Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (92944 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 9:09pm On Jan 23
Aku660:
Congratulations! This is the news I've been longing for. It gives assurance to those of us who are waiting for IL. Did they give reasons for the delay in interview?
I am sure you wouldnt be interested in the reason for delay in interview once you received IL and get your visa approved.

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 9:11pm On Jan 23
Koldfuzhion:

The interview went well, I received the visa approval. I got to the Lagos consulate 30mins before the interview time. The CGI folks checked my appointment letter to ensure that I was scheduled for the day. Once confirmed, I was allowed in and told to arrange my documents in the order described in the interview invitation mail.

When I got into the visa hall. I was initially called for document verification at a window. All of my original documents were collected including my original school certificates. These were compared with the information that I submitted to NVC which had been mailed to them.

Once done, I was told to sit and wait till my number was called. There was no particular order to the way that applicants were called for the interview with the consular officers. After an hour, I was called by one of the officers.Below are some of the questions he asked:

Have you ever lived in any other country for more than 6 months?
Are you currently employed and where do you work?
How many years of experience do you have?
Where are you going to in the US and what are you going to do there?
Do you have any professional certifications along with your academic credentials?
Have you ever changed your name?
Do you have other dependents that aren't applying with you?

Once he was done with his notes, he mentioned that I had been approved and he gave me a white slip. He held on to my passport, but returned all my original documents that I had submitted during the initial screening.

The main takeaway is that even though the consular officer is not readjudicating the petition, they're validating the legitimacy of the application from an immigration perspective.

Most importantly, ensure that you're consistent in all of the information provided, as I saw a lot of people get entangled by providing inconsistent or incomplete information to the consular which led to the dreaded 221g refusal.

Wishing you all the best in your journey.

Congratulations on your visa approval and thanks for the detailed update.
Best wishes moving forward.

4 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Fusion23: 12:46am On Jan 24
NotsonewMary:

Yes, you’re right!, long long wait time🙃. The next thing for you is patience, brace up cos you’ll need A LOT of it seeing that your priority date is only January 14, 2024.

Congrats on your approval!, the next stage is NVC processing and then your case will be sent to the American embassy in Canada, they’ll be reaching out to you in due time.

Thanks someone finally gets my question...so aside from the anxiety of knowing if your petition would be approved...with the current priority date was it worth is paying premium processiong and getting the approval in few days?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 1:37am On Jan 24
Fusion23:

Thanks someone finally gets my question...so aside from the anxiety of knowing if your petition would be approved...with the current priority date was it worth is paying premium processiong and getting the approval in few days?

Well, if you’re asking for my honest opinion, I’ll say “No, it wasn’t”😄.

But then again, from a medical perspective, anxiety and anxiety-related disorders could manifest in different grades for certain individuals. If an individual knows that the anxiety that comes from a long wait is detrimental to their health…..and the additional cost is not a problem, premium processing could be an answer, cos peace of mind is worth every penny.

Also, I’ve heard someone say they’ll rather go for premium processing so that should there be a denial of the petition, they can quickly submit another application and secure a new priority date on time.🤷🏽‍♀️
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Fusion23: 5:23am On Jan 24
NotsonewMary:

Well, if you’re asking for my honest opinion, I’ll say “No, it wasn’t”😄.

But then again, from a medical perspective, anxiety and anxiety-related disorders could manifest in different grades for certain individuals. If an individual knows that the anxiety that comes from a long wait is detrimental to their health…..and the additional cost is not a problem. Premium processing could be an answer, cos peace of mind is worth every penny.

Also, I’ve heard someone say they’ll rather go for premium processing so that should there be a denial of the petition, they can quickly submit another application and secure a new priority date on time.🤷🏽‍♀️

Oh wooow not seen a process like the USA lol...PR in canada is less complex...but the premium is not so cheap 2500 usd and if they deny someone the person wants to quikcly re - apply to pay another premium? na wa.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 11:19am On Jan 24
dest4real:
Thank you for your response.

I have honestly gone to read up after I read your initial write-up. I really understand the whole process now, save one; I can see that the "final action date" is backlogged for about 14 months. I want to believe that the final action date is always set by the US government based on the number of green cards available per year, is this correct please?

Again, I've a fall admission for a PhD program in the US. I recently applied for F1 Visa. I was going to file EB-2 NIW application (I've 25 publications and about 78 citations) using premium service before the admission offer came through. But I fear that it may affect my F1 Visa interview if I go ahead to file 1-140 form now. What do you suggest please?

Hmmm, apologies for the delay in responding to this.

Final action date gets “updated” by USCIS on the monthly visa bulletin (that’s why you see us looking forward to it every month). Because the date is what determines when it’s a petitioner’s turn ‘on the line’ to get a greencard, and yes it is based on the number of greencards available per X. (X is time/period determined by USCIS based on several factors, calculations/predictions).

Now to the second and more important part of your question. I’ll say you need to weigh your pros and cons very very carefully!

The F-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. There was a very recent update to the international student visa categories, (see here; https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-for-international-students). Some lawyers have interpreted this guidance to mean that the F-1 visa is now a dual intent visa (i.e, you can now show immigrant intention at the time of obtaining the visa). Please read the guidance carefully, and draw YOUR own conclusion.

Also, don’t forget that when filling the DS-160 form for your F-1 visa application, you’ll need to answer truthfully, if you have any pending and/or approved immigrant petition(s).

Will this jeopardize your F-1 visa interview? I honestly cannot accurately answer this, seeing that visa interviews are highly subjective!. I have heard of people with pending immigrant petitions being approved for a non-immigrant visa. So, the ball is in your court!

I hope this write up will provide some additional clarity and guide your decision making. All the best!.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by praizG: 5:31pm On Jan 24
Koldfuzhion:

The interview went well, I received the visa approval. I got to the Lagos consulate 30mins before the interview time. The CGI folks checked my appointment letter to ensure that I was scheduled for the day. Once confirmed, I was allowed in and told to arrange my documents in the order described in the interview invitation mail.

When I got into the visa hall. I was initially called for document verification at a window. All of my original documents were collected including my original school certificates. These were compared with the information that I submitted to NVC which had been mailed to them.

Once done, I was told to sit and wait till my number was called. There was no particular order to the way that applicants were called for the interview with the consular officers. After an hour, I was called by one of the officers.Below are some of the questions he asked:

Do you have any professional certifications along with your academic credentials?

Once he was done with his notes, he mentioned that I had been approved and he gave me a white slip. He held on to my passport, but returned all my original documents that I had submitted during the initial screening.

The main takeaway is that even though the consular officer is not readjudicating the petition, they're validating the legitimacy of the application from an immigration perspective.

Most importantly, ensure that you're consistent in all of the information provided, as I saw a lot of people get entangled by providing inconsistent or incomplete information to the consular which led to the dreaded 221g refusal.

Congratulations.
This is very encouraging.
Wishing you all the best as you embrace your new life.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by wole001: 5:37pm On Jan 24
Congratulations!!!!

Please has anyone received IL this month?
Koldfuzhion:

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by eakhilomen: 9:10am On Jan 25
aomisola:
I am EB-3 with January 2023 DQ but still waiting for IL. Fingers crossed

Do you have IL now?
IR1 is getting letter for May 2023 DQ
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by sambright2012: 10:47am On Jan 25
I m interested here

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by adedammy009: 10:56am On Jan 25
eakhilomen:

Do you have IL now?
Ours will come and will not tarry. We shouldnt expect any IL this month. Hopefully from Feb or March.

5 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by aomisola: 11:46am On Jan 25
eakhilomen:

Do you have IL now?

Not yet, EB IL is always issued first friday of the month based on previous predictions and issuance. So hopefully on or before 2nd Feb 2024 by God's grace.

I will definitely give you guys an update ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by skybeginner: 1:56pm On Jan 25
NotsonewMary:

Good day everyone. Please anyone has an idea about Kameli Law and their success rates for processing EB2-NIW? I'll appreciate all the feedback I can get. Thank you
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 4:18pm On Jan 25
skybeginner:

Good day everyone. Please anyone has an idea about Kameli Law and their success rates for processing EB2-NIW? I'll appreciate all the feedback I can get. Thank you

Hi!, Never heard of the firm, so I am not in the best capacity to provide a review. You could schedule a consultation for an initial review of your case with the firm, from your conversation during the meeting, you likely should be able to judge if they know their onions about the process or not.

All the best!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 5:14pm On Jan 25
https://www.zllawoffice.com/

I HIGHLY recommend this law firm. I’ve seen a copy of their work.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliations whatsoever with the firm. Please make your own personal findings if you choose to engage in any business relationship with the firm. Thanks!
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Rehabnation: 9:41pm On Jan 25
Rxmaxy:
Hello everyone, please I would appreciate it if i can get the link to join the telegram group for those waiting for an interview date though consular processing in Nigeria after approval of EB2, thank you

Please can the link to join the group be sent to my email:
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Rehabnation: 9:43pm On Jan 25
Koldfuzhion:

Congratulations! Please what was your DQ date?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Visso19: 6:22am On Jan 26
Please can the link to join the Telegram group be posted here, especially for those waiting for IL?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 11:07am On Jan 26
adedammy009:
Ours will come and will not tarry. We shouldnt expect any IL this month. Hopefully from Feb or March.
from your post to God's ears !!!

aomisola:
Not yet, EB IL is always issued first friday of the month based on previous predictions and issuance. So hopefully on or before 2nd Feb 2024 by God's grace. I will definitely give you guys an update ASAP.

Few IR/CR issued this month (kind of make sense with the recent reshuffling of dates noticed this month), it will be interesting to see how this play out for EB going forward as we move into NIV dense season.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by AIT1(m): 8:28am On Jan 27
NotsonewMary:
https://www.zllawoffice.com/

I HIGHLY recommend this law firm. I’ve seen a copy of their work.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliations whatsoever with the firm. Please make your own personal findings if you choose to engage in any business relationship with the firm. Thanks!

Hi ma’am, please I really need Independent Recommenders.🙏🙏
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ptadeogun: 7:00pm On Jan 28
This is for EB2
DQ - June 6, 2023
Current on Visa Bulletin - PR - October 29, 2021
LAGOS Consulate LGS2023xxxxxx

Please when is interview letter dropping.

Pls what is the name of the telegram group
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 8:59pm On Jan 28
EB2
Priority date August 5, 2022 and is current.
DQ April 5, 2023.

Lagos Consulate.

Let IL come quick.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Danjd: 11:39pm On Jan 28
Maryeama:
Such an interesting read so far but I have not gotten what I need.
My husband's I-140 has been approved but he is in the US while I am in Nigeria with our daughter. What's the way to go. Am I doing consular processing for myself and our daughter? I have searched and searched but still not getting it. I'd appreciate any information that can help. Thank you.

Please help me with the link to the telegram channel too. My email is oyindamolamariam@gmail.com

Please my name is Daniel , I need someone that will help me with trusted nigeria immigration lawyer that’s good to handle eb2 niw waiver , I have bsc and masters , I also need a telegram or WhatsApp channel for eb2 niw , please help a brother my email address is techxpert1893@gmail.com thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Danjd: 11:42pm On Jan 28
Rehabnation:

Please can the link to join the group be sent to my email: simiyomi05@gmail.com

Please my name is Daniel , I need someone that will help me with trusted nigeria immigration lawyer that’s good to handle eb2 niw waiver , I have bsc and masters , I also need a telegram or WhatsApp channel for eb2 niw , please help a brother my email address is techxpert1893@gmail.com thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Danjd: 11:49pm On Jan 28
NotsonewMary:

Niice!, May God favor those of us in the waiting game. I also recently applied for the EB-2 NIW.

Hoping this thread gets to people who have already been approved so they can share their timeline especially from approval to greencard.

I appreciate everyone that has contributed to this thread so far. Have a beautiful and blessed week ahead everyone!

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Danjd: 11:50pm On Jan 28
Aku660:
EB2
Priority date August 5, 2022 and is current.
DQ April 5, 2023.

Lagos Consulate.

Let IL come quick.

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by lasisig5(m): 6:45am On Jan 29
Good morning everyone please if there is any telegram group, can you please share the link here or add me +44867284025
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 11:44am On Jan 29
Hi Daniel, I would advise you read through the thread thoroughly. I used Chen attorney also known as Wegreen. You can send your CV to them for free evaluation. After which you can decide to use their services or not.
Danjd:

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Danjd: 6:31pm On Jan 29
Aku660:
Hi Daniel, I would advise you read through the thread thoroughly. I used Chen attorney also known as Wegreen. You can send your CV to them for free evaluation. After which you can decide to use their services or not.

Thanks so much , can you give me there email address and phone number please
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 11:23am On Jan 30
You can Google their name and look online to get any information you want. I didn't communicate with them through phone. All communication was via email. I've attached a screenshot of their information.
Danjd:

Thanks so much , can you give me there email address and phone number please

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Aku660: 6:54am On Jan 31
You are right. I've received the 60 days notice this morning.
TinFoil100:

if your PD wasn't current in the last 60 days, that may be a reason out of so many other reason (only speaking from little information i got from your response).
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 7:00am On Jan 31
Aku660:
You are right. I've received the 60 days notice this morning.

let me guess 12:30am EST ~ 6:30am WAT ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (43) (Reply)

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.