Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? (24651 Views)

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / Man Graduates With 4.0CGPA In Masters In USA After Being Mocked By Dad's Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Ppp1p: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Yeah
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by XX01(f): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.

If you can start applying now maybe in time for Jan session. ASUU won't call off the strike till much later when it's politically expedient to do so.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by highbee02: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2022
4 years and still counting. Abeg, JAPA
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by sonofthunder: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mide3367:
Wait small.. Obi will change the ASUU narrative

� � �
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by na2016: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Typicool8:

Please start afresh if you have the resources because the end of ASUU strike isn't feasible. Just let go of what you've wasted and look towards the brighter side if you relocate.

ASUU will soon call off the strike. The strike can't long again. No salaries oo and APC will not want it to be used against them in the elections.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tohsynetita1:
Before one take any post graduate course in Nigeria, one should ask himself or herself the following questions.
How many degree owners are using the result to work in a satisfied place?
How many Masters holder are really using the result to work in a comfortable place and not 'managing'?
Does Masters results really matter in Nigeria labour force?
Am I studying for financial reasons or to add to my scope of Knowledge?
If you are studying for financial reasons, it could be a mistake in this Nigeria,but if to add to knowledge, it's good.
Can I do errand task for my supervisor and bosses in the course of acquiring the degree. Errand tasks like Driving, Picking up kids, marking scripts of Junior students, etc.
Hope I have enough time and money that I could waste if strike strikes? Because if strike occurs, You will continue paying school fees and while the session runs. Don't forget, during strike, there won't be lectures but yet you will pay school fees because the session continue counting. I don't know if it has changed but had such experience. The victim paid for 2 years that school was on strike, and used 5 years for Masters.
Am I financially bouyant? This is another question that should be asked because anything you are asked to pay for at such level, their won't be reasons to avoid it. They believe you are mature and can cater for yourself before you come for the degree. You could spend 1 million naira on a project that they have been doing 19 years ago which they can apply but will not apply to society.
Only Private entity differs.

Private entity differs like how please, people have been saying this
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by LagBae(f): 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
I am currently running my masters degree here in Nigeria with few months to finish before the ASUU strike came.
I have plan to use the certificate to boost my Japa plan initially. I have also invested alot of time and resources into the study.
With each day passing, I am getting really tired of Nigeria and I feel my time is been wasted.
I don't know if I should just start applying to schools abroad to start afresh or wait to finish this course in Nigeria.

Same here. Could've sworn I wrote this myself.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Yimilicious: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
No stay back.... Mumu
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by femi4: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
Please do as soon as possible
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by asuming5646: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
We're in this together. Running Msc since 2019
. How do one explain especially if one's to use this for furthering abroad? Msc degree for 3 years when people you can obtain your PhD in 3yrs.. Abeg, make them just convert my Msc to PhD for me jàre. No time!
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Aguilar(m): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
No go start afresh for abroad. Who your masters for Nigeria epp
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by vickydevoka(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
Finish which course
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Laxy009(m): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
If you’ve gotten admission from overseas universities then you can leave the MSc you’re doing in Nigeria . If you eventually move out and your masters programme can be completed without you being physically present here in Nigeria then you can continue if not dish it .
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Odetokun3(m): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2022
adolfHitler1934:
What's the size please.

If you ask me. Na who I go ask?
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Exsonyaksoncons: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
I even finished mine technically
Finished project
Done with course work
Done with IT
But as I type I'm on my visa to move to do another one
If they like make they resume
If they resume they should send me my certificate
Is expensive thou make I no lie you
But I think is worth it
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by LoveGifted(m): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
mystery22:
hello sir,will like to ask you some question.can I dm you

Yes you can
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by LoveGifted(m): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by TK9995: 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
It depends on you.

If you are already done with your course work, I will advise you gear up to Japa. This is because you can continue your dissertation online with your supervisor.(if na better person)

And you can also defend your dissertation online.

Note: u gaz get influence to make this normal thing happen in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Desusi: 3:33am On Aug 06, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Unlikely your masters degree will have any special recognition abroad
You think your Master degree will have any recognition abroad? Far from it.That's why you cannot immediately get a professional job in abroad on your arrival.ln most cases you would be doing menial job,pending your probation.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by frozen70(f): 5:21am On Aug 06, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,

I think you can start applying for schools abroad if you are interested an afford to train yourself while waiting to see if the strike will end
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by toprealman: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2022
Owerri1stSon:

Please wait bro... finish your masters then come for PHD here..
Only if he is U-20.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Lisastef: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hmmmm....Guy be Patience. Just engage ursef with something else....U Re almost done besides that place u are aiming at for starting afresh may not be all that easy as u think....
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by fapcrook(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2022
Obi4Ever:
Calm down Team Obi is coming. A better system is possible.

I beg daake enu e, oloriburuku lawon politicians yen. All politicians are unfortunate people, they have made a mess of this country. Masses are suffering. God go punish them all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by SURElee(f): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2022
As if Nigeria never taya you. Wait to finish gini? All the certificates you gathered in Nigeria, wet in you don use am do? If you have means, move and go do abroad and live there biko.

Give yourself say 5years abroad and see becomes of you. Biko, move out if you can.

I laughing you are even asking before taking the leap.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Kingjames22: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Seriously people are losing faith in the country with the current happenings. I wouldn't mind trying my luck else where. I have an HND in business administration with a 2.58cgpa, what are my chances in getting at least a partial funded masters program in the US, steps and schools to apply for. Any information would be highly appreciated.
eedobor086@gmail.com
WhatsApp: 07062483227
Thanks.
RedboneSmith:

If your BSc is good (at least a 2.1), look for MSc scholarships abroad abeg. And if you get one, abandon the program you're doing here and fly off.

This shouldn't even be a question. I know someone who was months away from finishing his PhD that he had labored on for years. He got a PhD scholarship to Sweden and abandoned the Nigerian PhD.
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Getnewinfo: 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2022
HustlingHustler:
Hi guys,
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Adaobiii: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
Tohsynetita1:
Before one take any post graduate course in Nigeria, one should ask himself or herself the following questions.
How many degree owners are using the result to work in a satisfied place?
How many Masters holder are really using the result to work in a comfortable place and not 'managing'?
Does Masters results really matter in Nigeria labour force?
Am I studying for financial reasons or to add to my scope of Knowledge?
If you are studying for financial reasons, it could be a mistake in this Nigeria,but if to add to knowledge, it's good.
Can I do errand task for my supervisor and bosses in the course of acquiring the degree. Errand tasks like Driving, Picking up kids, marking scripts of Junior students, etc.
Hope I have enough time and money that I could waste if strike strikes? Because if strike occurs, You will continue paying school fees and while the session runs. Don't forget, during strike, there won't be lectures but yet you will pay school fees because the session continue counting. I don't know if it has changed but had such experience. The victim paid for 2 years that school was on strike, and used 5 years for Masters.
Am I financially bouyant? This is another question that should be asked because anything you are asked to pay for at such level, their won't be reasons to avoid it. They believe you are mature and can cater for yourself before you come for the degree. You could spend 1 million naira on a project that they have been doing 19 years ago which they can apply but will not apply to society.
Only Private entity differs.

Very important
Re: Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? by Ilekokonit: 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
fapcrook:
oloriburuku lawon politicians yen. All politicians are unfortunate people, they have made a mess of this country. Masses are suffering. God go punish them all

A resounding amen to that.

Unlimited ill fortune is the only thing I pray to befall any Nigerian politician that has stolen the money meant for the masses such that a few years ago more than 20% of global malaria deaths in a particular year were from Nigeria - a country where millions can not afford daily food talk less of affording an insecticide treated mosquito net that could have prevented those deaths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016/2017 OAU Predegree Admission / I Finally Graduated From The University / Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.