Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano (37730 Views)

Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide In Dubai By Falling Off Apartment / Precious Iwezoa: 13-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Edo (Photos) / 14-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Commits Suicide In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by badaba3083: 4:17am On Aug 07, 2022
Hdg

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Elidrisy20: 5:49am On Aug 07, 2022
imagrg:
It appears age of consent doesn't apply in the North.
Here in the South, it's a crime to screw a girl that's below 18. undecided
lier
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Tzar(m): 6:08am On Aug 07, 2022
Does the Nigerian Constitution allow a man to marry a child under 18yrs old?! Please lawyers should enlighten me o!
What a useless country, where the North & South are governed differently.
The South is held captive by a constitution forced on them by the North, while the North is allowed to be ruled outside the Nigerian Contstitution!
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/05/16-year-old-girl-commits-suicide-over-alleged-forced-marriage-in-kano/
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by UNUKHASO: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2022
I WILL RATHER BE A PEGAN THAN TO FOLLOW UP WITH A RELIGION THAT WILL NOT ALLOW ME MY FREEDOM OF THINKING THAN TO COPY SOMEONE STORY OF LIFE IN THE NAME OF GOD
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Shaggyswang(f): 6:56am On Aug 07, 2022
cococandy:
absolutely yes. It’s a no brainer. are you dense or just xtupid or both?
If you didn't have a lump of fufu in your skull instead of a brain, you'd see the glaring sarcasm in the rhetorical question, clearly evidenced by my derisive laughter at she and other delusional females beliefs that they can treat themselves like objects for sale and not expect men to treat them as such too. Trickle down effect cool
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by GloriousGbola: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2022
Safyqueen:

I don't blame you because we are using poorly christainized constitution in this country called Nigeria.
What is 16 years old doing in a legal marriage but there is something 14 years old or less doing sexing around and some in baby factories.

Your source of civilisation is America and G7 countries. They are not our source of civilisation but the holy uneditable Qur'an.

so you will marry off your six year old daughter to a 60 year old man?

you will enthusiastically at the age of 9 jump into the bed of your grandfather's mate?

you will happily let your husband rape any women his right hand possesses, since it is legal in Islam?

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Midas01: 7:21am On Aug 07, 2022
Na that western influence go kill all of you fools.
Splitmind:
Why should she do such a sinful thing?

Suicide is haram and I can only blame western influences for her actions.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by gaskiyamagana: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2022
NwaAdazzi:

22 Reasons Why Nigerians Won't Vote Tinubu
Away from his deteriorating health and fading memory, Nigerians have over 20 Red Lines and Unanswered Questions Tinubu has refused to answer.
1. What's the name of Tinubu's primary school?
2. Who are Tinubu's schoolmates or teachers? Mention at least 2.
3. Which year did Tinubu finish primary school?
4. Who is Amoda Yekini Ogunlere or Bobo Chicago?
5. Who is Hameed Sangodele?
6. What is Tinubu's age?
7. How much does he swindle Lagos state every day?
8. Why did he run to France during ENDSARS?
8. Reno and US investigative reporters have accused him of drug peddling/cocaine deals. Why is he not clearing his name?
9. Who killed Funso William?
10. Who owns alpha beta and how does he run the company using Lagos purse?
11. How will he fight corruption after being declared the most corrupt politician alive for commiting the most daring money laundering crime using bullion vans at the eve of 2015 election?
12. Why is Tinubu dodging live TV shows, live interviews after even being challenged by Atiku and Nigerians?
13. Why are PM News and Nation Newspaper carrying fake News about Obi and Atiku? An example is the Nation Newspaper's report that Ngozi Adichie's sister was killed.
14. Why did Tinubu remove Ambode?
15. Why did Tinubu reject Obaseki after Obaseki had gone to Lagos two times to beg Tinubu?
16. Why does Tinubu call Osibanjo Judas?
17. What is the state of Tinubu's health and why does he want to die in Aso Rock? A lot of pictures flood internet space showing his messy wet pants.
18. The great Tinubu's family of Lagos just disowned him in a widely circulated book, why has he not responded and cleared his name?
19. Why is that everything about him is dangerously negative including growing agbero gangs in Lagos?
20. Why does he always hide his right hand in his clothes? Is the hand dead?
21. What lesson did Tinubu learn from Edo no be Lagos?
22. Should Buhari be behind bars, old people's home or running for president?

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by gaskiyamagana: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2022
Poleski:
This is what Islam causes. Islam supports pedophilia.
Christamadol consumer
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by gaskiyamagana: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2022
Poleski:
This is what Islam causes. Islam supports pedophilia.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by cococandy(f): 7:27am On Aug 07, 2022
Shaggyswang:

If you didn't have a lump of fufu in your skull instead of a brain, you'd see the glaring sarcasm in the rhetorical question, clearly evidenced by my derisive laughter at she and other delusional females beliefs that they can treat themselves like objects for sale and not expect men to treat them as such too. Trickle down effect cool

This 16 year old that’s being forced marry and be subjected to constant sexual assault is among your “delusional females” that deserve to be sold because other women in other parts of the want to what they wish with their bodies?

Aren’t you a waste of space like this? The fact that you even think you’re making any atom of sense astounds me. A woman’s body belongs to her and she can do what she wants with it. If you don’t like, go jump in stream. Xtupid ass

1 Like

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2022
I don't support forced marriage in any way.
But I hate it when people say its only done in the North.
We have forced marriage in other parts of the country , west east and south.
In some of these places young girls are sold off to settle debts, obtain favors, and into slavery.

Easterners sell off their daughters, Places like AKS and CRS girls are married off to settle debt.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by ufotunang: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2022
The northerns especially the Muslims like this early marriage too much...they will even derive the girl of completing her secondary school education and force her to marry for their financial gain and selfish interest
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Shaggyswang(f): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2022
cococandy:

This 16 year old that’s being forced marry and be subjected to constant sexual assault is among your “delusional females” that deserve to be sold because other women in other parts of the want to what they wish with their bodies?

Aren’t you a waste of space like this? The fact that you even think you’re making any atom of sense astounds me. A woman’s body belongs to her and she can do what she wants with it. If you don’t like, go jump in stream. Xtupid ass
Trickle down effect seems to mean nothing to you.
Sorry sweetie, world don't work the way your feminine lackluster consequence-absent brain wishes it does.
When what women "wAnT tO dO wItH tHeIr bOdIeS" always invariably means commodifying themselves, they will continually be treated like commodities and trickle down effect means it won't be only the perpetuators who suffer.
Reality smacks females hard in the face don't it!
I'm in the stream drinking your feminist tears sweetie

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Comedian2019: 8:58am On Aug 07, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
Forced marriage is evil ! No one should be taken against his or will into a union ! It’s unacceptable! May the Lord have mercy on her soul .
Their religion is not against it. Since they don't want to borrow sense, they can continue to mumu themselves.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by cococandy(f): 9:51am On Aug 07, 2022
Such a long sentence to simply say you’re a pedophilic mor0n.
You could use fewer words.
Shaggyswang:

Trickle down effect seems to mean nothing to you.
Sorry sweetie, world don't work the way your feminine lackluster consequence-absent brain wishes it does.
When what women "wAnT tO dO wItH tHeIr bOdIeS" always invariably means commodifying themselves, they will continually be treated like commodities and trickle down effect means it won't be only the perpetuators who suffer.
Reality smacks females hard in the face don't it!
I'm in the stream drinking your feminist tears sweetie

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

so you will marry off your six year old daughter to a 60 year old man?

you will enthusiastically at the age of 9 jump into the bed of your grandfather's mate?

you will happily let your husband rape any women his right hand possesses, since it is legal in Islam?

You are not a Muslim and you don't have the knowledge of Islam and the Qur'anic injunctions that talks about the areas you mentioned above.
You sounded like one of those media attackers of Islam. Stop embarrassing yourself in the public please. Your source of information about Islam is media, therefore I can't waste my precious time educating you. Just become a Muslim, then you see the beauty in it and also you will be able to expunge all the lies schooled into your head by media and from the street.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by GloriousGbola: 9:57am On Aug 07, 2022
Safyqueen:

You are not a Muslim and you don't have the knowledge of Islam and the Qur'anic injunctions that talks about the areas you mentioned above.
You sounded like one of those media attackers of Islam. Stop embarrassing yourself in the public please. Your source of information about Islam is media, therefore I can't waste my precious time educating you. Just become a Muslim, then you see the beauty in it and also you will be able to expunge all the lies schooled into your head by media and from the street.

i am a muslim

try again

or you are another of those mental weaklings who lives in denial or what is in the hadith and Quran, cherry picking

Now answer the question - would you agree to be married off at age 6 and the marriage consummated at age 9 to your dad's number one paddy

when i was much younger, i always wondered exactly who the people possesed by the right hand were - since the Quran is full of admonitions about illegal sexual intercourse.

but maybe you can tell us exactly who these people who are legal outside of a marriage are.

we are waiting

please feel free to embarrass me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 10:22am On Aug 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i am a muslim

try again

or you are another of those mental weaklings who lives in denial or what is in the hadith and Quran, cherry picking

Now answer the question - would you agree to be married off at age 6 and the marriage consummated at age 9 to your dad's number one paddy

when i was much younger, i always wondered exactly who the people possesed by the right hand were - since the Quran is full of admonitions about illegal sexual intercourse.

but maybe you can tell us exactly who these people who are legal outside of a marriage are.

we are waiting

please feel free to embarrass me

It is easy to say I am a Muslim but the way you sounds will expose you.
What you are asking is a common knowledge to a Muslim and therefore needlessly explained to you via nairaland as I said no time please. You are still resonating with what western media schooled into your head about Islam. It is a pity you cannot differentiate between 6 and 16 in the first place as per this thread.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by GloriousGbola: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2022
Safyqueen:

It is easy to say I am a Muslim but the way you sounds will expose you.
What you are asking is a common knowledge to a Muslim and therefore needlessly explained to you via nairaland as I said no time please. You are still resonating with what western media schooled into your head about Islam..

I see. You are the lazy empty headed type who can only recite transliterations and who relies on an alfa for interpretation of the Quran

It is impossible for you to answer the question because you are too weak minded to admit that no matter how much Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is celebrated, some things he did are best left in that time.

I hope you are able to go up to your dad and ask him to marry you off to his paddy. And when you are older, I hope you are able to marry your daughter off to your older friend.

No need for any nonsense western decadent civilisation when we have the perfect unaltered unchanged Islamic civilisation.

2 Likes

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Shaggyswang(f): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2022
cococandy:
Such a long sentence to simply say you’re a pedophilic mor0n.
You could use fewer words.
You're one of the few people who follow their own advice. Nice

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 10:51am On Aug 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I see. You are the lazy empty headed type who can only recite transliterations and who relies on an alfa for interpretation of the Quran

It is impossible for you to answer the question because you are too weak minded to admit that no matter how much Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is celebrated, some things he did are best left in that time.

I hope you are able to go up to your dad and ask him to marry you off to his paddy. And when you are older, I hope you are able to marry your daughter off to your older friend.

No need for any nonsense western decadent civilisation when we have the perfect unaltered unchanged Islamic civilisation.

Since you cannot differentiate between 6 and 16 as per this thread and you don't understand prophet-hood being not ordinary human beings like me and you, why do I waste my time on you?
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by GloriousGbola: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2022
Safyqueen:

Since you cannot differentiate between 6 and 16 as per this thread and you don't understand prophet-hood being not ordinary human beings like me and you, why do I waste my time on you?

good riddance

empty head. go and talk to your alfa. then you can come back after he has explained to you. tongue

you want to pretend that you are not defending this based on actions of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) as reported in the Quran and Hadith?

blathering about western civilisation while typing in english and using a moniker that referneces a discarded european culture [monarchy]

get off this site - HYPOCRITE!

you are only able to post here because of the westernisation you claim to despise. otherwise, if you had been from a dirt poor background, you would have been marrid off at 14 to an old man

i actually saw this happen in secondary school. one jss 3 girl from a poor family lost her dad, next thing the uncle had married her off.

but hey - its the peak of civilisation, not so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Roozzaay(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2022
imagrg:
It appears age of consent doesn't apply in the North.
Here in the South, it's a crime to screw a girl that's below 18. undecided

And yet hardly would you ever find a 13 year old virgin in the south cheesy cheesy North, South ain't no difference, North just makes it look legitimate. Entire human race is screwed up.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by greatbuc(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2022
osejie17:

suicide should not be considered a way of fighting back.because the dogs will still go ahead and hunt for more preys.
Some situations are better left unraveled.. Can you be surrounded by hungry lions hope to be buried? Death is certain but she chose her best route.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Kkk777: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Arrest the father. He is trying to cover up. She didn't hang herself in her father's house. So, thr demon is only active in her husband house?
The police should investigate the case and put all involved behind the bar.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Hakeem3(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
Shaggyswang:

He gave her off to man that can pay her bills like the property she is.
Isn't that what you broke ass olosho Nigerian IfemIniShI are crying upandan? Oh you don't like this one? You prefer the one where you are the one doing the bargaining so u can deceive the man that it's love?
KWAKWAKWAKWAKWAKWA cheesy cheesy
Stop being a nuisance to yourself and the society at large.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Safyqueen: 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

good riddance

empty head. go and talk to your alfa. then you can come back after he has explained to you. tongue

you want to pretend that you are not defending this based on actions of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) as reported in the Quran and Hadith?

blathering about western civilisation while typing in english and using a moniker that referneces a discarded european culture [monarchy]

get off this site - HYPOCRITE!

you are only able to post here because of the westernisation you claim to despise. otherwise, if you had been from a dirt poor background, you would have been marrid off at 14 to an old man

i actually saw this happen in secondary school. one jss 3 girl from a poor family lost her dad, next thing the uncle had married her off.

but hey - its the peak of civilisation, not so?

The problem of online discussion of this nature is lack of one to one, face to face with each other.
I still insist you are not a Muslim. If you are, you will see that islam is not against going to school but against taking other people's culture that is not Islamic.
The role of Islam and Muslims to what is available as education vis-a-vis technology today is too immense to be discarded. The foundation of maths which is numbers originated from Arabic numerals in conjunction with ancient Greek.

Islamic culture does not say you should marry your daughter out at the age of 6 but some cultures that may not even be an Islamic one does. Marriage is not all about sex. It is about be in charge and control.

Animals doesn't even indulge in sexual relationship with one another except the female/parties has come of that matured age talk less of human beings.

There is no holy book in this world that stipulate the minimum age gap that should be allowed between a couple also.

Your mentality is tailored by media to see every Muslim act as the position of islam. You have forgotten that Islam is for the entire universe with diverse cultural background.

If you are a Muslim this argument wouldn't have ensued because every of my comments is well guarded.

Therefore marriage has no universal categorization. It depends on culture and varies from place to place.

Google is your friend to see the matured ages for marriage as instituted in various countries'
constitution.
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by bigcasava1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
The blood of that girl is on their head
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by Shaggyswang(f): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2022
Hakeem3:

Stop being a nuisance to yourself and the society at large.
Y
Re: 16-year-old Girl Commits Suicide Over Forced Marriage In Kano by PharmacyStore: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2022
Very Sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? / How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same / Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.