Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" (17192 Views)

Who Is Buhari’s 2023 Candidate? By Fredrick Nwabufo / Man Rocks Buhari 2023 T-shirt (Photo) / Osun Streets Devoid Of Celebration Despite Oyetola’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Ademola47(m): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
2023 elections ‘ll be devoid of ‘any wuruwuru’ — Buhari assures

… directs security agencies to synergise operational strategies

Ahead of the 2023 general election, President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that there will be “no wuruwuru” to favour and political party or candidate contesting in whatever position.

“In furtherance to this, the President has charged the military, the Police, the DSS and all other security agencies to synergize and effectively review operational strategies and optimally deploy all operational assets towards addressing current and evolving internal security threats ahead of the forthcoming general election’s.”

National Security Adviser, Major Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd) made this known at the opening of a workshop on ‘Election Security Management’ organised by the Nigerian Police Force in Abuja and Solar Security Consult.

Speaking as the special guest of honour at the flag off, the NSA said: “This noble capacity building programme is germane to our national security.

“This election’s security management training organised by the Inspector-General of Police is coming at the most critical time when our country is exploring initiatives to re-position the Nigerian Police Force and other security agencies in delivering a peaceful, secure and credible 2023 general elections is unprecedented and appropriate.

“It will also enhance the capacity to stabilise the current internal security challenges towards creating a conducive environment for the citizens to exercise their franchise.

“A successfully policed and peaceful electoral cycle is a fundamental variable in the quest by any nation to advance its democracy and deepen its democratic ‘gates’.

“The mandate for this process in Nigeria rests principally on the shoulders of the police, being the lead security agency in the electoral process with the intelligence community, other security agencies and the military playing critical complementary roles.

“It is, therefore, expedient that the professional knowledge of the police, military and other security agencies be constantly refreshed, widen and tuned to global best practices in the national quest to consolidate our democracy and meet the yearnings of the citizens for a safe, secure and credible outcome at every electoral cycle.

“In furtherance to this, President Muhammadu Buhari has encouraged and supported the development of policy and legal frameworks, directed and strengthened our democratic institutions and culture, while also advancing the security sector reform agenda that is aimed at enhancing the capacity of the Nigerian Police and other security agencies in the delivery of their election security mandates.

“The presidential assent to the Electoral Amendment bill on 25th of February this year represents a classical statement on the firm commitment of Mr. President to the deepening of our democracy as the new law contains innovative provisions that will enhance the credibility of the electoral process in our country.

“The president also clearly maintains that upholding the autonomy of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, is a veritable pathway to a sustainable democracy.

“In this regard, the financial autonomy granted to INEC in the Electoral Act of 2022 as amended in destructive.

“Indeed, the successes recorded in the recent governorship elections in Anambra, Ekiti and Osun states clearly demonstrates Mr. President commitment to guarantee a level-plain field for our democracy to strife.

“I wish at this juncture to assure you all of the determination of the President to be begueath a leagcy of strong democratic institutions and values to our beloved nation.

“This remains resolute and the commitment in guaranteeing a free, fair, credible and secure general elections in 2023 remains a wavering.

“I must reiterate that the President is firmly committed to delivering an election that is completely transparent and going to command the general acceptance of the Nigerian population.

“This election as far as the President is concerned, will be devoid of, to use the Nigerian parlance, any ‘Wurururu’.

“Now, in furtherance to this, the President has charged the military, the police, the DSS and all other security agencies to synergise effectively review the operational strategies and optimally deploy all the operational assets towards addressing current and evolving internal security threats ahead of the forthcoming general elections.

“I am confident that the Presidential directives will be achieved and the 2023 general elections will be conducted peacefully in a stable security environment.

“Inorder to achieve this strategic objective, a high level of professonalism, patroitism and synergy among all security agencies concerned in the electoral process is fundamental. I am therefore optimistic that this workshop will enhance the capacity of security agencies with the view to providing a lasting solution to our current and future elections security issues.

“As we prepare for the 2023 general elections, I urge all the participants to take full advantage of the opportunity provided by this important training to enhance their professional knowledge, build a professional network and engage in professional peer review interactions that could be explored to sharpen their operational proficiency during the 2023 general elections and other joint internal security task.

“I look forward to a workshop outcome that will positively change elections security governance in Nigeria and guarantee the success of the 2023 general elections”.

In his remarks, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali said, “Election security governance is critical to the advancement of democratic culture across the free world.

“In Nigeria, by virtue of the Electoral Act 2022 (As amended), the Nigeria Police Force is the lead agency in the election security process.

“The Force is, however, complemented by the Military, Intelligence community, and other security and safety agencies.

“The import of this is that the success of every election is determined not just by the strength of the legal framework regulating the course, but by a few other key variables.

“First is the depth of the professional knowledge and operational competence of the Police and other complementary security actors.

“Second, is the electoral space in terms of the security realities of the country, and third is the extent of the professional bond among the security agencies on the one hand, and between the security agencies, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and other strategic stakeholders in the electoral process on the other hand.

“Whichever way we look at these variables, the reality remains that the Nigeria Police is fundamental to the drive to guarantee an internal security space that will be free of threats that could expose our democratic heritage to risks, and conducive enough for the electoral cycle, which is a critical component of democracy, to be fulfilled.”

Among dignitaries at the occasion were the INEC Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu; American Ambassador to Nigeria, Mary Beth-Leonard; the Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi; Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor; Service Chiefs, former IGPs including Dr. Solomon Arase, Ogbonna Onovo, Mike Okiro, MD Abubakar, Aliyu Attah, and representatives of EFCC and NYSC.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/2023-elections-ll-be-devoid-of-any-wuruwuru-buhari-assures/

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Bugie16: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2022
This is a subtle message to Tinubu. If you know , you know.

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Richardonald(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2022
Lalong is competent to be campaign DG, but not competent to be VP grin

For more jokes text Apc to 411grin

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Typicool8(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2022
H
Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by gracealonev: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
What about your remote-control things?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by toneroforever(m): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
“Indeed, the successes recorded in the recent governorship elections in Anambra, Ekiti and Osun states clearly demonstrates Mr. President commitment to guarantee a level-plain field for our democracy to strife.

If PMB can ensure a free & fair election,then BAT's plans of rigging will suffer a huge setback. Nigerians from all walks of life will revolt through the ballot against (1)bad & wicked leadership which BAT/APC represent & (2) corruption which Atiku/PDP represent.

Vote ObiDatti
Vote Labour Party

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Artiiclebeast: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
I have a truckload of negatives to say about Bubu but on this, I'd be humble enough to admit that he did well.

Bubu was tricked in 1983, used, and kicked to the curb by the roguish Maradona who thought he could play a fast one on the timid Fulani herdsman.

The Military cabal of the time headed by the one who supervised the swift decline of Nigeria to this level (IBB) under the sponsorship of MKO was surprised to see Bubu going off script and stifling their criminal and druggie business and had to gang up to sack him.

Exactly the same script played out in 2015 when the Alibaba and his 40 thieves propped up Buhari yet again in the hopes that he'd play to their script and thereafter nominate, support, and influence their ascension to the throne.

But Bubu had his game plan and resolved to do them waka shege and make them all abandon the party back to their vomits in PDP while the ones desperate enough to remain in APC were forced to release a single titled "Emi Lokan"...

You want play with Fulani man ba? Danbruba

I pity the ones gullibly propping up Atiku.

He's playing the same old trick of humility and pandering to everyone's quest, make him enter Aso rock first na that time una go know.

That one kleptomania na follow come.

Having been humiliated the first time, Bubu was resolute in coming back and doing something and leaving a legacy (Good or bad) the jury is still out on that.

We are all witnesses to how many attempts Bubu made to stage a comeback with no luck until 2015.
Perhaps that was when he decided that the legacy he'd leave behind was to set the ground for proper elections in the country without any undue interference hence, the amended electoral reform bill act he followed through and delivered on.

PDP show Bubu shege and he knew that was something he had to correct.

Talk about experience being the best teacher.

Everyone despises Bubu at the moment, but his party people and the ones who propped him up hate him the most for not doing what the previous incumbents had always done, after all, the Nigerian citizens will grumble for a while and thereafter it'd have been business as usual.

Bubu say whosai....to your tent oh everyman.

Go slug it out on your own and Emilokan by yourself.

If the citizens decide to be Emilokan no wahala

Should they decide to be Athiefkulate, ba kwomi

If dem wan Obidient, e no kwansain me.

Bubu the wicked producer...the only man wey sabi mind him business and block him ears.

I do not ever wish to be politically correct or have everyone agree with me when analysing the issues with Nigeria because the ills are too enormous to dissect in one particular trajectory.

If the next President is bold enough to be as nonchalant to the hues and cries of the citizens as Buhari had been all through his term and go about facing one of the ills of this country be it Corruption, power generation, economy, or security, we'd have gotten another issue addressed.

A President who would want to score some cheap points applauds, and caring about what the citizens and media say about his image will fail in achieving a single deliverable from his to do list.

With the way the present Nigeria is setup, any attempt to pander to the yearnings of the citizens to resolve all the ills at the same time will lead to an abysmal failure.

The issues need to be addressed one at a time while other sectors suffer.

This is to say, Nigerians aren't going to have it any easier in the coming years no matter who wins. This is the reality and honest truth.

Buhari has given us the electoral bill and the powers to vote, have our votes counted, and our choice elected, let's see what the next man will do.

If only we could get someone who'd be able to rally the rogues for a discarding of the current nonsense called the constitution and a true and proper constitution drawn up to address every agitation and skewness in the current trash, we would have succeeded in laying the proper foundation upon which we can begin to build a true country alongside the electoral reform act.

But as it presently stands, the above is a pipe dream and impossible with the present thieves and their masters who'd have everything to lose.

All in all, Buhari did some people ntoor, refused to be used and dumped the second time, and is leaving us with an opportunity to begin to get excited about voting and participating in the electoral process and in my opinion, this is laudable.

The Obidients are all fired up, hopeful, and dare to dream of having their candidate win the next Presidential election, it is as a result of Bubu's electoral reform act.

That the Batties are confident that their candidate is the best and most qualified candidate to win it not minding anyone's opinion of him and the lack of the Federal influence, it is all because of Buhari's shege to them all.

That the Athiefkulates are for the first time not so confident in their quest and almost mute in the build-up, we have Buhari's Messiship to thank for that.

Ye Nigerian youths, the ball is now in our court to decide.

Bubu has done his bit and is bowing out soon.

Call him whatever name you think he deserves, let's see where and how we go from here.

I'd love for someone to start a thread where we can discuss the issues bothering us as a nation.

I want to read and learn from the egg heads here and have a decent and mature debate.

If you like insult me, e no kwansign me.
Let's argue, disagree, and debate with facts. That's how civilised people do.

We musnt all agree on all topics and issues. We no be sheep or goats wey be one way all the time.

Even teeth and tongue no dey agree all the time

I hail una..

Peace guys.

Abeg make una help me beg the mods and Seun to stop to dey delete my posts and ban my main moniker (gaby)

They should allow me write my articles and comments in peace.

We all must not reason alike, please.

64 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Prophylactic: 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2022
The only thing working in Buhari government is the camera man.

I just hope he keeps his words because he is a known failure no matter the indices used

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Michelle70(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
he may be many things but mago-mago is not part of him.

love him or hate him

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Maxymilliano(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
Let's hope the new electoral acts will do the magic. I no trust Buhari for anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
If Buhari keep to this promise , then It's bye bye to Tinubu

The Osun message s a strong warning

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by FreeStuffsNG: 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
You can take his word to the bank on this. You do not need to go and verify it.

Meanwhile, nn the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand!

Asiwaju Tinubu is the best and most competent among the candidates. Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

Read Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s economic track records

https://www.nairaland.com/7222062/tinubunomics-dissecting-tinubus-economic-track

That is the track record of a serious contender for the office of a nation's President.

Presidency is for a serious minded focused individual like Asiwaju Tinubu not social media players and overseas Dubai-based student.

Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
Check my signature for freebies!

175 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Honjoshy4u: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
A message to the old man.
Say no to an insensitive devilish muslim-muslim ticket.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Racoon(m): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hope you surely will. Meanwhile,

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Betanaija42moro: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
If na like that, Peter Obi don win be that na

He is the masses choice

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by WhatCanIsay(m): 6:56am On Aug 05, 2022
Na so

Let me tell you a truth, as the month goes by, the more inconsequential Buhari becomes. He wasn't even in the control of his presidency for a long time, not to talk of when his government is coming to an end.

This coming election has two seriously desperate individuals contesting for it, the emilokan man and Atiku. If you in your widest dreams believe that they are leaving anything to chances, I have a bridge to sell to you. It is a do or die for both of them knowing fully well that after 2023, they have no other chance again!

Be prepared for a battle that will either take us out, or screw us in.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by olatade(m): 6:56am On Aug 05, 2022
Just dey go oga. Nigerians can't wait...

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by NYSCPLUG01(m): 6:58am On Aug 05, 2022
Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Yankiss(m): 6:59am On Aug 05, 2022
PMB has long lost credibility. If Fulanis decide to cause a menace during the election, will he fight them? No, he is highly as nepotic as they come. I dont trust the Nigerien colonial master of Nigeria.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:59am On Aug 05, 2022
If u can do this, I will forgive u but wont forget your bad government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by seunayantokun(m): 6:59am On Aug 05, 2022
When the foundation of the whole stuff is wuruwuru . You yourself are wuruwuru.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Fearyourcreator: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
If Buhari keep to this promise , then It's bye bye to Tinubu

The Osun message s a strong warning
I don't pray he kept to it
Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Fiscus105(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu take note

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Promisesmiling(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2022
What is PMB's definition of WuruWuru

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by PrinceMajestic: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2022
I already know he will make sure it's a free fair process because it will favour his fulani kinsman Atiku. Quite a bad situation for tinubu, Mr self acclaimed saint is not even in the picture of winning chance with his unpopular party and criminal minded dumb followers. The election is between Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu. My favorite candidate is Kwankwaso or Tinubu but it's obvious Atiku is the next President.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by shiki(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2022
I hope someone will tell our president that, the presidential election is coming up in February next year
Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by Atarakpa: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2022
Maurice iwu aka wururu comes to my mind. What of Jagajaga pattern Mr president?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:03am On Aug 05, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Leaders At War Over Oyegun’s Future As Tinubu’s Camp Moves Cautiously / Video Of PDP Campaign Rally In Zamfara / PDP Wants Kemi Adeosun Arrested, Accuses FG Of Planning To Help Her Escape From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.