Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,132 members, 7,852,849 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1275371 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 8:45am On Mar 22, 2023
holly00147:
Hello everyone if sponsor have like 7m to 8m In account with good cash flow and also present land survey documents will this be power full enough as pof

Who’s the sponsor?

A parent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 9:06am On Mar 22, 2023
Reach2me:
University of Windsor January 2024 applicants here that have gotten admission or still awaiting decision ?

We dy here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 9:17am On Mar 22, 2023
Euphoria19:
Hi everyone please I need some help to some questions I have. I am a fresh graduate, plan on going for service with the next batch and hopefully plan on applying for study visa next year. My CGPA is 3.58 and I studied business administration. My questions are

1. I plan on studying business analysis for my masters at a university not a college, is that possible with my cpga, also most Unis I've researched on offer this course for 1 year but I would like a 2 yr course, considering PGWP. Would I be better off studying a 2 year graduate certificate course in that field as it's relatively cheaper

2. I want to know if studying business analysis as masters is a career progression in my case, since I studied business administration in my undergrad.

3. My sponsor is my elder sister, how much does she need to have to show as proof of funds, on an average, I haven't picked a school yet so I can't factor in tuition costs, I just want to know the general amount that is required, I am single no kids and I will be going alone, so how much is needed for an individual for at least a year.

4. Most of the Unis require GMAT or GRE, I didn't know what that was until I started searching, how's the GMAT like, cost wise, and study wise. Also is IELTS needed.

Thank you.

1. Admissions to Canadian Universities are HIGHLY competitive. As for your CGPA (which is just one requirement for admission), it is okay, however you may want to double-check the last two years of your undergraduate transcript as that is what most schools look out for the most. And depending on your program GPA’s higher than 70% (for last two years) are often required.
Check your program tho, it may be higher. Like mine, 75% was required.
Also, note that other factors play an integral role when considering grad applications. Such as LOR, SOP,Standardized tests (such as GMAT or GRE or as required by your program)

- You can go for a 1year Master’s course too; it’s usually cheaper to show POF for 1year programs. When you go for a 1year program, before you finish it, you can apply for another 1year program from inside Canada- that way when you finish you can get a 3-years PGWP

2. Yes it shows enough progression

3. No one answer fits. Check your school out first. Usually you should have CAD$10,000 (Living expenses) per year+Tuition fees for a year+Health insurance+Miscellaneous(at least 4k for flight and travel round trip).

So when the time comes, she may pay your first year tuition, and transfer living cost to your account using a deed of gift, that way she won’t be needing much to show as POF.

4. Google can help you with you. Google is your friend.

All the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vtino13(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2023
Badadvisor:

Hi bro can i reach out to you privately if you don't mind?
I'm almost falling into the hands of fraudulent agent. Please let me know how i can contact you,won't mind paying for your time.
Thank you

Send a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaimewill: 9:52am On Mar 22, 2023
Hi guys , please I have a question. My sponsor sold his property to fund my schooling although this has been since October 2022. I want to know if I still need to have it in his account for six months before applying or if I show the deed of sale that will be enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Msticks: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2023
Hello Guys,

My wife was asked to do her medicals, but there is an issue. She submitted her passport to receive her visa in german embassy (she is coming to join me in germany). deadline for medical is 20th of april. She will receive her passport probably between 15th april - 21st april.
What should we do? Please i need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 10:17am On Mar 22, 2023
Msticks:
Hello Guys,

My wife was asked to do her medicals, but there is an issue. She submitted her passport to receive her visa in german embassy (she is coming to join me in germany). deadline for medical is 20th of april. She will receive her passport probably between 15th april - 21st april.
What should we do? Please i need advice

Write to IRCC on the possibility of a delay due to the unforeseen circumstance. If she’s still interested in going to Canada’.
Let her send a webform immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Euphoria19: 10:20am On Mar 22, 2023
Welsh2np:

1. Admissions to Canadian Universities are HIGHLY competitive. As for your CGPA (which is just one requirement for admission), it is okay, however you may want to double-check the last two years of your undergraduate transcript as that is what most schools look out for the most. And depending on your program GPA’s higher than 70% (for last two years) are often required.
Check your program tho, it may be higher. Like mine, 75% was required.
Also, note that other factors play an integral role when considering grad applications. Such as LOR, SOP,Standardized tests (such as GMAT or GRE or as required by your program)

- You can go for a 1year Master’s course too; it’s usually cheaper to show POF for 1year programs. When you go for a 1year program, before you finish it, you can apply for another 1year program from inside Canada- that way when you finish you can get a 3-years PGWP

2. Yes it shows enough progression

3. No one answer fits. Check your school out first. Usually you should have CAD$10,000 (Living expenses) per year+Tuition fees for a year+Health insurance+Miscellaneous(at least 4k for flight and travel round trip).

So when the time comes, she may pay your first year tuition, and transfer living cost to your account using a deed of gift, that way she won’t be needing much to show as POF.

4. Google can help you with you. Google is your friend.

All the best

Thanks so much for the response, please when you say 1yr program plus another one to have 3 years PGWP, after the end of the first year program, will I need to apply for another study permit to start another 1 year program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 10:20am On Mar 22, 2023
Jaimewill:
Hi guys , please I have a question. My sponsor sold his property to fund my schooling although this has been since October 2022. I want to know if I still need to have it in his account for six months before applying or if I show the deed of sale that will be enough.

So the money has been in either your sponsor’s account or yours since October??

If YES, then you’re good to go. The money is been there for over 4Months. However you’ll still need to show proof of the source of the money, that’s by showing the documents for the property sale: Deed of sale.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2023
Euphoria19:

Thanks so much for the response, please when you say 1yr program plus another one to have 3 years PGWP, after the end of the first year program, will I need to apply for another study permit to start another 1 year program

That’s not something to concern yourself with at this moment. (You’ll be extending your study permit).

All of this would be done from within Canada, so it won’t be a biggie. Just start your process first and enter Canada, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ijiimmayi: 10:51am On Mar 22, 2023
Wow thanks a lot. Plz one last question. Is NABTEB accepted in Canada?
harkintem:

You don’t have any problem as I’m talking from experience. I studied Microbiology ( both microbiology and Botany are in the same department Biological sciences) and I have gotten my visa for Nursing. Age isn’t a factor as I’m well over 30. You just have to address things well in your SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2023
vtino13:
What God Cannot Does Not Exist!!!

It's PPR guys, am super excited right now, (Long read)
The journey has not been easy.

2 refusals, one judicial review dismissed.

First application (handled by myself)
Submitted November 11th, 2021
Refused March 5th, 2022
Reasons
Personal assets & Financial Status
Travel history
(GCMS note stated that Primary Applicant provided a company account for proof of funds. Mind you the company account was my personal company account)

Second application (handled by Mr Frank Reuben)
Submitted May 4th, 2022
Refused June 8th, 2022
Reasons
Personal assets & Financial Status
(GCMS notes stated that Primary Applicant provided account with unexplained lum sum) meanwhile the lum sum was well explained in the LOE and all evidence to back these explanations were provided.

Mr Frank looked at the application and the reasons for refusal and said there's nothing wrong with my application.

I seeked the advice of a lawyer who also look at my application, what was submitted and couldn't find any error with the application. He advised I go for a judicial review that I will most likely get a settlement out of court (Although I read here on nairaland how Makano especially always advise people against judicial review and how expensive and time wasting it can be).

June 14, 2022, I went ahead with the judicial review with the hope of getting settlement out of court within 1 - 2 months as I normally see few persons get it here.
I waited and waited and waited with no decision made. I had to plead with my college to defer me to May 2023 from September 2022 when I was suppose to resume (this is a school that stated clearly they do not accept deferrals, but I pleaded with them showing evidence of the ongoing court case).

November 2022, the lawyer finally responded that ircc isn't giving any settlement and that it intends to go to court on this issue, he sent me their own judgements and all. The waiting game continued till late January 2023, at this point I was frustrated, the school resumption is getting close again(deferral not an option), I didn't know what to do as the lawyer keeps posting me that he hasn't gotten any feedback from the Federal court.

I contacted Mr Frank again and I explained all what had happened and he finally helped me check the status of my case. Low and behold, the case was dismissed in November 2022 and here I was early February 2023 waiting for the Lawyer(7 months wasted ontop judicial review with no positive outcome).
Coming later with documents I submitted, cheers

Congratulations bro, you need to sue that lawyer, he lacks integrity or call him out so others can avoid him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 11:20am On Mar 22, 2023
I don’t understand this medical booking o, I tried with iom, I messaged the mail and was sent a link to fill in my details which I did and after verifying my mail (that’s where the problem is) I couldn’t download appointment details, it keeps saying “error encounter”
PLEASE HELP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dpaul4505(m): 11:24am On Mar 22, 2023
Hi guys

Do you think health administration is a good academic progression for someone who studied microbiology?

The school has it under faculty of public policy so it’s confusing (university of Regina)

What’s your opinion please? 🙏🏾
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Barristerlaw(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2023
university of saskatchewan
please is there anyone here that has got acceptance letter from the university of Saskatchewan?. I applied for LLM since January but i have not heard from them. I am confused whether to go ahead with the admission i got from the University of Miami in USA. although i have paid the seat deposit of 500 dollars.
I would prefer university of saskatchewan if i am given admission because of their scholarship. i applied for thesis based master

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2023
Please can someone apply with Family on One year course?
Welsh2np:

That’s not something to concern yourself with at this moment. (You’ll be extending your study permit).

All of this would be done from within Canada, so it won’t be a biggie. Just start your process first and enter Canada, you’ll be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Badadvisor: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
vtino13:

Send a mail
Just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2023
Ijiimmayi:
Wow thanks a lot. Plz one last question. Is NABTEB accepted in Canada?

I’m not sure of NABTEB. You can check the course requirements but I strongly believe some schools accept WAEC and/or NECO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2023
Queenfunlola:
I don’t understand this medical booking o, I tried with iom, I messaged the mail and was sent a link to fill in my details which I did and after verifying my mail (that’s where the problem is) I couldn’t download appointment details, it keeps saying “error encounter”
PLEASE HELP

Pls use Qlife. And if you’re booking appointments with IOM try do that via email. That’s what I did and I got an appointment date within 5hrs of sending a mail to them. But I got a closer appointment date with qlife so I ignore that of IOM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
Please I need reply to this please. None has ever replied any of my posts.

1. Is a 85% gift of deed from parent considered as a self sponsor

2. For an undergraduate course with 18,800 , will 13m be okay to show for POF and what other documents can be used
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
Greetings
Please can someone apply with Family on 1yr course ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mofolam: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2023
Danilvex:

2. For an undergraduate course with 18,800 , will 13m be okay to show for POF and what other documents can be used
No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by josephb(m): 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2023
Yes you can.

SandyDandy:
Greetings
Please can someone apply with Family on 1yr course ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chijudy1: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hi Debee,
Congratulations!!!
Please how did you upload all these documents you mentioned in your post. I am having difficulty uploading all my documents cos they are a lot but all are important.

Thank you

deebee13:

Good morning house!

It's PPR for me!
July 2022 applicant
Centennial college, Toronto.

Submitted- July 18, 2022
Biometrics- July 28, 2022
Upfront medicals-April 2022
Medicals passed-November 21, 2022
PPR- January 13, 2023

Turns out my PPR was out as at the time I made the statement in quote, but I didn't get to know because I used an agent!

I also don't know when, or if eligibility started or passed. The agent is not the communicating type.

I gave them a whole lot of documents, I don't know exactly which was used, or not.

Bottom line is, IT ENDED IN PRAISE!!!

Thank you to everyone on this page who kept reassuring those waiting, it meant a lot coming on here to celebrate with others and get hopeful for my expectations!

For those still waiting, hold on, be strong, cos what God cannot do does not exist!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2023
Danilvex:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2023
Good evening, pls I have done my research but I just want to confirm if there any college in Canada that doesn't require much money to hold seats, to if there is any that doesn't require it at all?,its urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2023

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2023
Pls how do u book ur appointment with Qlife ..the one I book ith IOM is far...have been trying to book with Qlife .. their website isn't okay
harkintem:

Pls use Qlife. And if you’re booking appointments with IOM try do that via email. That’s what I did and I got an appointment date within 5hrs of sending a mail to them. But I got a closer appointment date with qlife so I ignore that of IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
Danilvex:

1. If you going for an undergraduate course, you can't be a self sponsor cos you will not have the funds to cover for your tuition and living expenses, cos you have not earned any monies.
2. How long is the course? if it is 3 years then you have to have CA$56,000 for tuition fees, that is already N18million. Then you have to add living expenses for at least 1 year. So you need more funds for POF.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackmandreams: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hello guys, is there anyone here attending Algoma University, Brampton?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2023
Thanks a lot.
But can I have 9m sent from my dad as a gift of deed (+3m in my account) that’s about $35,700 then I can have him write letter of sponsorship that he will support me in the consecutive years and attach his pay slips too. His company is delisted on CAC site but he still got his payment slips that they used to pay him from companies he worked with

Or.

Can I have my third party uncle to be my sponsor and he writes sponsorship letter with affidavit of spons. And I’ll attach the receipt where he has sent my sister money before (200,000) or maybe say it was sent for me through her.so to say he has been supporting us
And I’ll use his CAC doc and paystub

Or better still. I can have my dad and then my uncle as co-sponsor

It’s a 4-years undergraduate.
Just thinking of the uncle cos of the doubts of how I can pay the consecutive years.

Bobomaigida:

1. If you going for an undergraduate course, you can't be a self sponsor cos you will not have the funds to cover for your tuition and living expenses, cos you have not earned any monies.
2. How long is the course? if it is 3 years then you have to have CA$56,000 for tuition fees, that is already N18million. Then you have to add living expenses for at least 1 year. So you need more funds for POF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.