Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo (1156 Views)

Owo Attack: Women Summon God Of Iron & War To Get Justice For Worshippers / Igbariam: IPOB Accused Of Killing 19 Fulani People In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / MURIC SEEKS COMPENSATION FOR IGBO MUSLIM VICTIMS, TO REPORT WIKE TO ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by omoalaro: 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2022
Published By: Nimot Sulaimon

11th August, 2022

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has urged Governor Rotimi Akeredolu to compensate the Fulani residents of Ondo State for the losses they suffered in the reprisal attack which followed massacre of worshippers at a Owo Catholic Church.

MURIC said this in a statement issued by it director, Prof. Ishaq Akintola, on Thursday commending security agencies for the arrest of those behind the Owo church massacre, which claimed about 40 lives.

He noted that the Nigerian Army arrested suspected terrorists who attacked over 40 churchgoers at the St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, on Sunday, June 5.

But he added that it was interesting that none of the attackers was a Fulani man, contrary to the general belief that the attackers were Fulani people.

“However, it is interesting to discover that contrary to the gargantuan mountain of blame heaped on Fulani herders over the attack, none of those arrested was a Fulani man. Rather, they are all from Okene, Kogi State.

“For instance, Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu blamed the trilogy of Fulani, bandits and ISWAP. The U.S Institute, Knoxville News Sentinel, swallowed Akeredolu’s bait by accusing the Nigerian Government of shielding herdsmen involved in the attack on worshippers in Owo church.

“The International Centre for Investigative Reporting (ICIR) was not left out as it blamed Fulani terrorists and accused FG of shielding herdsmen by accusing ISWAP of the horrendous attack.

“Next came the Yoruba Alliance who said that President Muhammadu Buhari should be held responsible saying he invited Fulani terrorists from across Africa into Nigeria,” he said.

“Also the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) linked the attack to ‘Fulani terrorists. Even Nairaland’s online media came out with a screaming headline, ‘Fulani terrorists behind Owo Church attack Arrested’.

“But surprisingly, none of those arrested is a Fulani as announced and paraded by the army on Tuesday, Aug. 9.

“We recall the spontaneous attacks on Northerners and their property immediately after the church massacre, particularly in Ogwatoghose and Ikare areas of Ondo State. Now we can all see that the wrong and innocent people were attacked while the criminals got away.”

Akintola urged the Ondo State Government to compensate the victims of the reprisal attacks caused by the wrong accusation of the Fulani people for the attack.

“It behoves Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu to appease the Fulani victims of the reprisal attacks. Those who lost property should be compensated. Some form of relief should also be provided for families of those who were killed among them.

“MURIC appeals to Nigerians to be circumspect, to avoid jumping to conclusions and, most importantly, to stop ethnic profiling and hasty judgement. There are criminals in all tribes just as there are decent people everywhere. Tribes do not commit a crime. It is individuals who do.

“MURIC commends the security agencies for unmasking those behind the massacre. Their task was herculean, yet they did Nigeria proud by getting results within a reasonable time. They proved beyond any reasonable doubt that no arm of the security agencies is sleeping.

“We charge cynics to rekindle the fire of hope in Nigeria. We will get positive results if our attitude to our soldiers, the police and the Department of State Services (DSS) is positive. We can only reap what we sow. The security agencies need our cooperation because they are not magicians. They need information,” he said.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/08/11/owo-attack-muric-seeks-compensation-for-fulani-people-in-ondo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Qtrpst4: 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
Prime time news the purveyor of useless news coming from terror spokes men and owned by another drug baron cum terrorist by proxy

7 Likes

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by longetivity(m): 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2022
This man should just STFU!!!

The Fulani terrorists has done more harm than good, any false accusations against them that lead to the destruction of their properties should be taken like that, who is going to compensate the farmers for the loss the fulanis caused them while destroying,chasing and killing them on their farms?

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Viscuz: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2022
Thank you so much Muric

We love terrorist in SW

I will tell tinubu personally to arrange the compensation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by M4A1carbine: 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2022
Sophisticated Moooroooons..that claim to be accommodators. Just imagining how ODUDUWORM republic will be with Terrorist MURIC and their supporters incharge. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Tolexander: 11:54pm On Aug 11, 2022
But he added that it was interesting that none of the attackers was a Fulani man, contrary to the general belief that the attackers were Fulani people.
I thought he was going to continue with the speech by saying all of them are Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by OriOko88(m): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2022
We already know muric is a Fulani wanabe group. Their body language tilt towards d north than the west,that's why Muric has never speak good of Amotekun and other Yoruba agenda programs..

Mk I send him to his slave master,d fulanis,when they will compensate the Okeogun people of Oyo state for the atrocities committed on them. Eleriibu sombori

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Christistruth00: 2:27am On Aug 12, 2022
What of those murdered in Church by Islamic fanatics?

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Beremx(f): 2:46am On Aug 12, 2022
Whoever is bankrolling this Low budget Fulani man will be exposed soon.
Fulani wannabe terrorist

6 Likes

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by relaxandsmile: 2:58am On Aug 12, 2022
The governor of Ondo State said there was a mix up as one of the names published was a prisoner in Kuje prison as at the time the church was attacked. How are we sure the same mistakes was not done on the other names?
I am not in support of radicalism anywhere,but look how the government quickly gave the names and tribes of the attackers. But refused to publish known terrorism sponsors in the list that Dubai sent to us and how they are sanctioning Media houses for airing an investigation where terrorist confirmed their massacre of innocent people.
I have told the other minority tribes in the North that they are only needed for votes and nothing more.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/one-suspect-not-part-of-owo-attackers-akeredolu/%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwj52rq7mMD5AhWM6qQKHdiEBmMQ0PADKAB6BAgDEAE&usg=AOvVaw0thwF-4qvHtMSpIb6YZb7X
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Balkan(m): 3:49am On Aug 12, 2022
My mind is telling me that those names are names of condemned criminals from the prison. People they brought out from prison just to cover up the Fulanis.

No indigenous Nigerian can carry out that massacre.
What was their motive? is the question you should ask
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by ElSudani: 4:07am On Aug 12, 2022
Muric is crazy fringe organization. Just a few steps from becoming terrorists themselves.
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by BigIyanga: 4:12am On Aug 12, 2022
Balkan:
My mind is telling me that those names are names of condemned criminals from the prison. People they brought out from prison just to cover up the Fulanis.

No indigenous Nigerian can carry out that massacre.
What was their motive? is the question you should ask
Tankio!!
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by RighteousDemon: 4:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Topic should had been: "Compensate Fulani Terrorists For Mistaken Identifications"

This MURIC is a terrible terror
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by sweetonugbu: 4:57am On Aug 12, 2022
This muric dg have serious inferiority problem.
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Praxis758: 5:10am On Aug 12, 2022
I foresee a day when US government will designate MURIC as a terrorist organization.

Jihad is boiling in the blood of this Ishaq Akintola guy.
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Coolsperm: 6:07am On Aug 12, 2022
It shows that Yoruba Muslims pigs are terorists in waiting, is just a matter of time , most Yoruba Muslims are terorists minded fellows, expecting anything good from Yoruba Muslims is like expecting something good from APC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Truthisunique2: 6:28am On Aug 12, 2022
But those arrested where all Muslims so what's the difference between six and half a dozen

Does muric ask for compensation of non Muslims when they get attacked in the north because America killed Terrorists in middle East
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Truthisunique2: 6:32am On Aug 12, 2022
Some Foolish yorubas would keep saying muric is one man organization and supporting in silence

Muric concern isn't about its own Yoruba people attacked it's about the caliphate it is loyal to

Na so south west take welcome Terrorists and normalize it

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Truthisunique2: 6:34am On Aug 12, 2022
Even Nairaland’s online media came out with a screaming headline, ‘Fulani terrorists behind Owo Church attack Arrested’.

Seun it's very clear this forum is the one giving life to this Terrorists group

They have monikers here and I won't be surprised if the Muslim mod is one of them
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Kewtt: 6:40am On Aug 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Even Nairaland’s online media came out with a screaming headline, ‘Fulani terrorists behind Owo Church attack Arrested’.

Seun it's very clear this forum is the one giving life to this Terrorists group

They have monikers here and I won't be surprised if the Muslim mod is one of them
I'm mynding my biz
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by Igbodicool(m): 8:12am On Aug 12, 2022
Yes oooo...
Support!

When last did Yoruba paid their tribute to Fulani emirate?
They are taking Fulani lenience for granted.
Oduduwa behold your descendants!
Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by SHINJA: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2022
Yoruba Muslims sha...
A terrorist will always be a terrorist no matter the location..

No wonder Yoruba Muslims support shettima as VP..

If tinubu wins ,you will see the true colour of Yoruba muslims..

They are my brother's I know them, we speak the same language but they are snakes...

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest ..

One brothers

1 Like

Re: Owo Attack: MURIC Seeks Compensation For Fulani People In Ondo by omoalaro: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2022
A criminal is a criminal, whether fulani, yoruba, ebira igbo or Hausa. Do not criminalize a whole ethnic group because of a few.

(1) (Reply)

'Peter Obi Discusses Ideas And Solutions, Others Discuss Peter Obi' - Azzaman / I’m Not Interested In Calling Others Names, Atiku’s My Elder — Peter Obi / "Peter Obi's Character Is Suspicious" Nigerians Reacts On Facebook: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.