Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219335 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
quinstershaw:

Black market?
Flywire is like black market.
What you do is to open flywire
Put the name of the school you are paying and the amount in CAD
They will show you the equivalent in naira.
Then you go ahead and pay just like every other online payment. Your naira account will be debited.
You should have something like this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bernice123456:

Then you go ahead and pay just like every other online payment. Your naira account will be debited.
This only happens if you choose to pay in naira which is probably more expensive than normal black market rate. If you choose USD CAD or POUNDS, they will give you a foreign account to pay into which you can then use the Form A to process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Msveev: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Please has any one done PTA recently? What bank did you use and how fast was it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
BenedictStinson:

This only happens if you choose to pay in naira which is probably more expensive than normal black market rate. If you choose USD CAD or POUNDS, they will give you a foreign account to pay into which you can then use the Form A to process.

How long are you supposed to make the payment before the invoice expires?

Isn’t it three days?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kassidy07(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
This country is so wicked I don’t even know else to say smh ,120 days

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hi gurus. Do I need a transit visa if my flight lays over in London for 3 hours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
Welsh2np:

How long are you supposed to make the payment before the invoice expires?

Isn’t it three days?
Lolz three months you mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Cuppycak3:
Yes you need appointment for biometric
Download ur biometric request letter then go the the Vsf global website and book appointment on ur preferred date and time. Good luck
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
socially4fun:
Hi gurus. Do I need a transit visa if my flight lays over in London for 3 hours?
Nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ijeshaprincess: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Jay5050:
Greetings All❤

Please do I need to do upfront medicals when applying for study permit extension in Canada?
I'm already in Canada... Can I use the same medical results I used when applying for visa even if it is over a year when I did it?

If you have been in Canada for up to 12 Months, you do not need to do the medical test. But if you have been in Nigeria for 6 months out of the last 12 months then you will need a medical test. If in doubt you can wait till its requested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
kassidy07:
This country is so wicked I don’t even know else to say smh ,120 days
Did you use Access bank for your form A processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bernice123456:

Whoa! This is expensive oh
Normal rate should be about 800k plus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aminatola(f): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bernice123456:

I tried using flywire to pay for my application fee (University of Regina), while filling the form there was a column dey asked for applicant ID. They said it's nine digits, Please how will I generate that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
I wanted to use payday app to pay for my visa application only to realize today that I can actually get USD prepaid card for free in UBA

johnstan:

Bank rate is about 340 - 345 CAD.
Black market is going to be around 540 - 570 CAD, I'm no certain.
IRCC rate is a bit higher than bank rate but not as much as black market rate.
What do you mean by the rate payday uses?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
quinstershaw:

Whoa! This is expensive oh
Normal rate should be about 800k plus
I was given 2 weeks to make a deposit.
The rest of the fees has been processed with Form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
You can't use flywire to pay for application fee.
Use a dollar card or dollar virtual card.
Or ask someone abroad to help you make the payment.
Aminatola:

I tried using flywire to pay for my application fee (University of Regina), while filling the form there was a column dey asked for applicant ID. They said it's nine digits, Please how will I generate that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mostflourishing: 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Prosperkossy:
God has done it guys 🙏🏿🙏🏿 all thanks to God almighty indeed he is a great God, he never fails and all thanks to nairalanders and my guys that actually helped and encouraged me @danilvex @ taiwo
I’m an undergraduate going in for a 4 or 5 yrs course in Mechatronics engineering at ontario tech university ottawa. I’m 21
Timeline
Submitted my application November 25th 2022
Biometrics 1st of December 2022
Eligibility started 25th of January 2023
I noticed that my application was delayed because I submitted a conditional letter of acceptance so i had to submit the remaining documents the school asked for which was official transcript which will be sent to the school mail using a shipping company. So i did that which took a month and two days to get to school because of the Christmas break. Then i had to defer my admission to September which the school sent me the updated letter of acceptance then i started sending webform to them. Since when my eligibility started I didn’t see any update on my application, so i did my
Upfront medicals on 6th march 2023
Upfront medicals passed 9th march
Ppr 9th march 2023

Documents submitted
Letter of acceptance
Tuition deposit of 500 cad that was the only payment i made but i still got my visa
Statement of purpose 1and half pages
Testomonial
Waec results
Family picture
Family member’s birth certificates
My property documents my dad bought for me since 2017
Affidavit of return home
Affidavit of name change
My dad’s landed property documents
Affidavit of support from my dad
My dad’s business cac
Letter of financial support
Newspaper publication for my surname change
Submitted two bank statements
Polaris with over 50m
Access with over 50m
There were much lump sums but i had to explain the ones i could and left the rest to God

Congrats...
Can you explain how you did it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
[quote author=Beboy23 post=121632300]Please help, how do I address this issue, please help nairalanders

Note: I have paid part of my tuition fees[/q
Is the same that they said to me but when i requested my Gcms note here is what the vo said Here is what they wrote

I have considered the following factors in my decision i note that a third party is the primary sponsor. Insufficient evidence of relationship/ connection to third party sponsor and history of financial support have been demonstrated. Limited obligation for third party to provide ongoing financial support. As such,I am not satisfied on balance that the applicant will have access to the third party funds in support of studies. Based on the evidence provide, the applicant personal assets and financial situation are insufficient to support their studies in the absence of third party funding weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. for this reasons above, i have refused this application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congrats bro

I am glad to be part of your success story..

Peace
Olayinkaji:
Hello Guys. I really want to appreciate this group and the many advice I got from here. I appreciate chithec frankrobbn1 bullstriker johnstan makano Lekiboboe JustMellow Chocs
I initially used an agent an was denied sometime around 2020. Following the advice mentioned above, I was finally given a PPR.

I did it all by myself. Thank you, Jesus!!!! I really thank God for being with me and seeing me through all this. I wrote my resignation letter with faith to be on April 7, and yesterday my PPR note landed.

Timeline:

Application SUbmitted on January 16
Biometrics Completed January 23
Eligibility February 12
Upfront medicals February 10
Medical Passed and Approval; March 6

I am going for PGC Project Management
Documents I submitted:

1. Letter of Acceptance
2. Passport/Travel Document
3. Proof of Financial Support
a. Letter of Explanation for Proof of funds
b. Proof of Payment of Receipt for 1st term tuition
c. My Account Statement (MBS) - I had 200k left after paying tuition
d. Sponsorship Letter from my Father
e. Sponsor’s (father) Bank Statement
f. Sponsor’s (father) Business CAC Certificate
g. Sponsor’s (father) Land documents
4. Additional Documents
a. Letter of Explanation for Study Permit
b. Resume
c. Letter of Employment
d. Letter of Confirmation of Employment
e. Letter of Commendation (2019 &2020)
f. Letter of Promotion
g. Training Certificate (Project Management)
h. Degree Certificate
i. Director Letter for my dad's business
j. Work ID Card
k. NYSC Certificate
l. A picture I and my parents

If I may ask, please how do I submit o. I made a mistake on my passport then but sent a webform to change it which they responded they have done it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kassidy07(m): 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
quinstershaw:

Did you use Access bank for your form A processing?
I had wanted to but it’s already a lost cause my school’s deadline is 12th April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
Flywire is not like Black market, it is more expensive than the black market.

I would not advise anyone to pay tuition fees via flywire direct except if you are a politician or a Multi-Millionaire..

Form A is the best mode of Tuition fees payment, even though the process can be really slow..

Peace
Bernice123456:

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beecrofty(m): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Japh11:
Hello guys, my wife's admission is for September. She just got ppr for student visa. Is it possible that she will be allowed to enter to Canada this month?

Which one exactly did your wife get? A day ago you said SWOP, today you say Student visa with resumption in September. I am beginning to feel like a lot of trolls seeking validation and attention are all in this group giving false testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dayjeee(m): 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2023
Aminatola:

use payday!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Please house I need some clarification. I am thinking of furthering my education in Canada. Since I already have an MBA, a PHD seems like a good option but all I am seeing appear to be research-based. Are there non-research PHD courses I can look into? And what schools?

Sorry, might sound like a dumb question. I am new to this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Afolakemitee: 3:06am On Mar 11, 2023
Helloo pls is there anyone coming in this April/May 2023.
I need help from anyone that can help carry some foodstuff, I would gladly pay for extra luggage.

Here’s my email: Afolakemitee28@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by golor(m): 3:18am On Mar 11, 2023
quinstershaw:

Thanks just that these banks are not fast at all. They are all the same

Eco bank is fast and if you have an account with Eco I can assist

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.