Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,429 members, 7,839,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1029254 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello

How old is your first born?

Cheers
olayide01:
Good evening, I have a question. I have been in the UK since September, 2022. with Tier 4. My wife and my other three children joined me in December, 2022. My first born is schooling in Canada since January, 2021. My question is I want to apply visa for him as a dependant in the UK. Please what are the steps required.
Do I need to put money in my account?
Does he need to do TB test? Please someone should guide me. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello.

@ the bolded ,can they provide a letter/evidence to show no contact from UKVI??

Regardless of whether you go for a review, you won't be able to meet up with the session, it will be worth deferring it

Cheers
Tboy243:
Good afternoon bosses in the house.

I haven't been in the best of moods lately as I got a refusal mail for my Student's Visa, from UKVI yesterday, 64 days after biometrics. Even though I have accepted my fate and trying to move on, I still feel cheated by UKVI.

I'd appreciate your words of support and advice on the way forward.... kindly find screenshot of decision letter.

I don't know if it is a good news or not, but the refusal allows for administrative review. The reason I am not sure it's a good news is that deadline for enrollment stated on CAS is February 13th (Monday).

I would appreciate your advise. Would opting for administrative review yield favourable results considering that deadline stated on CAS is this Monday, can UKVI still find a way around this to favour me or should I seek to defer my admission till next available intake for my course and reapply for my VISA?..

My financial institution claims they haven't gotten any correspondence from UKVI and they don't understand why they are claiming so. So, who con dey lie?

Would that not mean I'm letting go too easily of which I would have to still start the processes all over again except for IHS that would be refunded?

Kindly advise me gurus in the house. God bless you as you do.

Dduchess90 and other gurus... embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Babababy(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2023

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by DemmyDD: 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
pretty1986:
Good afternoon, please do Derby University require IELTS result for Masters degree program? and Can they accept English language proficiency from someone Institution?pls reply.
I applied without IELTS and proficiency letter and I was given an offer. I think you are Good to go with WAEC result provided you have Good grade in English Language
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tboy243: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thank you very much dduchess90 for your contribution. Actually they verbally claimed they haven't gotten any mail from UKVI but I think I'll go with what you've said. I'll demand for an official letter from them to proof they didn't hear from UKVI.

Also, I think UKVI is being political and insincere too for waiting till a day before deadline, before stating that the financial institution didn't respond and now allowing for administrative review after refusal.

I agree with you that deferring would be a better option however, do you think administrative review would have any effect at all incase I opt for it, whether I choose to deffer my admission or not?
dduchess90:
Hello.

@ the bolded ,can they provide a letter/evidence to show no contact from UKVI??

Regardless of whether you go for a review, you won't be able to meet up with the session, it will be worth deferring it

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by barongmj(f): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
Okay
Let me stay from
4) Derby requires POF before CAS and that’s standard

3). There is an automatic scholarship for MSc. Students. You can also apply for further scholarships on the website if you meet the criteria

2) The official deadline is what has been given to you in your offer letter or probably what’s on the website but unofficially, you wouldn’t get locked out if you exceeded it. Mails would be sent severally in weeks before any action is being taken
1) 3k, remaining half and rest of the half but we do have people paying the 2nd part in installments
jhorjhor:

First of, thanks so much for replying me.

I got a offer from the school and even though the prospect looks great, I want to be sure about some details.

1) The payment plan after paying the initial 3k deposit.

2) Is there usually a deadline for payment of deposit

3) Didn't notice any discount/scholarships. Is it possible to apply for one?

4) I really do not understand the POF before CAS thing

Thank You!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by barongmj(f): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
They don’t require
Waec or neco is fine
pretty1986:
Good afternoon, please do Derby University require IELTS result for Masters degree program? and Can they accept English language proficiency from someone Institution?pls reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pretty1986: 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
barongmj:
They don’t require
Waec or neco is fine
ok thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 9:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello

Administrative review will work if

1. You have time to overturn the decision, CAS has not been cancelled and you can resume studies with your session- review can take weeks and months

2. You clearly have an argument backed with evidence to say that UKVI didn't contact your bank

3. Your funds are intact and bank statement ready to be resubmitted if requested

The deadline in your CAS has nothing to do with UKVI's decision to contact you now

My opinion, defer your admission, reapply and address this refusal when it's time

Cheers
Tboy243:
Thank you very much dduchess90 for your contribution. Actually they verbally claimed they haven't gotten any mail from UKVI but I think I'll go with what you've said. I'll demand for an official letter from them to proof they didn't hear from UKVI.

Also, I think UKVI is being political and insincere too for waiting till a day before deadline, before stating that the financial institution didn't respond and now allowing for administrative review after refusal.

I agree with you that deferring would be a better option however, do you think administrative review would have any effect at all incase I opt for it, whether I choose to deffer my admission or not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mannymanny: 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please I have a question. It’s urgent please

Does the statement of account for POF have to count from the day the application was submitted backwards or from
the day one pays visa and IHS

The reason I’m asking is because I filled and submitted visa application In January after which I was taken to IHS page but I didn’t pay then, I just paid both IHS and Visa yesterday.

So I want to know when the POF is meant to count from

Dduchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olayide01(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

How old is your first born?

Cheers
He’s is 17 years old
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ImperialMcHael(m): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

You would have to upload your sponsorship letter. If you are fully sponsored then that's all you need but If you are partially sponsored
then you need to submit the rest of the financial evidence.

Note that the ECO will be verifying this

You can bring your dependants when you are ready, if your sponsorship doesn't cover it then you have to provide their financial evidence

Cheers

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ImperialMcHael(m): 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2023
mimilyrics:
Imperialmichael In addition to what dduchess90 has said, the sponsorship letter must clearly show at least 2 of the company's addresses in 2 different countries, their website address, contact details - phone and official email address, and states how much the company will be given you.

Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tboy243: 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Noted... Thanks alot
dduchess90:
Hello

Administrative review will work if

1. You have time to overturn the decision, CAS has not been cancelled and you can resume studies with your session- review can take weeks and months

2. You clearly have an argument backed with evidence to say that UKVI didn't contact your bank

3. Your funds are intact and bank statement ready to be resubmitted if requested

The deadline in your CAS has nothing to do with UKVI's decision to contact you now

My opinion, defer your admission, reapply and address this refusal when it's time

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jorez: 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please see screenshots,have you submitted your form? do you have AF number yet for the application then you should have this option
myhero:

Under the right corner drop down menu in the page of my Form A, all I see is profile, change password, consignees and logout (that's exactly under my name icon).. Then there is a place written ACTIONS (under the actions menu is change password, update contact details and update NIBSS Information... I didn't see download option

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jhorjhor: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
DemmyDD:
I have offer in uni of Derby too
Bro. Let's exchange contacts please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jhorjhor: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thanks so much ma'am
barongmj:
Okay
Let me stay from
4) Derby requires POF before CAS and that’s standard

3). There is an automatic scholarship for MSc. Students. You can also apply for further scholarships on the website if you meet the criteria

2) The official deadline is what has been given to you in your offer letter or probably what’s on the website but unofficially, you wouldn’t get locked out if you exceeded it. Mails would be sent severally in weeks before any action is being taken
1) 3k, remaining half and rest of the half but we do have people paying the 2nd part in installments
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello @Justwise

Please look into post by @amenmay and ban

We don't encourage scam marriages/relationships here

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello

You couldn't have submitted your application without paying your IHS and visa fees

So if you paid today it means you have submitted today and your bank statement should reflect evidence of maintenance funds for minimum 28days backwards from today

Cheers
Mannymanny:
Please I have a question. It’s urgent please

Does the statement of account for POF have to count from the day the application was submitted backwards or from
the day one pays visa and IHS

The reason I’m asking is because I filled and submitted visa application In January after which I was taken to IHS page but I didn’t pay then, I just paid both IHS and Visa yesterday.

So I want to know when the POF is meant to count from

Dduchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 12:02am On Feb 11, 2023
Hello

Following your response about his age

1. Yes you need evidence of his maintenance for minimum 9months

2. You don't need TB since he is applying from Canada

3. The key things is to prove that your child is not living an independent life see attached screenshot of evidence you could provide

Cheers
olayide01:
Good evening, I have a question. I have been in the UK since September, 2022. with Tier 4. My wife and my other three children joined me in December, 2022. My first born is schooling in Canada since January, 2021. My question is I want to apply visa for him as a dependant in the UK. Please what are the steps required.
Do I need to put money in my account?
Does he need to do TB test? Please someone should guide me. Thanks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olayide01(m): 12:26am On Feb 11, 2023
Thank you very much. God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by barongmj(f): 2:19am On Feb 11, 2023
You’re welcome sir
jhorjhor:
Thanks so much ma'am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mosme: 2:24am On Feb 11, 2023
Hi all,

Please who can suggest cheap schools with good payment plans around London that someone who lives in London can commute to?
I'll appreciate.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by barongmj(f): 2:25am On Feb 11, 2023
Ulster university
Mosme:
Hi all,

Please who can suggest cheap schools with good payment plans around London that someone who lives in London can commute to?
I'll appreciate.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Emmyrez(m): 3:09am On Feb 11, 2023
Please who has been in this situation, kindly explain

My program is for two years, one year of study, and the second year for placement and it started in September 2022. Now hopefully my wife will join me by May 2023 ending. My question is

Will she have her BRP?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 5:45am On Feb 11, 2023
Hello,

Yes she will

Cheers
Emmyrez:
Please who has been in this situation, kindly explain

My program is for two years, one year of study, and the second year for placement and it started in September 2022. Now hopefully my wife will join me by May 2023 ending. My question is

Will she have her BRP?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by president4life(m): 6:35am On Feb 11, 2023
Etsetemi88:
Good morning, I got admission for September 2023, I intend going booking for TB test by 16th of march. Is it too early? Thanks so much

its too early, reschedule your appointment to may as t.b test expires after six months.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Feb 11, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello @Justwise

Please look into post by @amenmay and ban

We don't encourage scam marriages/relationships here

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by heykims(m): 7:40am On Feb 11, 2023
Hello, who booked for TB test at IOM Ikeja recently?
The available days for the test are not showing.
Someone please help out on what to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by amorprincesa: 7:47am On Feb 11, 2023
It is not difficultcheesy cheesy It is mostly what you wrote in your personal statement.
DemmyDD:
Me I dont really like school with Pre Cas interview oo😀🙏
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by amorprincesa: 7:53am On Feb 11, 2023
I was also trying to book for someone yesterday IOM Abuja. There was no available date through April sef. I think the site has issue and they will resolve it.
You can also call them to find out.
heykims:
Hello, who booked for TB test at IOM Ikeja recently?
The available days for the test are not showing.
Someone please help out on what to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.