Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (34410 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by Akano5(m): 11:45pm On Aug 11, 2022
4Humanity4All:

When I ask questions,I get savage replies most times.

I learned barbing, we were 8 in numbers and my boss didn't teach us work, he only teachs those he likes. Especially the first senior

It takes God's grace for me to catch-up, sometimes he looks at me with disdain when I wanna carry clipper...

After all, i still managed to grab it...

Wicked beings
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by pacespot(m): 2:42am On Aug 12, 2022
Nigerians have very rude cultures, we need to change this.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 12, 2022
Akano5:

I learned barbing, we were 8 in numbers and my boss didn't teach us work, he only teachs those he likes. Especially the first senior

It takes God's grace for me to catch-up, sometimes he looks at me with disdain when I wanna carry clipper...

After all, i still managed to grab it...

Wicked beings

Oh, that's bad of him. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by The5DME(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2022
Same issue I faced when I was learning how to fix mobile phones at Ikeja. Very terrible bosses. They only sent me on errands, both relevant and irrelevant errands. After 6 months, I knew I was not going to make headway in this skill because no one would really trust me to give me phones to fix, so I had to quit.

It was a painful thing to quit a skill you were so passionate about, but only to meet circumstances beyond your control, and alos considering the fact that I paid 50k to learn. After that, I swore never to learn any "handwork" ever again. If it's not a digital skill, I'm not interested anymore.

Op, just try to look for a way you can get practical experience from your seniors, because during my time, it was a particular senior I met there that took me under his wings - was showing me things. The boss hardly ever has time for you. If at the end you figure out that you're not making headway, you have to quit.
Good luck.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by adeyoung1(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2022
iamyemiakins:
I learnt iPhone software, hardware & repair. I wasn't taught much by my boss then, although we did theory and practical. Na to just teach you small and expect you to continue watching them, to master it on time grin
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by Folasadepitan(f): 10:56am On Aug 12, 2022
wunmi590:

I think I it used to be then, when people learn for free, but such rarely happen now as most of them now pay thier boss alot of money to gain the experience.

How will you pay a boss to teach you, and he/she is using you to play.....

Additionally, it also depend on individual ability to put his or her mind in the little that the boss teaches...

My wife learnt tailoring for just 3month while waiting for NYSC and used YouTube to master the remaining, she's now a master in sewing....

That is quite sad. Nigerians just have this mentality of making things hard for people below them.

My mother learnt tailoring years ago & till date, she still tells us stories of the unpleasant things her boss made her do.

Thank God for internet, most of these things can be learnt online.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by wunmi590(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2022
Folasadepitan:

That is quite sad. Nigerians just have this mentality of making things hard for people below them.

My mother learnt tailoring years ago & till date, she still tells us stories of the unpleasant things her boss made her do.

Thank God for internet, most of these things can be learnt online.

Your mum was not far from the truth, infact sometimes they send their workers home to go and cook for them or even send them to the market to buy food stuff for them..

Not to also forget sending them to help them bath their kids and change diaper.....
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by vickyfrancis1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
4Humanity4All:

Sir, what was the skill you learnt?

HVAC systems especially Air conditioner...
Very lucrative.
Sorry for the late reply.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2022
vickyfrancis1:

Very lucrative.

Oh. That's,btw, you don't need to apologize for replying late.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2022
vickyfrancis1:

Very lucrative.

Ok. That's nice,and, you don't have to apologize for replying late. I'm not entitled to your time.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by ashewoboy(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
wunmi590:

I think it used to be then, when people learn for free, but such rarely happen now as most of them now pay thier boss alot of money to gain the experience.

How will you pay a boss to teach you, and he/she is using you to play.....

Additionally, it also depend on individual ability to put his or her mind in the little that the boss teaches...

My wife learnt tailoring for just 3month while waiting for NYSC and used YouTube to master the remaining, she's now a master in sewing....

Newly married couple usually find a way to bring marriage into every discussion. How old is your marriage?
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by Lightened: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2022
Quite unfortunate, it's like that most of the times especially when you are not learned, like pass through the university.
4Humanity4All:

I've enrolled and I'm passing through the same thing.
Re: Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? by ospreywin(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2022
I stumbled upon this post when I'm actually making research on the best place to learn phone/laptop repair, please kindly help out and recommend the best place you know I can consider learning from, I'm in Lagos.thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mathematics In Nigeria- The Way Forward / An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees / How To Discover Your Talent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.