Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday (2367 Views)

ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / Fg Threatens To Invoke ‘no Work, No Pay’ Law, With Ssanu, Nasu, Naat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by vindisick: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Yes, either way students can't recover lost time.
I initially doubted the rumored 100% increment in salary though, cos other underpaid unions like NMA are watching keenly. It's left for ASUU to decide if the reported 30% is reasonable enough from their own perspective.
ASUU said FG brought a take it or leave it offer and indirectly passed a message that the longer you stay at home, the more salary you lose.
I think ASUU should just take the 30% increment and FG should pay them the backlog of their salaries, but Adamu said the order not to pay them is from Buhari (a renowned stubborn man and dictator)
I read that ASUU are still doing consultations on their next line of action.
With what you just wrote here, Hmmm!!! I don't see ASUU calling off this Strike anytime
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by HELLASJ(m): 1:01am On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
Sorry Bros, when I was in school, we always say "your academic tenure plus one", that was some 25 years ago during the era of Gen. Sani Abacha grin
E no go better for them grin grin
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Niklaus398: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
But, there is one thing that is confusing me embarassed
Is it that the other unions that agreed to FG proposals also agreed to forfeit 3 to 4 months salaries?
I don't know about that. But maybe they agreed to forfeit that.

I want to know something, what good is the Ssanu, Naat and the rest? Why is it that if they're on strike students aren't really interested or overly affected unlike ASUU?.

Shouldn't Ssanu be part of ASUU?
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by sinkhole: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Niklaus398:

I want to know something, what good is the Ssanu, Naat and the rest? Why is it that if they're on strike students aren't really interested or overly affected unlike ASUU?.

SSANU can not be part of ASUU, because Bursars and Registrars are part of SSANU and those are not academic positions at all, but perhaps, some of them could be part of ASUU, e.g., University Librarian and VC.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Niklaus398: 10:26am On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
SSANU can not be part of ASUU, because Bursars and Registrars are part of SSANU and those are not academic positions at all, but perhaps, some of them could be part of ASUU, e.g., University Librarian and VC.
Oh ok thanks for the explanation.

It seems they might suspend it not end it.

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Privatepart00: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
Niklaus398:

NAAT comprises of technologists that overseas practical courses . ASUU can’t conduct practicals in various universities because they do not what to do . They are more of theoretical work . Lecturers teach the theory while technologists demonstrates the practical aspect for students to understand better.

NASU comprises junior staff and other non academic staffs , without them no light, no water in campus , lecture venues, hostel , offices will be locked . When NASU shakes in their respective university you will understand how far .

All four unions NAAT, ASUU, NASU , SSANU must work together for any university to function properly.
Those salary will be paid , FG can prolong it to 9months if they like . Their business
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Niklaus398: 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
Privatepart00:

NAAT comprises of technologists that overseas practical courses . ASUU can’t conduct practicals in various universities because they do not what to do . They are more of theoretical work . Lecturers teach the theory while technologists demonstrates the practical aspect for students to understand better.

NASU comprises junior staff and other non academic staffs , without them no light, no water in campus , lecture venues, hostel , offices will be locked . When NASU shakes in their respective university you will understand how far .

All four unions NAAT, ASUU, NASU , SSANU must work together for any university to function properly.
Those salary will be paid , FG can prolong it to 9months if they like . Their business
Hmmm wow. I understand now. But I feel ASUU should have pity call off their strike for students sake. Forgo like 2 months salary.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Privatepart00: 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Niklaus398:
Hmmm wow. I understand now. But I feel ASUU should have pity call off their strike for students sake. Forgo like 2 months salary.

When a union goes for industrial action (strike) FG ought to pay them for 3 months starting from the day it commenced then if on the 4th month they haven’t suspended or worked partially, “no work , no pay policy” will be introduced. FG chaired by Minister of Labour stopped the salary without following due process.

Federal institute of Science and technology is on strike since last year which PRODA falls under but their staffs get paid every 25th of the month without working. Till date they are still getting paid .

They should withdraw salary money from the bank it was placed on fixed deposits and pay staffs . The main strike will start if salary of 6months isn’t paid. Other unions ain’t forfeiting their salary , incase you think they forfeited it.

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Niklaus398: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Privatepart00:

When a union goes for industrial action (strike) FG ought to pay them for 3 months starting from the day it commenced then if on the 4th month they haven’t suspended or worked partially, “no work , no pay policy” will be introduced. FG chaired by Minister of Labour stopped the salary without following due process.

Federal institute of Science and technology is on strike since last year which PRODA falls under but their staffs get paid every 25th of the month without working. Till date they are still getting paid .

They should withdraw salary money from the bank it was placed on fixed deposits and pay staffs . The main strike will start if salary of 6months isn’t paid. Other unions ain’t forfeiting their salary , incase you think they forfeited it.
hmmm wow then the govt should hear them
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by sinkhole: 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2022
SSANU has suspended their strike for two months (60days), they will be resuming work on Monday (21st of August, 2022)!
NAAT and NASU are still consulting.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by LordIsaac(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
SSANU has suspended their strike for two months (60days), they will be resuming work on Monday (21st of August, 2022)!
Please, will ASUU emulate them?
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by sinkhole: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
LordIsaac:

Please, will ASUU emulate them?
Emulate ke cheesy
From what I learnt, ASUU have been having their branch congresses, some will even hold tomorrow, Saturday, but it is just to brief their members about the ridiculous offer from the FG!
I think they said FG offered to increase their salaries by only 18% and most of the other demands are not met by FG, they were told to wait till 2023 for the implementation of the one they met!
Infact, it is like the ASUU strike just began embarassed embarassed
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by LordIsaac(m): 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
Emulate ke cheesy
From what I learnt, ASUU have been having their branch congresses, some will even hold tomorrow, Saturday, but it is just to brief their members about the ridiculous offer from the FG!
I think they said FG offered to increase their salaries by only 18% and most of the other demands are not met by FG, they were told to wait till 2023 for the implementation of the one they met!
I wonder why ASUU had to wait until about a year to the end of this administration, one that has nothing else to fear, before going on this strike. They should have waited till the next administration comes on board.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Jman06(m): 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
Emulate ke cheesy
ASUU should emulate SSANU and suspend the strike now!

An elder who decides to fight with a child, should expect to have himself soaked in the mud.

A dog who fails to heed his master's whistles is bound to get lost in the bush

Excessive pride comes before a fall.

A great ridicule awaits ASUU NEC when her members would begin to revolt against them in the coming weeks. Not every lecturer is happy with this current strike!

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by sinkhole: 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jman06:

An elder who decides to fight with a child, should expect to have himself soaked in the mud.

A great ridicule awaits ASUU NEC when her members would begin to revolt against them in the coming weeks. Not every lecturer is happy with this current strike!

Well, from what I heard from one of the branch meetings o, this strike may last till next year unless there is a miracle embarassed embarassed
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by sinkhole: 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
LordIsaac:

I wonder why ASUU had to wait until about a year to the end of this administration, one that has nothing else to fear, before going on this strike. They should have waited till the next administration comes on board.
But that is part of my confusion, APC is behaving like they do not want to win the coming election, perhaps, they believe in the power of rigging embarassed
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Jman06(m): 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2022
sinkhole:
Well, from what I heard from one of the branch meetings o, this strike may last till next year unless there is a miracle embarassed embarassed
Let them continue then. I'm sure that ridicule awaits them if they don't want to be wise now.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Secondly: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
Jman06:

So many junior lecturers are already tired of the prolonged ASUU strike.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT and FG’s Negotiation Committee to Meet on Friday by Jman06(m): 12:00am On Aug 20, 2022
Secondly:

So many junior lecturers are already tired of the prolonged ASUU strike.
Exactly! The honourable thing for ASUU to do now is suspend the strike but deploy their means to strategize in the coming government so as to get better deals.

But where you expect them to prove their intelligence, they fail woefully. They can consult me to teach them how best to engage the incoming government even without going on strikes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baji 999 Bookmaker: Your Ultimate Guide To Online Betting / 2011/2012 Jamb / My Boyfriend Encouraged, Inspired And Assisted Me, Says UNILORIN Best Anatomy Gr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.