Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (95549 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Dmowumi: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2023
KemsyDA:
Please kindly confirm that you received interview letter in August for a scheduled interview in November.

If yes, please is it early November or late November?

I'm asking because I'm patiently waiting to hear about ILs going out for November interviews...

Thanks for the anticipated response.

Regards.

Yes IL received in August, initially scheduled for October and later rescheduled to 3rd week in November.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Dmowumi: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
mk3jax:

Sorry what is DQ?

Document Qualified
That’s when you receive the mail from NVC confirming that the civil documents submitted are okay.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dmowumi:

Hello everyone,
I have been scheduled for November interview
PD: October 2021
Dq: November 2022
IL: August 2023

Has anyone had his/her interview?

How did you fill the contact sheet?
What to expect during the interview?
Any affordable accommodation with close proximity to the consulate?

Kindly share please

Congrats on receiving your IL. My appointment date was moved by the US Consulate to end of November. Looking forward to the interview as well.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dmowumi:

Have you gone for the medicals please?
Did you pay extra fees for vaccines at Iom?

Had medicals at q-life. Had to pay a separate fee for vaccines which were administered during the medical appointment. Cost of vaccines varies based on any outstanding shots that haven't been taken.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Had medicals at q-life. Had to pay a separate fee for vaccines which were administered during the medical appointment. Cost of vaccines varies based on any outstanding shots that haven't been taken.
Oh! Guess this was for everyone that received IL on Sept 1st. Any reason for the movement?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by KemsyDA: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
Thank you for the update.

Dmowumi:

Yes IL received in August, initially scheduled for October and later rescheduled to 3rd week in November.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 3:03am On Oct 06, 2023
adedammy009:

Oh! Guess this was for everyone that received IL on Sept 1st. Any reason for the movement?

Not sure. Likely because they also issued several ILs to the IR/CR visa class which is higher priority.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Hogwarthtrades: 7:06am On Oct 06, 2023
adedammy009:
This throws wrench in the works of expected dates. At this point, IL come when it shows. This guys are just screwing with everyone at this point grin grin grin
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:18am On Oct 06, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

This throws wrench in the works of expected dates. At this point, IL come when it shows. This guys are just screwing with everyone at this point grin grin grin
God pass them..hahaha.
We will keep our minds busy with other things while we expect IL.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
The Fawqery continues on EB2-ROW Front for November Bulletin grin grin grin grin 1 week advancement!

FAD (Final Action date)
EB1 ROW- Current
EB2ROW - 15 July 2022
EB3 ROW - 1 Dec 2021

DOF (Date of Filing)
EB1 ROW Current
EB2 ROW 1 Jan 2023
EB3 ROW. 1 Feb 2023
Seem slow progression like this is the trend for Q1 fiscal year 2024.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by dozikaho(m): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
NaijaMercy:
Hello house,

Please I'm still looking for your help with direction in this regard.

Kindly advise a sister.

Thank you.

I help people write EB2 NIW and EB1 petition. I am based in the US and charge 2,000$ for the whole petition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by MayorJoshofNewY: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
[quote author=dozikaho post=126294723][/quote]

This is huge. We are coming, Dr.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2023
Mandem101:

Everywhere is just silent....

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 19, 2023
adedammy009:
Everywhere is just silent....
you know how it goes, should get exciting maybe nextweek smiley on cr/ir front, will see if EB get something afterwards. The petty side gets you thinking Marriage trumps work if you get the drift cheesy cheesy cheesy

have you been able to get the transfer to. Lagos consulate done?

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2023
Mandem101:

you know how it goes, should get exciting maybe nextweek smiley on cr/ir front, will see if EB get something afterwards. The petty side gets you thinking Marriage trumps work if you get the drift cheesy cheesy cheesy

have you been able to get the transfer to. Lagos consulate done?

Hopefully, we get exciting updates in the coming days.

I have been able to transfer my file to Lagos after sending 3 different requests.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mandem101:

“The petty side gets you thinking Marriage trumps work if you get the drift cheesy cheesy cheesy

🌚🌚🌚

In the words of a friend; “EB visa don cast”😀

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2023
NotsonewMary:

🌚🌚🌚

In the words of a friend; “EB visa don cast”😀
i tells you (intentional for humor). the casting no be here oh na heavy piling grin grin grin
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mandem101:

i tells you (intentional for humor). the casting no be here oh na heavy piling grin grin grin

Even Ibadan radio station is already advertising it.
Over cast sef dey worry am....

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
adedammy009:

Even Ibadan radio station is already advertising it.
Over cast sef dey worry am....

Really!, which radio station is that?😂

Me gan sef I’m guilty of “casting” it by coming to start this thread to create awareness lol😂😂😂.

And the awareness is not only among Nigerians oh, you need to see how Brazil folks are also applying in large numbers.

I don’t see priority dates being current anytime soon sha and I have a feeling the they might make the requirements more stringent sef (I hear RFE rates are higher now). Already, PhD holders are beefing master’s degree holders that came to cast the whole thing for them.😀

Interesting times ahead!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Really!, which radio station is that?😂

Me gan sef I’m guilty of “casting” it by coming to start this thread to create awareness lol😂😂😂.

And the awareness is not only among Nigerians oh, you need to see how Brazil folks are also applying in large numbers.

I don’t see priority dates being current anytime soon sha and I have a feeling the they might make the requirements more stringent sef (I hear RFE rates are higher now). Already, PhD holders are beefing master’s degree holders that came to cast the whole thing for them.😀

Interesting times ahead!

Fresh FM in Ibadan.

You see those Brazilians ehn, it is very popular among them and they have another advantage of being more advanced than many other countries. All these could be driving the numbers there.

Regarding priority dates, I think we should not expect any significant movement till VB of Jan 2024. All these are speculations though.

Dont feel bad about starting the thread as the thread is doing more good than harm. I just know that no matter what, this route cant get populated like the Canada express entry, but anyway, time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2023
@NotsonewMary i agree with @adedammy009. Starting the thread has been beneficial and will be. Just like any information, humans will always have a tendency to misuse it. The least we can all do is provide legit information as much as we can and leave it for someone who may benefit from it.
I guess if Congress act accordingly with the time and demand for employment and other categories grin grin grin (see no reason or incentive for them to do so anytime soon, the chaos benefits both parties) this shouldn't be an issue. At the same time, you are limited on how much you can tell someone who invities you to his/her home on how to run her home. (just like house parties back in the day you pay money to enter so you can play game of Devil's basket grin grin grin grin. untop your money, you still fit no play the game or chop rice grin grin). I hope everyone have a restful weekend ahead.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by cobu: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
Hi @Mandem101, I just discovered that applicants for adjustment of status have been asked to use the DOF in both October and November visa bulletins. I'm wondering if this is positive news and applicable to those waiting for consular processing like me. (PD: 04/23, DQ: 06/23)
Mandem101:
The Fawqery continues on EB2-ROW Front for November Bulletin grin grin grin grin 1 week advancement!

FAD (Final Action date)
EB1 ROW- Current
EB2ROW - 15 July 2022
EB3 ROW - 1 Dec 2021

DOF (Date of Filing)
EB1 ROW Current
EB2 ROW 1 Jan 2023
EB3 ROW. 1 Feb 2023
Seem slow progression like this is the trend for Q1 fiscal year 2024.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by cobu: 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
Hi @adedammy009, thanks for taking the time to provide us with helpful information on this thread. Please I am interested in the telegram group for consular processing and have sent a pm. Thanks in anticipation.
adedammy009:

Pm please
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
cobu:
Hi @Mandem101, I just discovered that applicants for adjustment of status have been asked to use the DOF in both October and November visa bulletins. I'm wondering if this is positive news and applicable to those waiting for consular processing like me. (PD: 04/23, DQ: 06/23)

Using the Date of Filing (DOF) Chart only allows applicants for adjustment of status to file/submit their I-485 Greencard applications. The Oct/Nov Visa bulletin only gives more people the opportunity to file for AOS and the associated benefits. The Final action date chart is still what determines when the greencard application can be adjudicated. I stand corrected but I think for consular processing, an individuals final action date has to be current to receive IL.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 21, 2023
@Cobu, @NotsonewMary is quite right.Date of filing is for adjustment of status. This gives us an idea of how far the DOS thinks available visa for the fiscal year will cover. as always its dynamic. IF your are not inside the US, Adjustment of status does not apply to you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2023
Good morning everyone. Glad I came across this thread, but I think the visa categories are confusing me. Do I qualify for the EB - 3 Visa as a UI/UX Designer working in Tech with 3 yes of professional experience? The only issue is the permanent employment with a US company though, which I don't have.

But is there any other category I can apply for given my background? My B.Sc is in Agriculture though, so not something related to what I do now, thanks.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hi, I am wondering about the closeness between your PD 04/23 and DQ 06/23. Are you sure it is correct? quote author=cobu post=126524856]Hi @Mandem101, I just discovered that applicants for adjustment of status have been asked to use the DOF in both October and November visa bulletins. I'm wondering if this is positive news and applicable to those waiting for consular processing like me. (PD: 04/23, DQ: 06/23) [/quote]
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2023
@Aku660 DOF only applies to AOS candidate aka applicants within US to help with EAD and necessary document to keep them eligible working pending Final action Date becomes current for them to get the Green card. As for Consular processing peeps, AOS does not apply. When reading the bulletin, Final action date is what you focus on.

At this rate, waiting to see what second quarter fiscal year Visa bulletin (January 2024 bulletin) will look like to guide projection for the rest of the fiscal year . One thing for sure, This new DOS administration will be pacing itself going forward to avoid the kneejerk reaction we saw end of spring this year .

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by cobu: 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hi @Aku660, Yes it is. By God's grace, I got approved in about a week with premium processing and moved on to the next stage immediately. I remain grateful thus far.
Aku660:
Hi, I am wondering about the closeness between your PD 04/23 and DQ 06/23. Are you sure it is correct? quote author=cobu post=126524856]Hi @Mandem101, I just discovered that applicants for adjustment of status have been asked to use the DOF in both October and November visa bulletins. I'm wondering if this is positive news and applicable to those waiting for consular processing like me. (PD: 04/23, DQ: 06/23)

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by cobu: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
@Mandem101, Thanks for your explanation🙏🙏.
Mandem101:
@Cobu, @NotsonewMary is quite right.Date of filing is for adjustment of status. This gives us an idea of how far the DOS thinks available visa for the fiscal year will cover. as always its dynamic. IF your are not inside the US, Adjustment of status does not apply to you.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2023
cobu:
Hi @Aku660, Yes it is. By God's grace, I got approved in about a week with premium processing and moved on to the next stage immediately. I remain grateful thus far.
This was my thought too when I saw your timeline. Anyway, na rich people dey do premium.... grin, as you have to pay the $2500 premium fee and attorney fee if you used one.
However, some people prefer to submit themselves and use premium. I have seen someone that did this and got approved for EB1.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (44) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.