Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (93022 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 4:18pm On Jan 08
dest4real:
I was thinking F1 students can concurrently file since a visa number is immediately availability for them.

You can apply for F1 and I-140 concurrently, but you can't apply for I-140 and I-485 concurrently at this time.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 4:25pm On Jan 08
dest4real:

Again, I've a fall admission for a PhD program in the US. I recently applied for F1 Visa. I was going to file EB-2 NIW application (I've 25 publications and about 78 citations) using premium service before the admission offer came through. But I fear that it may affect my F1 Visa interview if I go ahead to file 1-140 form now. What do you suggest please?

Your fear is valid. F1 is NIV and I-140 is IV. The question is what are your intentions? Do you want to study or you want to migrate? Do you meet the requirements for both? If you're approved for I-140...you won't be approved for F1, your quickest route to the US is F1....and then some file for I-140.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Rehabnation: 2:13am On Jan 09
Thank you
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adigun27: 7:47am On Jan 09
Anybody who has car for sale just for japa
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by shams040(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09
Following
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 6:39am On Jan 12
Koldfuzhion:

Congrats NotsonewMary! This is well deserved! Thanks for opening up this thread to help others on their journey through this process.

Best of luck!
Any update with your interview. How did it go?
Awaiting the goodnews!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Icesnow(f): 8:31am On Jan 12
philips3:

EB2 does not need proof of funds, secure a job before to be approved during the interview. But you need money to settle down when you get to the states.
It's a sure way to enter the US if you have PhD and in academic.
What about a masters degree?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 3:44pm On Jan 12
February Visa bulletin 2024
FAD (Final Action date)
EB1 ROW- Current
EB2ROW - 15 NOV 2022
EB3 ROW - 1 Sep 2022

DOF (Date of Filing)
EB1 ROW Current
EB2 ROW 15 Feb 2023
EB3 ROW. 1 Feb 2023

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 5:51pm On Jan 12
I pray Lagos Consulate release IL this time.
TinFoil100:
February Visa bulletin 2024
FAD (Final Action date)
EB1 ROW- Current
EB2ROW - 15 NOV 2022
EB3 ROW - 1 Sep 2022

DOF (Date of Filing)
EB1 ROW Current
EB2 ROW 15 Feb 2023
EB3 ROW. 1 Feb 2023
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Icesnow(f): 6:37pm On Jan 12
aieromon:
Employment-Based Immigration: Second Preference EB-2

You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a person who has exceptional ability. Below are the occupational categories and requirements:

EB-2A Advanced Degree
The job you apply for must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or its foreign equivalent (a baccalaureate or foreign equivalent degree plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive work experience in the field). You must meet any other requirements specified on the labor certification as applicable as of the priority date. Documentation, such as an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree, or an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree and letters from current or former employers showing that you have at least 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in the specialty. If a doctoral degree is customarily required, you must have a United States doctorate or foreign equivalent degree.

EB-2B Exceptional Ability
You must be able to show exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. Exceptional ability “means a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business.” You must meet any requirements specified on the labor certification as applicable. You must meet at least three of the criteria below:

Hello! Does it mean I'm not qualified if my master degree is less than 5 years and my Bachelors is more than 10 years with over 5 years work experience? Pls explain . Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 12:09pm On Jan 13
Icesnow:
Hello! Does it mean I'm not qualified if my master degree is less than 5 years and my Bachelors is more than 10 years with over 5 years work experience? Pls explain . Thanks

I would advise you send your CV to an immigration attorney for evaluation to determine your eligibility. The evaluation is free.

You can decide to use the attorney or not after the evaluation. At least most of your questions will be answered.

I used Chen attorney also known as Wegreen for my EB2 NIW, which was approved.

There are different attorneys.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Icesnow(f): 9:19pm On Jan 13
Aku660:

I would advise you send your CV to an immigration attorney for evaluation to determine your eligibility. The evaluation is free.

You can decide to use the attorney or not after the evaluation. At least most of your questions will be answered.

I used Chen attorney also known as Wegreen for my EB2 NIW, which was approved.

There are different attorneys.
Acknowledged, thanks very much.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:06pm On Jan 14
NotsonewMary:

Hi, I completed the whole process myself, didn’t use a lawyer.

And yes, an approval is very much possible without recommendation letter(s).
I think it depends on the applicant’s profile. Some applicants already have a really superb professional profile and very weighty proposed endeavor, that even without recommendation letters they are good to go.

My opinion; If an applicant thinks or believes that getting recommendation letters adds value to their application, then by all means go for it!
Congratulations once again on your I-485 approval, and hope your physical green card has arrived.
Are you available to assist or help prospective applicants draft a petition for a fee? I think it isnt a bad thing to consider if you have the time.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 2:41am On Jan 15
adedammy009:

Congratulations once again on your I-485 approval, and hope your physical green card has arrived.
Are you available to assist or help prospective applicants draft a petition for a fee? I think it isnt a bad thing to consider if you have the time.

Thanks!, 10year Greencard in hand already, I’m still soaking it all in lol, haven’t even had a real celebration per se haha.

@Assisting applicants for a fee; This is a request that I receive time and time again from willing applicants and I might consider sometime in the very near future. However, I’ll say No, AT THIS TIME.
I just think I’ll need to put more “legal” structures in place, especially if I’ll consider going public with a venture like that.🙂

P.S; No be say I no like money oh, cos I see people cashing out big time on this, and they don’t even understand the rudiments of the whole process that well sef, fingers crossed sha🤞🏽😀, I guess I’m just not ready right now.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 5:46am On Jan 15
NotsonewMary:

Thanks!, 10year Greencard in hand already, I’m still soaking it all in lol, haven’t even had a real celebration per se haha.

@Assisting applicants for a fee; This is a request that I receive time and time again from willing applicants and I might consider sometime in the very near future. However, I’ll say No, AT THIS TIME.
I just think I’ll need to put more “legal” structures in place, especially if I’ll consider going public with a venture like that.🙂

P.S; No be say I no like money oh, cos I see people cashing out big time on this, and they don’t even understand the rudiments of the whole process that well sef, fingers crossed sha🤞🏽😀, I guess I’m just not ready right now.
Glad your card arrived. Was wondering why 10 years when your category is not IR1. Does EB categories get 10 years GC now?

Regarding rendering petition filing services, I understand you might not be ready for that now which is fine. Hopefully, when you do in the future, you will make it public.
Best wishes.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by arilewo(m): 7:11am On Jan 15
Maryeama:
Such an interesting read so far but I have not gotten what I need.
My husband's I-140 has been approved but he is in the US while I am in Nigeria with our daughter. What's the way to go. Am I doing consular processing for myself and our daughter? I have searched and searched but still not getting it. I'd appreciate any information that can help. Thank you.

Please help me with the link to the telegram channel too. My email is oyindamolamariam@gmail.com
If your details is included in the I-140 form that your husband submitted to the USCIS, you don’t have an issue. It will now depend on your husband selection for the form 1-485 (GC application) on the form I-140. He can do either consular processing or adjustment of status. If your details and that of your daughter was added to the form I-140 and he selected that you will be doing consular processing, it implies that your details will be transferred to NVC, your husband can join you both for consular processing in Lagos. If he didn’t select consular processing for himself, he will need to file form I-824 to transfer his visa to NVC (consular processing). If he chose to do adjustment of status in USA, he will have to get his green card before the consular in Nigeria will invite you and your daughter for interview. If he selected adjustment of status for both of you ( you and your daughter), he will need to file form I-824 to transfer your visa from USCIS to NVC, the form can only be approved after your husband has gotten his Green card.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ObyJohn: 12:47pm On Jan 15
JUST LEARNT ABOUT EB2-NIW A SHORT WHILE and interested. i am a medical doctor of over 20 years experience. Someone please guide me on this. Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by studyless123: 3:23pm On Jan 15
NotsonewMary:

Congratulations on your remarkable achievement! Your unwavering dedication, hard work and commitment have truly paid off. This is a path that have been unexploited by the Nigerian community. We have every reason to compete with the Indian & Chinese folks in this space.
While I fell out of college, I always cringe when I hear of students getting married solely to settle in the US instead of exploring other options.

I have played my part in assisting over 50 students in gaining admissions and a few others through EB visas. I'll encourage you to explore the business opportunities and continue to assist others to take advantage of this opportunity. You can create an online paid appointment scheduling to have a one on one with candidates and progress to the next stage. I would have ventured into it but my hands are full and I've lost touch with recent updates. Make you self chop small money.
Cheers to your accomplishments and I wish you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 4:28pm On Jan 15
adedammy009:

Glad your card arrived. Was wondering why 10 years when your category is not IR1. Does EB categories get 10 years GC now?

Regarding rendering petition filing services, I understand you might not be ready for that now which is fine. Hopefully, when you do in the future, you will make it public.
Best wishes.

Thanks again!.
Yes, I believe EB categories get a straight 10-year GC, and one can apply for citizenship after 5years or you can choose to keep renewing the GC if not interested in citizenship.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 4:31pm On Jan 15
studyless123:

Congratulations on your remarkable achievement! Your unwavering dedication, hard work and commitment have truly paid off. This is a path that have been unexploited by the Nigerian community. We have every reason to compete with the Indian & Chinese folks in this space.
While I fell out of college, I always cringe when I hear of students getting married solely to settle in the US instead of exploring other options.

I have played my part in assisting over 50 students in gaining admissions and a few others through EB visas. I'll encourage you to explore the business opportunities and continue to assist others to take advantage of this opportunity. You can create an online paid appointment scheduling to have a one on one with candidates and progress to the next stage. I would have ventured into it but my hands are full and I've lost touch with recent updates. Make you self chop small money.
Cheers to your accomplishments and I wish you the very best.

Thank you!!!
All points very well noted Sir/Ma.👌🏾🙂
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Taal17: 6:39pm On Jan 15
adedammy009:

Best wishes.
GC without conditions/restrictions is 10yrs regardless of the category you filed with

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by GambaOsaka: 10:16pm On Jan 15
ObyJohn:
JUST LEARNT ABOUT EB2-NIW A SHORT WHILE and interested. i am a medical doctor of over 20 years experience. Someone please guide me on this. Thanks

It’s really kinda straight forward process.
For myself, I was already in the US on a J1 visa( non immigrant).

After 3.5 years, I adjusted status status to H1b (immigrant) with help from my employer. Then I applied for GC using eb2-NIW. Then got 10years green card.

The only stressful part was getting a document called No- objection statement from the Nigerian embassy during the adjustment of Status stage.

Also, I only used a lawyer (wegreened) for the adjustment of status stage. I prepared and submitted the eb2-NIW application for myself, my wife and kids. This saved me extra $5000 or more.

But the thing cost money 💵 o. But it’s worth every Penny cos now I don’t have restrictions on work and my present drivers license is valid for 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:35pm On Jan 15
Taal17:

GC without conditions/restrictions is 10yrs regardless of the category you filed with
Thank you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:37pm On Jan 15
NotsonewMary:

Thanks again!.
Yes, I believe EB categories get a straight 10-year GC, and one can apply for citizenship after 5years or you can choose to keep renewing the GC if not interested in citizenship.
Thank you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 8:02am On Jan 16
Any update on the IL now since you are current? Also, has everyone who received IL last year and interview postponed to January done their interviews?

Aku660:
Has anyone receive IL from Lagos consulate for January 2024?

My PD August 2022

DQ April 2023.

The wait is not easy.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 8:34am On Jan 16
I'm yet to receive the IL.
wole001:
Any update on the IL now since you are current? Also, has everyone who received IL last year and interview postponed to January done their interviews?

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 6:26pm On Jan 16
Schrodinger2:
Finally here, after seeing all pages.

Nice thread Mary! Hope yours turned out well.

Although 90% of contributions and applicants are based in Nigeria which was not originally intended, it has kept the discourse moving.

More accounts of F1 to EB2-NIW applications would be well appreciated as the procedure is quite different.

going through the thread, could not help but address this case of ignorance. The 90% based in Nigeria statement is confusing , unnecessary, silly and low yield info at best. It is ignorant statement like this that affects engagement on this thread. I would have expected mary to address this issue better than the lukewarm way it was addressed.Anyways, If you don't want consulate cases here, Visajourney and discord page no far.

Aku660:
I'm yet to receive the IL.

There was the usual 60 day reminder sent back on Dec 29th per usual everyone affected kept mum grin grin grin grin. For better update, everyone need to chip in. I am sure everyone got notified. @Koldfuzhion @Dmowumi @rajkuman and others with interview dates in January any update on interview? IF IL is to be sent expect 4th week January -1st week february for March interview dates.Else, the winter continues grin
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 7:46pm On Jan 16
TinFoil100:

going through the thread, could not help but address this case of ignorance. The 90% based in Nigeria statement is confusing , unnecessary, silly and low yield info at best. It is ignorant statement like this that affects engagement on this thread. I would have expected mary to address this issue better than the lukewarm way it was addressed.Anyways, If you don't want consulate cases here, Visajourney and discord page no far.

There was the usual 60 day reminder sent back on Dec 29th per usual everyone affected kept mum grin grin grin grin. For better update, everyone need to chip in. I am sure everyone got notified. @Koldfuzhion @Dmowumi @rajkuman and others with interview dates in January any update on interview? IF IL is to be sent expect 4th week January -1st week february for March interview dates.Else, the winter continues grin

Well said, but you sounded angry. Take it easy bro.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 7:52pm On Jan 16
adedammy009:
Well said, but you sounded angry. Take it easy bro.
I would be lying if i said i was not angry when i read the ignorance in the statement. This gate keeping fawqery always rear its head in the black community be it in africa or in diaspora. Loads of people will end up reading this thread to help them years after we are all done with this process. The least one can do is nip such character in the bud to ensure everyone is heard except it causes distraction or its against the purpose of the thread.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 7:57pm On Jan 16
TinFoil100:

I'm not sure if I have received any 60 days reminder. My PD is current for the second time and I have yet to receive IL.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 8:09pm On Jan 16
Aku660:

I'm not sure if I have received any 60 days reminder. My PD is current for the second time and I have yet to receive IL.
if your PD wasn't current in the last 60 days, that may be a reason out of so many other reason (only speaking from little information i got from your response).
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 8:49pm On Jan 16
TinFoil100:

Ahan, bros! Worrapen?😀😀. Me sef chop yabbing small for this your anger. Oya don’t be angry.😀🙏🏽

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (43) (Reply)

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.