Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? (1721 Views)

FG Developed Lagos, Not Tinubu - Atiku / Ope Banwo: Man Who Developed Peter Obi App Accuse Supporters Of Blackmail / Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Vote4ObiDatti: 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
A lot of falsehoods and misconception is being passed around on the cyberspace about who is the architect of Lagos development. Based on achievements, selflessness, incorruptibility, professionalism and being futuristic, evidences abound that late Lateef Jakande was an exceptional governor who did great things for Lagos despite ruling for just 4 years! His legacies and landmarks are just everywhere in Lagos, till today about 40 years later!

However, due to politics of stomach, some cronies and hirelings are busy distorting the truth while promoting falsehoods. Ask any adult who is at least 60 years old about how Lateef Jakande governed Lagos in the 80's. Trying to compare Tinubu's 8 years of lacklustre performance between 1999 and 2007 is grave injustice. While you can still see Jakande's legacies all across Lagos, same can't be said of Tinubu who only left as governor in 2007. I won't bore anyone by rehashing Jakande's legacies because they're too many, instead I will leave screenshots of them.

To Nigerian youths, particularly those in Lagos, don't allow propaganda and utter lies being promoted by fifth columnists to deceive you. Please ask questions or make your own research, Tinubu is not fit to untie Baba Lateef Jakande's shoes talk more of trying to compare his great 4 years as governor to that of Tinubu. Yet, Baba Jakande didn't tax anyone to death, he never enriched himself, family or cronies instead he lived a modest lifestyle till his death. Can anyone compare such great man with Tinubu that has allocated most of Lagos resources to himself, family and cronies? I saw a list of properties, lands and all that was seized from the state by this man and I almost shed tears for the Black man.

This man is so wicked to be traveling to the best hospitals in Europe every other week in his private jet while Lagosians don't even have access to clean pipe borne water, good roads or mass housing. It was reported recently that Tinubu's children bought condos worth millions of dollars in the US! All these primitive accumulation of wealth while the majority suffers is the sole reason why Blacks have remained underdeveloped, poor and wretched.

It's unfair to compare a selfish man that enriched only himself, family and cronies with a great man who only worked for the greater good of Lagosians.

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
It’s a continuous job done by not one person. But no doubt Tinubu did a great job during his tenure as governor of Lagos State.

And he passed it on to BR Fashola, down to Sanwo Olu that is currently in power.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Philipponzaghi: 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lol when they mention Jakande, they mention some school and housing estate.

Jakande developed Lagos and yet, Lagos don’t have the below:
There was no lekki ajah ajah bridge... No banana island, no eko Atlantic, no dangote refinery, no lekki free trade zone, no brt, no brt bus terminals, no Lagos ferry transportation, igr was 600 million, no lekki sea port, no jubilee
bridge, no lagos light train, no lasu state teaching hospital ,
No lamata, lasma, neighborhood watch, no lasera just name it.

What catapulted Lagos is the economic plan of Tinubu that saw the state revenue increased over 700%. Same man brought vast investments into Lagos that successive governors are building on to give the state a workable plan.

To be fair to Pa Jakande, he used just few years as governor and yet he achieved such feat, but comparing Tinubu developmental stride with regards to wealth and economy to that of Jakande is an aberration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Philipponzaghi: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
I also laugh when people talk about Jakande schools, those schools don’t come close at all to Tinubu millenium schools he built across Lagos as far back as 2000.

Jakande school are like any regular school back then in other states, just small school that can’t even withstand current realities.

But Tinubu pioneered model schools in Nigeria with structured building that is even more better and more outstanding than many other governors are building today. Even most governor in today era can’t build such schools.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Bobloco: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is the real fact check

At least to let those Agbadorites and Jagabandits know that Lagos State existed long before The Emilokan crooner came and wreck it

The modes should please move this to the front page

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Vote4ObiDatti: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2022
callme9mm:
It’s a continuous job done by not one person. But no doubt Tinubu did a great job during his tenure as governor of Lagos State.

What great job did Tinubu do in Lagos aside enriching himself, family and cronies?

Tinubu's tenure began in 1999 and ended in 2007, please mention the great things he did within that period. Some mischievous persons would rather give credit of what governors like Fashola and Ambode did to Tinubu which is very wrong!

Meanwhile, more of Jakande's legacies below

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by adekolaelect(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu haters are just embarrassing themselves up and down . How was the Lagos be when Tinubu and his group of progressive take control of Lagos till now? How was oshodi and other environment was in the last 12 years? What was the Igr of Lagos compare to present? What was the % of economy courage and investment in Lagos compare to present? Even the numbers of migrators from other region to Lagos speak volume .

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
It sounds stupid when crumbs eaters want to compare Jakande with a drug lord called Tinubu.
Even Fashola work very well more than Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
callme9mm:

And he passed it on to BR Fashola, down to Sanwo Olu that is currently in power.
the problem with Tinubu crumbs eaters is they always try to claim Fashola achievement as tinubu's.
I want someone to mention 10 achievement of Tinubu through out his 8 years of stealing Lagos dry.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Abfinest007(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
U claim tinubu develop "Lagos* but fail to accept that he has failed Nigerians with this buhari regime

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
adekolaelect:
Tinubu haters are just embarrassing themselves up and down . How was the Lagos be when Tinubu and his group of progressive take control of Lagos till now? How was oshodi and other environment was in the last 12 years?
how was Oshodi from 1999 to 2007. Fashola achievement is different from Tinubu failure.
Mention 5 achievement of Tinubu let see.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Crumbs eaters are claiming Tinubu has done this and that. But when you ask them to mention only 2 achievement by Tinubu they will start mentioning Fashola and Ambode achievement.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by adekolaelect(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sunday2021:
how was Oshodi from 1999 to 2007. Fashola achievement is different from Tinubu failure.
Mention 5 achievement of Tinubu let see.
see how they over serious abt s w achievement but failed to monitor their governor's why their region has become a home for Terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2022
Flood is killing lagosians but crumbs eaters will not blame Tinubu but they will praise Tinubu when lekki deep sea port is mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
adekolaelect:
see how they over serious abt s w achievement but failed to monitor their governor's why their region has become a home for Terrorists.
we are talking about Tinubu, If you want to talk about any governor creat a topic in that respect.
Again, Mention 5 achievement of Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by adekolaelect(m): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sunday2021:
we are talking about Tinubu, If you want to talk about any governor creat a topic in that respect.
Again, Mention 5 achievement of Tinubu.
Even only one achievement of making Lagos a home for migrators and Investors to the point of claiming it a no man's land is more than what any Governor do in this country .If you no gree ask the Iyamiris porpulation in Lagos far back 1999 and present.

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
adekolaelect:
Even only one achievement of making Lagos a home for migrators and Investors to the point of claiming it a no man's land is more than what any Governor do in this country .If you no gree ask the Iyamiris porpulation in Lagos far back 1999 and present.
see mumu! Do you know how many igbos were in Lagos before Tinubu was born? Tinubu has achieved nothing in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by apache22b: 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
The power is in your hands, if you want to continue suffering in Nigeria vote Peter Obi.

If you want boost in our economy and Security,vote Tinubu.

Tinubu is the only Messiah we have to make things right again for us all in Nigeria.

Vote Tinubu wisely

Forget Peter Obi he's a nosie maker and that's where it all ends .

Tinubu 2023 all the Way for economic growth,peace and harmony shocked

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by NyamiriFlathead(m): 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2022
BAT is the man for the job
Emilokan 1, on your mandate i stand gidigba
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by adekolaelect(m): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sunday2021:
see mumu! Do you know how many igbos were in Lagos before Tinubu was born? Tinubu has achieved nothing in Lagos.
ok sir

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sunday2021:
the problem with Tinubu crumbs eaters is they always try to claim Fashola achievement as tinubu's.
I want someone to mention 10 achievement of Tinubu through out his 8 years of stealing Lagos dry.

Lol. I wish there’s a voice note response on this site. Fashola isn’t Tinubu’s boy ? . Fashola is Tinubu’s project. All governors of Lagos state after Tinubu are all his boys. No place in Nigeria has a good vision like Lagos State. Tinubu really contributed to the growth of Lagos State. Don’t act like you don’t know all these that I’m saying just because you personally don’t him. Just because you want an Igbo man to rule Nigeria.

Tinubu is a brilliant man and he is capable of taking Nigeria 10years ahead of other countries in Africa in terms of good economy.

Peter Obi is a third class graduate. He can’t stand anywhere near Tinubu.

Obi himself cannot stay in Anambra. He stays in Lagos.

If he had done well or had good plans for his state, he will be able to stay there permanently.

I know Igbos love yoruba a lot and they love Lagos State. I know igbos would love to work hand in hand with Yorubas cos Yorubas are peaceful people and don’t like cheating. Yorubas like to say the truth, and they are atleast more unified than the IGbos.

Igbos aren’t unified. I believe the person who snitched on that Biafra fighter before he was arrested in Kenya is an Igbo person.
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by BATified2023: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
A lot of falsehoods and misconception is being passed around on the cyberspace about who is the architect of Lagos development. Based on achievements, selflessness, incorruptibility, professionalism and being futuristic, evidences abound that late Lateef Jakande was an exceptional governor who did great things for Lagos despite ruling for just 4 years! His legacies and landmarks are just everywhere in Lagos, till today about 40 years later!

However, due to politics of stomach, some cronies and hirelings are busy distorting the truth while promoting falsehoods. Ask any adult who is at least 60 years old about how Lateef Jakande governed Lagos in the 80's. Trying to compare Tinubu's 8 years of lacklustre performance between 1999 and 2007 is grave injustice. While you can still see Jakande's legacies all across Lagos, same can't be said of Tinubu who only left as governor in 2007. I won't bore anyone by rehashing Jakande's legacies because they're too many, instead I will leave screenshots of them.

To Nigerian youths, particularly those in Lagos, don't allow propaganda and utter lies being promoted by fifth columnists to deceive you. Please ask questions or make your own research, Tinubu is not fit to untie Baba Lateef Jakande's shoes talk more of trying to compare his great 4 years as governor to that of Tinubu. Yet, Baba Jakande didn't tax anyone to death, he never enriched himself, family or cronies instead he lived a modest lifestyle till his death. Can anyone compare such great man with Tinubu that has allocated most of Lagos resources to himself, family and cronies? I saw a list of properties, lands and all that was seized from the state by this man and I almost shed tears for the Black man.

This man is so wicked to be traveling to the best hospitals in Europe every other week in his private jet while Lagosians don't even have access to clean pipe borne water, good roads or mass housing. It was reported recently that Tinubu's children bought condos worth millions of dollars in the US! All these primitive accumulation of wealth while the majority suffers is the sole reason why Blacks have remained underdeveloped, poor and wretched.

It's unfair to compare a selfish man that enriched only himself, family and cronies with a great man who only worked for the greater good of Lagosians.
isn’t it funny that emeka is d one checking development stats of Lagos

He doesn’t care about what orji uzor kalu,Theodore orji,ikpeazu and co did in abia n all other eastern states

This truly reminds me of ahmadu bello’s words that an Igbo man’s house will b burning but he won’t care,he prefers to b chasing rat in another man’s house

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by GamalNasser: 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
None of of them can lay any claim to building Lagos ..Lagos has been doing massive international trade with the Portuguese since 1472 , this trade will lead to the development of Lagos ...People like Tinubu have even greatly slowed down the growth of Lagos with their corruption and greed ...IBB even did more for Lagos than both Jakande and Tinubu combined but we don't want to say that
..Gowon did more for Lagos than any of them ....... See below pictures of Lagos in the 50s when Tinubu was a child still hunting lizards in Iragbiji

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Sunday2021: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2022
callme9mm:

Lol. I wish there’s a voice note response on this site. Fashola isn’t Tinubu’s boy ? . Fashola is Tinubu’s project. All governors of Lagos state after Tinubu are all his boys. No place in Nigeria has a good vision like Lagos State. Tinubu really contributed to the growth of Lagos State. Don’t act like you don’t know all these that I’m saying just because you personally don’t him. Just because you want an Igbo man to rule Nigeria.

Tinubu is a brilliant man and he is capable of taking Nigeria 10years ahead of other countries in Africa in terms of good economy.

Peter Obi is a third class graduate. He can’t stand anywhere near Tinubu.

Obi himself cannot stay in Anambra. He stays in Lagos.

If he had done well or had good plans for his state, he will be able to stay there permanently.

I know Igbos love yoruba a lot and they love Lagos State. I know igbos would love to work hand in hand with Yorubas cos Yorubas are peaceful people and don’t like cheating. Yorubas like to say the truth, and they are atleast more unified than the IGbos.

Igbos aren’t unified. I believe the person who snitched on that Biafra fighter before he was arrested in Kenya is an Igbo person.
just imagine the foolishness your are showcasing. So now if they ask you to compare and contrast between Tinubu and fashola administration what will you say?
Mention only 5 achievement of Tinubu from 1999 to 2007. Am waiting
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by christejames(m): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Jakande is the Real Architect of Lagos
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sunday2021:
just imagine the foolishness your are showcasing. So now if they ask you to compare and contrast between Tinubu and fashola administration what will you say?
Mention only 5 achievement of Tinubu from 1999 to 2007. Am waiting

As a Lagos boy let me name a few:
1. Creation of many Agencies (which employed & still employs thousands of employees):
LIRS, LSDPC, Public Works, LAWMA, LASTMA, LAMATA, much more... Other agencies were then created by then Gov Fashola e.g LASRRA, etc.

2. Development of Lagos State Public Service & Secretariat Alausa encompassing many MDAs. Employment of Technocrats to head MDAs.

3. Massive Infrastructural development: Construction of Road networks all across Lagos. I saw then Gov. Tinubu first time when he invited President Obasanjo to Lagos to commission roads in my then area, Surulere, Yaba and other parts of Lagos.

4. Building of Public facilities: Millennium Schools, Hospitals/General Hospitals, LASU projects and LASUTH, Major Markets across the state, etc.

5. Massive Housing Estates across Lagos via LSDPC.

6. Development of Lekki Ajah axis.

7. Providing IPP to Lagos State Institutions, from General Hospital Lagos Island to Secretariat Alausa

8. Focus on IGR and tax collection system. LIRS was created and very effective headed by Fowler.

9. Conceived the BRT project and constructed the dedicated BRT lane from Island to Mainland. (same pattern in Istanbul, Turkey). BRT operation started fully under Fashola.

10. Another big achievement was the conception and starting of the Lekki Free trade zone for the Port and other multi billion dollar projects on the Island.

Above all, ABAT brought in technocrats into the State Public sector as Commissioners, Heads of MDAs, which has continued till now. He recruited across tribes.. a good example was then Commissioner of Finance, now Head of Budget office, Ben Akabueze (Igbo), amongst others.

In summary, ABAT actually modernised Lagos in comparison to Gov. Lateef Jakande.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by porka: 1:10am On Aug 06, 2022
Meanwhile some governors in the north, south south and southeast built modern airports from the scratch to finish without any collaboration with the federal government or the World Bank and with far less revenue than Lagos. The airport in Lagos is still the one built by the federal government many years ago.

Many states built brand new functional universities, but LASU was built in 1982 by Alhaji Lateef Jakande. They couldn't even maintain it. At a point, more than 30 programmes in LASU failed NUC accreditation. They only recently upgraded two institutions that were built many years ago into universities. Just recently.

Since 1999, some governors with less 'IGR' have built state of the art stadia for their states. Nothing of such has been constructed in Lagos; the same state with massive 'IGR' o.

Lagos BRT lane was on existing Ikorodu road that the military built in the 1970s. They just erected embankment to demarcate two lanes from the ten lane already built by Yakubu Gowon and called it achievement. It's like someone carving out a room and decorating it in his father's house only to go and boast to his friends that he has built a house.

They added one lane each to both sides of the four lane Lekki Epe Expressway that Alhaji Lateef Jakande built in the Second Republic. The added lanes don't even cover the entire stretch that they met there, yet they tolled it. On top of that, they will still claim private property development in Lekki as part of their achievements.

Security is in collaboration with companies operating in the state, with each company contributing to security funds periodically. Public schools are 'adopted' by private entities for renovation and refurbishment. All these in a state with huge 'IGR' o.

What exactly have they done in Lagos to warrant these hype?

The light rail they started in 2008 is still under construction 14 years later, but in every four years they must bring pictures of trains in foreign countries to claim achievement. Pictures for this year's campaign are currently being photoshopped right now, you will soon see them.

The Lekki Deep Sea Port is co-owned with the federal government and a private investor.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by butterfly777(m): 4:50am On Aug 06, 2022
P
Re: Fact Check: Between Jakande And Tinubu, Who Developed Lagos? by butterfly777(m): 4:55am On Aug 06, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
Lol when they mention Jakande, they mention some school and housing estate.

Jakande developed Lagos and yet, Lagos don’t have the below:
There was no lekki ajah ajah bridge... No banana island, no eko Atlantic, no dangote refinery, no lekki free trade zone, no brt, no brt bus terminals, no Lagos ferry transportation, igr was 600 million, no lekki sea port, no jubilee
bridge, no lagos light train, no lasu state teaching hospital ,
No lamata, lasma, neighborhood watch, no lasera just name it.

What catapulted Lagos is the economic plan of Tinubu that saw the state revenue increased over 700%. Same man brought vast investments into Lagos that successive governors are building on to give the state a workable plan.

To be fair to Pa Jakande, he used just few years as governor and yet he achieved such feat, but comparing Tinubu developmental stride with regards to wealth and economy to that of Jakande is an aberration.

Now answer this simple question with a sincere yes or no.

Those things you mentioned there, was it Tinubu who did all of them?

Dangotr refinery, BRT, BRT terminals, Lagos light rail, etc.
Was it Tinubu who did them?

You guys should not just list every good thing in Lagos and claim it was Tinubu who did them. You even mentioned Dangote's company. Habba!

You ran out of achievements to allude to your master but you want to compete with Peter Obi, a man of achievements. Smh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Has FLED The Country In The Middle Of The Campaigns Season. / Igbos Overcrowding Lagos Because Obi Refused To Develop Anambra: Tinubu / A Wake Up Call For Igbo Traders In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.