Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239410 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 11:40am On Mar 04, 2023
Pls house my sponsor is using first bank am about to use his account for POF buh the bank told me dia soft copy doesn't have electronic sign and stamped they all they do is provide soft copy but it won't be signed and stamped unless I wud get the hardcopy and scan which wud be bulky and stressful..pls wahh do u advice I do can I use the soft copy like that or what

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
Republic001:
Pls house my sponsor is using first bank am about to use his account for POF buh the bank told me dia soft copy doesn't have electronic sign and stamped they all they do is provide soft copy but it won't be signed and stamped unless I wud get the hardcopy and scan which wud be bulky and stressful..pls wahh do u advice I do can I use the soft copy like that or what

Tell them to do MBS- MyBankStatement.

It’s the most easiest and it’s highly recommended
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dayjeee(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
Aminatola:

Please how did you apply, I filled the online application and upload supporting documents. I am trying to pay application fee using flywire but there is a column for student ID which I dont have. How do I get my student ID
You can use payday dollar card to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2023
coolangel54:
Yes,

Blood and urine analysis, chest x-ray and general body examination.

Okay thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blessedbest: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2023
Please this proof of funds thing must the money be in the account for about four months before I apply for the visa,or it can be in the account like some weeks or days before I apply for the visa.please help,I am really confused..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
blessedbest:
Please this proof of funds thing must the money be in the account for about four months before I apply for the visa,or it can be in the account like some weeks or days before I apply for the visa.please help,I am really confused..

Ideally a 4-months bank statement is required which should show a balanced, well-explained inflow of funds.
However if lump sums come into the account, you can do well to explain the source of the funds and importantly provide proofs/evidences of the source of funds.

Then you can also explore the options of GIC. This one does not require the funds to stay there for 4Months

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blessedbest: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
Welsh2np:

Ideally a 4-months bank statement is required which should show a balanced, well-explained inflow of funds.
However if lump sums come into the account, you can do well to explain the source of the funds and importantly provide proofs/evidences of the source of funds.

Then you can also explore the options of GIC. This one does not require the funds to stay there for 4Months

Thank you so much for your response.Please how does the option of GIC work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lordlugard91: 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
You have to submit both the old and New Passport , the immigration Officer will issue you the two 2 years Study permit on your new passport. There is no issue since you have gotten a new passport.

kokoromaster9:
Hello house. My student visa is stamped on my old passport which will expire in 7months, automatically it’s 7months that’s stamped on my old passport and my program is for 2yrs. So now i just received my new passport (reissued). Upon getting to Canada I’ll present both the old passport with visa on it plus my new passport - now my question is, (1) will the officer give me a new visa on my new passport? (2) will my study permit indicates 7months which is on d old passport or it will indicates 2yrs+ which is my initial program duration…. (3) Or I need to apply to extend my study permit Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
Good afternoon everyone.

How much is study permit fee equivalent in US dollars and naira?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2023
Best256:
Good afternoon everyone.

How much is study permit fee equivalent in US dollars and naira?

Thanks

Google can help you.
And also depending if you’re doing official rate or black market rate.

The rate in CAD is $150 for study permit application fee plus $85 for biometrics( that’s for fresh applications).

So you can use google to do your conversion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2023
Tell them you want “my bank statement Ticket “ they will send it to the embassy and give you just a page print out containing the password
Republic001:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2023
Welsh2np:

Google can help you.
And also depending if you’re doing official rate or black market rate.

The rate in CAD is $150 for study permit application fee plus $85 for biometrics( that’s for fresh applications).

So you can use google to do your conversion
I know the fees in Canadian dollars. It's the equivalent in US dollars and naira, is the issue. Don't know if I'm to use official exchange rate or black market. Someone said black market so I'm a bit confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
Best256:

I know the fees in Canadian dollars. It's equivalent in US dollars and naira, is the issue. Don't know if I'm to use official exchange rate or black market. Someone said black market so I'm a bit confused.

You are not transferring the money to them la.

You’re using a credit/debit card to pay.

So just have somewhere around USD $120 or #90,000 (Naira) in either of the cards you want to use.
This amount is around CAD$150.

So if you’re paying for the biometric too (that’ll be CAD $235) then have somewhere around USD $180 or around #135,000 Naira.

When you pay with a debit card, they’ll debit and you’ll know how much they charged.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2023
Welsh2np:

You are not transferring the money to them la.

You’re using a credit/debit card to pay.

So just have somewhere around USD $120 or #90,000 (Naira) in either of the cards you want to use.
This amount is around CAD$150.

So if you’re paying for the biometric too (that’ll be CAD $235) then have somewhere around USD $180 or around #135,000 Naira.

When you pay with a debit card, they’ll debit and you’ll know how much they charged.

Okay, thank you very much, I really appreciate this info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2023
Do they ask for proof of funds at the port of entry?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tanna01: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2023
Urgent Pls
What does this Question 4 imply?
I'm stuck here. Please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
Drepee:
what about Nigerian airport...those guys are not to be trusted

They didn't ask when I travelled and I didn't do a vaccination card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
ANGELAFELIX:
Do they ask for proof of funds at the port of entry?

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mostflourishing: 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
CoalSilver006:
Please who’s going to conestoga college?? Can you please send me a message

I am ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackmandreams: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
coolangel54:
I really have no idea but I think the answer is YES.

Google gave me this: The North Okanagan region is situated between the Okanagan Valley and the Shuswap, in the interior of British Columbia, stretching from Vernon in the south to Grindrod in the north.

I believe the best way to get there is by using a local flight it’s about 50mins flight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teejackz11009: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2023
Oldfashioned145:

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't

Do we print it or they can check from phone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lovexchi: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

Focus on college!! Canadian universities typically require a bachelor's degree or its equivalent for admission to a master's program. In Canada, a bachelor's degree typically requires four years of study. A Higher National Diploma (HND) and a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) are generally considered to be at a level lower than a bachelor's degree.

some universities in Canada may consider applicants with HND and PGD qualifications for admission to a master's program, provided that they meet additional requirements such as relevant work experience, additional coursework, or standardized test scores (such as the GRE or GMAT).

It is advisable to check with the specific university and program you are interested in to determine their specific eligibility criteria for admission to a master's program. You can also send a mail to your school to confirm your eligibility.
Please for POF coming from sponsor (mother) does she have to pay the money into my account or just provide her account statement. Secondly if have to pay it into my account, can she do it by installment or pay in the total amount once? Please I really need answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fendy34(f): 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2023
Hello everyone, my brother wants to apply for a student visa for Canada . He got admission for a course (bsc) in a college . Can he add his wife to his visa application? Hope this won’t cause any issue .
I’ll appreciate your replies . Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by undisputed106(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2023
Hello guys. Please i just need to know if studying a a two-year diploma course in canada is a good idea?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Lovexchi:

Please for POF coming from sponsor (mother) does she have to pay the money into my account or just provide her account statement. Secondly if have to pay it into my account, can she do it by installment or pay in the total amount once? Please I really need answer

She can send only your first year upkeep into your own account. You only need to explain in LOE that she has sent in money for your first year upkeep. You can then leave the rest money in her account.

wait for others opinion too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olycy: 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
Tgbengus151:
OK boss. I am gonna add you up after receiving your contact.

Please can u add me to the WhatsApp group. I just got admitted for January 2024 intake. I need to follow up and kn how to go about things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
preshpearl:
Hello house

Is there anyone who can help with POF from GTBank ?
….
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
preshpearl:
Hello house

Is there anyone who can help with POF from GTBank ?

Don’t try it ooo, canada don’t accept lumps sum without proper explanation. Canada no be Uk oo and be careful of scams

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Angela2023: 10:10pm On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=Angela2023 post=121441004]
Hi @Barahskali please I don't understand what u mean by u created a pay slip by urself... please elaborate more on that for me.
Yes me n my brother bear the same surname.... My volunteer job dey only pay us cash ..and am about to pay my first year tuition deposit as requested by my school. I ll be waiting for ur reply.. thanks. And please it better to leave the money in the sponsor account n just have one for living expenses in my own account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

I understand you want to divert into IT, but the truth is you have to be able to convince the visa officer that you have enough experience. The best thing to do is to apply for a program that is directly related to your undergraduate degree then when you get to canada you switch.

Then Cases where ones Undergrad Degree matches his current job dey boost chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olycy: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=Doll4455 post=120884173][/quote]please can I be added to the WhatsApp group. 08033513293. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olycy: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2023
Afabet:
I just got an admission to Fanshawe college and I'll like to be added to the whatsapp group
Please if u have been added can u add me to or send me the link. 08033513293

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.