Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,423 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 (3458 Views)

Ex-ASUU President, Dipo Fasina Is Missing / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by HaryaorGirl(f): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
It is now obvious that ASUU president is happy with keeping his members off work.

And we the students at home.

We've seen ASUU slightly shift grounds the past few weeks of no meeting with FG!

They've stopped clamouring for UTAS, and for better working conditions, ridiculous increase of salary (Where in the world will someone in his right mind be asking for over 100% of salary increase?)

That aside, FG are set to use their as usual delay tactics to tackle ASUU and hopefully get to hear them be reasonable for once (Since the past 5 months; to me they've been unreasonable to the core)

ASUU are meeting FG on Wednesday and here's what their president has to say...

"The issue of IPPIS and UTAS has been put to rest. If the government agrees with us tomorrow, everything will be resolved". - ASUU President, Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke on Politics Today (Channels TV).

With that been said, ASUU and his members do not wish us well. And for that reason it shall never be well with them!

Because I don't understand why they keep priotizing this payment platform if they really don't have something up their sleeves!

I have been at home for 5 months because of a payment platform you designed yourself...

Let's be realistic here

If ASUU approve UTAS make I bend? (That's if FG even plans on doing anything before they leave)

#EndAsuu

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by jacobs2015: 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2022
It's like the OP is a paid agent to ridicule the course of ASUU.

Are you not in this country when ASUU would negotiate with FG and resume work, only for the FG to put them on free mode after resumption. ASUU would shout and shout, nobody would say anything until it results to an industrial action.

If ASUU requests for even more than 100% payrise, it's worth it. This is what the accursed and compromised NLC should have done for other civil servants in this country but failed to do.

Commodity price is inflated over 300%, yet no payrise of workers and billions of naira keep finding its way in some people's pocket seeing this country as their personal business.

Kudos to ASUU. We all die here

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by HaryaorGirl(f): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
jacobs2015:

Are you not in this country when ASUU would negotiate with FG and resume work, only for the FG to put them on free mode after resumption. ASUU would shout and shout, nobody would say anything until it results to an industrial action.

If ASUU requests for even more than 100% payrise, it's worth it. This is what the accursed and compromised NLC should have done for other civil servants in this country but failed to do.

Commodity price is inflated over 300%, yet no payrise of workers and billions of naira keep finding its way in some people's pocket seeing this country as their personal business.

Let me start from where you said ASUU will shout and shout, and nobody will say anything!

Do you realize the rigorous process of making laws, passing bills and other jargons they do in the government house? It takes time!

It takes time for the government to modify changes to a current sector and implement it.

ASUU does not have patience. Before we open eyes and close it, they have declared another strike (That is one reason why I can ASUU has not received other benefits that they deserve)

For example, you are fighting for 50k increase in salary, and before the government implements that, you people will declare another strike.

Now they will have to beg them to resume again, and make a different agreement that will take time to implement, and the circle continues.

It takes common sense to see these things...

A notable example was the ENDSARS protest, one of the key message of that protest was for government to increase the police salary, in other to reduce their rate of misbehaving.

FG agreed to increase their salary, and did not implement that plan until after 2 years if I guess correctly.

Now if it was impatient ASUU, they will have declared strike asking why they have not been given their entitlement.

Talking about this thing just dey vex me Abeg

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by HaryaorGirl(f): 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
jacobs2015:

Second of all, I am not a paid agent.

I am a Unilag student in the department of *******

I am only angry at ASUU for keeping us at home for months because of UTAS.

WHENEVER ASUU PRESIDENT MAKES A STATEMENT; HE MUST ALWAYS MAKE EMPHASIS ON UTAS.

It's almost as if UTAS is No.1

How will an employer be dictating how theg want to be paid to their employee?

Lastly, ASUU deserves 100% increase. Nobody will not say they are not trying.

Some lecturers resume work as early as 7am while, some have sleepless nights while trying to prepare theirselves for the day ahead.

I have personally seen some lecturers who take their time to study and prepare for lectures (I did not say all ooooooooo; we also have the lazy one's)

Make ASUU shift ground small, and let us resume.

We are tired!

FG sef no serious.

It's as if ASUU are using us as hostages, while FG are been careless with the whole thing.

Do you know how this strike is affecting us psychologically and mentally?

Do you even care?

All you care about is NO UTAS! NO RESUMPTION

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Kwara1stson: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
You be mumu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by HaryaorGirl(f): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2022
Kwara1stson:
You be mumu

Do you mean the man below me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Dvdpity: 12:21am On Aug 16, 2022
HaryaorGirl:

Nigerians are no more stupid. But you can continue in your foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by HaryaorGirl(f): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2022
Dvdpity:

Nigerians are no more stupid. But you can continue in your foolishness.

Dictating how you want to be paid is more wise

Wise enough to keep students at home for 5 months without caring?

Nobody is approving UTAS! If you don't like IPPIS, resign ABEG! And stop messing with our life's

No be do or die affair

#EndASUU

It won't be well with FG if they pay ASUU for all the months they are using to enjoy this endless vacation at home. (This is what has been promoting more strike over time)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 16, 2022
HaryaorGirl:

WHENEVER ASUU PRESIDENT MAKES A STATEMENT; HE MUST ALWAYS MAKE EMPHASIS ON UTAS.

Some lecturers resume work as early as 7am while, some have sleepless nights while trying to prepare theirselves for the day ahead.

I have personally seen some lecturers who take their time to study and prepare for lectures (I did not say all ooooooooo; we also have the lazy one's)

We are tired!

FG sef no serious.

It's as if ASUU are using us as hostages, while FG are been careless with the whole thing.

Do you even care?

Babe... Leave matter for Matthias!

2 years strike is the goal if govt no approve UTAS. (No capping)

ASUU be behaving like who smoke weed sometimes

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 16, 2022
HaryaorGirl:

Him face be like wetin Dem use expired cement mould.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 4:51am On Aug 16, 2022
HaryaorGirl:

We are tired!

FG sef no serious.

Do you even care?

You aren't a unilag student aunty, stop capping. Unilag students are some of the few students that understand why this strike is happening. If e sure you drop your department and name let's verify.

Anybody can come on social media to talk all in the name of trending. ASUU should resume so that you can come back to school and graduate, but they shouldn't be treated well or paid what they deserve because you want to come back and be eating spag and turkey, seeing boys and doing nonsense (that's if you are a student of unilag truly sef).

6 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Xj2020: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2022
Don't mind the idiot
Auskyd:

You aren't a unilag student aunty, stop capping. Unilag students are some of the few students that understand why this strike is happening. If e sure you drop your department and name let's verify.

Anybody can come on social media to talk all in the name of trending. ASUU should resume so that you can come back to school and graduate, but they shouldn't be treated well or paid what they deserve because you want to come back and be eating spag and turkey, seeing boys and doing nonsense (that's if you are a student of unilag truly sef).

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Firefox01: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Lol, I'm a Unilag student and I'm absolutely with this lady on it. What do you mean by understand? Bleep ASUU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2022
Firefox01:
Lol, I'm a Unilag student and I'm absolutely with this lady on it. What do you mean by understand? Bleep ASUU

Of which department? Just dey lie lie upandan. So ASUU should not fight for what's right because you sef wan come back to chop spag and turkey with useless CGPA abi lmao.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by WhizdomXX(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2022
HaryaorGirl:
It is now obvious that ASUU president is happy with keeping his members off work.

And we the students at home.

We've seen ASUU slightly shift grounds the past few weeks of no meeting with FG!

They've stopped clamouring for UTAS, and for better working conditions, ridiculous increase of salary (Where in the world will someone in his right mind be asking for over 100% of salary increase?)

That aside, FG are set to use their as usual delay tactics to tackle ASUU and hopefully get to hear them be reasonable for once (Since the past 5 months; to me they've been unreasonable to the core)

ASUU are meeting FG on Wednesday and here's what their president has to say...

"The issue of IPPIS and UTAS has been put to rest. If the government agrees with us tomorrow, everything will be resolved". - ASUU President, Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke on Politics Today (Channels TV).

With that been said, ASUU and his members do not wish us well. And for that reason it shall never be well with them!

Because I don't understand why they keep priotizing this payment platform if they really don't have something up their sleeves!

I have been at home for 5 months because of a payment platform you designed yourself...

Let's be realistic here

If ASUU approve UTAS make I bend? (That's if FG even plans on doing anything before they leave)

#EndAsuu
6 months; Feb 14th-August 16+h.
Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Firefox01: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Of which department? Just dey lie lie upandan. So ASUU should not fight for what's right because you sef wan come back to chop spag and turkey with useless CGPA abi lmao.
Mass communication department. Looks like you're insane. In your mind, you're the only legitimate Unilag student on Nairaland? I'm a final year student and unlike you, this strike is affecting us the most. I can't wait to be done and move on with the next chapter of my life. If you're comfortable being stagnant, more power to your elbow. When school resumes once again, implore your departmental lecturers to not teach and take their time. Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2022
Firefox01:
Mass communication department. Looks like you're insane. In your mind, you're the only legitimate Unilag student on Nairaland? I'm a final year student and unlike you, this strike is affecting us the most. I can't wait to be done and move on with the next chapter of my life. If you're comfortable being stagnant, more power to your elbow. When school resumes once again, implore your departmental lecturers to not teach and take their time. Nonsense.

You too lie abegg. Legitimate nonsense. What's the name of your HoD? UNILAG student no dey get time come nairaland. Stop the liesssss. grin.

Maybe it's Mapoly sha. Can't be UNILAG.

Mass comm student wey dey play bet9ja grin.

Oniro oshi

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Firefox01: 10:46am On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

You too lie abegg. Legitimate nonsense. What's the name of your HoD? UNILAG student no dey get time come nairaland. Stop the liesssss. grin.

Lol, Prof Tejumaiye. Go and verify. Unlike Peter Obi, you won't find discrepancies when you verify. Is your logic not allergic to common sense? You claim to be a Unilag student and you're on Nairaland? Not only are you the only legitimate Unilag student on Nairaland, you're the only Unilag student with time to come to Nairaland. Are you mad or something? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by 9gerian: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2022
I share your exact sentiments. Hopefully, the standoff ends this month- hopefully!

HaryaorGirl:

We are tired!

FG sef no serious.

Do you even care?

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by SATANlSTMINION: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2022
HaryaorGirl:

We are tired!

FG sef no serious.

Do you even care?

you're a student of university of Benin, studying public administration.
Should i expose your full name on this forum?
Better be careful before you put yourself into trouble.
Be like school no sweet you again

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
Firefox01:
Lol, Prof Tejumaiye. Go and verify. Unlike Peter Obi, you won't find discrepancies when you verify. Is your logic not allergic to common sense? You claim to be a Unilag student and you're on Nairaland? Not only are you the only legitimate Unilag student on Nairaland, you're the only Unilag student with time to come to Nairaland. Are you mad or something? undecided

Quote anywhere you saw me call myself a student of Unilag. Ode. If no be ment dey worry you. Me and you, who dey mad now? Name of HoD you can Google? Rest abeg. All na cap

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Firefox01: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Quote anywhere you saw me call myself a student of Unilag. Ode. If no be ment dey worry you. Me and you, who dey mad now? Name of HoD you can Google? Rest abeg. All na cap
So you're a Mapoly student arguing with a Unilag student. What a shame. I'm a Unilag student and we are not with ASUU on this. We also happen to be on Nairaland and we have the time to talk as well. If you don't like it, hit your head on the wall. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
Firefox01:
So you're a Mapoly student arguing with a Unilag student. What a shame. I'm a Unilag student and we are not with ASUU on this. We also happen to be on Nairaland and we have the time to talk as well. If you don't like it, hit your head on the wall. grin

Ok wait, real quick, no insults anymore. No vex.

So you think it is nice that your lecturers are unable to buy cars with their salaries, don't get reviews of salaries for more than 10 years, and are virtually living in penury? So you want them to continue just so you can come back, graduate, live a better life while they can't pursue a comfortable one?

I refuse to believe that. I don't think your lecturers are that wicked to deserve that kind of punishment.

Well, except it doesn't concern you and all you want is your degree. If so, no worry. It will touch everybody.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Firefox01: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Ok wait, real quick, no insults anymore. No vex.

So you think it is nice that your lecturers are unable to buy cars with their salaries, don't get reviews of salaries for more than 10 years, and are virtually living in penury? So you want them to continue just so you can come back, graduate, live a better life while they can't pursue a comfortable one?

I refuse to believe that. I don't think your lecturers are that wicked to deserve that kind of punishment.

Well, except it doesn't concern you and all you want is your degree. If so, no worry. It will touch everybody.
Lol, almost all the lecturers in my department use good cars. Mad SUVs for that matter. I'm a finalist and I do not welcome the stagnation their strike has given my life. I have plans for myself as well and would like to get the hell out of school already. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Faber(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
Op get out....how much were you paid to ridicle ASUU, you are not even a student to start with.

A street urchin coming here to attack ASUU
Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by vb0mb(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2022
Firefox01:
Lol, almost all the lecturers in my department use good cars. Mad SUVs for that matter. I'm a finalist and I do not welcome the stagnation their strike has given my life. I have plans for myself as well and would like to get the hell out of school already. Thanks.

Do you think they bought those cars with their salaries? Really?! Hehehehe ignorance.

99% of them bought those cars with loans (cooperatives, esusu, etc), or side hustles that you the same students are complaining that they shouldn't have, not with salaries. Don't even go there. Now you know.

Better ask FG to do normal and leave ASUU alone.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Firefox01: 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Do you think they bought those cars with their salaries? Really?! Hehehehe ignorance.

99% of them bought those cars with loans (cooperatives, esusu, etc), or side hustles that you the same students are complaining that they shouldn't have, not with salaries. Don't even go there. Now you know.

Better ask FG to do normal and leave ASUU alone.

I don't give a Bleep. I have my own life to live. If their salaries and what have you are increased, big ups to them. It however won't enter my own pocket/benefit me. The only favour they can do for me as it stands is to call off the damn thing and let me graduate. I do not intend to turn a father in my final year. Nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Polynek(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
FG has the Moni to pay ASUU but they are finding it difficult to pay them.
I support ASUU Dix time around

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Auskyd(m): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
Firefox01:
I don't give a Bleep. I have my own life to live. If their salaries and what have you are increased, big ups to them. It however won't enter my own pocket/benefit me. The only favour they can do for me as it stands is to call off the damn thing and let me graduate. I do not intend to turn a father in my final year. Nonsense.

Omo e be like say you don old sha. Maybe like 28/29 chai. No vex, my bro. You go finish soon

Come mapoly sha. No strike, and babes and guys dey for you plenty grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by samuelpeters(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
What's the argument all about eh? undecided

Both ASUU and FG are not sincere. I understand some of the grievances of ASUU but they are not 100% sincere. Sometimes you wonder what they are really fighting for. If it is their personal pocket or for students.
FG should also learn to be sincere and keep to agreement.

Finally, There's no sane student in final year that wouldn't want this strike to be called off ASAP!

One down side that I see about this UTAS is that; if it is approved, other sector like Health would strike for FG to approve their own payment platform. And of course, "whatever is good for the goose, is good for the gander." FG would succumb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 by Christian36: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Mass comm student wey dey play bet9ja grin.

Oniro oshi
Hahaha! Maybe ASUU strike led him into beting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asup And Coeasu Prolong Strike. / Sex With Kangaroo Is Not Cheating Says Australian Judge / Is Usman Danfodio University,sokoto List Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.