professor with the intention of writing Project on a Topic before l can be admitted".

Canada Application fees you pay so the chances of applying to plenty Schools is rule out.

Pls do through more light, my first degree was Accounting but now want to switch to Nursing. How do l go about this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 11:03am On Jan 17, 2023
confido2017:

Thanks a million. I just discussed with a friend who had tried Canada for Post graduate and he sd "l have to check the School then connect with a Professor with the intention of writing Project on a Topic before l can be admitted".

Canada Application fees you pay so the chances of applying to plenty Schools is rule out.

Pls do through more light, my first degree was Accounting but now want to switch to Nursing. How do l go about this. Thanks

Let people who have gone in that trend advise you, I’m not in any way around the medical line so I don’t even know how to seek for the admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 11:09am On Jan 17, 2023
I e-mailed them yesterday but no response yet.

flory10:
send IOM lagos an email instead. Its hard reaching them by phone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2023
Gilb231:
It’s been 41 days since I submitted my passport to IRCC. I don’t understand the reason for the delay. I’ve really lost a lot to this delay.

Have you gotten the passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danowena: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2023
chithec:

Yes they do
But you need to show your personal fund too

I am about applying and would like to use you as the person that referred me (in case there is an incentive to you.)

They need your name and e-mail (if you don't mind). I will hold on till i hear from you as i should give to ceaser what is ceaser's.
You can send it to 08xxxxxxxxxx on whatsapp.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2023
lamash:

So I finally got CBSA notes yesterday. Nothing concrete. Please someone should help interprete what I attached. Summary is also below:

Eligibility: Recomend Interview
Criminality: Passed
Other Req: Not Started
Information Sharing: Complete
Medicals: Passed
Application Assignment due date: 30/12/2022

I think as a suggestion before ordering for CBSA or GCMS wait till its passed processing time of 9weeks. I ordered mine after 5 weeks mayb that's why it's not yet detailed even tou medicals was passed and eligibility has started before I ordered.

What does information sharing mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
Amen, Congratulations to you boss

Lookingback:

You will get it soon , I applied 9th August, I got PPR 15jan 2023. So it's coming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HustlingKnight: 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
Omo.. I need lot of help o.. embarassed cry

I can only afford to pay for the school fees and one year living expenses.

Dunno how to go about the PoF.

And more importantly.. I've been seeing people rejected for insufficient funds or home ties and it's kinda scary.

Just applied to Usasks. Also plan on applying to a few other schools before the month run out.

My issh now is how to work on the PoF.

I've been digesting everything on this thread so far but I just think it's better I ask so I can get the latest help.

Also.. If there's a group for Usasks Sep 2023.. Please let me know so I can drop my number.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
2kurupt:

Nice one. Please does Lambton college waiver English language proficiency for Nigerians?

DM of you need help applying to lambton college, Toronto or Sarnia campus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lamash: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Winnerpoks:

What does information sharing mean?

Your details will be shared with top 3 Countries, i think. UK, US and Australia to find out if u didn't lie about any visa denials or something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeffi7: 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Pls what documents are required for in person pick up of passport at VFS Abuja?

What time dovfs Abuja opens and closes daily?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kadal:

Hi.. Have you gotten your passports ? If yes when and what was the reason for delay?

Are you also experiencing delay In receiving your passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kehindeafolabi:

Thsi was so fast? What documents did you submit and did you have sufficient balance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojukwudfugitive: 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello folks,
Pls where can I find letter of introduction in my portal? I have not received the letter of introduction such my passport was stamped a week ago.
I have sent many webforms to IRCC, all to no avail.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2023
danowena:

I am about applying and would like to use you as the person that referred me (in case there is an incentive to you.)

They need your name and e-mail (if you don't mind). I will hold on till i hear from you as i should give to ceaser what is ceaser's.
You can send it to 08112404948 on whatsapp.
Awww.Thanks
Sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kehindeafolabi:

What documents did you submit.

You can share so someone here might help you spot where the issue came from.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jojocrawch: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Good afternoon fellow perspective Canadian students
Anyone going to Cape Breton university kindly send me an email for data exchange.

Warm Regards,
Josh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.