Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today (16747 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Meets Today, May Extend Strike / ASUU Meets Today, Takes Final Decision On Strike Sunday / ASUU Strike: Federal Varsities To Be Grounded From February 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by SATANlSTMINION: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2022
Secondly:
I see them calling off the strike this week.

I want them to call off this strike this week so that I can continue with Doris from where we left off since February.

another lazy Nigerian youth
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2022
Buhari government is a Shame and comes 2023 we don't want to here anything called APC.

We are all Obidient. StandStrong North Centrals

1 Like

Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by profmathsland(m): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2022
A meeting that may turn out as fruitless as the others they have held. Fact remains the current Government doesn't care. The kids I handle really face a bleak future in this nation. Only private and then state universities like Lasu aren't affected by all these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by blackpanda: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ninisun:

Ewo oooo, at your age and level, you don't know school fees is to remitted to FG! grin Wonderful citizen of Naija

Keep deceiving yourself and talking rubbish. Remitted to which account mtscheeew
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by blackpanda: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2022
zikter:
Firstly, who told you ASUU(lecturers) collect and manage school fees? Secondly do you know how much parents will have to cough out if you insist on autonomy? This things are deeper than the shallow knowledge you have about them. Education anywhere is very expensive and governments all over input in one way or the other to subsidize it for the general good of her citizens. Our lazy and care free fraudulent politicians must live up to their responsibilities. Just find out how much they are paying for their children in foreign schools and you will marvel. Very useless people

No need for insults
If you want good schools your have to pay for it. Those fantastic foreign schools u mentioned are not cheap! the private universities that never go on strike are also not cheap! So why do u think u can have cheap education without strikes wake up biko!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by blackpanda: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Uncle, they had series of meetings back to back from January last year without anything to show for it.
FG stopped coming in October, and ASUU was supposed to strike the following month. They didn't.

ASUU kept sending memos and calling for meetings and nobody responded till February.

So whose fault is it again sir? How did ASUU not try to negotiate and just go on strike like that? Tell us as you seem to know more than the rest of us.

Arent you tired of this story?? Every single administration you keep chanting the same old news. Its like you enjoy staying at home? Abi you think u are doing FG Smh. Stay in your strike na. Shebi u are punishing buhari...lubbish
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by snoopz: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
The only way our country can function effectively is to first reduce the cost of governance, these evil politicians won't have choice than to make our unis better because they won't have the money to send their children abroad to study. Imagine Bashir wey be SA on digital communications dey collect 1m+ before tax and 800k+ after tax for what exactly?? And they don't want to increase lecturers' salary is that not wickedness ?
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Auskyd(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
blackpanda:

Arent you tired of this story?? Every single administration you keep chanting the same old news. Its like you enjoy staying at home? Abi you think u are doing FG Smh. Stay in your strike na. Shebi u are punishing buhari...lubbish

I thought age comes with sense. Apparently it is not always the case. You are an embodiment of the statement.

Cheers.
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by MDK777: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
They have called off the stike now, next week every lecturers and student should resume cool
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by MDK777: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
They have called off the stike now, next week every lecturers and student should resume cool sad
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Panda7(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
what is ASUU contribution to the nigerian economy, I thought ASUU was supposed to be the leader of tomorrow or atleast the dependent of our economy else i really think education should end at the secondary level cus tertiary education is an agent of diminishing returns with no future only loads of certificate, no proper or professional training only wasting of money, time and resources on certificates
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Secondly: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
SATANlSTMINION:
another lazy Nigerian youth

That's your business although I own it with my full chest.
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
blackpanda:

Keep deceiving yourself and talking rubbish. Remitted to which account mtscheeew

Let me educate son, every federal University student pays her school fees to a federation account known as remitta (a portal you have to visit to get the account number of whatsoever you want to pay for as regards to your University and even as little as convocation/matriculation fees) .

The Universities do not have access to the money in the account. Hold your thanks, at least Nairaland has helped to educate you.

Next time you want to learn something new from someone, try to be polite or thunder will fire you.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by chaseblack(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
blackpanda:

But on what basis are they demanding tho. NUC Act does not make it mandatory for govt to be the their treasury pot. Govt is only supposed to provide support. What do they use the school fees they collect to do

In my opinion, Universities should be made autonomous. Any university that cannot cope should be shut down and merged. Govt should rather invest in the students by providing bursaries and scholarships. The universities have weaponized strikes and industrial action. They won't even wait to discuss, they just strike first then discuss later.

I support making our institutions autonomous as well, but that requires planning. It's not something we can just wake up and do.
Let them start making plans now, but will they?
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by chaseblack(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
iswallker:

You are talking out of context

undecided

Explain
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Wwwq: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Farid24224(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
vb0mb:
Better . we pray for good things ahead

Be careful while at petrol/gas filling station. See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctN1hL5YQOw
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by Emperordynasty: 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
jkpbestseries:
From the Military regime to PDP and now APC it has become a norm of successive government pushing up their agreement to the other. Am so glad that is only ASUU that can hold FG to do the right thing. We need more ASUU in Nigeria to get things right.
Are u a student in a federal university and if yes are u doing an undergraduate programme
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by WhizdomXX(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2022
MDK777:
They have called off the stike now, next week every lecturers and student should resume cool sad
Source?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by MDK777: 7:01am On Aug 17, 2022
WhizdomXX:
Source?
As A President Of NigERiA Name SaKe
Re: Strike: Federal Government, ASUU Meets Today by blackpanda: 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ninisun:

Let me educate son, every federal University student pays her school fees to a federation account known as remitta (a portal you have to visit to get the account number of whatsoever you want to pay for as regards to your University and even as little as convocation/matriculation fees) .

The Universities do not have access to the money in the account. Hold your thanks, at least Nairaland has helped to educate you.

Next time you want to learn something new from someone, try to be polite or thunder will fire you.

Childish babble

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out / JAMB Begins Biometric Verification Of Candidates / Kogi State University Admission List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.