Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike (887 Views)

2023: Why Rivers People Cannot Betray Tinubu – Tony Okocha / PDP: Why We Can’t Commend Buhari On Rescue Of Kankara Students / PDP: Why We Must Win Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by kcmichael: 6:07am On Aug 10, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has boasted that the people of his state will always listen to him when he asks them to vote in a particular direction.

Naija News reports that the governor stated this during Tuesday’s commissioning of dualised Ogbunuabali – Eastern Bypass Road project in Port Harcourt.

According to the governor, misguided Rivers politicians are twisting his assertion on Monday that the state was entirely under his grips.

Wike explained, “Because some people went to school late, they don’t understand when somebody says I am in charge of this State.

“I never said I am in charge of votes in this State, but I know I can talk to my people, and my people will listen to me. Some people say I have only one vote, I agree. I can’t vote two times. I will only vote once. But because of the services I have rendered to the people of this State, the State will listen to me.”

He also stated that his widely acknowledged outstanding stewardship in office reflects his capacity and passion for delivering enduring development to Rivers State people.

Wike stated that his capacity to deliver has nothing to do with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“Take me away today from PDP to another party, and I will still perform. So, it is not because I’m in PDP that I’m performing,” the governor bragged.

He said, “Leadership is not about party. Leadership is about individuals. Party is only a vehicle to actualise your ambition, to be able to tell your people I have this capacity, I have this quality to render services to you.

“It is because I have that passion for my people, have the commitment to serve my people. Take me to YPP. Allow me become whatever I will become there. I will perform. Take me to any party. I will perform. So, it is not party that makes you to perform.”

Naija News understands that reports had emerged alleging that Governor Wike will back the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, against his party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

https://www./2022/08/09/apc-vs-pdp-why-rivers-people-will-vote-whoever-i-ask-them-to-vote-gov-wike/

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by God1000(m): 6:11am On Aug 10, 2022
This Wike is a narcissist
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Felimax(m): 6:19am On Aug 10, 2022
Wike talks too much.
Since he lost to Atiku it has been as if Atiku went with his sense of reasoning.

Can somebody help me tell Wike he cannot be bigger than PDP?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by DonBenny77(m): 6:22am On Aug 10, 2022
Mumu man

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Lawlab252: 6:33am On Aug 10, 2022
Ok
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 10, 2022
This one think say we still dey 2015

3 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by eddie7: 6:39am On Aug 10, 2022
demi-god status dey sweet some people but surely, pride goes before a fall grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Nwodosis(m): 6:51am On Aug 10, 2022
That was a rigging statement!
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Unzerious: 6:53am On Aug 10, 2022
No matter how bad things are, a Governor will always remain a Governor.

E sure me say PDP go lose Rivers. In 2015 Wike gave GEJ 1.4M votes, despite Amaechi being the Incumbent and Campaign DG of PMB.

On Wike's Flyover we stand grin

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by ajekpaks(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2022
A butterfly thinks itself a bird...

until it becomes food for the lizard
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Kingpin1000: 7:04am On Aug 10, 2022
Wike has reached rock bottom.
Wike talks too much, He is neither here nor there, is He the first person to loose Presidential primaries, is He is the first to be denied VP slot.
All the fight for southern Presidency was just for His selfish interests.
If truly you intended on becoming the President or VP you should have handled the Obigbo and VAT matter differently, you should not have a loosed tongue.
Saying, Rivers people who vote whom he tells them to vote is stepping over the boundary.
He is overestimating his popularity.

2 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by cyril10(m): 7:05am On Aug 10, 2022
Butterfly that thinks itself a Bird , very arrogant and overfed
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by princepeter566: 7:09am On Aug 10, 2022
Please tell them to vote labour party..
Apc want us to vote for APC in order to rescue us from APC.
PDP want us to vote for PDP in order to rescue us from APC and PDP.
Both party are failures.
Tell them to vote Peter obi
Tell them to vote labour party
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Kingpin1000: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

E sure me say PDP go lose Rivers. In 2015 Wike gave GEJ 1.4M votes, despite Amaechi being the Incumbent and Campaign DG of PMB.

Wike gave?
You just sit down to type rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by another1: 7:17am On Aug 10, 2022
Talkative
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by ezegold4we: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2022
Wike is becoming stupid, irritating and disgusting on a Daily basis.
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Validated: 7:20am On Aug 10, 2022
Wike, e go shock you. Wait till February 25, 2023. Them no dey tell man, go ask Oyetola how far.
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by beeblack: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2022
Mr Emi lokan2 ( na my turn 2nd)
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Unzerious: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Wike gave? You just sit down to type rubbish
Then, who Gave?
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Truthisunique2: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

no the people were PDP irrespective of wike or not
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Validated: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

You missed the point. It was never Wike, but Rivers people are predominantly PDP followwrs. Even if APC field Wike for president under APC, Wike will lose.

Stupidity of APC chieftains are not minding what Amaechi feels about their romance with Wike. If APC gets 10% votes un Rivers, it is based on buying votes. A typical Rivers person does not like APC in the first place. Then you add the issue of muslim-muslim ticket to shaky-shaky hand
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Truthisunique2: 7:28am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

Then, who Gave?
nobody gives anybody anything in south south

It is a pdp stronghold, look at Edo apc have never won it whether oshomole is governor he is not governor, obaseki is apc or is PDP

Edo keep voting pdp for president, na so e be for south south

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Unzerious: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
nobody gives anybody anything in south south

It is a pdp stronghold, look at Edo apc have never won it whether oshomole is governor he is not governor, obaseki is apc or is PDP

Edo keep voting pdp for president, na so e be for south south

Didn't APC win all 3 senatorial elections in Rivers in 2015?

Didn't APC win handsomely in Bayelsa state?

Didn't Obaseki win under APC in Edo state?

South southerners aren't PDP Stupid like some other region
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by IgOga(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

I hope the era of giving votes is over...if BVAS worked the way it worked in the recent Ekiti and Osun elections, then the people not Wike will decide their choice.

2 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Unzerious: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2022
Validated:

You missed the point. It was never Wike, but Rivers people are predominantly PDP followwrs. Even if APC field Wike for president under APC, Wike will lose.

Stupidity of APC chieftains are not minding what Amaechi feels about their romance with Wike. If APC gets 10% votes un Rivers, it is based on buying votes. A typical Rivers person does not like APC in the first place. Then you add the issue of muslim-muslim ticket to shaky-shaky hand

APC cleared all senatorial districts the same day PMB polled 63K votes, and you tell me Wike didn't do anything
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Unzerious: 7:47am On Aug 10, 2022
IgOga:

I hope the era of giving votes is over...if BVAS worked the way it worked in the recent Ekiti and Osun elections, then the people not Wike will decide their choice.

The people and Rigging equally decide the outcome of elections.

This is where Grassroot Politicians come in. Wike's reward system is perfect, and everyone would want a pat on the back. These people have loyalist among voters, who will do the canvassing for Wike's choice, be it in PDP or not.
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by ogmask: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2022
Now his true colour is coming out...
Not be wike say all the achievements of Ameachi was when Ameachi was in rye PDP?
Not be same wike say party is supreme when he remove Secondus and install Ayu?
Shey una remember when wike tell us say if election is conducted 10x in rivers that the PDP will win because rivers state is PDP and PDP is rivers state?
Am just wondering what has changed the made him suddenly see the PDP as nothing anymore.
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Unzerious: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
no the people were PDP irrespective of wike or not

Why did Atiku get barely 500k votes and Wike almost 900k votes And remember, in '19 NEW supported Tambuwal.
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Prince111111: 7:51am On Aug 10, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Wike gave?
You just sit down to type rubbish
na kiddo e be

1 Like

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by nedu666: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

Wike did not give jona 1.4million votes. Rivers people made their choice. Tinubu is not jona don't expect same tin to happen

2 Likes

Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Fkmodhi: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2022
Yaaah they are your slave people you can remote control them...
Re: APC Vs PDP: Why Rivers People Will Vote Whoever I Ask Them To Vote – Gov Wike by Honjoshy4u: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2022
Unzerious:

Why Oyetola no win Osun as governor na governor. Na we de Rivers, stop typing bear parlour gossip from Ogbomosho.
Rivers will never vote a muslim-muslim ticket.
If Wike mumu, Ameachi will disgrace him. Ameachi def, can't market the Devilish Muslim-muslim ticket here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Peter Obi Has Been The One Visiting Those Who Don't Love Him / JUST IN: Buhari Appoints Wife’s Brother As Director Of Company Printing Naira / I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.