Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed (15007 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo / Buhari Wasn’t Cloned But Dead - Nnamdi Kanu Replies Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by dre11(m): 8:24am On Aug 17, 2022
By Seun Adeuyi

The spokesman of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, says President Muhammadu Buhari was elected into government unprepared.

Will the world ever miss Nigeria for anything?
He said, “I think the problem was that nobody really understood that President Buhari thought his becoming president was enough to solve problems. He believed that once he was president of Nigeria the rest was going to be detailed. He didn’t come prepared to govern.

“Quite possibly, Buhari would have thought people would fear him, people would do what he says, he doesn’t steal people’s money, there would be no corruption. He doesn’t take nonsense, so there would be no insecurity.

“It wasn’t difficult to see that preparation wasn’t necessarily the key to action. President Buhari wasn’t prepared to govern when he came to office. He wasn’t prepared to hit the ground. It took him more than months before he appointed ministers.

“And when he did, he appointed people that were close to him, people he felt personally comfortable with and those are the same people still in the office. I think the number of ministers that have left his cabinet from 2015 to now are just a few.”

https://dailytrust.com/buhari-wasnt-prepared-for-governance-hakeem-baba-ahmed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Jashub: 8:27am On Aug 17, 2022
Buhari from the onset was just an incompetent person who felt it was his turn to govern the affairs of Nigeria. If not for Idiagbon's cleverness, nobody would have known Buhari...infact none of his policies about corruption would have made daylight because the man just didn't have the IQ to think and act lipsrsealed

179 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Bethel4Life(f): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2022
“It wasn’t difficult to see that preparation wasn’t necessarily the key to action. President Buhari wasn’t prepared to govern when he came to office. He wasn’t prepared to hit the ground. It took him more than months before he appointed ministers.

“And when he did, he appointed people that were close to him, people he felt personally comfortable with and those are the same people still in the office. I think the number of ministers that have left his cabinet from 2015 to now are just a few.” lipsrsealed

Words on Marble
This is what Tinubu is doing too... Tinubu has never come out to tell us what he will do since he won the primaries and his zombies are still rooting for him

Well no wonder they are zombiec urchins grin

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Bethel4Life(f): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2022
Shots fired cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2022
Big Shame! He contested several times but was never preparing himself for the business of governance. Another problem he had was old age.

Another old man now has come up to tell us how it has been a long time dream for him to be president. He even told us how it's his turn.

The major problem we have are the people brainwashed to follow them.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Maxymilliano(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2022
We know naaa ...

He was packaged and disguised as the messiah

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2022
Yes..
Just connection.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2022
water is wet

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Truthisunique2: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2022
Yet tinubu packaged him and forced him on nigerians

I no really understand this Hakeem guy, I remember like yesterday he was apc representative in the national collation centre in 2015

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Racoon(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2022
Of course these people lamenting now all knew this reality back then, but parochial and ethno-religious sentiments beclouded their sense of sound judgement.

In fact, if there are Nigerians that can be exonerated they are the people of the Southeast and South-south; but the North and the Southwest are responsible for our problems today under this regime. I said it right from the beginning that Buhari is not competent and therefore cannot lead. 

There is a northerner who was my friend but because of what I told them about the incompetence of Buhari till today we are not on speaking terms. He is not a young man, but he is my junior who is above 80 years. He is an experienced person, but at that time there was this mentality that it is only Buhari that can solve the problems of Nigeria.

Now, we are crying. It was our shortsightedness. People did not behave the way they are supposed to behaved when Buhari was looking for power. In other words, the North and Southwest foisted on Nigerians the problems they are going through now.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/yakasai-to-nigerians-blame-southwest-north-for-your-sufferings/

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by SmartPolician: 8:49am On Aug 17, 2022
I think what happened to Buhari is that he is no longer in his prime. An old man is like a baby - he doesn't think well. Some of them are dealing with dementia and other sicknesses common among old people. You cannot give your best when you are frail and sick - this is common sense.

Similarly, this is the problem I have with people who want to shove Tinubu down our throats. They are so covered by tribal veils and selfish gains that they forgot what this country is going through in the hands of a senile and incompetent Buhari.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Giidgiddy: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2022
This is another angle but if you ask me I think Buhari is unlucky from oil prices crash to covid-19 and now Russian war...
I agree what Nigeria as a country and its economy need right now is a builder, a visionary leader, nigerians must understand that change is slow, that's why you can't afford to make mistakes, change is slow... But if we get it right and vote someone that can open up money sources, not frugal or stingy like Buhari but open with ideas, diversity the economy. How can lagos be single out to be the kind of economy it is? was that its position before Tinubu took over the affairs of the state?
They said it's the port, Benin republic have a port too. But Benin citizens are all over Lagos. If I ask you to vote right, I said it knowing you will do the right thing.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Angeh: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
May God help us in this country
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Kizyte(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
Before nko?
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by babaRUNtinz(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
You are very correct
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by treesun: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by adioolayi(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
I partly agree...

I would rather say, he was prepared to be a Military President.... Unfortunately for him, Democracy is entirely different kettle of fish..he wasn't prepared to be a democratic President!

The more reason I am optimistic an Atiku, Tinubu or Peter Obi's dispensation will do better.... because, they have govern in democratic dispensation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by olisefom: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
He was just contesting?

How will someone be that consistent in vying for a post he is not prepared for?

If not because Nigerians were tired of what PDP was throwing at them then...there was probably no way he would have won.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by grandstar(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
He made a lot of sense. Buhari felt his body language was enough to change things angry angry angry

And that's why he still has fanatical followers down to this day despite his woeful performance. His fans think he's doing his best despite facts on the ground showing the complete opposite. They feel he is being misunderstood and maligned unjustly.

A decorated donkey is still a donkey. A disastrous result is still a disaster.

Body language does not change thing. Sound transformative policies are the game-changer and not body language. Several bad policies in tow by this government has badly damaged the economy and the country.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by olaboy33(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
G
Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by whitering: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
Yes I agreed. Buhari never prepared at all. How can you use almost a year to get ministers to run ya government

Sarki how far with your brother in bandit den?

Are you still going to campaign for APC?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by pepetua(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
Médecin after burial entertainment.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Tokskob2008: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
Not just Buhari alone but the entire useless party called APC.... Their agenda was to just come on board and lavish the country's resources just the way PDP did too not knowing there wasn't any cash remained to lavish hence the flop and suicidal economic policies that plunged the nation into total darkness..

I will say it again even Jesus Christ happens to be the presidential candidate of APC I will never vote him.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Quest7777: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2022

Even Tinubu knew Buhari was a disaster but still went ahead to market him to Nigerians all because of his selfish political calculation that Buhari will in turn support his emi lokan ambition.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
But he was prepared to borrow money and enrich his family members

Don’t he?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by TheGift: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2022
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/buhari-wasnt-prepared-for-governance-hakeem-baba-ahmed

It is obvious, even after 7 years, He remains the most clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by naijapikin2(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
Yes he was expecting jonathan to drag the issue, it's like a hot yam was placed in his ✋

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by ennyrah: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
Even if he wasn't prepared the time given to him is enough to prepare but it seem his name is tantamount to failure.... nothing is working under his 7+ years administration.

This is abysmal failure

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2022
Giidgiddy:
This is another angle but if you ask me I think Buhari is unlucky from oil prices crash to covid-19 and now Russian war...
I agree what Nigeria as a country and its economy need right now is a builder, a visionary leader, nigerians must understand that change is slow, that's why you can't afford to make mistakes, change is slow... But if we get it right and vote someone that can open up money sources, not frugal or stingy like Buhari but open with ideas, diversity the economy. How can lagos be single out to be the kind of economy it is? was that its position before Tinubu took over the affairs of the state?
They said it's the port, Benin republic have a port too. But Benin citizens are all over Lagos. If I ask you to vote right, I said it knowing you will do the right thing.
Did you go to school at all.

This is the reason politicians are having their way.

How can grown up like u make a case for this govt. people in the know have made it clear to you that he failed, even his kins

We have more monkeys than humans in this country

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Suspends 5% Telecoms Tax, Defers Finance Act To Sept 1 / Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 / Obanikoro To Court: We Airlifted N1.2b For Fayose's Election In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.