Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington (1651 Views)

Putin & Xi Hug Each Other As He Departs Beijing For Moscow (Photos, Video) / Heritage Foundation Says US Military Is WEAK And Unable To Win War (Pics) / US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
During a historic trip to Taiwan Wednesday, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said her visit was intended to make it "unequivocally clear" that the United States would "not abandon" the democratically governed island.

China responded to Pelosi's trip launching military exercises, which China's Ministry of Defense said began on Wednesday with drills in both the seas and airspace surrounding Taiwan. Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense said 27 Chinese warplanes made incursions into Taiwan's air defense identification zone, and 22 planes crossed the median line dividing the Taiwan Strait on Wednesday -- an unprecedented number since Taiwan began publicly releasing information about China's air incursions about two years ago.

As the California Democrat departed the island on Wednesday afternoon for South Korea, there were already signs of the strains her visit to Taipei -- the first by a sitting US House speaker in 25 years -- had placed on Washington's relationship with Beijing -- which warned that her trip would have a "severe impact on the political foundation of China-US relations."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/02/politics/nancy-pelosi-taiwan-parliament-visit/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwjStdiAwqv5AhULXvEDHVz2AsAQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Ihsme4lELehA3jZPSahLv

Seun
Mynd44
nlfpmod

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
This woman is really doughty and dauntless.
Taiwan is not an American ally. But then, no American Administration can afford to dismiss it as an island of non-concern, given America’s ideological commitment to preserve and promote liberal democratic world order

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by PENNYSWAP: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Every thing about China is fake, Even their threat against Nancy P & Taiwan was still fake too.....

Shame shame shame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Righteousness2(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
I Pity Nations and People that put their trust in the United States.
The USA aka Nomerica has never been less ready for a war than it is now.
The US military of today is a Woke and Weakened military. Thousands of able soldiers and Seals have been forced to resign because they refuse the Vaccine.

Infact the US is being Purposely destroyed from within.
If have Spiritual eyes and Understanding, you will see and know that Mystery Babylon is Fallen.

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
PENNYSWAP:
Every thing about China is fake, Even their treat against Nancy P & Taiwan was still fake too.....

Shame shame shame
China is just a paper tiger, why making empty threats

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Zonefree(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Same way they said they'll never abandon Afghans and Ukrainians.

7 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zonefree:
Same way they said they'll never abandon Afghans and Ukrainians.
they spent 20 years in Afghanistan.

Blame Afghan soldiers for refusing to fight Taliban.

As for Ukraine, Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, but they continue to receive enormous support from US and EU

4 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by etrange: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
This woman should be the president of the United States. From her early days in politics till date, she has remained very bold, strategic, decisive, inspiring and daring. This, coupled with her burning desire to do what is she believes is right for the US, is what makes a president. Like her or not, she is a force of nature.

5 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Laggafin: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Of course.. if China do anyhow.. dem go too kollect anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Righteousness2:
I Pity Nations and People that put their trust in the United States.
The USA aka Nomerica has never been less ready for a war than it is now.
The US military of today is a Woke and Weakened military. Thousands of able soldiers and Seals have been forced to resign because they refuse the Vaccine.

Infact the US is being Purposely destroyed from within.
If have Spiritual eyes and Understanding, you will see and know that Mystery Babylon is Fallen.

take US military for granted at your own peril.

They are just applying wisdom to avoid another major global war

5 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Zonefree(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
they spent 20 years in Afghanistan.

Blame Afghan soldiers for refusing to fight Taliban.

As for Ukraine, Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, but they continue to receive enormous support from US and EU
Is Taiwan NATO member? So, when it happens, they'll japa as usual and start to send enormous support

Interesting.

7 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2022
etrange:
This woman should be the president of the United States. From her early days in politics till date, she has remained very bold, strategic, decisive, inspiring and daring. This, coupled with her burning desire to do what is she believes is right for the US, is what makes a president. Like her or not, she is a force of nature.
she inspires me a lot, I remember how she stood up to trump illegality and unconstitutional behaviour
Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Masterito(m): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
There is an act compelling US to defend Taiwan not Ukraine..
Zonefree:

Is Taiwan NATO member? So, when it happens, they'll japa as usual and start to send enormous support

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Laggafin:
Of course.. if China do anyhow.. dem go too kollect anyhow
China is faced with reality now, they have no choice than to back down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Zonefree(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
Masterito:
There is an act compelling US to defend Taiwan not Ukraine..
What's the act please

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by FreeStuffsNG: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
The world will never forget Mrs Pelosi. She is a true amazon!
She was the first to visit Ukraine too.
Check my signature for freebies!

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zonefree:

Interesting.
US and Taiwan have security pact

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Earlystar698(m): 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2022
US interest on the play, imagine if trump is the president with a back up fire tweet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
The world will never forget Mrs Pelosi. She is a true amazon!
She was the first to visit Ukraine too.
exactly, she's trying to rebuild US battered image under Donald trump

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Zonefree(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
US and Taiwan have security pact
cheesy cheesy

Funny though.

Taiwan is on their own when e go sup. Me, I'm not ready to be shouting #PrayForTaiwan. Make everybody respect em self.

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Earlystar698:
US interest on the play, imagine if trump is the president with a back up fire tweet cheesy

trump is a big embarrassment, he will ruin everything and even praise China

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zonefree:

cheesy cheesy

Funny though.

Taiwan is on their own when e go sup. Me, I'm not ready to be shouting #PrayForTaiwan. Make everybody respect em self.
lol, don't underestimate Taiwan's military, China will think twice before doing anything stupid

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by etrange: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
she inspires me a lot, I remember how she stood up to trump illegality and unconstitutional behaviour

At that time, I wasn't even surprised anymore cause I already knew what she was capable of. Being the first female party leader in Congress, she left no stone unturned in making sure that no one takes her words for granted. Recall how she vehemently opposed the Iraq war during President Bush administration.

I don't know how China will respond to this visit, but one thing I know for sure is that, by merely calling thier bluff, she has once again positioned the US as a force to reckon with.

5 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Laggafin: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
China is faced with reality now, they have no choice than to back down
Ahswear

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
etrange:

At that time, I wasn't even surprised anymore cause I already knew what she was capable of. Being the first female party leader in Congress, she left no stone unturned in making sure that no one takes her words for granted. Recall how she vehemently opposed the Iraq war during President Bush administration.

I don't know how China will respond to this visit, but one thing I know for sure is that, by merely calling thier bluff, she has once again positioned the US as a force to reckon with.
I couldn't agree more, you are absolutely right

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Zonefree(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
lol, don't underestimate Taiwan's military, China will think twice before doing anything stupid
grin

That's how you guys hyped Ukraine to their doom grin

3 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Earlystar698(m): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
trump is a big embarrassment, he will ruin everything and even praise China

Lies he is hard on China, he ban Huawei from using Google services and also hate the fact that major US companies assemble their parts in China, remember how he used tweets to scare Iran off last year

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zonefree:

grin

No one ever hyped Ukraine's military because they are grossly outnumbered in everything by Russia.

Infact, many people thought it was going to be a blitzkrieg operation in favour of Russia.

Never you underestimate the power of human will, the determination to fight for freedom

3 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Earlystar698(m): 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zonefree:

grin

The truth is that US nows how to strategise, now they have kept Russia focus with Ukraine while their economy is down, next move is to keep China the (biggest economy without war) , on hold too, that is keep them on focus on how to destroy Taiwan meanwhile US economy will be progressing, remember that they will be selling millions of dollars weapons to Taiwan should China invade but China is smart they won't invade rather negotiate with economic interest but either of the two I.e invade or negotiate economic interest, US will benefits..

US the problem creater and war benefitor.

2 Likes

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by God1000(m): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
Earlystar698:

Lies he is hard on China, he ban Huawei from using Google services and also hate the fact that major US companies assemble their parts in China, remember how he used tweets to scare Iran off last year
forget about the trade war, it was a subterfuge.

Donald trump is a wanna be dictator, he once called himself the law and order president.

He praises and embraces dictators, the likes of xi jinping, Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader

1 Like

Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by Earlystar698(m): 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
God1000:
forget about the trade war, it was a subterfuge.

Donald trump is a wanna be dictator, he once called himself the law and order president.

He praises and embraces dictators, the likes of xi jinping, Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader

Dictators is what Western media make people to believe, those countries you mentioned are doing well and the citizens aren't complaining, remember how western media portray Africa as slum, forget the western propaganda, if them give you visa to either country you mentioned you would go sharply without minding that Nigeria is not being ruled by dictator.
Re: Pelosi Says US Will Not Abandon Taiwan As She Departs For Washington by juman(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Nothing to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tucker Carlson Claims Barack Obama Enjoyed Smoking CRACK And Having Gay Sex..... / GHANA :election 2012: TB Joshua Predicts Round 2 / Mike Pence Changes Twitter Bio To Picture Of Biden And Harris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.