Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,992 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools (34243 Views)

Lesson Plan - CRK (things Created By God) / 50 Hot Likely JAMB 2019 CRK Questions And Answers / 53 Candidates Sit For Common Entrance Exam In Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by lekanolas: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2022
PRESS RELEASE:

BURSTED: LAGOS STATE ENTRANCE EXAM CHRISTIANISED - MURIC

An Islamic human rights organisation, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has accused the Lagos State Ministry of Education of inserting Bible knowledge questions in the 2022 entrance examination for Lagos State public schools. The group alleged that the development gave Christian candidates an edge over their Muslim counterparts and put Muslim candidates at great disadvantage as they are certain to miss those questions.

This was disclosed in a press statement issued on Tuesday 2nd August, 2022 by the group’s director, Professor Ishaq Akintola.

The statement reads:

“Our office has been inundated by reports of strange questions in a general paper set for the Lagos State Primary Six Placement Test Into JSS 1 in Lagos secondary schools held on Saturday, 23rd July, 2022. The reference number on the question paper was LSA/PT/2022.

“Although the paper was captioned English Studies/Verbal Reasoning/General Paper, specifically, questions 12 and 14 were straight from the Bible and only Christian candidates could have made head or tail of them. These two questions were designed for Muslims to fail.

The questions were designed to upset Muslim students and make them lose confidence in themselves thereby leading to confusion, frustration and ultimate failure. The caption of that paper should have been ‘Common Entrance in Lagos State…Muslims Come and Fail’.

“Question number 12 which is an objective, says, ‘Paul was born in a city called …Tarsus…Jerusalem…Jordan…Bethel. Candidates were expected to pick one of the four options. But how on earth is a Muslim candidate expected to know what to pick? Ditto for question number 14 which reads ‘The English Bible was translated into Yoruba language by …Pastor Joseph Ayo Babalola…Bishop Benson Idahosa…Pastor Enoch Adeboye … Bishop Ajayi Crowther.

“This is parochial, provocative and unacceptable. This is another proof of the Christianisation of the education sector in Lagos State. How can anyone defend this? It is scandalous. Who set these obnoxious questions? Who proofread and supervised the examination? Who approved the questions? It is clear that this is the handiwork of religious bigots, but then somebody is guilty of gross negligence. Heads must roll.

“We knew this was going to happen when all the six tutor generals in the state are Christians and the state government refused to listen to appeals from Muslims to stop its exclusivism. We had three Christians and three Muslims in the days of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Raji Fashola. Muslims were removed under Ambode and the incumbent has refused to listen to complaints from the Muslim Community.

“The Muslim candidates have been put on a tight rope because the instruction on top of the question paper says ‘Attempt all questions’. This means that anyone who jumps those two biblical questions does so at his or her own risk. The questions have effectively caged the Muslim students and placed them between Scylla and Charybdis, the horrible six-headed monster in Greek mythology and its fearful whirlpool on the other side.

“Heads must roll over this unless the state government has already given the licence to marginalise, traumatise and dehumanise Muslims in Lagos State to their Christian counterparts. There must be consequences for this gross anomaly unless the state government has sold its Muslim citizens to the bishops and pastors mentioned in question 14 for a pot of porridge.

“Any government that treats its citizens like this cannot expect love and unity among them. Neither can such a government earn the respect and support of the section that it marginalises and treats like outcasts. This attitude does not engender love. Neither does it depict tolerance.

“Lagos Muslims pay tax like their Christian counterparts. Why then are they being relegated to third class citizens. The tax paid by them forms part of the state’s internally generated revenue which is used to pay staff of the Ministry of Education and its teachers, including those who drafted those two offensive questions.

“No attempt was made to balance the trend and thus mitigate the offence by adding two Islamic questions. The paper was therefore a direct assault on Islamdom. The authors are daring Muslim parents and other Muslims in Lagos State to do their worst.

“Therefore, we demand apology from the Ministry of Education. Furthermore, we demand an investigation into circumstances surrounding the inclusion of such sectional, insensitive, repugnant and religiously volatile questions in a general paper.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern,
(MURIC)

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2022/08/bursted-lagos-state-entrance-exam.html?m=1

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Lawlab254: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2022
Ok
Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by robinso01(m): 7:52am On Aug 03, 2022
But it was normal when the court allowed the use of hijab, but not normal for crs to be done in exam Abi?

278 Likes 21 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by ThrownBack: 7:52am On Aug 03, 2022
What do they even know.

6 Likes

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 03, 2022
With MURIC Yorubas don enter one chance.

342 Likes 37 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Mrkindness: 7:53am On Aug 03, 2022
One day this idiot called MURIC will become a full blown terrorist organization to disturb South West Nigeria.

366 Likes 31 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by SmellyNyash: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2022
And some Christians are blindly and foolishly supporting Moslem Moslem ticket

I pity una life

439 Likes 52 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Totilopussylick(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2022
Mrkindness:
One day this idiot called MURIC will become a full blown terrorist organization to disturb South West Nigeria.

What are they before

A group of terrorists organization tongue

321 Likes 37 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2022
Na to dey carry bomb remain for this terror group called muric.

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
Muric is one of the causative organisms of Nigerian problems.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by SlayerofSatan: 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
MURIC baboon can NEVER open his gorilla mouth unless to shame himself. So general knowledge is now CRK?
I was watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and one of the questiona Frank Edoho asked the guy in the hotseat was "On What Part of the body is a Hijab worn?" and the guy answered simply that it worn on the head. Does that mean that the management of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is promoting Shariah law?

322 Likes 39 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
It'll be nice to know if Muslim related questions were asked too.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Axis313(m): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Muric is very very right,the subtle ways those bigots used in forcing their Christianity on us when we are in the primary school,they always forced us Muslim students to do the useless clapping when they are doing praise worship or whatever on the assembly every morning,if you no clap na cane you go chop.But then,nobody complain.
Thank God today,majority of us have seen the light and see through their evil plot.
Those Muslim students should endure whatever they are going through in the hands of their Christian teachers and examiners,it's just a little time.
I am very sure if reverse is the case,we no go hear word again,all our so called national newspapers will be up in arms accusing Tinubu of trying to Islamize Lagos state and south west,and the CAN won't be left out,those ones will be yammering incoherently,but as the case is right now,we no go hear anything,they don turn deaf and dumb.

MODIFIED
For those quoting me negatively,I know you are very pained,but i don't have any sorry to give anybody,the truth is very bitter.
I am a Muslim and I am a Yoruba and am very proud of it,and it is my duty and obligation to demand for the right of fellow Muslims,I knew what we went through in the hands of those Christian teachers in public schools when we are growing up,forcing us to read bible and so on.
I already knew from the beginning that there are sinister moves by the Christian hierarchy against Southwest Muslims,in all public institutions,state ministries before resumptions in the morning,you will be forced to do morning devotion,if not they will blacklist you.

125 Likes 29 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by agadez007(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2022
When we say Muslims can’t take what they give you think we are lying
They can’t take a simple crK question in a general knowledge exam but want two Muslims to head a secular nation
Let the image below sink into your sub conscious mind

300 Likes 66 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by mbahdi(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Mumuric

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Realmi: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
One Nigeria

1 Like

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Tunasco4u(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ok
Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by UrPapa: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Where religion go lead us for diz country ehn
What advantage has CAN, Muric or whatever done for the betterment of this country or the common man?
Just instigating religious sentiments

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by BESTScientist1: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
I laugh in Swahili........Had they known they wouldn't have crucified the King of glory......when the enemy is strategizing....JESUS is working. Have you heard all things work together for good to them that love God, Have you heard His ways are not our ways. Satan(MURIC) know this: JESUS can NOT be boxed to a corner. Awon odaran jatijati

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Mindlog: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Broda Muri cheesy

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by shortIGBOman: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Peter Obi's People grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by MorataFC: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
I am ashamed on behalf of this man

14 Likes

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Diligent1(f): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Honestly the majority of Christians are not tolerant. I remembered while looking for jobs, immediately they see you are a Muslim, they will put your CV in one side.
In some places I worked, they refuse to call me by my muslim name.
Yet, when you are in your house,they will come and preach Christianity to you likewise in the bus, even early morning in my area around 5:30am they will be there preaching Christianity also at the bus stop they will still give you leaflet.
If Muslims try these, they will be shouting Muslims want to islamis Nigeria.
I can now see that Muslims are more tolerant compare to Christians.

66 Likes 17 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by APCnaPDP: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
sanusideunifier:
With MURIC Yorubas don enter one chance.

This time they are right. How do you expect Muslims to pass when the questions are about Christianity?

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Goodday90(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Axis313:
Muric is very very right,the subtle ways those bigots are used in forcing their Christianity on us when we are in the primary school,they always forced us Muslim students to do the useless clapping when they are doing praise worship or whatever on the assembly every morning,if you no clap na cane you go chop.But then,nobody complain.
Thank God today,majority of us have seen the light and see through their evil plot.
Those Muslim students should endure whatever they are going through in the hands of their Christian teachers and examiners,it's just a little time.
I am very sure if reverse is the case,we no go hear word again,all our so called national newspapers will be up in arms accusing Tinubu of trying to Islamize Lagos state and south west,but as the case is right now,we no go hear anything,they don turn deaf and dumb.
I am sure that you support tinubu’s Muslim muslim ticket
Sure you have no qualms with that
This is for those confused Christians who think that religion don’t matter

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by 5iine: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
Since them begin dine with northerners.. why head no go roll grin

Family business tho....

Them go soon turn west to terrorist ground

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Britishpea: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Omo you can’t please Nigerians. Nigeria is a complex state to govern.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Hambivert: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
MURIC in the true sense acts Anti-Islam.
...That's what a progressive muslim told me by the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Muhylonaire007: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Lolz

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by sotall(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by Osaze007: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2022
Yoruba Christians in the mud

1 Like

Re: MURIC Condemns Lagos For Including CRK Questions In Entrance Exam For Schools by ATLIEN2027: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2022
The criminal Association of Nigeria CAN will be quiet on this one as usual. Bunch of religious fanatical idiots.
Just watch as the Obi tuary Obi diots will be making all sorts of excuses for this Christian agenda.
HYPOCRITES

44 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition / You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student / WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.