Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? (24652 Views)

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by LINSAR: 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
pocohantas:
Anything in Nigeria can be abandoned to japa. Even babe sef. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Na until they abandon you japa before you realize grin
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by KIDfurniture(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Be patient but avoid traveling by road for now .

HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by ogkrakkid(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
Y u dey think am twice. Move as fast as u can out of this shit hole. My 2cent.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by ike007(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
Capital YES!!
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.

The best thing would be wait for ASUU to call off the strike. Should you even decide to study abroad, you most likely won't be able to process your academic transcript cause NASU, SSANU, everyone is on strike.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Namdosky(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2022
Japa if you can
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by mystery22: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
LoveGifted:
You are lucky. You even have the money for abroad. People like me no dey reason abroad matter becos no hope. Na just Nigeria.

Right now, I dey find who will give me scholarship for Nursing School. Just got admission into a State Nursing School. Glad it's not under ASUU. Fees are close to 300K. Deadline is Friday. Minus Accomodation o. I'm just tired.

Even if this first year fees are paid. How will I cope with fees of the subsequent years. May God help me.

I need a kind person to show me way.
hello sir,will like to ask you some question.can I dm you
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by yusufmurry: 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Your japa journey has no business with your Nigerian MSc.
Send in your applications. Your First degree is enough to get you an offer even straight PhD.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Elsueno: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

I was almost done with my PhD too, if not for this stu#d strike, was preparing for my internal defense sef......My advice, just apply, if u get, leave this unpatriotic country & complete ur studies where they actually value education even if u have to start over...Max na 2 years & u would be done

besides, d complete process for study abroad is cumbersome, u fit even finish ur MSc b4 that & then japa immediately
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by chelsea1116(m): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
YES BRO!! ABANDON IT!

I was supposed to defend my project when my visa came out and i dropped it. Was studying Masters in telecommunication and at the last stages i got my visa. A professor actually adviced me to travel out.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by NonsenseRubbish: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
The one troubling me is if I should do my masters in Contonou or stay in Nigeria and be finished undecided
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by bayplus: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mide3367:
Wait small.. Obi will change the ASUU narrative

Really?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by RPG2020(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
Them nor dey telling person

Run ooh run
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by biggie73(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
Finish your masters in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Daslim180(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Please wait to finish it here in Nigeria. The time you have used in enduring this strike is lower than the time you will used to start the processing of another Masters in Oversea. Just give it a little time more
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
SO YOU GUYS ARE ALL IN THIS PAINFUL PREDICAMENT AND YOU WILL STILL SHAMELESSLY KEEP SHOUTING, PDP..... POWER !!!!!, APC !!!!!,CHANGE, ARE YOU PEOPLE SURE YOU ARE OKAY?. IMAGINE A NIGERIA STUDENT WASTED ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND STILL COUNTING AT HOME, AND THE PERSON WILL STILL BE DRUMMING SUPPORT FOR THE TWO PARTIES WHICH HAS RENDERED OUR NATION THIS USELESS AS IT 8S CURRENTLY, NO BE SWEAR BE DAT?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Nackzy: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
CAPITAL YES if you have the capacity what are you still here for, or you don't knw that ASUU will always go on strike
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by madridsta007(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Are you really asking this question?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by biggz82: 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Yes and do that with great speed
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by holubee21(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
I thought you have a visa already.. rugged it till you finish then process your traveling in no time.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by adolfHitler1934: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
Odetokun3:

We are in the same shoes.
What's the size please.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by fippycbk(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2022
If you have the funds then don't think twice.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by LOVEGINO(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
if I dey ur shoe, I for no seek for advice.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by RedboneSmith(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

If your BSc is good (at least a 2.1), look for MSc scholarships abroad abeg. And if you get one, abandon the program you're doing here and fly off.

This shouldn't even be a question. I know someone who was months away from finishing his PhD that he had labored on for years. He got a PhD scholarship to Sweden and abandoned the Nigerian PhD.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by introvertious: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
Are you really asking?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Autchhomme: 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

Bro if you want to and have means to japa, pls do. No matter what, that one is defined than this one. Good luck
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by MuslimIgbo: 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mide3367:
Wait small.. Obi will change the ASUU narrative
Lol
Way ray

Obi kọ, ObiTUARY ni grin grin grin
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by PharmacyStore: 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Why not pray about it?

But both ideas are great

2 Likes

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Eniolamodesire: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
How much is the cooking gas per kg in your area?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Mamaafrik1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
abort mission asap.........,but na if your faith carry amoooo
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by naijamerican: 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Yes. Nigeria is a joke filled with fools. Save yourself before it’s too late

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016/2017 OAU Predegree Admission / I Finally Graduated From The University / Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.