Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu (1030 Views)

Tinubu Appointed Many Igbos In Lagos , The Epic Reply / This Is Why Many Igbos Don't Support Biafra(photos) / How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 6:31am On Aug 14, 2022
The coming election is gradually becoming tribal if most of the comments on social media are anything to go by.
The yorubas in their cosmopolitan attitude are divided in terms of candidates to vote for, largely between Tinubu and Obi.

Many of them state several reasons why they will rather vote for Obi than Tinubu - reasons such as: Tinubu is old, Tinubu is corrupt, Tinubu is sick, Tinubu is greedy, Tinubu picked a Muslim as running mate.....Obi is younger, Obi balanced the religious ticket, Obi is less corrupt,....

Many yorubas openly reject their own son in favour of Obi in their characteristic sense of reason. I see many of them everyday working even offline for Obi and they are ready to close their eyes to Obi's many shortcomings too.

Question is, How many Igbos do you know doing this in favour of Tinubu, a yorubaman who I know many Igbos and other non yorubas have benefited from immensely in the past when he was governor of Lagos, and even now that he is out of office?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 14, 2022
Tinubu should be smart and tell Nigerians his plans sell urself yes the presents government is bad but you need to sell urself to the nation at large grant interviews talkshows answer questions let the people know ur coming with a different fresh Air undecided Igbos no dey support bad thing go and check from time

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 6:39am On Aug 14, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
Tinubu should be smart and tell Nigerians his plans sell urself yes the presents government is bad but you need to sell urself to the nation at large grant interviews talkshows answer questions let the people know ur coming with a different fresh Air undecided Igbos no dey support bad thing go and check from time
So you mean all igbos think the same way.

But there is a saying that when everybody is thinking the same way then nobody is thinking.

Is it that there's no good thing you think Tinubu can do for Nigeria?

14 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by mrvitalis(m): 6:39am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
The coming election is gradually becoming tribal if most of the comments on social media are anything to go by.
The yorubas in their cosmopolitan attitude are divided in terms of candidates to vote for, largely between Tinubu and Obi.

Many of them state several reasons why they will rather vote for Obi than Tinubu - reasons such as: Tinubu is old, Tinubu is corrupt, Tinubu is sick, Tinubu is greedy, Tinubu picked a Muslim as running mate.....Obi is younger, Obi balanced the religious ticket, Obi is less corrupt,....

Many yorubas openly reject their own son in favour of Obi in their characteristic sense of reason. I see many of them everyday working even offline for Obi and they are ready to close their eyes to Obi's many shortcomings too.

Question is, How many Igbos do you know doing this in favour of Tinubu, a yorubaman who I know many Igbos and other non yorubas have benefited from immensely in the past when he was governor of Lagos, and even now that he is out of office?
How many Igbos voted abiola ? Over 40% even when his opponent had Igbo vice

How many Igbos voted OBJ ? Even against ojukwu

Today the best candidate is Igbo and we are backing him and you call it tribal ?

Name an Igbo man that has gotten 5% votes in south west

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
So you mean all igbos think the same way.

But there is a saying that when everybody is thinking the same way then nobody is thinking.

Is it that there's no good thing you think Tinubu can do for Nigeria?
some people are supporting Tinubu oh! In east igbos

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 6:58am On Aug 14, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
some people are supporting Tinubu oh! In east igbos
Yes, that's good. I just mean it should not be a tribal thing. I am not even a supporter of Tinubu but I am amazed and turned off when I hear of people saying Tinubu is not welcome to even campaign in the east. Kilode?

18 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
Yes, that's good. I just mean it should not be a tribal thing. I am not even a supporter of Tinubu but I am amazed and turned off when I hear of people saying Tinubu is not welcome to even campaign in the east. Kilode?
Tinubu has never recognized East and south south why ??

5 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by EndsarsReloaded: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2022
Senseless thread from a BATstard!
Why would any sane Nigerian, Igbos inclusive vote for a very corrupt old man who is now suffering from Parkinson disease?

Even sane Yorubas are against Tinubu, and only the uneducated bigot ones or those being paid are the ones still supporting Tinubu.

Let me ask you, agbado youth, would you ask your 87 year old grandfather to come and manage your entire business and assets, even when you know he is physically and mentally sick??!

6 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:
Senseless thread from a BATstard!
Why would any sane Nigerian, Igbos inclusive vote for a very corrupt old man who is now suffering from Parkinson disease?

Even sane Yorubas are against Tinubu, and only the uneducated bigot ones or those being paid are the ones still supporting Tinubu.

Let me ask you, agbado youth, would you ask your 87 year old grandfather to come and manage your entire business and assets, even when you know he is physically and mentally sick??!
So in a sense, all igbos think the same way. wink

12 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Joey4321: 7:08am On Aug 14, 2022
Only a fool still thinks tribalism is the bedrock of the next election.

And a big fool at that

6 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by EndsarsReloaded: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2022
You brought rotten tomatoes to the market and yet wondering why everyone is going to your neighbor that is selling fresh tomato Jos?

Why didn't you bring Osinbajo that is still mentally and physically fit but no, you bounced him, called him Judas for exercising his rights only to bring a dead man walking?!

You think real Yoruba Omoluabis are fools??!

You think Nigerians are fools??!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Bethel4Life(f): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2022
OP is a BATsard,

Chimaroke and Igbokwe are Fulani's

6 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Reasonable4me: 7:10am On Aug 14, 2022
So the election is supposed to be exchange of votes from regions? Is that what you think? Tinubu should have Igbo supporters since Obi has Yoruba supporters?

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Karlovych: 7:10am On Aug 14, 2022
embarassed The Oluwole APC youth leader/ Beeshop that is based in Abuja will definitely vote for the cocaine baron, spits.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 14, 2022
Bonesbreaker:

When I read this sort of argument I just shake my head because it is obvious you Igbos are adept at giving a dog a bad name.to hang it.

Lagos is the best and most developed State in Nigeria , by far, courtesy of Tinubu.

You Igbos, in your many millions, are direct beneficiaries of this reality related to the exemplary good governance of Tinubu in Lagos.

This is in stark contrast to Obi's ruination of Anambra that continues to see indigenes of the State flock to Lagos daily in thousands.

How then can your argument be sincere when you Igbos demand a proven success like Tinubu , you have directly benefitted from, must 'sell himself to you whereas you are all automatically 'Obidient' for a failure who is responsible for many Anambra folks going to seek better lives in the SW?

Your Mefor-style Taqiyaah is not fooling anyone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Laggafin: 7:12am On Aug 14, 2022
This agbado ethnic bants won't sail.. its dead and buried before it started.. you guys should be more creative and stop displaying crass ignorance of stone age.. Igbos are. Very detribalised..they voted Obasanjo.. a Yoruba Man .. ThEY Also repeated same with Abiola ..another yoruba man without let or hindrance even against their own.. they won't vote a pee poo drug baron whose hands and legs is shaking to pilot the affairs of a broken and raped country done by a herder from daura who they vehemently opposed and rightly predicted will be a disaster.. A word is enough for the Wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Okoroawusa: 7:13am On Aug 14, 2022
I am Igbo and I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I wish I could add you to my WhatsApp group of progressive Igbos who are campaigning and rooting for Tinubu. We are in thousands.

Don't let the noise fool you.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2022
Joey4321:
Only a fool still thinks tribalism is the bedrock of the next election.

And a big fool at that
That's what some people are making it out to be. There are also yorubas who are not even looking at the good side of Obi, all because he is igbo. There are also videos of Obi's supporters vowing to attack anyone that's against Obi. What's wrong with us?

5 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2022
Okoroawusa:
I am Igbo and I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I wish I could add you to my WhatsApp group of progressive Igbos who are campaigning and rooting for Tinubu. We are in thousands.

Don't let the noise fool you.
Good. It should not be tribal.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2022
candidtalk:

When I read this sort of argument I just shake my head because it is obvious you Igbos are adept at giving a dog a bad name.to hang it.

Lagos is the best and most developed State in Nigeria , by far, courtesy of Tinubu. You Igbos, in your many millions, are firect beneficiaries if this reality in contrast to Obi's ruination of Anambra that continues to see indigenes of the State flock to Lagos daily.

How then can you argument be sincere when you demand a proven success like Tinubu must 'sell himself to you whereas you are all automatically 'Obidient' for a failure.

Your Mefor-style Taqiyaah is not fooling anyone.
i don't like arguing with senseless people so have ur stage and avoid me u can do Photoshop stuff please don't mention me again
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:20am On Aug 14, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7280296/ladipo-alaba-markets-should-burnt
This is what I'm saying. Obi's supporters need to tone it down.

14 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:

typical tribalism, even if all yoruba vote for Tinubu, he will still not be the president of this great nation. Stop wasting your time.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
https://www.nairaland.com/7280296/ladipo-alaba-markets-should-burnt

This is what I'm saying. Obi's supporters need to tone it down.
else they will burn the market ? I dare anyone to bomb the market. A very big dare. Don't hide and burn it oh, come out openly and burn it. Let's take lagos to the period grass covered everywhere.
Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
else they will burn the market ? I dare anyone to bomb the market. A very big dare. Don't hide and burn it oh, come out openly and burn it. Let's take lagos to the period grass covered everywhere.
For how long are we going to continue this way? You are not talking about the ones who threatened to burn Femi's shrine all in the name of ethnic politics.

12 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obyrich(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:

You stated the reasons sensible yorubas are rooting for Peter Obi. It Is the same reason Igbos are voting him. For you who only vote along tribal line, pray tell, when was the last time the Federal Government credited your account simply because you are a yoruba man?

Is there any facility or social amenity in Tinubu Lagos exclusively reserved for yorubas? Is there special ticket on the BRT for Yorubas?

Are yoruba students not at home same way Igbos, Huasas, Fulanis, kanuris, Idoma, Igalas, Ibibios, Itsekiris, Ikwerres, Efiks etc due to the prolonged ASUU strike?

Was it not a Yoruba guy we watched the other rolling on the floor in Canada in jubilation for escaping from this Buhari's Nigeria? Obviously, he voted APC because of Osibanjo.

Truth is next Government will be very tough to run. We need smart and agile people who will lead us through the storm.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2022
Read the story of this boy. http://www.growingupmag.org/alexander-ezenagu-excelling-beyond-being-one-day-governor/

From a single room in Oshodi to the world. I heard he is even the Nigerian who married vice president of Kenya's daughter.

Very brilliant boy. You can see the role Lagos and the Tinubus played in his rise. You can accuse that old man of all kinds of bad things but not tribalism. It won't stick. This is for those threatening to burn Lagos up.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
i don't like arguing with senseless people so have ur stage and avoid me u can do Photoshop stuff please don't mention me again

Look at this crybaby. For saying the above I will now target you for the sake of specifically teaching you a lesson which is that don't throw blows if you can't take blows.

Also, stay away from blogging sites and social media.if you are a thin-skinned weakling.

You said and I quote "Igbos no dey support bad thing".
How dare you ingrate Igbos, the biggest Nigerian non-Yoruba beneficiaries of Tinubu's excellence as a leader, now term him a "bad thing" just because you are clannishly devoted to supporting Obi?

As a Yoruba, I will commend you for what is obviously ethnocentric hatred of my fellow Yoruba, and clannish/blind love and followership of your own, you think you can disguise as something else?

Tell us how Tinubu alone is now a "bad thing" to you Igbos or get lost.

12 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2022
obyrich:
You stated the reasons sensible yorubas are rooting for Peter Obi. It Is the same reason Igbos are voting him. For you who only vote along tribal line, pray tell, when was the last time the Federal Government credited your account simply because you are a yoruba man?

Is there any facility or social amenity in Tinubu Lagos exclusively reserved for yorubas? Is there special ticket on the BRT for Yorubas?

Are yoruba students not at home same way Igbos, Huasas, Fulanis, kanuris, Idoma, Igalas, Ibibios, Itsekiris, Ikwerres, Efiks etc due to the prolonged ASUU strike?

Was it not a Yoruba guy we watched the other rolling on the floor in Canada in jubilation for escaping from this Buhari's Nigeria? Obviously, he voted APC because of Osibanjo.

Truth is next Government will be very tough to run. We need smart and agile people who will lead us through the storm.
This is exactly how it should be. Nobody credits your account due to your tribe like you said. But there are so many people just against Tinubu because he is Yoruba. They see him as the Yoruba candidate.

10 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
For how long are we going to continue this way? You are not talking about the ones who threatened to burn Femi's shrine all in the name of ethnic politics.
how do we know they are igbos or obidients ? In a nation with fake bishops ? Gake social media accounts for mischief ? . Femi dared them, the fools who said that should go and try it first let's see if they can accomplish burning the shrine. People spew what they can't do on social media and people take it as fact. Are all obidients igbos ? Why can't you yoruba people.get educated for God sake. Nasarrawa and calabar had massive rallies are they igbos ? Are they not obidients ? What has alaba market and other igbo dominated markets have to do with obidents campaign. Do you assume that there are no yoruba or other tribes trading in those markets?

How dare someone threaten to burn our markets of billions of dollars in capitalization, I repeat nobody born of a woman on mother earth will try that and live with no commensurate consequences. Believe you me, the lands will become desolate after such happens even if it takes a 1000 years.

Nigeria currently sits on a time bomb, if any tribe assumes they will start the timer of that bomb, the other tribe will finish it. This is a heads up. Those with coconut heads can go and burn it. If dem born all their mama and papa well.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
This is exactly how it should be. Nobody credits your account due to your tribe like you said. But there are so many people just against Tinubu because he is Yoruba. They see him as the Yoruba candidate.
everyone against tinubu isn't because of his tribe sir. It is because he is buhari version 2. With what we have all gone through in the hands of buhari, we don't want a repeat. Atiku is even strong even though old, yet nobody hates him in the same way. Tribe has nothing to do with why we rejected tinubu.

If osinbanjo or adesina were on apc ballot, do you think the obident movement will be this strong ? Absolutely not.

1 Like

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by obaaderemi: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
how do we know they are igbos or obidients ? In a nation with fake bishops ? Gake social media accounts for mischief ? . Femi dared them, the fools who said that should go and try it first let's see if they can accomplish burning the shrine. People spew what they can't do on social media and people take it as fact. Are all obidients igbos ? Why can't you yoruba people.get educated for God sake. Nasarrawa and calabar had massive rallies are they igbos ? Are they not obidients ? What has alaba market and other igbo dominated markets have to do with obidents campaign. Do you assume that there are no yoruba or other tribes trading in those markets?

How dare someone threaten to burn our markets of billions of dollars in capitalization, I repeat nobody born of a woman on mother earth will try that and live with no commensurate consequences. Believe you me, the lands will become desolate after such happens even if it takes a 1000 years.

Nigeria currently sits on a time bomb, if any tribe assumes they will start the timer of that bomb, the other tribe will finish it. This is a heads up. Those with coconut heads can go and burn it. If dem born all their mama and papa well.
We all just should take it easy. Tribalism shouldn't divide us. The northerners who stand to gain the most from our division down south are not even saying anything now. We should embrace peace.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Igbos Do You Know Who Are Ready To Vote For Tinubu by hedonido: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2022
obaaderemi:

Some of you can be very idiotic and annoying. Many Igbos "benefitted" from your thiefnumbu how exactly? So if he appointed one or two efulefu like Joe Igbokwe or that albino Ben Akabueze who are feathering their own individual nests, how does it mean that Igbos 'benefitted' from one clumsy old bastard? Did he allocate free land to Igbos or grant them tax waivers or what exactly?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Who Do You Think Is The Most Underrated Candidate / JUST IN: Youths Set APC Brooms Ablaze In Kano (Video + Sai Mun Bata Wuta) / For Those who Don't Understand Tokunbo Awolowo's Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.