Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. (1125 Views)

DSS Manhunt: Igboho Trying To Get New Passport, Flee Nigeria - FG / Corruption At NDDC: Rodnab, Akpabio And The N16 Billion NDDC Contract / US Report: Massive, Pervasive Corruption At All Levels Of Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by bet9ja(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2022
As we all know, the cost of the new 32-page passport with a five-year validity period is N25,000. However, some applicants part with as much N80,000 to get the 32-page passport with five years validity instead of N25,000.

Since mine was a passport renewal, I decided to visit https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport/ptype/1By1C as encouraged by the Ministry of Interior - Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola-.

The whole process was suppose to last for 3 weeks (As posted on the wall at the Nigerian Immigration Office), but they will purposely frustrate, and delay the printing in order to make you succumb to an agent that will later facilitate the printing.

I captured on the 11th of May 2022, the collection receipt date was 9th June 2022. Since June, I have visited Ikeja 3 times and my passport is yet to be printed as at 3rd August 2022.

Surely, the situation at the Immigration office has deteriorate to the point that no one can process a New passport or renewal with the Nigeria Immigration Service without paying for those who will facilitate the printing.

I decided to visit their twitter space and i realised that we are in a roller coster as a Nation.

I will keep updating this thread should there be any progress.

CC lalasticlala, seun

1 Like

Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by sotall(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2022
This complaint isnt new.

Thousands of Nigerians go through this daily.

Passport issuance that is suppose to be seamless and timely has been overwhelmed by corruption.

Nigerians are made to part with their hard-earned money to corrupt hands in addition to paying the official fees for the document.

This also comes with the stress and waste of time of the applicants.

1 Like

Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by ThrownBack: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2022
Change the narrative with your voters card

Peter Obi for you
Peter Obi for me
Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed for everyone.
vote Peter Obi for a better tomorrow.

Vote for Labour Party

God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by bet9ja(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2022
sotall:
This complaint isnt new.

Thousands of Nigerians go through this daily.

Passport issuance that is suppose to be seamless and timely has been overwhelmed by corruption.

Nigerians are made to part with their hard-earned money to corrupt hands in addition to paying the official fees for the document.

This also comes with the stress and waste of time of the applicants.
You are right.
I had my second Passport renewed in Johannesburg in 2016, It took just 2 weeks.
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by bet9ja(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2022
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by shawrygal(f): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2022
bet9ja:
As we all know, the cost of the new 32-page passport with a five-year validity period is N25,000. However, some applicants part with as much N80,000 to get the 32-page passport with five years validity instead of N25,000.

Since mine was a passport renewal, I decided to visit https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport/ptype/1By1C as encouraged by the Ministry of Interior - Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola-.

The whole process was suppose to last for 3 weeks (As posted on the wall at the Nigerian Immigration Office), but they will purposely frustrate, and delay the printing in order to make you succumb to an agent that will later facilitate the printing.

I captured on the 11th of May 2022, the collection receipt date was 9th June 2022. Since June, I have visited Ikeja 3 times and my passport is yet to be printed as at 3rd August 2022.

Surely, the situation at the Immigration office has deteriorate to the point that no one can process a New passport or renewal with the Nigeria Immigration Service without paying for those who will facilitate the printing.

I decided to visit their twitter space and i realised that we are in a roller coster as a Nation.

I will keep updating this thread should there be any progress.

CC lalasticlala, seun

Good morning, please i also did capturing for renewal in june , I was told to come for it in July, I went there in Aug, it wasn't out because is DIY , those that paid huge amount for fast tracking are the ones collecting.

No one is ready to give me his or her contact to call if is ready.

I was told to wait for their call before coming.
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by etrouble: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2022
We Nigerians are evil people. I think we deserve the useless leaders we have gotten over the decades after all, the leaders are chosen from amongst us. Evil people in an evil land, you, yes, you and I are evil nincompoops

1 Like

Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by etrouble: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2022
ThrownBack:
Change the narrative with your voters card

Peter Obi for you
Peter Obi for me
Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed for everyone.
vote Peter Obi for a better tomorrow.

Vote for Labour Party

God bless you

Whatever you are smoking, stop it before it stops you
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by chinae(m): 7:30am On Aug 17, 2022
I took that route, did the registration online myself, selected an appointment date at February, 5 months after my passport was still not ready.

Was going to there Ikoyi office fortnightly yet the passport was not ready. Sent mail that never delivered.

I got frustrated and paid an agent, I was called same day to go and pick it the next day. Behold I picked it as advised and realized that the passport had been printed long ago but those guys knowing I did not hire the service of any of them kept saying 'Your passport not ready'
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by shawrygal(f): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2022
chinae:
I took that route, did the registration online myself, selected an appointment date at February, 5 months after my passport was still not ready.

Was going to there Ikoyi office fortnightly yet the passport was not ready. Sent mail that never delivered.

I got frustrated and paid an agent, I was called same day to go and pick it the next day. Behold I picked it as advised and realized that the passport had been printed long ago but those guys knowing I did not hire the service of any of them kept saying 'Your passport not ready'

How much did you later paid the agent. Do you have his contact
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by BATified2023: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2022
shawrygal:

Good morning, please i also did capturing for renewal in june , I was told to come for it in July, I went there in Aug, it wasn't out because is DIY , those that paid huge amount for fast tracking are the ones collecting.

No one is ready to give me his or her contact to call if is ready.

I was told to wait for their call before coming.
guy with 60k u will get the 32 pages within 2 weeks
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by shawrygal(f): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2022
BATified2023:
guy with 60k u will get the 32 pages within 2 weeks

So after online payment, i will still pay additional 60K, it is well.
Let them keep it well
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by lionshare: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2022
smiley
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by Bendeco02: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2022
shawrygal:

Let them keep it well
Na over sabi dey worry some of you... Who are you complaining to? The government or who?

This has been the system for long time, you think that you're the first person to ever complained about this?

I did my renewal on April 5th at Awka Immigration office with 55k, and it was ready after 2 - 3 weeks.

If you like don't do what others did, you will complain here tire.

Why don't you go to government house and complain?
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by BATified2023: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2022
shawrygal:

Let them keep it well
no need paying online they will sort it out for u

Just drop your details n everything needed n u are good to go
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by BATified2023: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2022
Bendeco02:

Na over sabi dey worry some of you... Who are you complaining to? The government or who?

This has been the system for long time, you think that you're the first person to ever complained about this?

I did my renewal on April 5th at Awka Immigration office with 55k, and it was ready after 2 - 3 weeks.

don’t mind them

It’s because they don’t need to travel asap

My brother did 10 years validity for 110k n he got it without stress
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by chinae(m): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
shawrygal:

How much did you later paid the agent. Do you have his contact
15k was sent, It was a friend that interfaced with her.

I had asked to get her number but she is unwilling to let it out as she knows I could drag her on Twitter.
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by shawrygal(f): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
Bendeco02:

Are you one of their agent.
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by shawrygal(f): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
chinae:

15k was sent, It was a friend that interfaced with her.

I had asked to get her number but she is unwilling to let it out as she kynows I could drag her on Twitter.
Thanks,i will sort myself out too
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by DWickedLandLord: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2022
Thank God I'm pass complaining stage of life

My own na oya take..get it done

Then come to nairaland to argue with
'Never was' n 'Wannabes'
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by bet9ja(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2022
Thank you guys.

Here is an update. I received text message from the NIS that my Passport is ready for collection.

Once i have it in my palm. I will come back here to explain the details of how i pressurised them.
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by Simeon88(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2022
The sad part is that we have accepted the abnormal as normal. Reading some comments you just feel sorry for this country. It's sad but it's well sha. Las Las but the haves and have not go dey alright.
Peace!
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by shawrygal(f): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
Does ikeja passport office open on Saturday
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by Lastmessenger2: 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
Simeon88:
The sad part is that we have accepted the abnormal as normal. Reading some comments you just feel sorry for this country. It's sad but it's well sha. Las Las but the haves and have not go dey alright.
Peace!
its a pity
Re: New Passport And Passport Renewal Corruption At The Immigration Office. by scribble: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
I paid 130k for 10 year pali

Some dirty aboki from katsina collected the money directly into his account

Thieving bastards parasites

(1) (Reply)

Osun APC Youth Wing Holds Mass Rally For Tinubu. Pictures / Zoom Meeting With Peter Obi: See Moment Obidients Prayed & Sang National Anthem / Checkout This Online Poll Conducted By Adamu Garba, That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.