Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate (8739 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) / Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire / Obi Of Onitsha Commissions Dualised Sani Abacha Road Constructed By Wike(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by FatherOfJesus: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
[img][/img]People are plying the road freely without tolls and no one has died.because of that. Lekki-Ajau express that is tolled today doesn't even have this quality.
It was built by Peter Obi and since then the road is still standing solid.

Only Oworosonki/Apapa road comes close to this in entire Lagos and it wasn't built by Lagos State government.

Tinubu in his entire political career both as senator and govenror cannot boast of 100km roads combinely constructed or a single flyover and people want us to believe that he built Lagos

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Udoboss(m): 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
Lol

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ThrownBack: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2022
A federal road,

When Peter Obi saw how important the road was, he spent a lot of state government money to do the road. Increased it to a 10 lane road.

Some people will be comparing him to a sick old drug addict.

People should not annoy me here o

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by okeysoninv: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2022
best road in South East. they should have extended it to Awka

17 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ThrownBack: 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2022
okeysoninv:

Shame cannot catch the federal government, Peter Obi used state funds to do all those roads and they are not even thanking him in Abuja?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by perez100: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2022
Only people with questionable characters who swim in tribalism and care for their own selfish interests will vote Tinubu. These set of people like Deji and his co-travellers have been paid by Tinubu to campaign for him. I tell you that Tinubu 95% supporters are paid to support him and he must recover his money times 100 if the criminal is voted. But I know that our God is not sleeping and Tinubu will fail woefully in 2023

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by FatherOfJesus: 11:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
ThrownBack:
A federal road,

When Peter Obi saw how important the road was, he spent a lot of state government money to do the road. Increased it to a 10 lane road.

Some people will be comparing him to a sick old drug addict.

People should not annoy me here o
I remember how head bridge was a total chaos before this road was constructed.
Those of us travelling from Lagos to the east usually don't find it easy there but Peter Obi solved the problem

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ThrownBack: 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Those of us travelling from Lagos to the east usually don't find it easy there but Peter Obi solved the problem

If Nigeria miss Peter Obi with their bigotry, God will allow thm suffer foe another 40 years under criminals like Tinubu and Atiku who are political contractors, they will win and allow other rule while they collect their percentages.

God will bless you Peter Obi.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by FatherOfJesus: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
ThrownBack:

If Nigeria miss Peter Obi with their bigotry, God will allow thm suffer foe another 40 years under criminals like Tinubu and Atiku who are political contractors, they will win and allow other rule while they collect their percentages.

God will bless you Peter Obi.
we will do our best to let them see, he can't force people to stop suffering.

The painful part is that thier irrationally decision will affect everyone.

18 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Ddokie: 12:02am On Aug 11, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
People are plying the road freely without tolls and no one has died.because of that. Lekki-Ajau express that is tolled today doesn't even have this quality.

Only Oworosonki/Apapa road comes close to this in entire Lagos and it wasn't built by Lagos State government.

Tinubu in his entire political career but as senator and govenror cannot boast of 100km roads combinely constructed or a single flyover and people want us to believe that he built Lagos

It appears a lot of people supporting BAT did not know him when he was governor of Lagos. Tinubu did nothing on Lagos infrastructure, absolutely nothing. Nothing.

All of a sudden, he is the best governor ever. How?

They say he increased the igr of Lagos. The question should be how did he do it? Did he create an environment for business to thrive? The answer is no. The man only spread the tax net in an already booming economy. That isn't genius for Christ's sake. It was opportunistic. And he did it mainly for selfish reasons. The military wasn't interested in taxing Nigerians. If not, Marwa would have done exactly what tinubu did.

BATists should cut the crap. It was fashola that really worked in lagos, then Ambo. Sanwo-eko is a full time employee of Tinubu. e no get single mouth.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Oilwell(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2022
Thanks OP. Light and darkness cannot be compared.

Fashola that did most of the work in Lagos is not even making noise.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ghettowriter(m): 12:33am On Aug 11, 2022
Nice one. Hope this is verified? Before these agbado urchins go come lament for here

8 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Lerio(m): 4:24am On Aug 11, 2022
Ddokie:

It appears a lot of people supporting BAT did not know him when he was governor of Lagos. Tinubu did nothing on Lagos infrastructure, absolutely nothing. Nothing.

All of a sudden, he is the best governor ever. How?

They say he increased the igr of Lagos. The question should be how did he do it? Did he create an environment for business to thrive? The answer is no. The man only spread the tax net in an already booming economy. That isn't genius for Christ's sake. It was opportunistic. And he did it mainly for selfish reasons. The military wasn't interested in taxing Nigerians. If not, Marwa would have done exactly what tinubu did.

BATists should cut the crap. It was fashola that really worked in lagos, then Ambo. Sanwo-eko is a full time employee of Tinubu. e no get single mouth.

Bless up bro

9 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by PenSniper: 4:59am On Aug 11, 2022
Bloody liars

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:36am On Aug 11, 2022
If this lie is bursted again they will quickly blame Tinubu for the bad side of the lie

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Despacito1: 5:39am On Aug 11, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
People are plying the road freely without tolls and no one has died.because of that. Lekki-Ajau express that is tolled today doesn't even have this quality.

Tinubu in his entire political career but as senator and govenror cannot boast of 100km roads combinely constructed or a single flyover and people want us to believe that he built Lagos
Peter Obi tried,although the road is not that long more than 5km, from Bridgehead go reach Army barracks roadabout. Had it been it was extended like this to Awka. Na massive achievement. Perhaps, I don't compare the amount of IGR and Fed allocation Tinubu received to that of Anambra under Peter Obi. What Lagos Receives in a year is what Anambra Receives in a month, combined with federal and internatonal infrastructural presence too as the virtue of formal Nigeria capital city. Anybody telling you Tinubu developed Lagos, as him what Lagos was before Tinubu? A whole Capital of NIGERIA then. Maybe when ABJ is stripped out of it capital status, one governor will come and claime the developmental and infrastructural glory.

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ImperialYoruba: 5:40am On Aug 11, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

And with all that Ibo buses are still dropping your people off at Ojota in their thousands, with one way ticket. Is there a reason?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by YorubaIsGreat(m): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2022
So we should vote the worthless akpu munching fool because of this nonsense abi, potopoto water ipob pigs dey drink in that part of naija don block their brans.... No wonder dem dey call those supporting the bastard as idiot

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Abdu81: 5:57am On Aug 11, 2022
Despacito1:
petet Obi tired,although the road is not that long more than 5km, from Bridgehead go reach Army barracks roadabout. Had it been it was extended like this to Awka. Na massive achievement. Perhaps, I don't compare the amount of IGR and Fed allocation Tinubu received to that of Anambra under Peter Obi. What Lagos Receives in a year is what Lagos Receives in a month, combined with federal and internatonal infrastructural presence too as the virtue of formal Nigeria capital city.

but it is a federal road.
Peter custructed the highest road network in Anambra state history.
Thousands of kilometers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Kelsmatuc(m): 5:58am On Aug 11, 2022
YorubaIsGreat:
So we should vote the worthless akpu munching fool because of this nonsense abi, potopoto water ipob pigs dey drink in that part of naija don block their brans.... No wonder dem dey call those supporting the bastard as idiot
it's baffles me how u guys even think shamelessly.....it was what u guys did in 2015 that brought dis evil on Nigerians....u guys won't learn.....always using d wrong side of ur brain to think....bring in another disaster come 2023....laslas e go reach everybody

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ozo13(m): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2022
ThrownBack:

Shame cannot catch the federal government, Peter Obi used state funds to do all those roads and they are not even thanking him in Abuja?
are u sure he was not later paid for this.am very sure if he didn't ask for it peter obi predecessor will definitely ask for refund.
It's normal thing to construct a federal road and ask for refund.

1 Like

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by CUMIN: 6:03am On Aug 11, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Always traveling to and from Lagos. Not Ondo or Benue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Richy4(m): 6:09am On Aug 11, 2022
I like that... Logically it means he doesn't care which road was federal or state or even local government... As long as the people were suffering and crying, he will just solve the problem...
I remembered how bad a certain federal road was while going to Futo those days to visit.. those governors just ignored it.. it was almost dividing into two during rainy season... I don't even know if that problem has been solved by now...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by ajekpaks(m): 6:19am On Aug 11, 2022
I remember Pre - Obi's Onitsha especially Head Bridge areas and Upper Iweka... you find yourself there at the wrong time and anything can happen... those days on the road whenever I make a stopover at Onitsha, I'm always in a hurry to leave except I absolutely have to stay.

But these days I find excuses to stay more than I'm supposed to... every looks tidy and safer. You're welcome to enjoy a plate of Akpu and steaming white soup or Rice and Ofe Awkwu.

and Hero Larger, very important...

Just Negodu

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:20am On Aug 11, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Can we have newspaper proof that PO built this road with Anambra’s money? Is that Onitsha-Asaba expressway?

I schooled at Anambra and our chancellor used to make us pray for Petr Obi back then grin, we were really proud of him when he ousted Ngige. We saw his victory in the courts as a product of our prayers. I was in the state during his administration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Faber(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2022
okeysoninv:

Had it been that road reached Awka it would have been one of the super highways in the country.

Similar to what you have from Imo gate, in Abia/Rivers boundary through Oyibo town to PortHarcourt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2022
ThrownBack:

Wow

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/obi-tasks-contractor-on-onitsha-head-bridge/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by Antivirus92(m): 6:43am On Aug 11, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

And with all that Ibo buses are still dropping your people off at Ojota in their thousands, with one way ticket. Is there a reason?
and those buses usually go back to onitsha empty?

9 Likes

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by princepeter566: 7:02am On Aug 11, 2022
Tinubu is a thief, a big thief for that matter. He's a scammer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by SmartPolician: 7:08am On Aug 11, 2022
I always say here that most of the projects people praise Lagos State government for on Nairaland are PPP projects. I can give a long list of examples. Some of those projects are even proposed by the companies that built them.

At the end of the day, Lagos State government takes credit for it because they partly funded it and provided the enabling environment.

Being the location of most companies' head offices, Lagos will always have the advantage. That's why the federal needs to make deliberate effort to decentralise the country so that all companies are not located on a small strip of land. Lagos is already unliveable due to overpopulation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Constructed By Peter Obi In Onitsha Without Toll Gate by techWriter3: 7:10am On Aug 11, 2022
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IGP Grants Ugwuanyi’s Request For More Personnel, Equipment / Sanwo-Olu Plans Over ₦‎2 Trillion 2024 Budget / 2nd Niger Bridge - Onitsha...........video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.