Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,805 members, 7,831,623 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials (36884 Views)

RE:Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials / The Difference Between SEUN Of Nairaland And The Acclaimed SEUN Of Twitter / Angree Bees Reportedly Stung Wakil The Acclaimed Fulani Warlord In Ibarapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Op80: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2022
The same lunatics that link Peter Obi with IPOB everyday are the same broken bottles saying he extrajudicially killed massob members. What is the color of these people's frustration?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by mrkia(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2022
Thank you our boss @Nairaland for the exposition.

Let me say it here once again, it's not as if these section of Social media worriers from a particular section of our dear nation also convinced that Obi will transform Nigeria. In fact they actually aware (more than any other one)) of his incompetence to lead Nigeria they are just after anything that will put it our dear Country into extinction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Guyman01: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2022
princepeter566:
Hold Peter obi responsible if anything happen to me and my family is the next statement I'm expecting from him.

This na 3 odds prediction grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by jrusky(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2022
Obi has no credential, no testimonial and very creepy smart thief.

I had said it severally I will rather vote a mad man in the street than to vote for obi.

Tonybavanister I used to remember your moniker, however dem go start threatening you as they did to me on July 4 2022 and I told them 1 million of dem can not stop me from attacking obi and I mean it so bro be bold and give them the wotowoto of their miserable lives.

Obi is their messiah and not my messiah nor Nigeria messiah. I don't give a shit about him and he will never rule Nigeria come 2023 I'm waiting for the real campaign yo start he go hear am. If any other aspirant campaign in SE and were attack anywhere obi campaign outside SE we will attack him I mean brutal attack.

Dem think say dem get craze for head we go show dem we get craze for head pass dem we are waiting for dem.

We all suffers agony under Buhari and we all pray for better Nigeria but not with party supporter threatening people life for viewing their opinion, not a gun brandishing supporters, not bullying supporters, not political terrorist replacing Buhari govt, not an arrogant animals to replace Buhari govt. Peace we want not division, not harrassement, not insult, not chest beaten, not bullying.

Obi my foot!!!
Obi my foot!!!
Obi my foot!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Felimax(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2022
Penultimate to 2015 election, many refused to x-ray the suitability of Muhammadu Buhari because we were carried away by the "Change" slogan of APC, we cannot afford to repeat same blunder with the "Obidient' slogan in 2023. Sloganeering do not translate to good governance and better welfare for Nigeria citizens.

That is it!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by BrashMan: 9:33am On Aug 03, 2022
seanwilliam:
Like for Peter obi share for tinubu

So we have up to 5 idiots on this platform who are still supporting the drug baron.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Guyman01: 9:33am On Aug 03, 2022
Shayetet13:
Tinubu supporters paint Obi as pro-biafra. Atiku supporters paint him as anti-biafra. Propaganda can only sell so far! You have nothing on him folks
The thing taya me, why can't they stay in one place?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by gasparpisciotta: 9:36am On Aug 03, 2022
lloydtruth:
Too many hungry slaves in this country, they so much love their chains.

Burying your head in the sand like an ostrich and ignore the warning signs....

We don’t have the best set of aspirants for 2023 but we cannot afford a repeat of 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by royal231(m): 9:37am On Aug 03, 2022
Double war.. My guy said this earlier.. They will join forces.

One will step down for the other but Peter is sure of victory

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Amarachieze(m): 9:37am On Aug 03, 2022
This lengthy epistle is rather rudderless: At last you pass the buck to God absolving your self of the responsibility of pointing to Nigerians who God should help vote in 2023.
Most be of the point you raised lack depth and some are even ironic. For example as a Governor he governed or ruled alone. How is that possible? Yet mentioned Obiano as his anointed successor and APGA is still in power in Anambara to date
According to you his solution to insecurity was "Shoot at sight" but you fail to tell us what other better alternatives have solved insecurity in Nigeria. You treacherously forget that it was and still is the kid glove approach to insecurity such as "attack on the boys( Bokom Haram) is attack on the North" that has brought to where we are today in Nigeria
By the way between Tinubu, Atiku and obi who is a lesser evil? Everything about Tinubu is shady: His age, school attended, certificates obtained even his source of income. May be this might be the one you said the Nigerian youths should pray to God to give us as president. Can you imagine such a character and his political structure ruling this country. It beat any sane imagination how such a character like this was chosen by a political party over an intellectual, an accomplished legal luminary such as Prof. Osibanjo

May be you are pointing to us the desprado: Atiku Abubakar who privatized the whole country into his personal pocket.
Both Atiku and Tinubu bought their Presidential tickets with a deep corrupt pockets and you are deceived into thinking any of them will spare the country? Then you must be a joker.

Atiku, Tinubu and their much talked about political structures represent the existing social,economic and political status quo of Nigeria. Validating any of them is tantamount to saying that we are ok with the present reality of the country. If Obi does not posses the credentials being touted about in social media by the Nigerian youths then you should be aware that both Atiku and Tinubu have exactly the opposite of what is being ascribed to Obi. It therefore means that we are faced with a choice amongst bad, worse and worst.
Obi may be a bad choice but Atiku is worse and Tinubu is the worst.
Do not be deceived, 2023 elections with the electoral reform bill sign into law, portends demystification, deconstruction,and reconstruction of political structure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by GenerationNext: 9:40am On Aug 03, 2022
Willie2015:

He is not better...
Just a smart thief hidin his billions ..
In British Virgin island ...
And some of you are not smart enough to know this...

How much was in that account? Mumu every where.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by obidr(m): 9:41am On Aug 03, 2022
GeneralPula:
Yeeboz messiah you mean..

Peter Obi is far from being any Nigeria messiah. He has no past significant doings. Ask them what are the things he did spectacularly as a Governor, they’ll be ranting. He did nothing special in Anambra at all. He’s a political prostitutes just like majority of Nigerian politicians.

So who should we vote for ?
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by EdwardRandy(m): 9:43am On Aug 03, 2022
princepeter566:
Hold Peter obi responsible if anything happen to me and my family is the next statement I'm expecting from him.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Haywhy3579: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2022
I wonder the kind of schools all this so called youth between the age of 18 to 20yrs who does not have any sense of reasoning except blindly following a movement without questioning whether allegation level against their candidate is fact or factual. They will start crying after a year to obi government. If a sitting governor can operate offshore account and create a company in the name of his child without no real source of money except looting and u still call him massaire. Ur massaire wil surely lead u to Red Sea while u follow blindly not knowing he has a flying boat only to occupy himself and his family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Guyman01: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2022
strangest:
So Peter Obi ordered that MASSOB will be shot at sight... I mean his own people... Imagine what he will do to bandits... E be like these Tonyebarcista is enjoying the freedom given to Boko Hara
If the crocodile can eat it's own eggs, imagine what it will do to the flesh of other animals shocked

Like Sam Omatseye said in his Obi-tuary article castigating PO, behind that feminine voice lies a vicious man, it means that Obi will deal with bandits decisively, notice that he is not giving out much details about how he will fight insecurity unlike other politicians, that's a man with plans following the pattern of Vladimir Putin in solving the Chechnya crisis, we will make you rich with means of livelihood and restore your dignity as humans but if you allow criminals in your area we will crush it brutally.

Today Chechens are among the most patriotic Russians dominating the UFC and boxing in America and the toughest fighters in the Ukraine war.
Northerners will start winning medals in sports and academics like the southerners with the abundant talents if Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed implements his ideas

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by agabaI23(m): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2022
Nobody should take this one seriously abeg. He is always for the highest bidder. Makes money from writing these stuff. I am not joking

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by adiori0303: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2022
In other news,there is a rally held by biafuro agitagors that elections will not hold in the south east.
We citizens from the south west suport whatever u do whole heartedly. cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Sarsaproko: 9:48am On Aug 03, 2022
All the terrorists disturbing Nigeria deserves to be shot at sight.

That's a plus for Obi..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Tonnierichy(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

Atiku urchins are here grin
Both Atiku urchins and agbado urchins attacking who they regard as "only" social media sensation grin

There's really fire on their mountains grin
E don dey clear for their eyes lol

Tonyebarcanista who pockets millions from corrupt politicians will advice you(who the corrupt politicians have locked in chains and imprisoned in a terrible fashion) on who to vote grin grin

Atiku has settled tonyebarcanista so he's working for his bag. You wey the corrupt politicians dey try impoverish everyday,na you know wetin u want lol
Can you dispute any of the things he wrote?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by donprinyo(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2022
Trash trash
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by GardenOfGod(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2022
Funny article tho!
1. I was searching for where Peter Obi stole billion of state funds for his personal use. I didn't see.

2. I was searching for a place where the author pointed out that Mr Peter Obi was a drug pusher, abated or was part of any drug cartel in any part of the word, I was disappointed not to find any.

3. I looked further to see if I would find where Mr Peter Obi has been paid pension from state funds. None!

In conclusion... Mr Peter Obi is the most qualified of all the candidates presented. The youths will not be fooled anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by delpee(f): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2022
Interesting information. PO should do his best to debunk all that is not true and provide explanations on those that are true.

The Akwuzu SARS issue in particular is scary if true. Probably worse than the END SARS issue. May we never have a repeat of such in our polity again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Reyhzor(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
It isn't trash.

The allegations are weighty and deserve a response.
Goto Obi's page and ask him.
He'll reply and clear you ..
But remember na meand you dey 9ja.
People dat voted Buhari re hiding now, because they gave them peanut during campaign, now they're suffering.
Don't do same mistake.
You're campaigning for someone that is spending your money for his personal interest, and you're fighting someone who doesn't spend on his campaign.
Who's to blame for your ignorance??
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Tonnierichy(m): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2022
ImDStar:
Everything about Tinubu is shady, I mean nothing about him is plain and straightforward, including his common name and school.

Tinubu supporters, are you guys cursed or you're deliberately wicked and evil?

The same you voted for Buhari, the same you want to vote for Tinubu? She ayen sheyin ni?

Is Tinubu the best you can give Nigeria?

Would you be proud to present the man to anybody as your president without looking stupid?
Address what he wrote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by InvertedHammer: 9:57am On Aug 03, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Since the commencement of the 2023 electioneering season, the term 'Obidient' is a slogan that has dominated the media airwaves, especially on social media. Subscribers to the Obidient slogans are Nigerians that are advocates of Chief Peter Gregory Obi, the Presidential candidate of Labour Party. Majority of his supporters are driven by rare display of patriotism coupled with the popular yearning for political change in Nigeria, a handful of his advocates have taken to the extreme of portraying him as an infallible mortal that is at par or a little lower than a sacred deity. To this set of people, it is abominable to criticise, question or express displeasure in Obi's credentials or candidacy.

Obi, a former governor of Anambra State who until May 23, 2022 was a chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party and Presidential hopeful on the Party's platform, is portrayed by his promoters as the long-awaited messiah to deliver the country from the calamity brought upon the country by the Muhammadu Buhari led administration. He is marketed as one with a "frugal" personality in terms of spending (perhaps a miser) who will not allow waste of public resources as President, and will ensure that Nigeria has enough in its reserves like Anambra had under Obi's administration as governor of the state like he (Obi) claimed - though this claim is disputed by his successor, Chief Willie Obiano - but that is a discussion fot another day. Aside his supposed frugality, Obi is portrayed as an incorruptible public officer that has never engaged in financial misconduct while in office. We'll see how true this claim is!

While I agree with the Obi promoters that Nigeria needs a new political leadership that will rescue the country from its current woes and entrench a working system for sustained improvement of the lives of Nigeria citizens, I disagree with them on the choice of Obi as the ideal pilot to lead Nigeria to greatness. Here is an individual that relies in his personal abilities for leadership. Obi has not made mention of any team that he assembled to work with whether while as governor of Anambra state. Even as the candidate of Labour Party, he has no known campaign team (structure) aside Chief Doyin Okupe. Whenever he speaks, he is always about self. The implication here is that as President he will the typical 'Mister Know-it-all' leader, which will be counterproductive to the expectations of Nigerians. But that is not my biggest concern about Obi.

While most citizens are demanding for devolution of power to the grassroot through restructuring of the Nigeria political system, Obi does not come across as a President that believe in power devolution. His record as Anambra State governor shows a man that does not believe in the third tier of government; which is supposed to be the closest to the grassroot. While the Constitution of Nigeria empowers State Governments through their State Independent Electoral Commission (SIEC) to conduct council elections for this tier of government, Obi who became Anambra State governor in March 2006, wilfully elected to run the local government through appointees under the nomenclature of Caretaker Committee in flangrance disobedience to the Constitution. Obi's refusal to conduct council elections drew the anger of stakeholders within and outside Anambra state, including the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) that he was not just a member but the Vice Chairman. The NGF in its report on Peer Review Mechanism that was released on March 18, 2013 (Obi 7th year in office) decried the action of Obi as undemocratic. Mr. Afeikhema Jerome, who was the National Coordinator of the State Peer Review Mechanism NGF, went further to appeal to Anambra Government under Obi “to urgently set the machinery in motion and conduct credible local government elections”.
(please find Premium Times report on the story here: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/127070-ngf-scolds-anambra-ekiti-16-others-over-non-conduct-of-council-polls.html).

inspite the scolding by NGF, Obi still refused to conduct Council election. He waited until 2 months to the expiration of his tenure (ten months after release of NGF report) to eventually conduct it. Specifically, the election was conducted on 11 January, 2014. In other words, Anambra State had no functional governments at the local government level for 7 years and 10 months out of the 8 years of Obi's reign. Many believed that the council election was hurriedly conducted by Obi so as to get necessary structures on ground to mobilize for votes for Chief Willie Obiano, his anointed candidate for the 2014 gubernatorial election of the State.
(See PT publication on NGF report: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/127070-ngf-scolds-anambra-ekiti-16-others-over-non-conduct-of-council-polls.html). If Obi as Governor stifled the local government system in his state, what magic will he bequeath Nigeria as a whole with respect to power devolution?

Nigeria is plagued with insecurity, terrorism, banditory and insurgency that citizens cannot live their lives freely due to fear of the men of the underworld. The country is in dire need of a leader that will change the tide; but is Obi competent enough to handle such burden? Let's see how he handled similar issue in Anambra State.

As Governor, Obi faced the Biafra agitators under the banner of Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and led by Mr. Ralph Uwazuruike. Obi's solution to address the MASSOB agitation was a declaration of an undemocratic "Shoot-at-sight" order on MASSOB members. The order, which which drew condemnation by many, was issued in June 2006 (3 months into his government), and also extended to members of NARD and "other hoodlums" in the State. As a consequence of the order, security forces combed Onitsha, Nnewi, Oba, Ihiala and environs and were alleged to have shot, killed, and maimed anyone suspected to be member of MASSOB. On 20th January 2013, residents woke up to discover over 40 floating corpses in Ezu River located in Amansea, Awka, Anambra State. Following the discovery, MASSOB through its spokesman, Mr Uchenna Madu (now factional leader of MASSOB), released a statement on 10 February 2013, identified the corpses as that of its members that were arrested by DSS and handed over to Police on November 9, 2012 but disappeared afterwards. He identified some of the bodies as; Basil Ogbu, Michael Ogwa, Sunday Omogo, Philip Nwankpa, Eze Ndubisi, Ebuka Eze, Obinna Ofor, Joseph Udoh and Uchechukwu Ejiofor. Excerpt of the statement reads;

“MASSOB with deep sense of grief and sorrow wishes to inform Mr. Ban Ki Moon (UN Secretary General), President Goodluck Jonathan, US president, Barrack Obama, United Nations Human Rights Commission (UNHRC) and Amnesty International about the gruesome murder of MASSOB members by the Special Anti Robbery Squared SARS, of Nigeria Police Force, Awkuzu Anambra State. Some of our disguised members and family relations of the detained members were denied access to them. Efforts by our counsel to secure their bail from the police were futile. Our demands for their arraignment before a competent court of law were frustrated by SARS officers. We got information from an insider at SARS headquarters, Awkuzu that armless MASSOB members detained at SARS were secretly killed alongside other robbery suspects. Our lawyers, who confidently waited for their arraignment in January 2013 did not believe that such barbaric, primitive and wicked act could happen because, according to them, a comprehensive police reform on Human Rights was being carried out by the new Inspector General of Police.”
(Ref YNaija: https://ynaija.com/bodies-floating-in-river-are-our-members-secretly-killed-by-security-agents-massob-graphic-image/)

Mr. Uchenna Madu again in November 2013 indicted Governor Peter Obi as being responsible for the killing of MASSOB members through his "Shoot-on-sight" order and even vowed to arrest him afer his gubernatorial tenure. In his own words: “We hold Peter Obi responsible for the killings. This reminds us about the 2006 shoot-on-sight order by Governor Peter Obi who massacred about 2,000 MASSOB members. We shall arrest him and pay him back in his own coin in our own way immediately he steps down as the governor because his recent action of killing MASSOB members will heavily affect APGA chances of winning this election.” Madu spoke on November 14, 2013 while reacting to killing of MASSOB members by security forces the previous day.
(ref: https://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/11/we-ll-arrest-peter-obi-after-leaving.html?m=1)

On April 12, 2014, Mazi Chris Mocha, the Deputy Publicity Secretary of MASSOB released a statement on behalf of Uwazuruike fingering Obi alongside Chief Achike Udenwa (former Imo state governor 1999-2007) and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo of ordering killings of MASSOB members extrajudicially. An excerpt of the statement reads; “Mr. Peter Obi and former Imo State governor, Dr. Achike Udenwa, had ordered the killing of MASSOB members between 2003 and 2006 and would be tried in court in due course. Obi had on May 11, 2006 under the Presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo deployed over 200 federal troops most of who were of Hausa and Fulani tribes to Onitsha and issued a shoot-at-sight order to them. Thousands of our members were killed, including a pregnant woman and 65 others still missing,”

Clearly, Obi could not manage the insurgency in Anambra State as governor, how much more that of Nigeria that is more complex with religious and ethnic coloration?

Another concern on Obi is his alleged abuse of office in the management of public funds and dishonesty in the forms with respect to failure to declare some assets that he had interest in before the Code of Conduct Bureau. Dishonesty is one character that is not expected of a President that is determined to effect change positively.

Peter Obi is among the public figures that were indicted by Pandora Papers of financial misconduct. Specifically, he was said to have of used the name of his daughter, Gabriella to set up discreet Company named Gabriela Investments Limited in 2010 (during his 4th year in office as Anambra Governor) in British Virgin Island through a local registered agent, Aleman Cordero Galindo & Lee Trust (BVI) Limited (Alcogal). Acces International, a notorious firm located in Monaco facilitated the deal. Peter Obi was also fingered to own other offshore companies that he hid in secrecy. He equally had interest in NEXT International (UK) 14 months into his term as governor: which is contrary to the law. Worse is, he didn't declare these assets before the Code of Conduct Bureau; a statutory requirement for public officers. As reported by Premium Times, Obi equally admitted to operate offshore businesses and maintained foreign accounts while as Governor - in disobedience to the Constitutional provisions.
(Read more on this: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html).

Penultimate to 2015 election, many refused to x-ray the suitability of Muhammadu Buhari because we were carried away by the "Change" slogan of APC, we cannot afford to repeat same blunder with the "Obidient' slogan in 2023. Sloganeering do not translate to good governance and better welfare for Nigeria citizens.

May God Help Us and Help Nigeria
TonyeBarcanista writes from Abuja
I can be reached at: @TonyeBarcanista on Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
/

Jesus Christ will never come down to rule Nigeria. We will still choose a candidate among us. Among the three candidates, one being a drug lord with questionable identity and credentials, the other being a very corrupt resident of Dubai and Peter Obi; Nigerians are clamouring for a real change.

Considering the mess APC put Nigeria in, no sane human being should be campaigning under their banner. But delusion of grandeur has a better hold of some folks whose only prowess is weaponizing poverty and using it against the masses. I believe the people have learned a bitter lesson.

PDP is still busy with infighting. Wike is doing a yeoman job. Strange bedfellows if you ask me. A Southerner should be their flagbearer if equity is their watchword. But alas! Atiku believes in old politics in which money is only the determining factor--pay to play.

While we clamour for equity and justice, the greatest disservice to humanity is a Southerner deprived of his sustenance writing articles in support of those directly responsible for environmental degradation in his backyard. While Atiku and his Adamawa people can reap the produces from their farms, can TonyeBarcanista say the same about his brothers in SS? Mental slavery remains the worst form of slavery indeed.

/

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by fydence: 9:57am On Aug 03, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Since the commencement of the 2023 electioneering season, the term 'Obidient' is a slogan that has dominated the media airwaves, especially on social media. Subscribers to the Obidient slogans are Nigerians that are advocates of Chief Peter Gregory Obi, the Presidential candidate of Labour Party. Majority of his supporters are driven by rare display of patriotism coupled with the popular yearning for political change in Nigeria, a handful of his advocates have taken to the extreme of portraying him as an infallible mortal that is at par or a little lower than a sacred deity. To this set of people, it is abominable to criticise, question or express displeasure in Obi's credentials or candidacy.

Obi, a former governor of Anambra State who until May 23, 2022 was a chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party and Presidential hopeful on the Party's platform, is portrayed by his promoters as the long-awaited messiah to deliver the country from the calamity brought upon the country by the Muhammadu Buhari led administration. He is marketed as one with a "frugal" personality in terms of spending (perhaps a miser) who will not allow waste of public resources as President, and will ensure that Nigeria has enough in its reserves like Anambra had under Obi's administration as governor of the state like he (Obi) claimed - though this claim is disputed by his successor, Chief Willie Obiano - but that is a discussion fot another day. Aside his supposed frugality, Obi is portrayed as an incorruptible public officer that has never engaged in financial misconduct while in office. We'll see how true this claim is!

While I agree with the Obi promoters that Nigeria needs a new political leadership that will rescue the country from its current woes and entrench a working system for sustained improvement of the lives of Nigeria citizens, I disagree with them on the choice of Obi as the ideal pilot to lead Nigeria to greatness. Here is an individual that relies in his personal abilities for leadership. Obi has not made mention of any team that he assembled to work with whether while as governor of Anambra state. Even as the candidate of Labour Party, he has no known campaign team (structure) aside Chief Doyin Okupe. Whenever he speaks, he is always about self. The implication here is that as President he will the typical 'Mister Know-it-all' leader, which will be counterproductive to the expectations of Nigerians. But that is not my biggest concern about Obi.

While most citizens are demanding for devolution of power to the grassroot through restructuring of the Nigeria political system, Obi does not come across as a President that believe in power devolution. His record as Anambra State governor shows a man that does not believe in the third tier of government; which is supposed to be the closest to the grassroot. While the Constitution of Nigeria empowers State Governments through their State Independent Electoral Commission (SIEC) to conduct council elections for this tier of government, Obi who became Anambra State governor in March 2006, wilfully elected to run the local government through appointees under the nomenclature of Caretaker Committee in flangrance disobedience to the Constitution. Obi's refusal to conduct council elections drew the anger of stakeholders within and outside Anambra state, including the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) that he was not just a member but the Vice Chairman. The NGF in its report on Peer Review Mechanism that was released on March 18, 2013 (Obi 7th year in office) decried the action of Obi as undemocratic. Mr. Afeikhema Jerome, who was the National Coordinator of the State Peer Review Mechanism NGF, went further to appeal to Anambra Government under Obi “to urgently set the machinery in motion and conduct credible local government elections”.
(please find Premium Times report on the story here: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/127070-ngf-scolds-anambra-ekiti-16-others-over-non-conduct-of-council-polls.html).

inspite the scolding by NGF, Obi still refused to conduct Council election. He waited until 2 months to the expiration of his tenure (ten months after release of NGF report) to eventually conduct it. Specifically, the election was conducted on 11 January, 2014. In other words, Anambra State had no functional governments at the local government level for 7 years and 10 months out of the 8 years of Obi's reign. Many believed that the council election was hurriedly conducted by Obi so as to get necessary structures on ground to mobilize for votes for Chief Willie Obiano, his anointed candidate for the 2014 gubernatorial election of the State.
(See PT publication on NGF report: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/127070-ngf-scolds-anambra-ekiti-16-others-over-non-conduct-of-council-polls.html). If Obi as Governor stifled the local government system in his state, what magic will he bequeath Nigeria as a whole with respect to power devolution?

Nigeria is plagued with insecurity, terrorism, banditory and insurgency that citizens cannot live their lives freely due to fear of the men of the underworld. The country is in dire need of a leader that will change the tide; but is Obi competent enough to handle such burden? Let's see how he handled similar issue in Anambra State.

As Governor, Obi faced the Biafra agitators under the banner of Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and led by Mr. Ralph Uwazuruike. Obi's solution to address the MASSOB agitation was a declaration of an undemocratic "Shoot-at-sight" order on MASSOB members. The order, which which drew condemnation by many, was issued in June 2006 (3 months into his government), and also extended to members of NARD and "other hoodlums" in the State. As a consequence of the order, security forces combed Onitsha, Nnewi, Oba, Ihiala and environs and were alleged to have shot, killed, and maimed anyone suspected to be member of MASSOB. On 20th January 2013, residents woke up to discover over 40 floating corpses in Ezu River located in Amansea, Awka, Anambra State. Following the discovery, MASSOB through its spokesman, Mr Uchenna Madu (now factional leader of MASSOB), released a statement on 10 February 2013, identified the corpses as that of its members that were arrested by DSS and handed over to Police on November 9, 2012 but disappeared afterwards. He identified some of the bodies as; Basil Ogbu, Michael Ogwa, Sunday Omogo, Philip Nwankpa, Eze Ndubisi, Ebuka Eze, Obinna Ofor, Joseph Udoh and Uchechukwu Ejiofor. Excerpt of the statement reads;

“MASSOB with deep sense of grief and sorrow wishes to inform Mr. Ban Ki Moon (UN Secretary General), President Goodluck Jonathan, US president, Barrack Obama, United Nations Human Rights Commission (UNHRC) and Amnesty International about the gruesome murder of MASSOB members by the Special Anti Robbery Squared SARS, of Nigeria Police Force, Awkuzu Anambra State. Some of our disguised members and family relations of the detained members were denied access to them. Efforts by our counsel to secure their bail from the police were futile. Our demands for their arraignment before a competent court of law were frustrated by SARS officers. We got information from an insider at SARS headquarters, Awkuzu that armless MASSOB members detained at SARS were secretly killed alongside other robbery suspects. Our lawyers, who confidently waited for their arraignment in January 2013 did not believe that such barbaric, primitive and wicked act could happen because, according to them, a comprehensive police reform on Human Rights was being carried out by the new Inspector General of Police.”
(Ref YNaija: https://ynaija.com/bodies-floating-in-river-are-our-members-secretly-killed-by-security-agents-massob-graphic-image/)

Mr. Uchenna Madu again in November 2013 indicted Governor Peter Obi as being responsible for the killing of MASSOB members through his "Shoot-on-sight" order and even vowed to arrest him afer his gubernatorial tenure. In his own words: “We hold Peter Obi responsible for the killings. This reminds us about the 2006 shoot-on-sight order by Governor Peter Obi who massacred about 2,000 MASSOB members. We shall arrest him and pay him back in his own coin in our own way immediately he steps down as the governor because his recent action of killing MASSOB members will heavily affect APGA chances of winning this election.” Madu spoke on November 14, 2013 while reacting to killing of MASSOB members by security forces the previous day.
(ref: https://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/11/we-ll-arrest-peter-obi-after-leaving.html?m=1)

On April 12, 2014, Mazi Chris Mocha, the Deputy Publicity Secretary of MASSOB released a statement on behalf of Uwazuruike fingering Obi alongside Chief Achike Udenwa (former Imo state governor 1999-2007) and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo of ordering killings of MASSOB members extrajudicially. An excerpt of the statement reads; “Mr. Peter Obi and former Imo State governor, Dr. Achike Udenwa, had ordered the killing of MASSOB members between 2003 and 2006 and would be tried in court in due course. Obi had on May 11, 2006 under the Presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo deployed over 200 federal troops most of who were of Hausa and Fulani tribes to Onitsha and issued a shoot-at-sight order to them. Thousands of our members were killed, including a pregnant woman and 65 others still missing,”

Clearly, Obi could not manage the insurgency in Anambra State as governor, how much more that of Nigeria that is more complex with religious and ethnic coloration?

Another concern on Obi is his alleged abuse of office in the management of public funds and dishonesty in the forms with respect to failure to declare some assets that he had interest in before the Code of Conduct Bureau. Dishonesty is one character that is not expected of a President that is determined to effect change positively.

Peter Obi is among the public figures that were indicted by Pandora Papers of financial misconduct. Specifically, he was said to have of used the name of his daughter, Gabriella to set up discreet Company named Gabriela Investments Limited in 2010 (during his 4th year in office as Anambra Governor) in British Virgin Island through a local registered agent, Aleman Cordero Galindo & Lee Trust (BVI) Limited (Alcogal). Acces International, a notorious firm located in Monaco facilitated the deal. Peter Obi was also fingered to own other offshore companies that he hid in secrecy. He equally had interest in NEXT International (UK) 14 months into his term as governor: which is contrary to the law. Worse is, he didn't declare these assets before the Code of Conduct Bureau; a statutory requirement for public officers. As reported by Premium Times, Obi equally admitted to operate offshore businesses and maintained foreign accounts while as Governor - in disobedience to the Constitutional provisions.
(Read more on this: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html).

I can be reached at: @TonyeBarcanista on Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

Atiku urchins on the beat... So how much did they pay you to write this long epistle of cow dung? Why Peter Obi dey bother una so much?
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by DeleTaller: 9:58am On Aug 03, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

Atiku urchins are here grin
Both Atiku urchins and agbado urchins attacking who they regard as "only" social media sensation grin

There's really fire on their mountains grin
E don dey clear for their eyes lol

Tonyebarcanista who pockets millions from corrupt politicians will advice you(who the corrupt politicians have locked in chains and imprisoned in a terrible fashion) on who to vote grin grin

Atiku has settled tonyebarcanista so he's working for his bag. You wey the corrupt politicians dey try impoverish everyday,na you know wetin u want lol

Let's believe that the author is bad, but what about the point he is trying to make? Do we need to close the chapter because Obi is involved? Are you ready to debunk his Allegations with proves with your our explanation and proof?

I believe you are a learned person, so are those allegations with proves false or true?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by rumeuruemu: 10:00am On Aug 03, 2022
Ogar Tony why?? Why? Please fault the facts about the current situation in the country and how to solve them and be an enabler to sustainable development then your lengthy epistle of antagonist. please take a deep breath and calm down. This won't help you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by DeleTaller: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2022
Tochi3:
Thank you for Your Opinion

However it does not change the natural love Nigerians have for PO. Unprecedented in Nigeria's history.

There is a reason for the love towards PO.

Your opinion does not take into consideration the reasons behind that love

In essence, I am forced to believe that your opinion is money induced and as a result lacks a lot of credibility

That is not in anyway an option oga.... Those are allegations with facts and proof. Debunk it with your fact and stop being biased and carried away with your blind love for a dreamer who has no other plan than to lie to the gullible ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Eriokanmi: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

See trash of the day, omg! This is huge shocked
Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by Dreambeat: 10:06am On Aug 03, 2022
A new round of election is coming, unstable political jobber named Tonye who runs from party to party to collect crumbs is also back. You are welcome, we are ready for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: I Will Not Rest Until Rufai Oseni Is Sacked From Arise TV / Kwankwaso Storms Bichi Local Government In Kano (Photos) / Lagos Releases List Of Critical Roads For Construction After Rainy Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.