Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (90848 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
Schrodinger2:
Finally here, after seeing all pages.

Nice thread Mary! Hope yours turned out well.

Although 90% of contributions and applicants are based in Nigeria which was not originally intended, it has kept the discourse moving.

More accounts of F1 to EB2-NIW applications would be well appreciated as the procedure is quite different.

Hi, thanks for your contribution.

Yeah, the consular processing guys have taken over the page lol, but it’s all good, we’re all learning.

Per your question about when to apply. I’ll say the best time to apply was yesterday lol (as long as you’re well qualified). The awareness about the NIW is at an all time high, thereby causing a huge backlog of people waiting in line for greencard processing. The earlier you put your application together and submit, so you can join that long line, the better for you.

You already have one advanced degree (which is the baseline requirement). If need be, you’re free to include your PhD offer letter in your application packet as additional proof to show you’re well positioned academically to carry out your proposed endeavor.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chemashie(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2023
Icesnow:
With Wes right? Thanks
I used WES for my own evaluation.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Anua2k:
@Koldfuzhion Do you /anyone knows if COVID 19 VACCINE is mandatory for children?

From my understanding, the COVID 19 vaccine isn't required for children. However, I'd suggest you check with the medical clinic prior to your appointment, as these vaccination rules get updated periodically.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Icesnow(f): 6:47am On Dec 14, 2023
chemashie:

I used WES for my own evaluation.
oh thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Schrodinger2(m): 7:17am On Dec 14, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Hi, thanks for your contribution.

Yeah, the consular processing guys have taken over the page lol, but it’s all good, we’re all learning.

Per your question about when to apply. I’ll say the best time to apply was yesterday lol (as long as you’re well qualified). The awareness about the NIW is at an all time high, thereby causing a huge backlog of people waiting in line for greencard processing. The earlier you put your application together and submit, so you can join that long line, the better for you.

You already have one advanced degree (which is the baseline requirement). If need be, you’re free to include your PhD offer letter in your application packet as additional proof to show you’re well positioned academically to carry out your proposed endeavor.
Oh this sounds good. Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
Schrodinger2:

Oh this sounds good. Thank you

You’re welcome!

You can follow @eb2niw and @oscarsgreencard pages on Instagram. They both create content about EB1 and EB2 visas and are both very knowledgeable about the process and current happenings.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by IamR: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Good day all.
Please, I want your opinion on this.

PhD in Geophysics
9 publications (authored 4 papers and co-authored 5 papers)
15 years work experience in GIS

Can i go for EB-2 NIW?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chemashie(m): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
IamR:
Good day all.
Please, I want your opinion on this.

PhD in Geophysics
9 publications (authored 4 papers and co-authored 5 papers)
15 years work experience in GIS

Can i go for EB-2 NIW?

Thank you.
You are good to go
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Kinzeyfranks(m): 2:04am On Dec 18, 2023
adedammy009:

Thanks for your answer. The question was from a brother who already got H1B approval (med lab scientist). I guess he did not have to go through the lottery. Just visa screen stuffs.

Hello, Good Morning.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to contact you. I am a health professional (medical laboratory scientist) too. Would like to get more clarifications regarding this H1b and preparations for Certifications as a Med Sct. Seeking to work in the US. Thanks.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Maryeama: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2023
Such an interesting read so far
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by mechango: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
Maryeama:
Such an interesting read so far but I have not gotten what I need.
My husband's I-140 has been approved but he is in the US while I am in Nigeria with our daughter. What's the way to go. Am I doing consular processing for myself and our daughter? I have searched and searched but still not getting it. I'd appreciate any information that can help. Thank you.

Please help me with the link to the telegram channel too. My email is oyindamolamariam@gmail.com

Going through similar experience. It is difficult to start IVP, since he is based in the U.S. and you are in Nigeria. The best bet will be for him to do IVP in Nigeria. Another option could be to do the "Following-to-join-benefit. Please get first hand information from NVC through the public inquiry form.

Best wishes

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
Maryeama:
Such an interesting read so far but I have not gotten what I need.
My husband's I-140 has been approved but he is in the US while I am in Nigeria with our daughter. What's the way to go. Am I doing consular processing for myself and our daughter? I have searched and searched but still not getting it. I'd appreciate any information that can help. Thank you.

Please help me with the link to the telegram channel too. My email is oyindamolamariam@gmail.com

Congratulations to your hubby.
See and read the link below.
https://www.uscis.gov/family/bring-children-to-live-in-the-US
Check the "following to join benefits" tab.

Read more about the "follow to join" process. I think he will need to file i824 with his i485.

Best wishes.

4 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
adedammy009:

Read more about the "follow to join" process. I think he will need to file i824 with his i485.

Best wishes.

Thanks for this!, just forwarded to a friend who is in the same scenario, though her spouse is currently in the UK.

In other related news, the big eagle landed this week!🎉. I received approval notification for my I-485 (Greencard application).
Fun Fact: I-485 approval came exactly a year after I-140 approval. So, yes! another even greater Christmas gift in 2023.❤️

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread that I started just to create awareness while I was waiting on USCIS decision for my application. I remain committed to creating awareness to people about this legal immigration pathway.

IF I do decide to, I might start a YouTube channel or Instagram page to create more content about EB Greencards (been on my mind for a while now), but fingers crossed.

Anyways, this phase is done and I am deeply grateful to God for it. We go again for the bigger eagle (citizenship application) in 5 years, God willing🙏🏽.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by LadeeE: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
Congratulations

NotsonewMary

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Thanks for this!, just forwarded to a friend who is in the same scenario, though her spouse is currently in the UK.

In other related news, the big eagle landed this week!🎉. I received approval notification for my I-485 (Greencard application).
Fun Fact: I-485 approval came exactly a year after I-140 approval. So, yes! another even greater Christmas gift in 2023.❤️

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread that I started just to create awareness while I was waiting on USCIS decision for my application. I remain committed to creating awareness to people about this legal immigration pathway.

IF I do decide to, I might start a YouTube channel or Instagram page to create more content about EB Greencards (been on my mind for a while now), but fingers crossed.

Anyways, this phase is done and I am deeply grateful to God for it. We go again for the bigger eagle (citizenship application) in 5 years, God willing🙏🏽.

This is goodnews and congratulations to you. What a timely Christmas gift indeed.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Koldfuzhion: 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Congrats NotsonewMary! This is well deserved! Thanks for opening up this thread to help others on their journey through this process.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by isongfa: 5:15am On Dec 24, 2023
Please can someone help send me the telegram link. My PD is Sept 22 and DQ March 23. Email is isongfa@yahoo.com
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by isongfa: 5:19am On Dec 24, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Congrats for your approval. Please can you help send me the telegram link, I need to keep up with status. isongfa@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by hustla(m): 6:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Congrats! 🥳

How long did the whole process take?

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Maryeama: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Congratulations 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉

It is indeed the best Christmas gift
adedammy009:

This is goodnews and congratulations to you. What a timely Christmas gift indeed.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Maryeama: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
Thank you Adedammy. I'll read through.
adedammy009:

Best wishes.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2023
hustla:

Congrats! 🥳

How long did the whole process take?

Hi, thank you!

I filed my application concurrently (I-140 and I-485) in the 2nd week of July 2022. Like I previously stated, I-140 was approved in December 2022, and I-485 just recently approved. So I’ll say roughly a year and half for the whole process.

Prior to the retrogression of the priority date, I know of candidates whose whole process took 6months to less than 1year, I’ve also seen those with the whole process being close to or greater than 2 years (due to several factors).

In more recent times, with priority dates not being current for any country, the whole process is taking longer and future projection suggests even longer wait times ahead.🤷🏽‍♀️

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
Koldfuzhion:

Congrats NotsonewMary! This is well deserved! Thanks for opening up this thread to help others on their journey through this process.

Best of luck!

Thank you!

Happy to hear that the thread is helpful to you and others.🤗
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
isongfa:

Congrats for your approval. Please can you help send me the telegram link, I need to keep up with status. isongfa@yahoo.com

I’m not sure this is meant for me. I am not privy to information about any telegram link for this purpose.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
adedammy009:

Thank you!🤗
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2023
LadeeE:
Congratulations

NotsonewMary

Thank you!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by AIT1(m): 4:10am On Dec 26, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Congratulations on your approval.

Please, is it compulsory to submit the CVs of my Recommenders?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by hustla(m): 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
angry
NotsonewMary:

Hi, thank you!

I filed my application concurrently (I-140 and I-485) in the 2nd week of July 2022. Like I previously stated, I-140 was approved in December 2022, and I-485 just recently approved. So I’ll say roughly a year and half for the whole process.

Prior to the retrogression of the priority date, I know of candidates whose whole process took 6months to less than 1year, I’ve also seen those with the whole process being close to or greater than 2 years (due to several factors).

In more recent times, with priority dates not being current for any country, the whole process is taking longer and future projection suggests even longer wait times ahead.🤷🏽‍♀️

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:05am On Dec 27, 2023
AIT1:

Congratulations on your approval.

Please, is it compulsory to submit the CVs of my Recommenders?

Hi, thank you!

No, it is not. However, it is recommended and has become the ‘norm’ for a lot of applicants. I submitted a CV and/or documented professional profile for all of my recommenders along with the letters.

Some of your recommenders e.g well published professors, might already have their CV online (as was the case for one of mine). Alternatively, you can download and print out a copy of their LinkedIn profiles.

Essentially, the CV going with the letters just helps the reviewing officer to see the accomplishments of your recommender to show their expertise in your field and how they are well-positioned to recommend you.

P.S;Ideally, the first paragraph of your recommendation letter should be a brief intro of your recommender’s professional profile.

Hope this is helpful.🤗

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by AIT1(m): 3:32am On Dec 27, 2023
NotsonewMary:

Hi, thank you!

No, it is not. However, it is recommended and has become the ‘norm’ for a lot of applicants. I submitted a CV and/or documented professional profile for all of my recommenders along with the letters.

Some of your recommenders e.g well published professors, might already have their CV online (as was the case for one of mine). Alternatively, you can download and print out a copy of their LinkedIn profiles.

Essentially, the CV going with the letters just helps the reviewing officer to see the accomplishments of your recommender to show their expertise in your field and how they are well-positioned to recommend you.

P.S;Ideally, the first paragraph of your recommendation letter should be a brief intro of your recommender’s professional profile.

Hope this is helpful.🤗

Thanks. The string of information is definitely helpful to me.

Please, do they contact the referee by mail or by phone call? You know how our Nigeria professors are always slow to responding to mails or even checking their emails. That’s my fear.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2023
AIT1:

Thanks. The string of information is definitely helpful to me.

Please, do they contact the referee by mail or by phone call? You know how our Nigeria professors are always slow to responding to mails or even checking their emails. That’s my fear.
Not necessarily....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada / Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain

Viewing this topic: Adesolaviolin(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.