Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238752 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Saloiba:
To God be the Glory great things he has done for my Family. Our PPR has landed and we are super excited.

We are family of 5, my husband left for Canada early September 2022 and we waited for him to stay 3 months before we put in our application.

We submitted application for SOWP for me and 3 visit visas for our 3 children ages 8, 6, and 2. Our PPR dropped this morning 28th of February 2023.

Our Timelines
Confirmation of online submission - 30th November 2022
Biometrics completed for me - 6th December 2022
We did upfront medical on the 22nd of November 2022 and was passed on the 25th of January 2023

Eligibility didn't start until we received PPR this morning.

Documents Submitted
Marriage Certificate
Family pictures with the children
Letter of invitation by husband
Introduction letter from my company
My 6 months payslip
My Naira bank statement of about 13.5M
Dollar investment certificate of 7,500 USD
My Domiciliary account of 2,000 USD
My husband Canadian bank statement of 5,000 CAD

Please help us with the process of passport submission

Everyone waiting for their good news will receive it soon by God's grace
Please did you use an agent? If yes,name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yomit2:
I am currently applying for my sister's student visa. Can I zip the documents I will be uploading?

why would you want to zip the documents?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Angela2023: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=Tgbengus151
Hi please add me up..am also a prospectus student... My number 08034325779
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cleverbaby: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
Good evening all.
Please I need your help urgently
I have a CGPA of 2.46 and I recently applied to a college in Canada for a post graduate course and I got rejected cause of my low grades.
Truth be told what I’m after is different from what I studied and I had no passion there and finally there is an opportunity for me to do what I want and have interest in
Please any advice or what to do or suggestions on schools that I can apply to and might accept me even with the low CGPA
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cleverbaby:
Good evening all.
I have a CGPA of 2.46 and I recently applied to a college in Canada for a post graduate course and I got rejected cause of my low grades.
Truth be told what I’m after is different from what I studied and I had no passion there and finally there is an opportunity for me to do what I want and have interest in
Please any advice or what to do or suggestions on schools that I can apply to and might accept me even with the low CGPA
Thank you

Okay .

Your CGPA is on a scale of what ?
What course did you studied in your undergraduate and what course are you applying for ?
What college did you applied to ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by debans12: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
olycy:
Please add me to the group. 08033513293
Please add me to the group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by debans12: 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Tgbengus151:
So guys, the Whatsapp group has eventually being created and we are currently 6 in number, so if you are also a prospective student of Fanshawe college and you feel interested in joining the group, you can hit me up through the mail or quote this post.

Thank you.

Please add me to the group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cleverbaby: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

Okay .

Your CGPA is on a scale of what ?
What course did you studied in your undergraduate and what course are you applying for ?
What college did you applied to ?

I applied to college of New Caledonia
My CGPA is a 2.46 which is a third class
And I studied Law and applied for a post graduate course in HR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cleverbaby:

I applied to college of New Caledonia
My CGPA is a 2.46 which is a third class
And I studied Law and applied for a post graduate course in HR

I guess you should first check the requirements of the program you are applying first. Check if you meet the minimum admission requirements.

Generally, most graduate diploma programs require applicants to have completed a bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).

since you have a third class CGPA, which is typically considered to be between 1.5 and 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, you may not meet the minimum GPA requirement for admission to a graduate diploma program in a Canadian college. However, some institutions may consider other factors such as work experience, relevant skills and qualifications, and strong letters of recommendation when making admission decisions so it’s best to apply to programs that a directly related to your undergraduate study then when you get to canada you can consider switching to your dream career.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danielmadu: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=Yinabim post=120742486]
I’m resuming Niagara College, welland campus too, I’ve sent a mail to [quote author=Yinabim post=120742486] also a student of niagara college welland campus i would like to connect with you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cleverbaby: 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

I guess you should first check the requirements of the program you are applying first. Check if you meet the minimum admission requirements.

Generally, most graduate diploma programs require applicants to have completed a bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).

since you have a third class CGPA, which is typically considered to be between 1.5 and 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, you may not meet the minimum GPA requirement for admission to a graduate diploma program in a Canadian college. However, some institutions may consider other factors such as work experience, relevant skills and qualifications, and strong letters of recommendation when making admission decisions so it’s best to apply to programs that a directly related to your undergraduate study then when you get to canada you can consider switching to your dream career.

All my work experience and relevant skills are tied to Human Resources, worked in a government office for than a year and gain skills and knowledge in the human resource department which brought me to this point. That’s why I decided to apply for a human resource post graduate diploma. I got fund of it and loved it, it was something I enjoyed and wanted to keep doing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cleverbaby:

All my work experience and relevant skills are tied to Human Resources, worked in a government office for than a year and gain skills and knowledge in the human resource department which brought me to this point. That’s why I decided to apply for a human resource post graduate diploma. I got fund of it and loved it, it was something I enjoyed and wanted to keep doing

That’s great. You can also check other colleges and apply to multiple schools to increase your chances. Review their admissions requirements before applying so you don’t waste application fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Good morning everyone, I have 2 quick questions.

1. I have an online data website business with inflow of about 1.8 million in the last 6 months but I have just 350k in my account after paying for visa, medical and agent, my sponsor is my dad though, should I attach my bank statement or attach the transaction on the site and monnify history as back up or just upload my dad's bank statement?

2. I used form A to pay my tuition fees, should I wait for the payment confirmation from my bank Before applying for medical or i can do upfront medicals this month? I plan to apply end of this month though.

I will need anyone to kindly respond please 🙏

@frankrobin
@makano
@johnstan
@bamobaiga
@anon123

And any other gurus play

POF is essentially a bank statement showing funds you have access to and not transaction history from online merchant sites. You're to obtain the bank statement of your sponsor as the primary POF.
Adding your account statement becomes really important if you declared on your SOP that you work and earn a living. Your bank statement will only be treated as your main POF if you're self-sponsored.

If your online business links you to an employer/client in Canada, that might place you in a bucket of applicants with ties to Canada and might also suggest that you may have reasons not to return home after your studies. So confirm before you indicate who your employer/clients are in your SOP

You can go for upfront medicals anytime even before you apply for your visa. There is no requirement to meet before you go for it. Upfront medicals was the first thing I did before any other thing.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
Welsh2np:

There’s no one answer to an amount enough needed to show proof of funds.

How many kids?
Which school? , which city?

And the sponsor is a parent?

Okay Boss,the case is a single mother sending her son who has a Bsc in Tourism Studies to study a Graduate Certificate in Global Hospitality Mgt(1yr) at Conestoga College in Waterloo, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Owanhero123: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
Good evening my people

Pls how do I rent an apartment and how many months do they collect? Anyone with an apartment link should please help .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
samefiok:

Okay Boss,the case is a single mother sending her son who has a Bsc in Tourism Studies to study a Graduate Certificate in Global Hospitality Mgt(1yr) at Conestoga College in Waterloo, Ontario

Okay, since it’s a Mother (a parent), it’s very likely to fly.

So just the maths: Tuition for your program for a year +Accommodation for a year (including Meals) +Roundtrip flight+Health insurance+Settling allowance (including Winter Clothes, Books and stationery).
You should be able to draw a good budget form to use for your POF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by patrick2015: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
Congratulations.
Please how do I join the telegram group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by patrick2015: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=HEADYWORLD post=120854209]TIME LINE AND DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
It’s PPR for me, I can’t thank God enough

Strictly DIY, thanks to all the telegram groups for their selfless support during my POF saga.

Course
• Electromechanical technician college diploma

Study gap
• 10years study gap
Highest qualification
• OND in mechanical engineering, although I have taken some vocational certificates and trainings

Fanshawe college application submitted through apply board November 2022 for free (www.applyboard.com)

Admission drop 2 weeks after
Deposit paid December 2
Upfront medical December 7,
Application submitted December 10
Biometrics December 15
Medical passes Dec 22
Eligibility January 20
BVL February 10 ( I won die since yesterday)
PPR February 11

Sent webforms for medical to be updated, sent mail for processing delay, got response that file is under active review and 3 webforms with urgent February 9.

TRAVEL HISTORY
• Shengen visa

List of documents submit under each section

All IMM FORMS

Digital passport:
• I don’t use any professional photographer, I just use my phone snap am, edit am with paint on my laptop and upload.

Proof of identity
1. International passport
2. Visa pages
3. Drivers license

Acceptance letter
1. LOA
2. previous certificates from o level, OND, vocational certificates, best graduating student letters and so on

Proof of work essential part of my course
• I uploaded my LOA there again (CO-OP)

CLIENTS INFORMATION
screenshot of documents and SOP attached (SOP 6 pages wrote it and edit in 2 weeks). I used free version of grammarly to check all my grammars errors and plagiarism

For my property,
I only attached omo onile receipt, community receipt and the property picture with my car in front of my house.

( no valuation, survey plan, deed, house plan or anything)

PROOF FUNDS,
screen shot of documents attached. Sponsorship letter not notarized.

AMOUNT OF POF SUBMITTED

• 2.6m personal savings

• 4m gift of deed from my uncle

• My junior brother is my sponsor, with account statements of about 57k cad.

Total POF is about 87k cad

What I did from admission to visa application:

I listed 3 schools that offer my course and applied to 3 of them. Pick the one with easy communication, deferral and favorable refund policy and also with curriculum that met my knowledge gap.

Got all my documents ready and all proofs to back up my claim.

I ensure my attachments to my SOP follow the details as stated in my SOP.

I attached enough picture evidence

Anybody that drop PPR documents list and whose case is similar to mine. I copied their PPR testimony to my notes for guidance on documents. I even go on linked in to look for people studying the course in my college and chat them 😀😀😀.

I was intentional about the whole journey and God was with me. Now, let me start my family application

Please how do I join the telegram group

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
Welsh2np:

Okay, since it’s a Mother (a parent), it’s very likely to fly.

So just the maths: Tuition for your program for a year +Accommodation for a year (including Meals) +Roundtrip flight+Health insurance+Settling allowance (including Winter Clothes, Books and stationery).
You should be able to draw a good budget form to use for your POF

No wahala thanks Big man,omo for home ties I'm a manager at my moms restaurant, restaurant chains are under tourism/hospitality I just dey hope say Family business no be red flag in terms of home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dpresido(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
Blackmandreams:
If you are coming to Vancouver this summer and need any help or have any question, I’m here to help. Smiles.

Bro, I have just submitted an MBA application to University of Canada West today. Is there any WhatsApp group for Intending MBA Students at UWC? I applied for FALL and would wish to be added to a WhatsApp group to share and gain insights while I await their response to my application.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cath1234(f): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
[quote author=patrick2015 post=121501089][/quote]

Congratulations so happy for you, please did you send webforms for your medical to show pass ? Or it was updated on its own
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
Cleverbaby:
Good evening all.
Thank you
Use applyboard it will automatically show you the courses and schools you're eligible for with your grades

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
CBSA Notes finally arrived. Please help share your thoughts. @Bobomaigida, @Frankrobbn1, @olokings, @bullstriker, @johnstan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
joefit4gur:
CBSA Notes finally arrived. Please help share your thoughts. @Bobomaigida, @Frankrobbn1, @olokings, @bullstriker, @johnstan

2 year course, CAD3000 deposit plus 47KCAD POF. I've made some deductions, most if not all of the funds is from crypto, true I gave limited evidence in the first application, using screenshots from the app. I will use the website now, so the funds are more traceable. Do I still need to get an income tax cert for this? I submitted personal and business bank statements. Now I only want to submit just one personal account with all the funds required.

xxxxx[/i]
I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The applicant's assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for the applicant (and any accompanying family members), if applicable).

Banking transactions history provided.

Detailed bank statements show overall low funds.
Financial information is not supported with evidence of income tax paid nor pay slips, for the bank statement balances on file.
Limited evidence pertaining to the source on stated funds.

In the absence of satisfactory documentation showing the source of these funds, I am not satisfied the applicant has sufficient funds for the intended international study.

Low funds in both PA's personal and business accounts.
Last page (final day's entries) missing from PA's personal account.
Account summary indicates a closing balance that would be achieved by a bulk deposit of over 10 million Nigerian Naria.

Based on the financial documents submitted. I am not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient funds to pay for living expenses for the proposed studies.

A minimum tuition payment was paid (proof on provided LOA) and receipt was provided in the original documentation. Since the school fees for the first academic year were not paid in full, and without a proper bank document to establish the current available funds. I am not satisfied that the applicant had sufficient funds to support themselves for the duration of their studies.

Weighing these factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above. I have refused this application.

xxxx[i]

This is a really detailed CBSA Note. In summary, it points to your POF as the reason for the refusal.

If you declare that you are working and earning a living, you have to provide every document supporting that.

If you are working under an employer, you need to provide your pay slips, a letter of introduction from your employer, your letter of appointment, letter of promotion etc, which I did.

If you are self-employed (i don't know much about this), then documents relating to your job are required. Some people add tax certificates, CAC documents etc, to support the application.

If you have lump sums, quoting from the visa officer's statement "Account summary indicates a closing balance that would be achieved by a bulk deposit of over 10 million Nigerian Naria", you need to explain it on your SOP and attach receipts to back it up.

Also, the statement "]Last page (final day's entries) missing from PA's personal account" is unclear to me, but I'm sure you can relate. Try to ensure that any information on any document you upload is up to date i.e. up to the date you submit your application.

My take on this, never leave anything to the visa officer to decide by themselves on your behalf. Provide all necessary documents to back any statement you make on your SOP.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tonidablaze: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
Hello greetings to you, please I'm new here nice meeting you, I'm interested in Appling but I don't really know, where and how, to start from, will be very happy if guide like to contact you... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tonidablaze: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
Hello, greetings to you nice meeting you, I'm
Tony, I'm interested but I don't really know where to start from... I don't mind if you can be of help, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Saloiba: 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
GloriaBekee:

Please did you use an agent? If yes,name

No. We did it by ourselves and got all information we used here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
johnstan:

POF is essentially a bank statement showing funds you have access to and not transaction history from online merchant sites. You're to obtain the bank statement of your sponsor as the primary POF.
Adding your account statement becomes really important if you declared on your SOP that you work and earn a living. Your bank statement will only be treated as your main POF if you're self-sponsored.

If your online business links you to an employer/client in Canada, that might place you in a bucket of applicants with ties to Canada and might also suggest that you may have reasons not to return home after your studies. So confirm before you indicate who your employer/clients are in your SOP

You can go for upfront medicals anytime even before you apply for your visa. There is no requirement to meet before you go for it. Upfront medicals was the first thing I did before any other thing.

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2023
johnstan:

My online business doesn't link with any employer in Canada, I just wanted to use that as part of my home ties.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 11:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Good evening house. Please is there any WhatsApp group chat for Cambrian College students? Or Nigerian students in Brampton?

Kindly add me to any of these group chats please. 07036412417.

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Molajim: 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
Tonidablaze:
Hello greetings to you, please I'm new here nice meeting you, I'm interested in Appling but I don't really know, where and how, to start from, will be very happy if guide like to contact you... Thanks
How old are you? What is your study gap? What’s your highest academic level?

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.