Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano (37726 Views)

Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide In Dubai By Falling Off Apartment / Precious Iwezoa: 13-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Edo (Photos) / 14-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Commits Suicide In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Bimpe29: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2022
One tragedy too many. She shouldn't have killed herself and her family shouldn't have toyed with her life and decision. How could they have thought of marrying her off at age 16? It's really disgusting over here in the North.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by asobo1: 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2022
Villa12:
I'm actually not a Yoruba but I've lived in Yoruba land, Lagos precisely for long

Any Yoruba, Hausa or fulani man and woman campaigning for Obi should have a rethink and retrace their step back. Though this isn't supposed to be so but you see those IGBOS have turned this election to tribalistic one. They have even turn it to religious one

I will support and vote for Tinubu. He has more achievements, antecedents and legacies to point at as a governor and when he left government than EVERY other contestants

Tinubu is very much accommodating and tolerance than other contestants. IGBOS are taking political position in Lagos. IGBOS are civil servants in Lagos and other South western states. IGBOS are doing businesses freely in Lagos and other south western region

Please go to any eastern state to see if you'd see any Yoruba or Hausa man as ordinary councillor. It is a TABOO to the Igbo

To them their igbo president in form of Obi is the best after bread and butter while others are nothing to write home about. Support Tinubu or Atiku and watch them curse, bash or threaten you. They accused you of being paid for supporting Tinubu or Atiku while them are doing it freely. They always insult the Fulani and Hausas and call them all sorts of names. They even call them cow, almajiri etc. They insult the Yorubas calling them fulani slaves. They condemned Nigeria as a country. Claiming Nigeria is a ZOO

ACHIEVEMENT- I WILL VOTE TINUBU
TOLERANCE & ACCOMMODATING- I WILL VOTE TINUBU

For the northerners who reside in the north you can ask any of your family or friends living in Lagos and other South western states they will tell you how Yoruba are so friendly, loving and accommodating. Go to the state headquarter at Alausa ikeja you'll see igbos holding top position without any discrimination

Go to east and see how all positions are occupied completely by all igbos.

An average IGBOS are resentful, spiteful, hateful, bittered et al. They literally see themselves better, superior and more sophisticated than other tribes.

PLEASE verify this my claim if you aren't aware of it and make a decision on who to campaign and vote for

I leave you to your conscience
At the last count, there has been more clashes between Yoruba's and Hausa in the south west than any other tribe. Atiku we know. 2023 elections is between Atiku and Obi but Atiku will win. Buhari/APC have already demarketed themselves in the north here. Moreover Shettima is being viewed as having a hand in Boko haram so on the delay he is losing out in the north. Igbo's are not your problem but your gullibility.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Poleski: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2022
This is what Islam causes. Islam supports pedophilia.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Kingcalls: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Rip to the young girl. No matter what, suicide is never an option.

Of course, the shameless father will debunk the news, he knows selling off his daughter at her young age to a another shameless elderly man is totally wrong.

Just see what this pedophile man made this young girl did to herself out of frustration sad

May God judge and destroy every pedophile and rapist both in this life and Hereafter. IJN (Amen)

Mary was 15 when she was pregnant with Jesus ... western ideology has really 4kd u guys up
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Eriokanmi: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2022
WhizdomXX:

My good friend Eriokanmi, this is a northern thing not an apc thing. With that in mind 'll rather vote an ApC Tinubu than go for Kwankwaso of NNPP or Atiku of whichever party he's in this time.
Your choice my brother. They're still the majority in the apc and would still dictate to tinubu if he wins, same way he was compelled to choose a muslim candidate among them as a condition to back him at the primaries. Whereas, when he went to pick buhari and washed him clean in the eyes of the world, no condition was given . They didn't even believe buhari couid win. They took a back seat and when bubu got there, he brought up northern agenda which only favoured the elites and sidelined everyone, sadly.

I'd rather vote obi who has no godfather and can step on toes when things are going awry and nobody would challenge him. Good luck bro.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by bizzibodi(m): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2022
incandescentena:
lipsrsealed

Things are happening

Even Saudi Arabia has banned marrying a girl below 18 years. Meanwhile in
Nigeria paedophiles and their apologists are hiding behind religion to
continue this despicable act of preying on girls all in the name of marriage.

RIP to the dead child
This Oldman want to break his mentor's record as a phaedophile.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Jennyclay(f): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2022
Kingcalls:

Mary was 15 when she was pregnant with Jesus ... western ideology has really 4kd u guys up
Oga pedo. Who told you Mary was a toddler when she was pregnant undecided?

You pedophile men should stop looking for excuses to run after toddlers please!

It's disgusting. Yuke!!

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by osejie17(m): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2022
greatbuc:
Girls are fighting back. Nobody wants to be dominated in this 21st century
suicide should not be considered a way of fighting back.because the dogs will still go ahead and hunt for more preys.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by WhizdomXX(m): 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2022
asobo1:
At the last count, there has been more clashes between Yoruba's and Hausa in the south west than any other tribe. Atiku we know. 2023 elections is between Atiku and Obi but Atiku will win. Buhari/APC have already demarketed themselves in the north here. Moreover Shettima is being viewed as having a hand in Boko haram so on the delay he is losing out in the north. Igbo's are not your problem but your gullibility.
Atiku will lose.if not for people like him that abandoned pdp when the party needed them the most, Buhari would never have gotten to power. The affliction of another fulani and a betrayer shall not arise the second time.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2022
ZazziAkbar:
What is a 16 year old doing in a marriage?...and funnily, this person that married her won't be probed

I don't blame you because we are using poorly christainized constitution in this country called Nigeria.
What is 16 years old doing in a legal marriage but there is something 14 years old or less doing sexing around and some in baby factories.

Your source of civilisation is America and G7 countries. They are not our source of civilisation but the holy uneditable Qur'an.

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by WhizdomXX(m): 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your choice my brother. They're still the majority in the apc and would still dictate to tinubu if he wins, same way he was compelled to choose a muslim candidate among them as a condition to back him at the primaries. Whereas, when he went to pick buhari and washed him clean in the eyes of the world, no condition was given . They didn't even believe buhari couid win. They took a back seat and when bubu got there, he brought up northern agenda which only favoured the elites and sidelined everyone, sadly.

I'd rather vote obi who has no godfather and can step on toes when things are going awry and nobody would challenge him. Good luck bro.
Good for you.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Okhuadams(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2022
[quote authmaor=dre11 post=115405593]

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/05/16-year-old-girl-commits-suicide-over-alleged-forced-marriage-in-kano/[/quote] If the useless and hopeless idiot of a Fulani father can tell us the name of the demon and let the police invite the demon for questioning to here the demons own side of the story. Until then she was killed and hanged cos she refuse to marry
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by unisnaira: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2022
Villa12:
I'm actually not a Yoruba but I've lived in Yoruba land, Lagos precisely for long

Any Yoruba, Hausa or fulani man and woman campaigning for Obi should have a rethink and retrace their step back. Though this isn't supposed to be so but you see those IGBOS have turned this election to tribalistic one. They have even turn it to religious one

I will support and vote for Tinubu. He has more achievements, antecedents and legacies to point at as a governor and when he left government than EVERY other contestants

Tinubu is very much accommodating and tolerance than other contestants. IGBOS are taking political position in Lagos. IGBOS are civil servants in Lagos and other South western states. IGBOS are doing businesses freely in Lagos and other south western region

Please go to any eastern state to see if you'd see any Yoruba or Hausa man as ordinary councillor. It is a TABOO to the Igbo

To them their igbo president in form of Obi is the best after bread and butter while others are nothing to write home about. Support Tinubu or Atiku and watch them curse, bash or threaten you. They accused you of being paid for supporting Tinubu or Atiku while them are doing it freely. They always insult the Fulani and Hausas and call them all sorts of names. They even call them cow, almajiri etc. They insult the Yorubas calling them fulani slaves. They condemned Nigeria as a country. Claiming Nigeria is a ZOO

ACHIEVEMENT- I WILL VOTE TINUBU
TOLERANCE & ACCOMMODATING- I WILL VOTE TINUBU

For the northerners who reside in the north you can ask any of your family or friends living in Lagos and other South western states they will tell you how Yoruba are so friendly, loving and accommodating. Go to the state headquarter at Alausa ikeja you'll see igbos holding top position without any discrimination

Go to east and see how all positions are occupied completely by all igbos.

An average IGBOS are resentful, spiteful, hateful, bittered et al. They literally see themselves better, superior and more sophisticated than other tribes.

PLEASE verify this my claim if you aren't aware of it and make a decision on who to campaign and vote for

I leave you to your conscience
It is really disgusting seeing your same copy and past comments in all posts, even posts outside Politic section, trying to paint your forefather and bed-ridden, Tinubu as good candidate and writing cheap statements to discredit Peter Obi, been the most vibrant and best candidates among the contestants. Tinubu imposes Buhari on Nigeria and was part of APC government as party leader.

Just because of small money used by Tinubu to by your concience and the destiny of your generation, you start writing nonsense against other best presidential candidates and Igbo race. Poverty is really bad. Poverty has destroy your soul to easily be manipulated.

May the Insecurity, Hardship, Job losses and Hyper inflation of all goods and services that APC Bihari/Tinubu govt brought to Nigeria, happen to you and your generation unborn in Jesus Name, Amen
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Judolisco(m): 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
D 12 Yr old old kano mathematics genius girl was asked what she wanted to become In future and she said I want to get married and I became sober... It's not her fault it's jst d environment in which she found herself

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Nonywendy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2022
Godfullsam:
The north and under aged / forced marriages na 5 & 6.

And the father claimed his daughter was possessed by demon.

You know your daughter was possessed and you still gave her out in marriage shocked?
Chai!
the thing baffle me too. U knw she was possessed why not find cure? This Malo pple sha
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Nonywendy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2022
imagrg:
It appears age of consent doesn't apply in the North.
Here in the South, it's a crime to screw a girl that's below 18. undecided
NOrth is in a different continent with south bro
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
Shaggyswang:

You prefer the one where you are the one doing the bargaining so u can deceive the man that it's love?
KWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWA cheesy cheesy
absolutely yes. It’s a no brainer. are you dense or just xtupid or both?

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by cococandy(f): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2022
Safyqueen:

I don't blame you because we are using poorly christainized constitution in this country called Nigeria.
What is 16 years old doing in a legal marriage but there is something 14 years old or less doing sexing around and some in baby factories.

Your source of civilisation is America and G7 countries. They are not our source of civilisation but the holy uneditable Qur'an.
both are wrong. Next!

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Kingcalls: 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Oga pedo. Who told you Mary was a toddler when she was pregnant undecided?

You pedophile men should stop looking for excuses to run after toddlers please!

It's disgusting. Yuke!!

The problem with people like u is that u are very dull ... no single research..u just follow crowd without asking questions ...u can never have the wisdom or smartness of a leader ...thats y u most of u women can't lead

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Stone24: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hausa and early child marriage, Ned Nwaokolo abeg tell ur kins to repent
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2022
cococandy:
both are wrong. Next!

Wrong from which context please? I thought you will argue logically to educate the public.
Google is your friend to view different ages across the world set for marriage, voting, self legal representation ages.
To help you a little, in Paraguay, Syria and Bangladesh, the minimum is 12. It also varies across the states of America highest been 18.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by raskal(m): 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2022
princepeter566:
That's why Bible said, fear north

Which chapter and verse
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by cococandy(f): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
Safyqueen:

Wrong from which context please? I thought you will argue logically to educate the public.
Google is your friend to view different ages across the world set for marriage, voting, self legal representation ages.
To help you a little, in Paraguay, Syria and Bangladesh, the minimum is 12. It also varies across the states of America highest been 18.

It’s wrong from whose perspective? From the perspective of the child who’s being abused. Are you a mor0n? What kind of xtupid question is that?

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by KingRSHD2(m): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2022
Karlovich:
cry Tinubu again!

U b mumu
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by newdawn2017(f): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2022
greatbuc:
Girls are fighting back. Nobody wants to be dominated in this 21st century
Yeah ! That's right my dude cool
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2022
cococandy:

It’s wrong from whose perspective? From the perspective of the child who’s being abused. Are you a mor0n? What kind of xtupid question is that?

Empty barrel head with nothing baby factories cannot argue without insult. By for now.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by LadyD22(f): 12:12am On Aug 07, 2022
Do
wany:

Why will anyone ever think of dominating another, what for .

Can you not see? To men in Nigeria and universally women are properties or pets , they'll do anything to make sure it stays that way .

Why? because , men are very scared of women , especially women who know that they're women , you have the power to create life , emotionally intelligent, you're more in tune with mother nature , you have powers in your body, and that is why when a woman manifest her dreams consistently and sincerely, it becomes reality and when she lays a curse on you you're totally fuuuuuckeeed,

your religious leaders have brainwashed men to believe that women were created as Jara , a help meet and that women are inferior , weak and second class citizens, when in fact women have more spiritual powers than men , why do you think ritualist mostly demand for female body parts and why do think even your panties and your periods holds power that is used to create wealth for stupid ignorant people , women are stronger and more populated , so if we're destabilized , power remains in their favour

all the preachers say noone comes before your husband and if your husband says kill yourself then pray to God to change his heart , like Moses changed Pharaoh's heart after God intentionally hardened it to prove a point , so romantic cool

Only a new born baby would not know that this world thrives in misogyny and I'll be damned if I participated in this , but don't worry there are few men who are on our side , it is hard to be a man and not be misogynistic , men are like crabs in a basket , if one of them tries to escape , the others will claw him down , so when you find a man who respects you as a woman and an equal human being , have sense please

While some don't even know that they're misogynistic , it's a bit sad but like I said I'm not participating in this , I'm on the brighter side of things and it stays that way grin

Do have a good day

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by taiwolomo1: 1:22am On Aug 07, 2022
Jennyclay:
Rip to the young girl. No matter what, suicide is never an option.

Of course, the shameless father will debunk the news, he knows selling off his daughter at her young age to another shameless elderly man is totally wrong.

Just see what this pedophile man made this young girl did to herself out of frustration sad

May God judge and destroy every pedophile and rapist both in this life and Hereafter. IJN (Amen)
u always among the first 5 to comment on any thread...e be like ur keyboard is ur source of income oh
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by SubellaKT: 2:41am On Aug 07, 2022
Too sad, shocked
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by FireUpNow(m): 3:54am On Aug 07, 2022
greaT179:
is that one frustration or .....
Do you understand the psychology of girls who are teenagers. It's a frustration because she was married out to a man she was not in love with and also against her wish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Grow A Big Chest Without Using Gym Equipment / Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? / How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.