Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,336 members, 7,846,468 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery (3407 Views)

Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh / Abductors Kill Imo Dep Gov’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Keep quiet the way Fashola kept quiet about Asiwaju his god father. undecided undecided undecided

Tell your thief deputy governor to go and answer all the charges against him or do you want oyinbo to come and arrest him like osama bin laden ?
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by aloyemeka2: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Tell your thief deputy governor to go and answer all the charges against him or do you want oyinbo to come and arrest him like osama bin laden ?

Why haven't they arrested the most wanted Asiwaju in history?. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Why haven't they arrested the most wanted Asiwaju in history?. tongue tongue tongue tongue

If there is any court injunction against tinubu for any crime he may have committed,bring it on and i will personally campaign for his arrest and prosceution.however,there is a 17 years court injunction against the deputy of governor of imo state south east nigeria,so he should go and answer it.or do we need to extradite him like a hardened criminal. 419
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by EkoIle1: 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2011
manny4life:

I'm obviously not disputing the arrest, innocent and guilty people get arrested daily for different offense from traffic to misdemeanor and even including crimes. Just because you're arrested don't mean sh/it, doesn't mean you're convicted of the crime. What I'm questioning is the validity of this reports. Anyway, I'm sure he can find top criminal attorney from top law firms can represent him very well.

You are even worse than I thought, even basic reading and comprehension denied you sane and rational understanding the same basic argument posed by the indictments.

What's Sahara reporters investigative reporting got to do with the fact that the man was indicted for vomiting a crime in the United States and he absconded

What's Sahara reporters investigative reporting got to do with the fact that there is a warrant for this man's arrest in the United states?

What's Sahara reporters investigative reporting got to do with the fact that this man is yet to dispute the warrant and the fact that he ran away from his crimes, but your clueless self is sitting here quoting irrelevant nonsense like the ignorant market woman that you are?

What's your silly and dum.b reference about getting arrested and traffic offense got to do with the fact that this is not a traffic offense like your shallow brain stupidly related?

And according to you, arrest doesn't mean you are guilty, sure, but why run if you are not guilty or if the evidence of wrong doing posed against you is in your favor?

Try shut your ignorant mouth sometimes and spare us your illiterate analogies.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by ektbear: 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2011
Tinubu was indicted like this guy, but never convicted (and didn't jump bail, lol.) From what I gather, he instead he settled out of court. He can come and go as he pleases to the US. Unlike this dude
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by aloyemeka2: 8:45pm On Aug 03, 2011
ekt_bear:

Tinubu was indicted like this guy, but never convicted (and didn't jump bail, lol.) From what I gather, he instead he settled out of court. He can come and go as he pleases to the US. Unlike this dude

He settled them with drug money unlike this dude. Does that make him any better?. Tea party asiwaju negotiator. He must have paid the US govt from the Lagos state treasury.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by ektbear: 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2011
aloy-emeka:

He settled them with drug money unlike this dude. Does that make him any better?. Tea party asiwaju negotiator. He must have paid the US govt from the Lagos state treasury.

lol

Indeed, he settled them from the Lagos State treasury grin grin grin 5 years before he got access to it, he settled them. He bought the judge, the (cook county?) district attorney, offered them property in Ikoyi in exchange as part of the settlement

lmao
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by EkoIle1: 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2011
ekt_bear:

lol

Indeed, he settled them from the Lagos State treasury grin grin grin 5 years before he got access to it, he settled them. He bought the judge, the (cook county?) district attorney, offered them property in Ikoyi in exchange as part of the settlement

lmao

lmao,

You got to give it to these comedians on NL, they really make me laugh for real. They don't even try to make sense anymore.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by jokingmary(m): 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2011
seanet02:

Fraud = ibo
kidnapping =IBO
human eating = Ibo
Modern slave trade =IBO
all social vices starts and end in Iboland.
Why don't u check this out https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-726635.32.html#msg8848539
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2011
Eko Ile:

You are even worse than I thought, even basic reading and comprehension denied you sane and rational understanding the same basic argument posed by the indictments.

Now silly do me a big favor and shut the fu/ck up

Now mother/fuc/ker let me explain it for you; Mr troll reading and comprehension is very clear and I will break it down for you since you're a lil slow and cannot comprehend. Now listen and learn; if these men where arrested of this so-called "forgery" in 1994, like my post stated, why weren't they charged (aka or indicted)?

Eko Ile:

What's Sahara reporters investigative reporting got to do with the fact that the man was indicted for vomiting a crime in the United States and he absconded

What's Sahara reporters investigative reporting got to do with the fact that there is a warrant for this man's arrest in the United states?

Fool, if the post said he was indicted or charged, why did the state of New York proceed with the trial? You know why, the state of New York NEVER indicted him; probably state of New York did not and still do not have a proof to indict him he was arrested, and granted bail just like everyone else. However, your reporters claimed he jumped bail; whatever they meant by that because I don't see it but assuming he did. Since Sahara reporters are "INVESTIGATING", they should have provided us with the court where he was charged along with the case # or docket #, at least that will be "Investigative" reporting. If he was charged and found not guilty, it could have been expunged from records.

Dude, if u read my post, I said I wasn't disputing his warrant for his arrest; I  said innocent and guilt people gets arrested from traffic violations to misdemeanor, that he has an outstanding warrant don't mean sh/it. Besides, this man has been visiting the states since and all of a sudden, in 2011, here comes a 1994 warrant, please give me something else. For your own records, warrants are court records, so if a warrant is issued, regardless of whether your guilty or not, it will still stay on your record with the exception of certain events.

Eko Ile:

What's Sahara reporters investigative reporting got to do with the fact that this man is yet to dispute the warrant and the fact that he ran away from his crimes, but your clueless self is sitting here quoting irrelevant nonsense like the ignorant market woman that you are?

What's your silly and dum.b reference about getting arrested and traffic offense got to do with the fact that this is not a traffic offense like your shallow brain stupidly related?

And according to you, arrest doesn't mean you are guilty, sure, but why run if you are not guilty or if the evidence of wrong doing posed against you is in your favor?

Again ignorant troll only if you read , I have clearly stated getting arrested don't mean sh/it, please stop tryna copy from me

"What's your silly and dum.b reference about getting arrested and traffic offense got to do with the fact that this is not a traffic offense like your shallow brain stupidly related?

Only if your thought process worked very well; I was saying people get arrested from traffic offenses to major crime, an arrest don't mean a thing not if you're guilty. So troll, please think before you type, stop making big issues about a fu/cking warrant please, it's really no big deal. Now dude, I won't argue stupidly and blindly with you, I believe I have made enough statement that "an arrest don't mean anything, doesn't mean you're convicted, check my posts, I made that very clearly for you to see. Besides, people run for various reasons depending on what is on their RAP sheet, that you have an outstanding warrant doesn't mean you're going to 100yrs in jail.

ekt_bear:

Exactly is the case, no one knows the true details about these nonsense; he settled out of court doesn't mean that the if you go to court records and archive, you won't see the actual documents signed and dated by the judge. Anyway just like I said, unlike your cohort eko-Ile, I am less worried about the warrant, what I was stressing about was the content of the warrants. I was contending that under NY law, though a warrant was out to get him, probably the SOL have expired, more like he will just pay a fine. Besides, the so-called reporters say it currency fraud and then the warrant says forged instruments, come on now, even you know the difference between the two. Anyway, this isn't a big issue. I thought it was currency fraud, but damn forged instrument, and New York being a liberal state, I'm most likely certain he will walk though I'm not in support, but trust, he will walk.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by aloyemeka2: 1:58am On Aug 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Don't put your eggs in one basket when it comes to Saharareports. They practice malicious journalism.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by OmoLisabi(m): 2:43am On Aug 04, 2011
manny4life:

Now mother/fuc/ker let me explain it for you; Mr troll reading and comprehension is very clear and I will break it down for you since you're a lil slow and cannot comprehend. Now listen and learn; if these men where arrested of this so-called "forgery" in 1994, like my post stated, why weren't they charged (aka or indicted)?

Fool, if the post said he was indicted or charged, why did the state of New York proceed with the trial? You know why, the state of New York NEVER indicted him; probably state of New York did not and still do not have a proof to indict him he was arrested, and granted bail just like everyone else. However, your reporters claimed he jumped bail; whatever they meant by that because I don't see it but assuming he did. Since Sahara reporters are "INVESTIGATING", they should have provided us with the court where he was charged along with the case # or docket #, at least that will be "Investigative" reporting. If he was charged and found not guilty, it could have been expunged from records.

Dude, if u read my post, I said I wasn't disputing his warrant for his arrest; I  said innocent and guilt people gets arrested from traffic violations to misdemeanor, that he has an outstanding warrant don't mean sh/it. Besides, this man has been visiting the states since and all of a sudden, in 2011, here comes a 1994 warrant, please give me something else. For your own records, warrants are court records, so if a warrant is issued, regardless of whether your guilty or not, it will still stay on your record with the exception of certain events.

Again ignorant troll only if you read , I have clearly stated getting arrested don't mean sh/it, please stop tryna copy from me

"What's your silly and dum.b reference about getting arrested and traffic offense got to do with the fact that this is not a traffic offense like your shallow brain stupidly related?

Only if your thought process worked very well; I was saying people get arrested from traffic offenses to major crime, an arrest don't mean a thing not if you're guilty. So troll, please think before you type, stop making big issues about a fu/cking warrant please, it's really no big deal. Now dude, I won't argue stupidly and blindly with you, I believe I have made enough statement that "an arrest don't mean anything, doesn't mean you're convicted, check my posts, I made that very clearly for you to see. Besides, people run for various reasons depending on what is on their RAP sheet, that you have an outstanding warrant doesn't mean you're going to 100yrs in jail.

Exactly is the case, no one knows the true details about these nonsense; he settled out of court doesn't mean that the if you go to court records and archive, you won't see the actual documents signed and dated by the judge. Anyway just like I said, unlike your cohort eko-Ile, I am less worried about the warrant, what I was stressing about was the content of the warrants. I was contending that under NY law, though a warrant was out to get him, probably the SOL have expired, more like he will just pay a fine. Besides, the so-called reporters say it currency fraud and then the warrant says forged instruments, come on now, even you know the difference between the two. Anyway, this isn't a big issue. I thought it was currency fraud, but damn forged instrument, and New York being a liberal state, I'm most likely certain he will walk though I'm not in support, but trust, he will walk.
YEEEEEPAAAAAA! When did "Charged AKA Indict"? Dont you know they are too different things?
One is putting someone on trial before a Court of Justice based on some alleged misdeeds or contravention of standing rules while the other is the finding of an accused guilty of the charges leveled against him/her.
Dude try and go for Adult Education o. Na small bucks you go spend.
You may also create a farmers board on nairaland and engaged petty farmers of your level their in your oxford dictionary discussions. Olodo.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by EkoIle1: 3:32am On Aug 04, 2011
manny4life:

This is really sad coming from a grown man. I know this is the internet, but you really sound ignorant.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by EkoIle1: 3:41am On Aug 04, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Don't put your eggs in one basket when it comes to Saharareports. They practice malicious journalism.

Shut your mouth. Did the sahara reporters made up the whole warrant story?

What's your rubbish got to do with the fact that this man commited a crime and he was charged befor running off?
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by manny4life(m): 3:44am On Aug 04, 2011
OmoLisabi:

YEEEEEPAAAAAA! When did "Charged AKA Indict"? Dont you know they are too different things?
One is putting someone on trial before a Court of Justice based on some alleged misdeeds or contravention of standing rules while the other is the finding of an accused guilty of the charges leveled against him/her.
Dude try and go for Adult Education o. Na small bucks you go spend.
You may also create a farmers board on nairaland and engaged petty farmers of your level their in your oxford  dictionary discussions. Olodo.

LOL, From what slumber did you rise from? Hiss, you want you and I to argue? Why don't you pull out your "Oxford" dictionary and look up the term indictment? I will give you a crash course on the American System, well, since we are talking about American law here, Mr. whoever you are, an INDICTMENT under American Legal System (ALS) is a formal "charge" or "accusation" brought by an entity; municipality, state or FG against and individual (persons or representative of an entity such as a corporation) before a judicial system. This is the first process of a criminal prosecution. Indictment must follow due process; for an indictment must meet the "severe felonies" standard as described by Congress. Congress stated that there are two types of crimes; Misdemeanors and Felonies and the only thing that differentiates them if I recall very well is the type of crime committed, length and severity of punishment. For instance, larceny is misdemeanor but theft of $500 is a felony, I hope you got it.

To answer your question, there is no difference between the two, Where you got your information from, I sure hell do not know. Prosecution, the act of putting someone on [b]trial [/b]before a court, a judge and before member of his peers ( JURY) is called "Legal proceedings", look it up. In addition, every criminal trial prosecuted in the states and the accused is found guilty is only done by the JURY. Now dude, I believe

lol, I should go for adult education? You just cracking me up, well you see I try not to display my education, particularly, when it's been questioned such as this moment. Thanks for your recommendation, I'll be sure to keep it in mind!
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by manny4life(m): 3:51am On Aug 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is really sad coming from a grown man. I know this is the internet, but you really sound ignorant.

Grown man? By his grace, I'm grown, come to think of it, what is sad about it? That your "Sahara reporters" did a terrible job in their reporting? You claim they are involved in "investigative reporting" but nothing of the contents does support that opinion? They went to the court clerk to obtain warrants, that was it? Is that how you investigate? If the man was charged with a crime "like you claimed", I was expecting more like get some court transcripts, get the docket # where this silly case was filed, I mean I can give you 10 more investigative reasons they should have asked, the warrant claimed "forged instrument" meanwhile your reporter claimed " currency fraud" only an uneducated person or someone who doesn't know money will know that there is a clear difference between the both. Your reporter should have investigated what kind of forged instrument was it. I mean if he was charged, it should all be included in the court transcript, shouldn't it? I was expecting so much more, not this crap posted on here. This is not how professional do it; I'm highly disappointed in such nonsense.

Eko Ile:

What's your rubbish got to do with the fact that this man commited a crime and he was charged befor running off?

Oh no, the warrant, perhaps was true, I saw it myself on the scribd.com website; however, the contents of their article was "MISLEADING". They claim United States Authorities charged him rather than Nassau County, NY charged him, there were court records, they claim he was charged, but no case file # for the charges, how odd shocked shocked shocked. I mean, Sahara did not interview the DA who charged him? what information from the court records do they have again? On these same claims, what Sahara could come up with was misleading stating it was currency fraud (which solely falls under federal jurisdiction), and forgery meanwhile the warrant clearly stated "forged instruments", am I the only one seeing irregularities here?
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by aloyemeka2: 3:55am On Aug 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Saharareporters has published so many false stories about Obasanjo, Omisore, Uba, Dangote, etc. These men may not be the best of Nigerian men but it is always right to practice decent journalism and publish what they did because of credibility.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by EkoIle1: 7:33am On Aug 04, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Saharareporters has published so many false stories about Obasanjo, Omisore, Uba, Dangote, etc. These men may not be the best of Nigerian men but it is always right to practice decent journalism and publish what they did because of credibility.

I didn't ask you to spew more rubbish, just answer the questions I ased you. Did shahara reporters made up the warrant story? Yes or no.

Use your brain for a change.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by EkoIle1: 7:38am On Aug 04, 2011
manny4life:

Grown man? By his grace, I'm grown, come to think of it, what is sad about it? That your "Sahara reporters" did a terrible job in their reporting? You claim they are involved in "investigative reporting" but nothing of the contents does support that opinion? They went to the court clerk to obtain warrants, that was it? Is that how you investigate? If the man was charged with a crime "like you claimed", I was expecting more like get some court transcripts, get the docket # where this silly case was filed, I mean I can give you 10 more investigative reasons they should have asked, the warrant claimed "forged instrument" meanwhile your reporter claimed " currency fraud" only an uneducated person or someone who doesn't know money will know that there is a clear difference between the both. Your reporter should have investigated what kind of forged instrument was it. I mean if he was charged, it should all be included in the court transcript, shouldn't it? I was expecting so much more, not this crap posted on here. This is not how professional do it; I'm highly disappointed in such nonsense.

Oh no, the warrant, perhaps was true, I saw it myself on the scribd.com website; however, the contents of their article was "MISLEADING". They claim United States Authorities charged him rather than Nassau County, NY charged him, there were court records, they claim he was charged, but no case file # for the charges, how odd shocked shocked shocked. I mean, Sahara did not interview the DA who charged him? what information from the court records do they have again? On these same claims, what Sahara could come up with was misleading stating it was currency fraud (which solely falls under federal jurisdiction), and forgery meanwhile the warrant clearly stated "forged instruments", am I the only one seeing irregularities here?

Beats me why you keep bothering me with your re.tarded and meaningless ramblings. If you can not categorically assert that the man did not commit any crime, that there's no warrant out there for his arrest, then shut your ignorant mouth.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Eltonluigi(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2011
Some people are just here to hurt others feelings
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2011
That thief should be impeached and extradited to the US to stand trial.What has okorocha got to say about this ?
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by manny4life(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
Eko Ile:

Beats me why you keep bothering me with your re.tarded and meaningless ramblings. If you can not categorically assert that the man did not commit any crime, that there's no warrant out there for his arrest, then shut your ignorant mouth.

Yeah beats me too why you keep feeling so much important about someone else bothering you. Why the hell would I wanna be bothering a certified troll? I really give a fu/ck about you , SMH. Think with your brains and not with the hormones; I believe I have done a good job trying to dispose all that crap about your so-called reporters,  I asserted that very well that indeed though there is a warrant and that don't mean sh/it (ain't no fu/ck/ing big deal), and your so-called reporters have failed woefully in their "INVESTIGATIVE EFFORTS" and duties, kinda sucks to be on the Shara Team and bummer to have to listen to their garbage. shocked shocked shocked   Now,  Nairaland's Certified Internet Troll, do us all a big favor, return to that trolls pit and do what you do best; bit/ch as much as you want.

Eko Ile:

I didn't ask you to spew more rubbish, just answer the questions I ased you. Did shahara reporters made up the warrant story? Yes or no.

Use your brain for a change.

I will help him; YES, YES AND YES, how many times do I have to say it, YES AND YES AND MORE YES,  your so-called reporters made up the damn story. Nothing in their reports clearly stated facts, until they quote the truth from the hard copy, it's a made up story.

~Bluetooth:

That thief should be impeached and extradited to the US to stand trial.What has okorocha got to say about this ?

Really dude? He should be impeached because of what? That he has an "outstanding" 1994 warrant of arrest" or because he's been charged, tried and convicted (has criminal record), which? Per the extradition, well I hope your county could see it, or did they miss the fact that the man is a Dep Gov.?What are they waiting on? Why haven't they put an extradition request to Nigeria? Oh I forgot, the Justice Dept follows due process, and they are still waiting on him to serve out his term and probably for another 4yr term or better yet, Justice Dept can't seem to liaise with the foreign and justice department of their Nigerian counterparts, or could it just be that it's really not "worth" their time? Shoot.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
Why does this not surprise me?

People should stop doing business with this ppl. It is said that an Igbo man would even kill his mother for money. ojukwu must be rolling in his coma state of mind.

Arrest warrant? Why not send a Fulani bounty hunter to get him, alive or dead.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by otokx(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2011
smh
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by seanet02: 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
I dey laugh o
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by T9ksy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
seanet02:

I dey laugh o

+ 1.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by speedyo: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
New York Judge Dismisses Case Against Imo Deputy Governor print

A New York Judge has dismissed the 17-count criminal possession of forged instruments case filed against the current Imo Deputy Governor Jude Agbaso, in December 1994.

Judge David Sullivan of the Nassau County Court granted the dismissal following a plea request made by the prosecutor, the Nassau County Assistant District Attorney Brian Lee and the defence counsel, Mrs. Laura Chukwuma.

The judge, in an order dated August 24, also vacated arrest warrants issued against Jude Agbaso, 53, in connection with the case.

Agbaso then a resident of New York was arrested on June 20, 1994 on a first-degree 17-count indictment for possession of forged 100 dollar bills.

An arrest warrant was later issued for him after he reportedly jumped bail in the case which also involved Eugene Harding.

In granting the plea agreement by the prosecutor and the defence, Judge Sullivan granted Agbaso’s plea of a one-count of a non-criminal violation charge of disorderly conduct under Section 240.20(2).

On Wednesday, Agbaso was represented by his counsel, who agreed to pay a 250 dollars fine for the disorderly conduct.

A copy of the court disposition obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), and dated August 24 said: “This order will certify that all seventeen counts obtained with the aforesaid indictment were resolved through a plea to one count of disorderly conduct under count one.”

“Accordingly, all seventeen counts charging the defendant with criminal possession of a forged instrument in the First Degree under IND 90454 dated December 30, 1994 are now dismissed in satisfaction of this plea and any and all bench warrants issued in connection with this matter have been vacated effectively immediately,” Judge Sullivan said.

Speaking to NAN, Chukwuma, who was in court with her client’s elder brother Chief Martin Agbaso, said the judgement meant the “Deputy Governor is free to enter the United States at will.

“He can enter the U.S at his pleasure whenever he wants because he is free to, there is no warrant for his arrest anymore, it’s been thrown out.

“Seventeen charges were filed in this case for criminal possession of forged instruments (forged currency).

“Those 17 first degree felony counts have all been dropped and dismissed entirely by not just the judge but also by the prosecutor.

“His Excellency Jude Agabso never entered any plea for the resolution of any of those seventeen charges because they were thrown out, meaning again that he has been vindicated and his innocence has been established beyond any reasonable doubts.

“There is no felony pending against him right now, he is not a convicted felon, he has never been a convicted felon and he will never be a convicted felon, ” the Agabso’s family lawyer said.

The defence counsel also explained that the plea for disorderly conduct entered by his client under section 240.20 sub section 2 (New York law) “is not a crime, felony or misdemeanour.

“The disorderly conduct that he pleaded for is a mere violation, it’s like a traffic citation; it’s an infraction not a crime.

“At the time he was arrested for the 17-count charge he professed his innocence at the top of his voice, he maintained his innocence and disputed any and all facts that were inconsistent with his innocence.

“Because he was innocent, he knew he had done nothing wrong and he was overtly emotional about it and somewhat loud, so he pleaded to talking too loud in the public at the time of this incident,” she said.

Martin Agbaso, the deputy governors elder brother, described the outcome of the case as “total vindication” for his brother.

“I believe in the American judicial system and this is a clear demonstration that an innocent man, it doesn’t matter how much it takes, will at some point be vindicated.

“I am happy as a member of his family; when all these issues came up he stood as a man and suffered very humiliating write-ups in the papers,’’ the senior Agabso told NAN.

“The whole family dealt with the trauma that came with it but our faith in God remained resolute and we knew that at some point the will of the God of justice will prevail,” he added.

Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by speedyo: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2011

A New York Judge has dismissed the 17-count criminal possession of forged instruments case filed against the current Imo Deputy Governor Jude Agbaso, in December 1994.

Judge David Sullivan of the Nassau County Court granted the dismissal following a plea request made by the prosecutor, the Nassau County Assistant District Attorney Brian Lee and the defence counsel, Mrs. Laura Chukwuma.

The judge, in an order dated August 24, also vacated arrest warrants issued against Jude Agbaso, 53, in connection with the case.

Agbaso then a resident of New York was arrested on June 20, 1994 on a first-degree 17-count indictment for possession of forged 100 dollar bills.

An arrest warrant was later issued for him after he reportedly jumped bail in the case which also involved Eugene Harding.

In granting the plea agreement by the prosecutor and the defence, Judge Sullivan granted Agbaso’s plea of a one-count of a non-criminal violation charge of disorderly conduct under Section 240.20(2).

On Wednesday, Agbaso was represented by his counsel, who agreed to pay a 250 dollars fine for the disorderly conduct.

A copy of the court disposition obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), and dated August 24 said: “This order will certify that all seventeen counts obtained with the aforesaid indictment were resolved through a plea to one count of disorderly conduct under count one.”

“Accordingly, all seventeen counts charging the defendant with criminal possession of a forged instrument in the First Degree under IND 90454 dated December 30, 1994 are now dismissed in satisfaction of this plea and any and all bench warrants issued in connection with this matter have been vacated effectively immediately,” Judge Sullivan said.

Speaking to NAN, Chukwuma, who was in court with her client’s elder brother Chief Martin Agbaso, said the judgement meant the “Deputy Governor is free to enter the United States at will.

“He can enter the U.S at his pleasure whenever he wants because he is free to, there is no warrant for his arrest anymore, it’s been thrown out.

“Seventeen charges were filed in this case for criminal possession of forged instruments (forged currency).

“Those 17 first degree felony counts have all been dropped and dismissed entirely by not just the judge but also by the prosecutor.

“His Excellency Jude Agabso never entered any plea for the resolution of any of those seventeen charges because they were thrown out, meaning again that he has been vindicated and his innocence has been established beyond any reasonable doubts.

“There is no felony pending against him right now, he is not a convicted felon, he has never been a convicted felon and he will never be a convicted felon, ” the Agabso’s family lawyer said.

The defence counsel also explained that the plea for disorderly conduct entered by his client under section 240.20 sub section 2 (New York law) “is not a crime, felony or misdemeanour.

“The disorderly conduct that he pleaded for is a mere violation, it’s like a traffic citation; it’s an infraction not a crime.

“At the time he was arrested for the 17-count charge he professed his innocence at the top of his voice, he maintained his innocence and disputed any and all facts that were inconsistent with his innocence.

“Because he was innocent, he knew he had done nothing wrong and he was overtly emotional about it and somewhat loud, so he pleaded to talking too loud in the public at the time of this incident,” she said.

Martin Agbaso, the deputy governors elder brother, described the outcome of the case as “total vindication” for his brother.

“I believe in the American judicial system and this is a clear demonstration that an innocent man, it doesn’t matter how much it takes, will at some point be vindicated.

“I am happy as a member of his family; when all these issues came up he stood as a man and suffered very humiliating write-ups in the papers,’’ the senior Agabso told NAN.

“The whole family dealt with the trauma that came with it but our faith in God remained resolute and we knew that at some point the will of the God of justice will prevail,” he added.

Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by speedyo: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2011

Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Nchuanwu: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
Martin Agbaso should quickly tell Nigerians his involvement in this whole saga, so as not to mess the 'good work' his boss Rochas is doing in Imo State.
...But we should not be deceived by the flamboyancy of Nigerian politicians, for it is not the volume of wealth amassed by an individual that makes him a leader.
Re: Imo Dep Gov Has Arrest Warrant In The Us For Forgery by Nchuanwu: 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
I am not very comfortable with David P Sullivan's signature on the document.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opposition Lawmakers Want Obasanjo Punished For BPE Failures / BREAKING NEWS: South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag For Nelson Mandela / A Shocking Discovary!!! What Dangotes Soldier's Did, And Dangotes Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.